Feb 20, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
Bleach samurai
Naruto ninja
One piece pirates

3 of what boys like to pretend they like simple
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Feb 20, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2012
Animefreak17a said:
Bleach samurai
Naruto ninja
One piece pirates

3 of what boys like to pretend they like simple

I used to pretend I was a superhero or a NINJA turtle so you're wrong
Feb 20, 2014 4:25 PM

Aug 2012
JD2411 said:
Yes because travelling to one island, beating up random bad guys and leaving again is a surefire way to find One Piece.
Finally you said something on-topic and I can comment

You obviously didn't pay attention to the anime. The One Piece is in the last island of the Grand Line, and the Grand Line is a very dangerous place full of... dangerous stuff. The only way to reach the last island is to follow the Log Pose, which points to the next island. Once you reach the next island, you must wait some days until the log pose starts pointing to the next one. When they arrive in an Island, they usually leave their ship to buy food and medications, and most times they end up in a fight against the marine or some crazy guy trying to kill them. One Piece is 100% logical, and that is why it deserves to be part of the big 3.
Feb 20, 2014 4:25 PM
Mar 2013
renders said:
btw when was the last time they read a book to use a flipping spell?
They were all taught magic eg Natsu was taught by Igneel
Feb 20, 2014 4:26 PM
Mar 2013
lupadim said:
JD2411 said:
Yes because travelling to one island, beating up random bad guys and leaving again is a surefire way to find One Piece.

You obviously didn't pay attention to the anime. The One Piece is in the last island of the Grand Line, and the Grand Line is a very dangerous place full of... dangerous stuff. The only way to reach the last island is to follow the Log Pose, which points to the next island. Once you reach the next island, you must wait some days until the log pose starts pointing to the next one. When they arrive in an Island, they usually leave their ship to buy food and medications, and most times they end up in a fight against the marine or some crazy guy trying to kill them. One Piece is 100% logical, and that is why it deserves to be part of the big 3.
I have seen over 100 episodes of One Piece Lupadim...
Feb 20, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2012
JD2411 said:
lupadim said:
JD2411 said:

No, you saw exactly 100 accordingly to your list.

And don't go off-topic please. You attacked One Piece and its position at the big 3. I defended it. Now argue against my points. And I said you didn't pay attention to the anime, not that you didn't watch it.

Also, I just noticed something pretty sad
http://prntscr.com/2uczmu

Well.
Feb 20, 2014 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
The Big three only exists in the west. One Piece is by far the most popular manga in Japan, and because of that, it's by far the most popular manga out there.

I'm not following your logic here.

one piece has the best worldwide sales because of Japan. That doesn't really mean it is the most popular worldwide. In fact it's nowhere close to being the most popular anything outside of Japan.
Feb 20, 2014 4:30 PM
Mar 2013
lupadim said:
JD2411 said:
lupadim said:
JD2411 said:

No, you saw exactly 100 accordingly to your list.

And don't go off-topic please. You attacked One Piece and its position at the big 3. I defended it. Now argue against my points. And I said you didn't pay attention to the anime, not that you didn't watch it.

Also, I just noticed something pretty sad
http://prntscr.com/2uczmu

Well.
You basically said they travel to an island,get supplies, beat up some bad guys and leave

at the moment One Piece is at an 8/10 and Fairy Tail is 9/10. maybe this will change

and Lupadim your printscreen proves you have good taste in anime, my friend
Feb 20, 2014 4:31 PM

Dec 2012
Raven_Baby-Gurl said:
umashikaneko said:
one piece is big where manga is popular than anime.

Japan,France,China…

western people tend to less like one piece because it seems fake to them,while Japanese tend to less like naruto because it seems fake to Japanese

Stupid comment. Even in these bad times naruto is still selling well in Japan.

The person you quoted is Japanese...
Feb 20, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2012
Whenever someone questions the term "Big 3", I see shit like:
"These anime/manga sell more (in Japan) why aren't they part of the big 3?" or "This anime is a fighting shounen and it's better than all of them why isn't this part of the big 3?"
So yeah, manga sales in Japan are pretty irrelevant to the term, and I believe quality is as well.

I always thought the "Big" wasn't entirely referring to their popularity, in the west or anywhere else, but much of it also to do with the amount of episodes they have; 300+, which is more than DBZ if you don't include DB & DBGT, which many people didn't watch or simply disregard. Also in the case of DBZ, it had finished long before any of them started.

