Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2013 6:05 PM
Sep 2013
i think there will be a season 3 because the plot has a long way to go also they left it at a cliff hanger because of kaos brigade a new organisation thats has the white dragon vali and son goku as well as the immortal dragon.

i believe there is going to be a season 3 coz everyone likes the anime also the selling results will be proftable
Sep 27, 2013 8:28 PM

Apr 2013
Still have to wait for the blu-ray and OVA or maybe Volume-16 that is to be released
but still...
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Sep 27, 2013 8:45 PM

Mar 2008
SEASON 3 !!!!
LET'S GO , OPPAI!
Sep 27, 2013 8:53 PM

Jul 2013
January is probably when the next season is going to come out. The end of Season 2 of Highschool DxD heavily implies that there will be, indeed a Season 3 so we can all look forward to that. :)
Sep 28, 2013 1:36 AM
May 2013
fear80 said:
Still have to wait for the blu-ray and OVA or maybe Volume-16 that is to be released
but still...

or
Sep 29, 2013 11:11 AM
Sep 2013
it's unthinkable to not be made a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc... (as many as needed to tell the full story) for someone who's read all the light novel volumes, like I did

I can insure all who haven't read it yet that the story will only get better and much more intense
it's only rational for them to continue because the first 2 seasons had a good response from the fans even though the story only really gets started after the events at the end of the second season

when I was reading the novels I would thoutht to myself how good it would be to whatch those fights in anime form and I really can't wait for the next season and the next light novel (volume 16)

other option would be doing something similar to the "Break Blade" movies where each movie is centered in a arc or half of an arc because the light novels have very distinctive arcs, but I still think that HighSchool DxD has enough content to do a full season (if I'm not mistaken a full season is made of 23 episodes like Naruto, Bleach, etc...) if they don't change things that hapened in the light novels that happened differently on the 2 seasons so far

(sorry for my weak english but it isn't my first language)
Sep 29, 2013 11:20 AM

Jun 2012
Does anyone know exactly how popular DxD is right now in Japan? I can be reassured of a 3rd season if it is very popular.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Sep 30, 2013 8:04 AM
Sep 2013
TonyC1994 said:
Does anyone know exactly how popular DxD is right now in Japan? I can be reassured of a 3rd season if it is very popular.

here's some information that might answer to your question
"According to Oricon, High School DxD was the sixth top-selling light novel series in Japan for 2012, selling a total of 654,224 units"

there's also this
[url]http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012/01/19/funimation-entertainment-acquires-high-school-dxd/[/url]

I guess that when some company makes an big investiment like this it's because the have confidence in the series popularity

there's also other aspect that we need to consider with this type of works (echi manga/novels), I remeber reading in "Bakuman" that the popularity of ecchi series are always higher than the results they have in polls because the japanese mentality keeps most of readers to admit they read and like series like this
other aspect is that there's also the case when the parents are the ones who send the surveys their kids write and that makes them too embarrassed to write the name of a series like "Highschool DxD" because their parents would read the surveys before sending

in "Bakuman" they mentioned that this happened with "To Love-Ru" and we all know it's a popular series and they even made a sequel to the original manga
Sep 30, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2012
armando30 said:
TonyC1994 said:

here's some information that might answer to your question
"According to Oricon, High School DxD was the sixth top-selling light novel series in Japan for 2012, selling a total of 654,224 units"

there's also this
[url]http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012/01/19/funimation-entertainment-acquires-high-school-dxd/[/url]

I guess that when some company makes an big investiment like this it's because the have confidence in the series popularity

there's also other aspect that we need to consider with this type of works (echi manga/novels), I remeber reading in "Bakuman" that the popularity of ecchi series are always higher than the results they have in polls because the japanese mentality keeps most of readers to admit they read and like series like this
other aspect is that there's also the case when the parents are the ones who send the surveys their kids write and that makes them too embarrassed to write the name of a series like "Highschool DxD" because their parents would read the surveys before sending

in "Bakuman" they mentioned that this happened with "To Love-Ru" and we all know it's a popular series and they even made a sequel to the original manga

Sweet, as long as its in the top and can be a cash cow, I don't mind. Just like Bakemonogatari.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Oct 1, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
It seems the first volume sold pretty well (almost the same as the first season).
Hopefully this ensures a third season sooner than later.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 1, 2013 6:40 PM
Sep 2013
geralt said:
It seems the first volume sold pretty well (almost the same as the first season).
Hopefully this ensures a third season sooner than later.

