Forum Settings
Forums

Uploading profile picture / avatar - 500 Internal Server Error

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 23, 2014 10:11 AM

Mar 2013
It's 12 of them. And no, it seems the issue is rather server-related than image-related, regardless of what Luna has said. That is because two of my friends have been experiencing the same issue, but it passed with time. One has even commented about it publicly on my profile. Therefore, I guess I just have to wait a little.
Jun 3, 2019 1:28 PM

Mar 2015
Hi, I was told to post the image(s) I was trying to upload here. I'd just like to say this error happens with (almost; some of the over-sized images didn't give an error and just told me the image was too large) every image I've tried, even my old forum avatar. I also got the error deleting my forum avatar before, but the deletion somehow managed to get through after I refreshed the page (contrary to what I predicted).

As such, here's my old forum avatar, completely unchanged from when it was made 3+ years ago:

Of course, I had to upload it to a website to embed it with BBCode, so I'm not sure if that factors into anything.
Jun 17, 2019 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
Hello, I've been getting an internal server error each time I tried to upload a forum pfp for the last 3 weeks, none of the solutions listed in this thread worked (I've searched on other threads too).
Here's the image I've been trying to upload

Pls halp
Jun 17, 2019 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
A lot of the time if the file name is too long it wont work, rename it to like a single letter.
Jun 17, 2019 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
MiraniaTLS said:
A lot of the time if the file name is too long it wont work, rename it to like a single letter.

I renamed it to "h" and it didn't work.
Jun 17, 2019 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
Deduleadaa said:
MiraniaTLS said:

I've found that after removing your picture, wait at least 15 minutes before adding a new one, and it should work better.

Jun 17, 2019 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Deduleadaa said:

I've found that after removing your picture, wait at least 15 minutes before adding a new one, and it should work better.

Well, it's been 3 weeks since I removed my old picture.
Jun 17, 2019 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
Deduleadaa said:
Seiya said:

Oh, I see. That's strange.

Another option would be to change the filetype. For example, if it's .jpg, change it to .png. If it's already .png, try changing it to .jpg.

Jun 17, 2019 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Deduleadaa said:

Oh, I see. That's strange.

Another option would be to change the filetype. For example, if it's .jpg, change it to .png. If it's already .png, try changing it to .jpg.

Yeah, I saw that solution on another thread and I've tried it but neither did it work lol. I've tried so many things
that I think the problem comes from Mal rather than my picture.
Jun 17, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
@Deduleadaa

I was able to upload your pic as a profile pic

How I did it:
1. remove your old pic (done)
2. make sure your profile pic is in JPEG form
3. upload it and repeatedly click the submit button under Choose File for 30 seconds or more

Had to do this twice. I think if in the first 30 seconds of spam clicking, if it doesn't change over, try again
Jun 17, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
Shishio-kun said:
@Deduleadaa

How I did it:
3. upload it and repeatedly click the submit button under Choose File for 30 seconds or more

Had to do this twice. I think if in the first 30 seconds of spam clicking, if it doesn't change over, try again

I did as you said and it worked for me, thanks
But for your profile pic i see this, i don't know if it's me
Jun 17, 2019 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Shishio-kun said:
@Deduleadaa

How I did it:

Weird way of fixing the problem lol, but it worked, thank you very much.
Jun 17, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2010
Zoldyck-san_ said:
Shishio-kun said:
@Deduleadaa

How I did it:

I did as you said and it worked for me, thanks
But for your profile pic i see this, i don't know if it's me

Yeah it shows a broken pic temporarily while I was changing it again, with the same method, and it worked again, haha
Jun 17, 2019 2:12 PM

Feb 2010
Deduleadaa said:
Shishio-kun said:
@Deduleadaa

How I did it:

Weird way of fixing the problem lol, but it worked, thank you very much.

Good! Really wish they would link this solution in the OP, stop burying it, and merge these threads together lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3448 by Wendoka »»
2 hours ago

» PLEASE bring back the functions to reply in forum games

tsukareru - May 17

20 by Rasco »»
7 hours ago

» I presume the site is having a few intermittent issues right now... right?

Daviljoe193 - May 31

4 by Noboru »»
Yesterday, 1:18 AM

» ask if i want to discuss a chapter when i change it on my list not showing up

deg - Jan 26

8 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 31, 11:27 PM

» Can't click anything using Brave but Incognito mode works fine

Troord - Aug 12, 2023

8 by PirateIchigo_ »»
May 31, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.