Oh and if there are any doubts about their popularity outside of Japan then just check the top anime page in terms of popularity and you'll see all of them there, though the op is slightly justified in what he says; One Piece is the least popular according to that.
Konbu is important
Feb 20, 2014 4:35 PM

Nov 2011
I'd just like to point out again that One Piece is the most successful manga but isn't a large part of that because of how many volumes it has? I'm pretty sure Dragon Ball was more successful in proportion to how many volumes were released plus considering rise in population and higher worldwide popularity of manga worldwide it seems like One Piece has an advantage that Dragon Ball and Astro boy didn't have. I think Dragon Ball and Astro boy were actually the more popular manga.
Feb 20, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2012

anyway to answer the op once and for all look at the manga sales each years how all the mangas combines aren't on one piece's sales
rodacFeb 21, 2014 7:11 PM
Feb 20, 2014 4:37 PM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:
The Big three only exists in the west. One Piece is by far the most popular manga in Japan, and because of that, it's by far the most popular manga out there.

one piece has the best worldwide sales because of Japan. That doesn't really mean it is the most popular worldwide. In fact it's nowhere close to being the most popular anything outside of Japan.
As far as manga and anime go it seems to be pretty damn popular in western areas of the world I mean I doubt you'd have any trouble finding One Piece fanatics online.
Feb 20, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Kuroko no Basket and Magi sell nearly 4,000,000 more volumes per year than Naruto each, why aren't they a part of the "Big 3"?

Hell, Attack on Titan tripled Naruto's sales this year, big three anyone?

Actually Magi sold 1,597,068 more volumes than Naruto and KnB sold 3.,207,148 more..

Well considering the term was coined for the top 3 manga in Jump, the big 3 should be One piece, KnB and Naruto.
tsudecimoFeb 20, 2014 4:43 PM
Feb 20, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

Japan is by far the biggest market, and One Piece is by far the most popular in this market. So because of that, obvioulsy it's going to be the most popular in the world. Or are you implying that Japanes count less. They have small penis, yes, but that doesn't mean they are lesser humans.
Feb 20, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2014
Nowadays, the question is why is Bleach a part of the big 3? Once the anime finished, it dwindled in every way possible.

Anyway, the saying "get them while they are young" also applies. Naruto and Bleach were quite prominent on CN, even though I didn't watch or know what anime was as a kid, I did hear about Naruto and Bleach, but not One Piece.
A lot of people who are the biggest fans (notice I didn't say ALL. No generalizations here), have been so since they were kids, even before they knew what anime was.

Having gotten into anime pretty recently, I have learned to be more wary of people who praise shows because they grew up with them, and more trusting of those who have viewed them recently.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 20, 2014 4:41 PM

Nov 2010
BlackSabotage said:
I'd just like to point out again that One Piece is the most successful manga but isn't a large part of that because of how many volumes it has? I'm pretty sure Dragon Ball was more successful in proportion to how many volumes were released plus considering rise in population and higher worldwide popularity of manga worldwide it seems like One Piece has an advantage that Dragon Ball and Astro boy didn't have. I think Dragon Ball and Astro boy were actually the more popular manga.
Everything impacts sales, it's useless to mention it. Amount of volumes, when it came out, if it has an anime, how good is the anime, chance, population, what other manga started near it, demographic, characters, the story, what magazine it was in, etc, etc, etc. And there are manga that have over twice the amount of volumes that One Piece doubles or triples their sales.

And I think One Piece in it's prime might sell more than DBZ in it's prime. Of course I can't prove that because you can just talk about world population to try and downsize it.
Feb 20, 2014 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
lupadim said:
renders said:
I haven't been on this forum in a long time but I'm guessing this JD person is on lupadim's level
You offend me, guy with Spiral on the signature (thats something good). Don't compare my tactics with him plz

BlackSabotage said:
How can you use proportion with something like that? If it was the case, gz for Death note the best anime ever made

What do you mean? I was going by sales in proportion to volumes released. Sounds reasonable to me.
Feb 20, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2012
BlackSabotage said:
lupadim said:
renders said:
I haven't been on this forum in a long time but I'm guessing this JD person is on lupadim's level
You offend me, guy with Spiral on the signature (thats something good). Don't compare my tactics with him plz

BlackSabotage said:
How can you use proportion with something like that? If it was the case, gz for Death note the best anime ever made

What do you mean? I was going by sales in proportion to volumes released. Sounds reasonable to me.
It doesn't, really. You can't compare quality with proportion. How many people would watch OP from episode 1 to 650? If One Piece had only 25 episodes, way more people would watch it.
Feb 20, 2014 4:45 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
BlackSabotage said:
Everything impacts sales, it's useless to mention it. Amount of volumes, when it came out, if it has an anime, how good is the anime, chance, population, what other manga started near it, demographic, characters, the story, what magazine it was in, etc, etc, etc.

