Pages (95) « First ... « 83 84 [85] 86 87 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2013 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, thanks for advice... (irony)
Nov 9, 2013 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
I'm sorry, but I can't give you any advice, as I'm not really good at making them myself OTL. I can give feedback on graphics in general though :(
Nov 9, 2013 4:26 PM

Jun 2009
lupadim said:
The best way to do it is to just start with something you love and try to design it. I love making profiles but when I started I just looked at a lot of peoples for inspiration. Then crafted my own style. Most importantly is to make something you love. The profile I recently re-uploaded is my favorite. I just love it~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Nov 10, 2013 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
Suzune-chan said:
lupadim said:
The best way to do it is to just start with something you love and try to design it. I love making profiles but when I started I just looked at a lot of peoples for inspiration. Then crafted my own style. Most importantly is to make something you love. The profile I recently re-uploaded is my favorite. I just love it~
I don't mean that. I mean, what software do everyone use? How can some people create buttons inside the images?
Nov 10, 2013 11:59 AM

Dec 2009
lupadim said:
I don't mean that. I mean, what software do everyone use? How can some people create buttons inside the images?

Most use photoshop. If you created your layout, you can use the slice tool to slice it up as you want (though there are some restrictions in order for it to work) and puzzle it back together to create links (buttons) inside your layout.

I don't know if that's possible with gimp though, but I'm positive it is.
Nov 10, 2013 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
GIMP can do anything PS can, excluding color modes, but who needs that if it's just for internet graphics?
Nov 10, 2013 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
GIMP can do anything PS can, excluding color modes, but who needs that if it's just for internet graphics?
I tried gimp, personally I think photoshop is easier to manage. Has more functions too.
Nov 10, 2013 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:
I tried gimp, personally I think photoshop is easier to manage. Has more functions too.

Agreed.
Nov 10, 2013 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
SquChan said:
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:

Agreed.

Depends on the program you start with. I find GIMP is easier for beginners. As for functions, GIMP has many alternatives and is open source too which means there's a lot more features than PS.
Nov 10, 2013 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
mayukachan said:
Depends on the program you start with. I find GIMP is easier for beginners. As for functions, GIMP has many alternatives and is open source too which means there's a lot more features than PS.

Not really. It rather depends on the user. I for example tried out gimp, but I found it kinda sucked, function-wise and got myself Photoshop instead. It was hard too, but it was a lot easier to learn for me. I found many people here use photoshop, so I guess they are the same, but there are still others who prefer gimp cause they can work with it better or never tried photoshop, which is both completely okay. I don't think it can be decided whether photoshop or gimp is better in any way. One just has to try out for themselves.

And about the features. I doubt that anyone even uses 50% of all possible features of both programs, cause I know at least of photoshop has countless, so it really only matters to real pro designers who use the last bit of what a designing program has to offer. And I'm sure none of us is a pro in any way.
Nov 10, 2013 2:32 PM

Aug 2012
SquChan said:
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:

Agreed.
And where can I find tutorials that are effective for that kind of thing? (creating layouts/IG)

All I am finding is crappy tutorials that are very limited (how to create a light source, etc)
Nov 10, 2013 2:47 PM

Dec 2009
lupadim said:
And where can I find tutorials that are effective for that kind of thing? (creating layouts/IG)

All I am finding is crappy tutorials that are very limited (how to create a light source, etc)

I don't think there are any tutorials about how to make MAL layouts. I think you should look in the best profile design threads and pick out some people with good layouts and simply ask them to give you some tips. Or just look at their layouts and try it out yourself.

That's the best advice I can give you.
Nov 11, 2013 12:48 PM

Mar 2013
i've always tried to make a graphic layout for my profile but i could never make them exactly as i wanted so i always trashed them,One day i might just make one and NOT trash it lol.So temporarily till that day comes i edited my profile as it is now.

Any Constructive crits, or advice on what i can add and such?

(i do have more to add to each of my tabs though)

Much appreciated :)
Nov 11, 2013 4:38 PM

May 2013
lupadim said:
SquChan said:
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:

Agreed.

Pretty much self taught myself.

Play around with the program, and get used to it.. that's how I got started.
Nov 12, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
I am still clueless about creating a profile design. I got photoshop but no idea how to use it (tried to play around with it, accomplished absolutely nothing)

I will never be a designer. I've been trying to render Firo (my avatar character) it has been like 2 hours and no results
lupadimNov 12, 2013 10:35 AM
Nov 12, 2013 12:03 PM

Dec 2009
lupadim said:
I am still clueless about creating a profile design. I got photoshop but no idea how to use it (tried to play around with it, accomplished absolutely nothing)

I will never be a designer. I've been trying to render Firo (my avatar character) it has been like 2 hours and no results

Then try harder and stop saying things like "I will never be a designer'. If you really want to do this, then you can someday, if you keep it up and practice.