I don't know about the first volume but for what they did with the last it might mean they are confident enough with the Light novels popularity
the last volume (15) is completely made of short stories and is a sort of break before the most intense part of the new arc
stoping the main story to add some short stories makes the fans a little disapointed because they want to know how the story wil develop (like how Naruto and Bleach fans really hate the fillers in the anime) but if they still can take the chance to do it must mean they aren't afraid of losing they profit
Oct 2, 2013 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
Now, it gets more intresting because issei got the vanishing dragon power, and all the girls move to issei house :P Can't wait for season 3!
Oct 2, 2013 5:03 AM

Sep 2013
Kinda embarassing to post my first post on Highschool DxD, lol. Anyways, my dream would be 3 more seasons as having read the light novels not counting #15, LN #10 is where the plot gets actually somewhat good. Well, not that good but I got same kind of energy from its fight as from TTGL fights. It's pretty DARN EPIC.

Not that its plot isn't pretty good for an ecchi show already. But oppai is what this is about anyways.
Oct 4, 2013 10:00 AM
Sep 2013
cupc said:
my dream would be 3 more seasons as having read the light novels not counting #15, LN #10 is where the plot gets actually somewhat good

I've also read all LN volumes and I think there's at least material for more 4 or 5 seasons because at least ne of the arcs should/could be devided in two seasons, of course I won't tell wich because I don't want to spoil for those who haven't read the LN

but I agree with you that around volume 10 there's a clear improve in the plot and makes you keep watching/reading the story, there's also some bad parts that already happen with the early volumes, like no one ever telling the important things to Issei but I understand that it's needed to be that way so that the author can explain those things when the readers need to know them and not revealing those things too early because some readers would just forget about them and be confused

other than that it's just the normal of every great Light Novels:
-exciting parts
-touching parts
-cliffhangers
-etc

but with content/plo that keeps improving from volume to volume

P.S: I said at least 4 or 5 new seasons but that only counts until the 14th volume when a new arc starts, after that I think it would be possible to do 2 or 3 more seasons
the other option would be to make a series of movies (like "Break Blade") that focus on each arc
Oct 5, 2013 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
I would certainly want an Oct 2014 debut of S3, but following the same timetable, it seems Jan2015 is more likely. That's not to say we won't get one or two OVAs (episode 13 and 14 of S2) before then though. That will have to tie me over in the meantime. I'm totally stoked for S3 though, with the first appearances of Kuroka and Rossweisse probable (according to the LN anyway). And i'm looking forward to more Koneko and Akeno development (with Issei) as well.
Oct 8, 2013 4:11 PM
Jul 2013
Did they already start developement yet? anyone know?
Oct 9, 2013 9:21 PM
Oct 2013
curzon17 said:
I would certainly want an Oct 2014 debut of S3, but following the same timetable, it seems Jan2015 is more likely. That's not to say we won't get one or two OVAs (episode 13 and 14 of S2) before then though. That will have to tie me over in the meantime. I'm totally stoked for S3 though, with the first appearances of Kuroka and Rossweisse probable (according to the LN anyway). And i'm looking forward to more Koneko and Akeno development (with Issei) as well.

I really can't wait for the anime to get to volume 6+ things like True queen and truth Idea accuring. This books is a lot more than a harem / ecchi, Great action good story. Let the OPPAI DRAGON LIVE ON
Oct 11, 2013 7:10 AM

Jul 2013
DarkPixelz said:
curzon17 said:

I really can't wait for the anime to get to volume 6+ things like True queen and truth Idea accuring. This books is a lot more than a harem / ecchi, Great action good story. Let the OPPAI DRAGON LIVE ON

I thought it was interesting that short little scene later on when he begins 'healing' his heart. Actually for once explains a harem MC being oblivious to everything and after that he was better at that stuff.
Oct 11, 2013 3:59 PM

Nov 2009
SarahIlayda said:
I hope they made the show 24 ep per season. 12 is not enough :( But I guess October 2014. January 2015, I dont think so.

the animation can improve significantly though if they adapt and concentrate only on 1-cour in my opinion

1-cour should be good enough to keep it's quality, and also don't break the OCD XD
Oct 13, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
The sooner the better, but realistically I hope there third season in summer

Greetings
To aru majutsu no index and To aru kagaku no railgun Lover
Oct 16, 2013 8:09 AM
Oct 2013
Season 3 is already being made. Check their website: http://highschooldxd.net/
On the right side it says:"HIGHSCHOOL DXD ANIME". You can see it states Season 3.