And I think One Piece in it's prime might sell more than DBZ in it's prime. Of course I can't prove that because you can just talk about world population to try and downsize it.
I'm just saying a lot of people act like One Piece is the most popular anime of all time because its the most successful but I don't think that's necessarily true. Its certainly the most popular that's still ongoing but I don't think its the most popular of all time as many here claim it is.
Feb 20, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
BlackSabotage said:
As far as manga and anime go it seems to be pretty damn popular in western areas of the world I mean I doubt you'd have any trouble finding One Piece fanatics online.

I didn't say it wasn't popular, I said it isn't the most popular anything outside of Japan.

SetsukoHara said:

Japan is by far the biggest market, and One Piece is by far the most popular in this market. So because of that, obvioulsy it's going to be the most popular in the world. Or are you implying that Japanes count less. They have small penis, yes, but that doesn't mean they are lesser humans.

First of all was the racial joke really necessary? so tasteless and trite.

What kind of logic is that? so other countries don't count? one piece have 270 million in Japan alone, meaning that it didn't even sell more than 30 outside of Japan. How does that make it the most popular when DB and Naruto exist?
Feb 20, 2014 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
lupadim said:
BlackSabotage said:
lupadim said:
renders said:

BlackSabotage said:

It doesn't, really. You can't compare quality with proportion. How many people would watch OP from episode 1 to 650? If One Piece had only 25 episodes, way more people would watch it.
I was talking about quality I was talking about success.
Feb 20, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2012
BlackSabotage said:

Yeah DB was more successful. It's just not as long as one piece. I imagine one piece sales would have been different if DB was running alongside it.
Feb 20, 2014 4:49 PM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
BlackSabotage said:

I didn't say it wasn't popular, I said it isn't the most popular anything outside of Japan.

SetsukoHara said:

What kind of logic is that? so other countries don't count? one piece have 270 million in Japan alone, meaning that it didn't even sell more than 30 outside of Japan. How does that make it the most popular when DB and Naruto exist?
Can you link me to where your getting these statistics? Not being a smart ass I actually wanna know.
Feb 20, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2012
BlackSabotage said:
lupadim said:
BlackSabotage said:
lupadim said:
renders said:

BlackSabotage said:

Contradictions at their best.

Fine, let's talk about success as well, tell me who is the #1 manga seller at Japan
Feb 20, 2014 4:51 PM

Dec 2012
RedRoseFring said:
Nowadays, the question is why is Bleach a part of the big 3? Once the anime finished, it dwindled in every way possible.

Actually Bleach has better ratings than Naruto and one piece in Tonami. Make of that what you will.
Feb 20, 2014 4:51 PM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
BlackSabotage said:

Yeah DB was more successful. It's just not as long as one piece. I imagine one piece sales would have been different if DB was running alongside it.
I also think Astroboy may have been just as if not more successful if you look at it this way, especially taking into account its age.
Feb 20, 2014 4:52 PM

Nov 2010
BlackSabotage said:
IntroverTurtle said:
BlackSabotage said:
Everything impacts sales, it's useless to mention it. Amount of volumes, when it came out, if it has an anime, how good is the anime, chance, population, what other manga started near it, demographic, characters, the story, what magazine it was in, etc, etc, etc.

I'm just saying a lot of people act like One Piece is the most popular anime of all time because its the most successful but I don't think that's necessarily true. Its certainly the most popular that's still ongoing but I don't think its the most popular of all time as many here claim it is.
Yet you don't have any proof of that, all we have are the current sales. And Dragonball's current sales are also from when it's been finished, the anime and such didn't get popular in in the west(which is where DB gets almost half it's sales) until the late 90s yes?

tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

One Piece sold 300 million in Japan and 50 million outside of Japan.
Feb 20, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2011
lupadim said:
BlackSabotage said:
lupadim said:
BlackSabotage said:
lupadim said:
renders said:

BlackSabotage said:

Contradictions at their best.