If not, well then just stop and leave it to the people who can do it.
Nov 12, 2013 12:10 PM

May 2013
lupadim said:

Check on YouTube.
Nov 12, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
busydude said:
lupadim said:

Check on YouTube.

Also, DA(deviantart) and google some tutorials that are in the form of blog posts.
Nov 13, 2013 7:11 AM

Aug 2012
The problem is, I don't know WHAT to search for. Everytime I search for photoshop tutorials, all I find is things like "How to type with a cool fire texture", or things like that. I wanna learn how to create a MAL profile.
Nov 13, 2013 7:12 AM

Dec 2009
Seems like someone ignored my post completely. lol
Nov 13, 2013 9:02 AM

Aug 2012
This is what I got so far: http://prntscr.com/23w9ae
What else could I add to make it better? Hmm.

Edit: OK, I updated my profile :3
lupadimNov 13, 2013 9:23 AM
Nov 13, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2013
lupadim said:

Make width 650 to 690 pixels?
Add more stuff?
Nov 13, 2013 12:05 PM

Aug 2012
busydude said:
lupadim said:

Add more stuff?

Me: What else could I add?
Busydude: add more stuff

Wow.
Nov 13, 2013 12:12 PM

May 2013
lupadim said:
busydude said:
lupadim said:

Add more stuff?

Wow.

Well what kind of theme is it? Be more specific?
Add a little bio, your favorite characters, anime.. etc?
Nov 13, 2013 12:23 PM

Aug 2012
busydude said:
lupadim said:
busydude said:
lupadim said:

Add more stuff?

Wow.

Well what kind of theme is it? Be more specific?
Add a little bio, your favorite characters, anime.. etc?
Too lazy for that. I improved it, check my profile to see how it is.

Its like 1000x better than the screenshot
Nov 13, 2013 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
Gave it a shot... any feedback would be nice ^-^/

I usually worked with transparent sigs in a different forum, but I hope to improve on making solid graphics...(is that what you call them?)

Edit: oh, how do you add links? like for my navigation page... i added that, but i actually have no idea how to link them...
Nov 13, 2013 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
Shuryukan said:

I usually worked with transparent sigs in a different forum, but I hope to improve on making solid graphics...(is that what you call them?)

Edit: oh, how do you add links? like for my navigation page... i added that, but i actually have no idea how to link them...
where did you learnt to do all that omfg wtf .
Nov 13, 2013 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
where did you learnt to do all that omfg wtf .
uhh.. well I've been doing photoshop for a few years o.o I also took graphics classes in my high school years.

I usually work with transparent designs, so I'm still new at this. you just have to practice ^-^
Nov 13, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2013
Shuryukan said:

Can't believe it's your first profile layout
It looks really nice :o
Nov 13, 2013 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
Misfy said:
i've always tried to make a graphic layout for my profile but i could never make them exactly as i wanted so i always trashed them,One day i might just make one and NOT trash it lol.So temporarily till that day comes i edited my profile as it is now.

Could i get any feedback yet :p
Nov 14, 2013 1:06 AM

Aug 2012
Misfy said:
Misfy said:

I can't read the thing, it is way too hard to read.
Nov 14, 2013 8:28 AM

Mar 2013
lupadim said:
Misfy said:
Misfy said:

Alright, well that was meant to be changed.Was gonna leave it till i fully decide to make a real layout.But other then that, anything else?
Nov 14, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2013
Misfy said:
lupadim said:
Misfy said:
Misfy said:

Alright, well that was meant to be changed.Was gonna leave it till i fully decide to make a real layout.But other then that, anything else?

More pictures? :o
Nov 16, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
I added stuff to mine...still don't know how to add links tho : (
Nov 16, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
Shuryukan said:

Separate the images into smaller blocks and then, upload separately. After, paste the codes right after one another.
As for yours, it'd be
- Header
- About Me/Nav section split into four rows (Yes, combine the about me and nav)
- Everything below that
Nov 16, 2013 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
Shuryukan said:

Separate the images into smaller blocks and then, upload separately. After, paste the codes right after one another.
As for yours, it'd be
- Header
- Everything below that
I probably won't be able to add links to this one then since that same row I was going to do a gif ><

But thank you!
Nov 16, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:
Shuryukan said:

As for yours, it'd be
- Header
- Everything below that
I probably won't be able to add links to this one then since that same row I was going to do a gif ><

But thank you!

