Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2012
Not bad. I was entertained. I like this kind of art with soft lines and colours and the game world is very interesting.

My first impression of the main character is...he's a bit overpowered. It feels like he'll barely break a sweat winning any game.

I haven't read the source material so I guess it's a bit early to judge but he reminds me of Izayoi from Mondaiji, thankfully a bit less arrogant.
Now that I think about it, this show feels/is very similar to Mondaiji. Oh well, hopefully things won't go too smoothly for these characters.
Apr 11, 2014 6:55 AM
Jul 2009
kickmesign said:
It's like fantasy Kaiji without the struggling. Not bad, but not great.

uggh finally someone got the right comparison.

anyway this has got to be one of the better adaptation this season so far.

only complain firstly would be the art work, i got no problems with the BG since it capture the art style perfectly, the people on the other hand... the colours seems slightly muted most likely to the excessive use of gaussian blur, and i prefer the original sharp line of the artist western influence.

the pacing is some what off but i guess since they are craming 3 books into 1 cour i can't complain much, though i really wish they made it a 2 cour and goes up to vol 5.
i want to see the treatment of the vampires due to the commandments on screen damn it >_<

other then that its mostly minor things like the dialog of the gambler after his lost, shiro not next to him in the inn, stepth losing her clothes.

other then that the rest was pretty good, great BGM and OP, solid voice acting, and screenplay caught the feel of sora being and arse just right

all in all 8/10 can't wait for next week
Apr 11, 2014 7:36 AM

Oct 2011
galimx said:

There were more than 1 panty shots, i just didnt count, sorry. Im not buthurt, just giving out some food to you folks, so you can bite, like you did. And if you didnt realize there was a panty shot i dunno if we were watching the same anime, it will get even more ecchi in next episode, you can trust me on that. Most people high rated this because the anime is like a blowjob to gamers, all the fancy fantasy world, not the cruel reality. Most hardcore gamers like that dream. Anyway, im outta here. Talking 2much about a medicore anime its not my thing.

So you couldn't find a reply to my post? Figures.
CheesekaoApr 11, 2014 7:44 AM
Apr 11, 2014 8:10 AM
Oct 2013
galimx said:
niknasr said:
galimx said:
niknasr said:
galimx said:
Doing Panty shots from a 11 year old girl gives this anime higher score than ping pong the animation. Sad anime fans nowdays.

^Wut? Trolling?

? Nope, i just said the truth.

Nah, you just butthurt and want to provoke everyone who like this more than ping pong or maybe didn't even watch ping pong because it is not their genre.. Well, I think most people here didn't rate it high because of what you said anyway.. so, it is not the truth, simply that, and I didn't even realize there's a panty shot in this ep, good job noticing it..

There were more than 1 panty shots, i just didnt count, sorry. Im not buthurt, just giving out some food to you folks, so you can bite, like you did. And if you didnt realize there was a panty shot i dunno if we were watching the same anime, it will get even more ecchi in next episode, you can trust me on that. Most people high rated this because the anime is like a blowjob to gamers, all the fancy fantasy world, not the cruel reality. Most hardcore gamers like that dream. Anyway, im outta here. Talking 2much about a medicore anime its not my thing.

No, no, no, we were watching the same show alright.. It only means the panty shots didn't make much impression for me as it did for you.. Thanks for the food, but I hope for main dish not some decoration on plate..

Btw, I'm not a gamer, The game I played only Football Manager and that's all, and I love this show or I love this first ep..

Edit: Btw, I don't have the problem with ecchi genre, In fact you can say, I'm watching this with fully-knowing of its ecchiness..
niknasrApr 11, 2014 8:14 AM
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Apr 11, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2010
Urek said:
well... it was fine i guess... but tone down with the fanservice, do you hear >_>

Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Supernatural

are you ignorant or stupid chose quickly

Lyrisia said:
Really liked the 1st ep! A bit less fanservice would be nice though...