Fine, let's talk about success as well, tell me who is the #1 manga seller at Japan

Sorry I meant to say I was NOT talking bout quality just success and popularity.
Feb 20, 2014 4:54 PM

Aug 2012
BlackSabotage said:
Sorry I meant to say I was NOT talking bout quality just success and popularity.
Then you agree with me that One Piece is extremely popular? It is the #1 seller at Japan. It deserves to be at the big 3.
Feb 20, 2014 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
BlackSabotage said:
IntroverTurtle said:
BlackSabotage said:

Yet you don't have any proof of that, all we have are the current sales. And Dragonball's current sales are also from when it's been finished, the anime and such didn't get popular in in the west(which is where DB gets almost half it's sales) until the late 90s yes?

tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

One Piece sold 300 million in Japan and 50 million outside of Japan.
Did the Dragon Ball manga actually sell that well in the west? I figured One Piece would have sold much better in the west considering all the One Piece fanatics.
Feb 20, 2014 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
BlackSabotage said:

SetsukoHara said:

What kind of logic is that? so other countries don't count? one piece have 270 million in Japan alone, meaning that it didn't even sell more than 30 outside of Japan. How does that make it the most popular when DB and Naruto exist?[/quote

Don't waste your time on him. No matter what u say, it will not connect with this dude. He's blinded by his love for one piece.
Feb 20, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:

The racial joke wasn't necessary, no, but I felt like doing it. Because, who cares about the nationality of the buyers? It's your logic that is flawed. What's the point of being the most succesful if it's in an insignificant market.
Feb 20, 2014 4:57 PM

Nov 2011
lupadim said:
BlackSabotage said:
Then you agree with me that One Piece is extremely popular? It is the #1 seller at Japan. It deserves to be at the big 3.
Oh yeah I agree its popular and extremely successful. Easily the biggest manga in Japan at this time. I was simply suggesting that Dragon Ball and Astro boy were perhaps bigger in their time.
Feb 20, 2014 4:57 PM

Nov 2010
BlackSabotage said:
Did the Dragon Ball manga actually sell that well in the west? I figured One Piece would have sold much better in the west considering all the One Piece fanatics.
Yes I believe it's only sold about 145 million volumes in Japan and worldwide it's sold 230 million. So a little less than 100 million. One Piece in comparison has sold 50 million outside of Japan and 300 million in Japan. Dragonball has had much more coverage in the west.
Feb 20, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
Don't waste your time on him. No matter what u say, it will not connect with this dude. He's blinded by his love for one piece.
You are pissing me off right now. In first place, look at your avatar pic. You probably want to remove OP from the Big 3 and throw HxH inside. And the new big 3 will be Bleach, Fairy Tail and HxH (the three anime that SHOULDN'T BE at the big 3). Pfft, the irony.

Secondly:
Crunchyroll said:
As expected, Eiichiro Oda's One Piece took the first place in the manga sales ranking again selling 18,151,599 copies in total. The manga has taken the top spot in 5 years in a row since 2009. It had 300 million copies in print with the 72nd volume which was released in Japan on November 1.

And that is the JAPAN sales. They sold a LOT outside as well, definitely more than 50 millions. Now look at your pesky Bleach sales. Hahah. Look at HxH sales. Oh boy!

Oct 2013
You know what I realize. Most people are talking about one piece manga. Why no love for the anime? I know, since it's really not that good outside of Japan.

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
BlackSabotage said:
Yes I believe it's only sold about 145 million volumes in Japan and worldwide it's sold 230 million. So a little less than 100 million. One Piece in comparison has sold 50 million outside of Japan and 300 million in Japan. Dragonball has had much more coverage in the west.
Ahh did not know that. But again which sold more in proportion to volumes released?
Feb 20, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
You know what I realize. Most people are talking about one piece manga. Why no love for the anime? I know, since it's really not that good outside of Japan.
We are going to talk about One Piece's strong point obviously, which is the plot/story and the characters. They are better in the manga (the anime has too much fanservice and stretching). Not a big deal, stop running away from the fact OP > Your favorites and that OP will always be at the big 3

I mean
http://prntscr.com/2ud91g

OP, do you have anything else to complain about One Piece being in the big 3?
Feb 20, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
I think cause its harder to measure the success of an anime where with manga you can go by sales of volumes.
Feb 20, 2014 5:01 PM

Sep 2012
keragamming said:

We're talking about figures, and I provided lots of them to you, while you provided nothing, so who is blind between the two of us?