You can still link gifs, you know.
No problem!
Nov 26, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2013
really hoping someone can give me feedback on this one, but this thread is never very active.

Here goes nothing
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x90/drdoom1337/VEGETAPROFILE-1.png~original
Dec 1, 2013 6:57 AM

Jul 2011
jondoom said:
really hoping someone can give me feedback on this one, but this thread is never very active.

Here goes nothing
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x90/drdoom1337/VEGETAPROFILE-1.png~original

It looks ok, but I don't like the Blue and it all looks a bit confused :/

I also updated my design so I would be happy to get some feedback ;)
Dec 3, 2013 1:22 PM

May 2013
BigJk said:

It's simple, nice design
Dec 3, 2013 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
busydude said:
BigJk said:

It's simple, nice design

Great colors, good font selection, favourite characters section could be improved by doing 4 x 2 instead of 4 on top row, 2 on bottom row.
Dec 4, 2013 12:35 PM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
Suou-kun said:
....finally done with my layout, it's my first one, so I didn't expect all feedbacks will be postive (*´∀`*) any tips would be nice like if there's something's wrong with it etc....
shuddup! where it's not perfect??? IT IS PERFECT NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT! _(:3 」∠ )_ i don't think i can give you any other tips...

maybe only you could try to add bokeh textures to it? i think your profile might look good with them but that's not necessary, it's a suggestion if you don't have anything better to do
Dec 4, 2013 4:53 PM

May 2013
Suou-kun said:
....finally done with my layout, it's my first one, so I didn't expect all feedbacks will be postive (*´∀`*) any tips would be nice like if there's something's wrong with it etc....

First one!? o_o
It looks really good
It's way better than mine.. and I've tried a lot of times ._.
Dec 4, 2013 5:23 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
*Flips desk*
Spent like forever on mine.
AND THEN I LOOK AT LIKE EVERYONE ABOVE
and
I hate you all.
not really hate.. envy
I feel
envy.
Where do you get the original background images?
Dec 5, 2013 12:56 AM
May 2009
tobio said:
shuddup! where it's not perfect??? IT IS PERFECT NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT! _(:3 」∠ )_ i don't think i can give you any other tips...

maybe only you could try to add bokeh textures to it? i think your profile might look good with them but that's not necessary, it's a suggestion if you don't have anything better to do

B-but on which part of the layout should I put the bokeh textures? (・ε・` )
hyungseokDec 5, 2013 2:15 PM
ありがとう♪
ここだけ アニメとマンガアップデート
Dec 5, 2013 9:59 PM

Apr 2013
Zelot said:
*Flips desk*
Spent like forever on mine.
AND THEN I LOOK AT LIKE EVERYONE ABOVE
and
I hate you all.
not really hate.. envy
I feel
envy.
Where do you get the original background images?

Don't be upset. I'm older than most of the people on here and have a different idea of what looks cool so they never like my designs. As long as you like it who cares. You can make your own background images. I don't like the GIMP program. I use photoshop and corel. You can download free brushes on the internet and do anything you like with them.
Dec 6, 2013 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
zoknimano said:
jondoom said:
I'm older than most of the people on here and have a different idea of what looks cool so they never like my designs.
Yeah... Colour combination, use of fitting fonts, etc. isn't really an age thing, sorry.

And you aren't even that old.

Guess you haven't looked at a colour wheel in your life. Orange is the opposite of light blue. That's why I used it.
Dec 6, 2013 4:37 PM

Jan 2013
hello o/

i made a new design, would like some feedback OTL
Dec 7, 2013 8:18 AM

Jan 2013
zoknimano said:
^It looks neat, gives off a lovely, fluffy feeling. Well done, keep it up!

yay, thanks :3
i also really like your profile ^-^/

oh, also ty mayukachan for the instructions on how to split images and link :3 really helped a lot on this design
Dec 7, 2013 9:05 PM

Apr 2013
I made a new one, but I can't put it up until the December contest is done
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x90/drdoom1337/natsuerzaprofilepsd.png~original
Pages (95) « First ... « 83 84 [85] 86 87 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

387 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» My Top 10 hololive VTuber Original Musics

mufarari - Yesterday

0 by mufarari »»
Yesterday, 11:36 AM

» [OC Trend] Show your OC!

mufarari - Yesterday

0 by mufarari »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

» My Tampermonkey Scripts ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

hacker09 - Jul 2, 2020

302 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 10:35 AM

» Kitsune for MyAnimeList, a new client for MAL for iOS.

alexMadeira - Feb 21

10 by alexMadeira »»
Jun 18, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.