Cute pair of siblings imo :D

OK NO PEOPLE PLEASE READ THE GENRE BEFORE POSTING STUFF LIKE THIS LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 11, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
hazerddex said:
Urek said:
well... it was fine i guess... but tone down with the fanservice, do you hear >_>
Lyrisia said:

OK NO PEOPLE PLEASE READ THE GENRE BEFORE POSTING STUFF LIKE THIS LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF

i know, it's like watching a yaoi and complaining about there being homos in it.

On topic the show is really fucking good and this season is fantastic!
GoremongerApr 11, 2014 11:59 AM
Apr 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
hazerddex said:
Urek said:

Lyrisia said:

...Is it bad that I'm hoping for MORE fanservice? I seen some of the more lewd official art on /a/ and my goodness, I like it.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Apr 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2010
/wow/.
Giving this a 10 right off the bat.

The brother is just.. Unf yes. Perfect. Personality and design wise.
A loli that isn't loud, stupid, or annoying is also a blessing.

Just wowwoww I'm so excited, wish it was longer though

EDIT: Wish it wasn't Ecchi based. Blech. I can see this really taking away from the show as a whole, so it's really unfortunate they chose this route. However all I've seen so far are a few panty shots and a lady with bigs boobs. Which isn't that bad, maybe a little annoying but that's about it.
FenixDragon43Apr 11, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 11, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2013
Cool.
Apr 11, 2014 2:49 PM
Dec 2012
I found NGNL trough the manga, then I found about Baka Tsuki and started reading up to the latest translated LN chapter.

I was so happy to find out that it is getting an anime. I hopped that it would be adapted epicly and Madhouse didn't fail. While keeping to the LN as much as possible they used such great animation that I just had to watch it twice!

Hope the next one is as epic as this. Well I would watch it anyway since I'm so No Game No Life fan 4 life.
Apr 11, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode!
Apr 11, 2014 4:04 PM
Mar 2009
Geezus, the colour contrast in this show is WTF blinding.

Really liked the first episode. The siblings seem like they make for a great pair of protagonists for this genre and the premise sounds good.

"Stay in this fantasy world cause the real world is a shitty game." Oh, and cheating without getting caught is a must. Sounds like fun.
Apr 11, 2014 4:06 PM
Feb 2014
will seem to be loli and incest ... and I like that!
Apr 11, 2014 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
I am going to like this anime a lot
Apr 11, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
I like this anime. Kinda reminds me of sword art online at the start. 7/10 for the first episode.
Apr 11, 2014 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
definitely looks promising!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 11, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2013
Everything is so damn colorful *_*
Apr 11, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2011
galimx said:
niknasr said:
galimx said:
Doing Panty shots from a 11 year old girl gives this anime higher score than ping pong the animation. Sad anime fans nowdays.

^Wut? Trolling?

It's fucking ping pong, how interesting can that possibly be? Loli is far more entertaining.

Still don't understand people who watch ecchi anime and then complain about the fanservice. It'd be like watching a mecha series and whining about all the giant robots in the show.
Apr 11, 2014 7:43 PM

Sep 2010
so... kinda like mondaiji but.... less awesome... i guess?

great art style and animation is over 9000. definitely a keep.

Still don't understand people who watch ecchi anime and then complain about the fanservice. It'd be like watching a mecha series and whining about all the giant robots in the show.

no, dont try to be stupid by mixing those 2 kinds of complains, it IS really sad that a single fucking pantyshot makes everyone scream AOTY at the top of their lungs
>just realized that this is ranked 179....
>tfw
CatastrophicApr 11, 2014 7:51 PM
Apr 11, 2014 8:11 PM
Mar 2014
Catastrophic said:
so... kinda like mondaiji but.... less awesome... i guess?

great art style and animation is over 9000. definitely a keep.