Don't worry, this time, you don't have to answer.
Feb 20, 2014 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
lupadim said:
keragamming said:
You are pissing me off right now. In first place, look at your avatar pic. You probably want to remove OP from the Big 3 and throw HxH inside. And the new big 3 will be Bleach, Fairy Tail and HxH (the three anime that SHOULDN'T BE at the big 3). Pfft, the irony.

Nah, If u look at myanimelist u would know I like one piece. I'm just questioning its popularity outside of Japan, compare to dbz, naruto, and bleach. I wanted to know the reason, since the anime is not all that popular outside of Japan, even the manga as well.
Feb 20, 2014 5:02 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
RedRoseFring said:

Actually Bleach has better ratings than Naruto and one piece in Tonami. Make of that what you will.

It's done. Simple as that.
Many people are more willing to watch a series they know is over rather than one that is ongoing with more episodes.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 20, 2014 5:03 PM

Nov 2010
BlackSabotage said:
IntroverTurtle said:
BlackSabotage said:
Ahh did not know that. But again which sold more in proportion to volumes released?
That's something you might want to check when they're both on equal grounds. So both finished and give One Piece an extra 20 years to gain sales or find out their sales from when both were at the same amount of volumes. Right now I believe One Piece might be making more per volume than DB ever did.
Feb 20, 2014 5:04 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
lupadim said:
keragamming said:

Secondly:
Crunchyroll said:
As expected, Eiichiro Oda's One Piece took the first place in the manga sales ranking again selling 18,151,599 copies in total. The manga has taken the top spot in 5 years in a row since 2009. It had 300 million copies in print with the 72nd volume which was released in Japan on November 1.

And that is the JAPAN sales. They sold a LOT outside as well, definitely more than 50 millions. Now look at your pesky Bleach sales. Hahah. Look at HxH sales. Oh boy!

Nah, If u look at myanimelist u would know I like one piece. I'm just questioning its popularity outside of Japan, compare to dbz, naruto, and bleach. I wanted to know the reason, since the anime is not all that popular outside of Japan, even the manga as well.
I just checked a streaming website here in Brazil. It is not famous, actually most people here use others, but this one has over 300k views for recent OP episodes. If Brazil's streaming has that much popularity for the ANIME, I think you can imagine how popular OP is
Feb 20, 2014 5:04 PM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:

The racial joke wasn't necessary, no, but I felt like doing it. Because, who cares about the nationality of the buyers? It's your logic that is flawed. What's the point of being the most succesful if it's in an insignificant market.

Looks like you are trying to change the subject. I was arguing about the popularity, I didn't comment on whether the popularity outside of Japan is important or not, since obviously it's way more significant in Japan.

BlackSabotage said:
Can you link me to where your getting these statistics? Not being a smart ass I actually wanna know.

Well I only have statics that prove Naruto is more popular than one piece from a thread way back. I think Bleach is also more popular than one piece.

Feb 20, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
lupadim said:
keragamming said:

Again, US =/= world.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 20, 2014 5:05 PM

Sep 2012
Also, the Dragon Ball manga came out years before the One Piece. So while you say it's unfair to compare Dragon Ball to One Piece, because One Piece have more volumes, I can say it's unfair to compare the 42 first volumes of One Piece to the 42 volumes of Dragon Ball, because they weren't released at the same time.
Feb 20, 2014 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
lupadim said:
keragamming said:
We are going to talk about One Piece's strong point obviously, which is the plot/story and the characters. They are better in the manga (the anime has too much fanservice and stretching). Not a big deal, stop running away from the fact OP > Your favorites and that OP will always be at the big 3

I mean

So u admit that the anime is not popular outside of Japan then?
Feb 20, 2014 5:07 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
lupadim said:
keragamming said:

I mean

So u admit that the anime is not popular outside of Japan then?
I was going to say you are a troll but that would be self modding. Still, I even posted that:
lupadim said:
]I just checked a streaming website here in Brazil. It is not famous, actually most people here use others, but this one has over 300k views for recent OP episodes. If Brazil's streaming has that much popularity for the ANIME, I think you can imagine how popular OP is

How can you say I admit that? Seriously
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

48 by PrimeX »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 698 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jun 20, 2015

73 by GT1Studios »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you prefer that One Piece to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

KingSunWukong - Sep 25

20 by Cielord »»
8 hours ago

» Generation xerox

28012001 - 9 hours ago

0 by 28012001 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1098 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 23

48 by Atlas77 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.