Same premise, but the protagonists fight with their leet gaming skillz instead of their fists. I find this more interesting, to be honest. In Mondaiji the main guy just punched everything, kinda boring.
dirtyuncleApr 11, 2014 9:20 PM
Apr 11, 2014 9:16 PM

Sep 2010
dirtyuncle said:
In Mondaiji the main guy just punched everything, kinda boring.
except when he didnt, which was 90% of the time.

he only participated in 2 fights, and only to face another opposing juggernaut while everyone else used their powers on other ways/opponents/etc. to clear the conditions the opposing team set.
Apr 11, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Mondaiji clearly didn't have budget, while this one has.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 11, 2014 9:24 PM
Aug 2012
Tremendous potential. Hoping it won't revolve solely around 1 type of game like Yugioh.
Apr 11, 2014 9:40 PM
Oct 2012
Keetriver said:
Tremendous potential. Hoping it won't revolve solely around 1 type of game like Yugioh.

And I seriously doubt he will just happen to have possessed the kick ass winning card all the time, but just forget to mention it for 75 episodes.
Apr 11, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2012
Keetriver said:
Don't worry the game they play is different from people to people. After all the one who is challanged that get to choose the game and of course they will choose a game that give them an advantage.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 11, 2014 10:43 PM

Dec 2012
I like the scenery although the colors were a little too vibrant. So far, I'm liking the premise of the anime.
allo
Apr 12, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2011
dropped instantly. a panty shot of an eleven year old? yeah, this is definitely going to be a worthwhile series. the popularity of this show indicates that we get the anime we deserve.
Apr 12, 2014 12:52 AM

Oct 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Keetriver said:
Don't worry the game they play is different from people to people. After all the one who is challanged that get to choose the game and of course they will choose a game that give them an advantage.

I think you're misunderstanding the rule a bit. The challenged party is not the one who chooses the game but rather he has a say in the contents of the game, meaning that both parties have to agree to what game that they will be playing.
Apr 12, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
galimx said:
niknasr said:
galimx said:

^Wut? Trolling?

It's fucking ping pong, how interesting can that possibly be? Loli is far more entertaining.

wise words(no sarcasm :I)
NeoAnkara said:
Keetriver said:

:O thats what i hope for...that means they have no limit in the potential of anime

...And please get over the panty shot thing,gods sake is this the first anime you guys ever watched?Anime has "ecchi" tag and a loli character.so you dont need to be a scientist to expect a "loli panty shot"...just sad
Apr 12, 2014 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
Woah...

The granddaughter of late-king was "robbed" clean...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 1:04 AM

Mar 2012
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:
Keetriver said:

I think you're misunderstanding the rule a bit. The challenged party is not the one who chooses the game but rather he has a say in the contents of the game, meaning that both parties have to agree to what game that they will be playing.
The one that challanged have the right to decide the content of the game. That's a plot point btw.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 12, 2014 1:43 AM

Oct 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:
Keetriver said:

The one that challanged have the right to decide the content of the game. That's a plot point btw.

Let me explain this properly. While the "challenged" party has the rights to decide the contents of the game, the "challenger" can also decide the contents of the game.

Let's take episode one for example. Sora challenged the old hag to a game of poker. The old hag agrees. Sora is by default the challenger and yet he chose the contents of the game.

Extremely minor spoiler:

See? It goes both ways. It's impossible for there to be a rule that is one sided.
CheesekaoApr 12, 2014 1:47 AM
Apr 12, 2014 2:06 AM

Mar 2012
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:
Keetriver said:

Let me explain this properly. While the "challenged" party has the rights to decide the contents of the game, the "challenger" can also decide the contents of the game.

Let's take episode one for example. Sora challenged the old hag to a game of poker. The old hag agrees. Sora is by default the challenger and yet he chose the contents of the game.

Extremely minor spoiler:

See? It goes both ways. It's impossible for there to be a rule that is one sided.
If both sides agree then it's not a problem.
Apr 12, 2014 2:11 AM

Oct 2011
NeoAnkara said:

I have no idea if you understood what I just said but I'll just assume you do.
Apr 12, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2011
Pretty good first episode. Really interesting plus the quality is gorgeous.

I'm looking forward to next episode.
Apr 12, 2014 2:16 AM

Mar 2012
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:

That's because Sora is good at psychological warfare. He make situation seems go to the other party favor so that they think chance of winning is high.
Apr 12, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:

That's because Sora is good at psychological warfare. He make situation seems go to the other party favor so that they think chance of winning is high.

Not to be rude or anything but I don't think you're on the same page as me. All I did was try to correct you of your misconception of one of the rules and you've oddly went off tangent.
Apr 12, 2014 3:20 AM

Jan 2014
really good artwork, ost, and fairly interesting concept.

theres like soooo many appealing aspects of this anime though, its gonna blow up in popularity but oh well
[right]
Apr 12, 2014 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:
Cheesekao said:
NeoAnkara said:

Not to be rude or anything but I don't think you're on the same page as me. All I did was try to correct you of your misconception of one of the rules and you've oddly went off tangent.
NP. It seems that I'm not in the same wavelength as you.
Apr 12, 2014 3:29 AM

Feb 2012
I think it has a good start. Lets hope it doesn't turn into another sao...

Apr 12, 2014 3:58 AM

Jan 2014
The art....

It's beautiful...
Apr 12, 2014 6:02 AM

Jul 2008
Feels like a more badass SAO which I like :D I'm going to put my neck out and say this is one of the top 3 best anime of the season :)
Apr 12, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2011
That was.. pretty good, it might just be one of my favorite Spring series if it continues to be awesome, which it probably will according to the LN readers. The ED was good as well, and KugiRie's voice acting as Teto. I didn't like the boob grabbing cliche shown in the preview though, the other red hair chick looks like an idiot, Sora even went out of his way to tell her about the opponent. ~.~ If Sora had won the poker game fair and square I would've disliked it, glad that he won by cheating, would've liked to know how he won the game. this is a tad bit overrated imo, but well you have Mirai Nikki in the top 200, so this is nothing in comparison.

It is sad that it is only going to last for a season.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 12, 2014 8:58 AM

Mar 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
That was.. pretty good, it might just be one of my favorite Spring series if it continues to be awesome, which it probably will according to the LN readers. The ED was good as well, and KugiRie's voice acting as Teto. I didn't like the boob grabbing cliche shown in the preview though, the other red hair chick looks like an idiot, Sora even went out of his way to tell her about the opponent. ~.~ If Sora had won the poker game fair and square I would've disliked it, glad that he won by cheating, would've liked to know how he won the game. this is a tad bit overrated imo, but well you have Mirai Nikki in the top 200, so this is nothing in comparison.

It is sad that it is only going to last for a season.
In this April volume 6 of LN will be out. Pray for the success of the two media if you want to see more.
Apr 12, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
Nice one. A lot of lolicon vibes though, I wonder how many moralfags will go mad over that.

Also madhouse and their super crazy color gradients wtf is going on in their studio? Popping the acid all day?
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 12, 2014 9:13 AM

Mar 2012
Orsonius said:
Nice one. A lot of lolicon vibes though, I wonder how many moralfags will go mad over that.

Also madhouse and their super crazy color gradients wtf is going on in their studio? Popping the acid all day?
That's from the LN btw. I guess they just went along with it.
Apr 12, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one who really hates the art? It feels like they just used a shitty bloom filter on the whole thing and called it a day.
Apr 12, 2014 11:17 AM

Mar 2013
Really enjoyed the first episode this being a new series to me (never read the novel). I'm starting to like Shiro and Sora. I also enjoyed the art, it's new to me for a change. Hope to see more good stuff in the following episodes.
Apr 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2013
A little bit of a rushed opening episode, but it has a unique art style and looks like it'll remain at least somewhat interesting as it progresses. Way too many pantie shots tho.
Apr 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
Getting the Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo vibes from this anime. Possibly cos they're all OP.

Genius, hardcore gamer and a loli?! Shiro is pure awesomeness.

Still wonder how did all of them cheat. They only showed that one girl at the start but that's it. Either that or I must've missed something.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1028 by alippskuy »»
Sep 23, 10:55 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

578 by chris1763 »»
Sep 23, 7:39 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

477 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jul 27, 8:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

295 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jul 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2014

503 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jul 27, 8:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.