- Season 3 officially confirmed. When, we might not know. But it will come.
Oct 16, 2013 8:31 AM

Dec 2012
I believe the official site is Haremking, so your statement is false.
Oct 16, 2013 10:44 AM
Oct 2013
Remedy_S said:
I believe the official site is Haremking, so your statement is false.
Atleast they have an awesome ending on which they can go on in season 3. It would be stupid if it just stopped there without stopping Vali and the rebels.
Oct 16, 2013 9:00 PM
Oct 2013
Would be nice if they animated the entire series but who know's if their good sales will hold up
Oct 17, 2013 3:37 PM
Oct 2013
so far the best anime that i have ever watched and now become a true fan i cant get enough.....

a bit selfish but more more more more PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Oct 18, 2013 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
The good news is that Yen press has licensed the manga, I can not wait to start buying :D
To aru majutsu no index and To aru kagaku no railgun Lover
Oct 18, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2013
zackner said:
The good news is that Yen press has licensed the manga, I can not wait to start buying :D

That is awesome news! I just wish they would also get the Light Novels.
Oct 18, 2013 7:47 PM

Mar 2012
Aerensianic said:
zackner said:

If they have LN then BT must suspend their translating project which is shame. Catching up to 15 volume (16 volume as of today) will take a long time.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 18, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Aerensianic said:
zackner said:

If they have LN then BT must suspend their translating project which is shame. Catching up to 15 volume (16 volume as of today) will take a long time.

Oh shit 16 came out today? Sweet. I powered through the 1st 15 last week.
Oct 19, 2013 12:36 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah there is 16, but not translated so we will need to wait for a while.
Oct 20, 2013 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
I've just read spoilers for volume 16 and man what an absolutely OP volume. Not a lot of ecchi but there are fights, fights and more fights. Also some pretty big reveals. The power balance is going crazy. It's one intense volume.
Oct 26, 2013 1:20 PM

Jan 2012
Hopefully A.S.A.P. I want to watch more ......

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 26, 2013 1:23 PM
Aug 2013
Think it will be october
Oct 27, 2013 3:40 AM
Oct 2013
Can you release it earlyer? let say march 2014?
Oct 29, 2013 12:24 PM

Oct 2013
sex_with_y0u said:
Can you release it earlyer? let say march 2014?

I don't think you can just "release it earlier" as we can't tell the animators to work double-time, just because "we want it earlier"
Oct 29, 2013 9:47 PM
Oct 2013
Well actually it depends on sale. But currently the sales over in Japan is super good, so most probably season 3 will be released a bit earlier due to the high demands by people. I have a feeling that this anime will have more season and will cover all the volumes in the light novel :D
Oct 29, 2013 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
I'm hoping for one but I should not set my hopes high... anyway if there will be one, I hope they focus more on the plot and romance..not saying they should remove the ecchi and fanservice though.
Oct 29, 2013 10:12 PM
Aug 2013
I agree with those who say that DXD will have more seasons. Season 3 will mostly likely bring more profits than season 1 and 2 combined. I have only read up to volume 5 but apparently volume is a the best one. Lets push for season 3 in October 2014.
Oct 29, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2009
My point of view is the season 3 will be 12/13 episode covering volume 5 and 6 and maybe some filler of volume 8.

volume 7 and 9 seems hard to adapt in season. The format that suit it the best are 40min OAV or movie.

then season 4 can cover volume 10 to 12 with 20+ episode
bruh
Oct 30, 2013 1:34 PM
Aug 2013
I really like your description on how TNK can anime all of the remaining novels you should translate your idea to Japanese and post it on the director and writer's twitter accounts. They not listen but it worth a shot. When you mean 12/13 I am guessing you either 12 or 12 episodes right? To season 3 in 2014 yeah
Oct 30, 2013 2:48 PM
Apr 2013
Does anyone know when Volume 16 of the LN will be translated?
Oct 30, 2013 3:42 PM

Jul 2013
Its being worked on right now.
Nov 1, 2013 2:48 PM

Oct 2013
Hopefully there's more fan-service in season 3. Season 2 was a a minor letdown tbh.
Nov 1, 2013 2:58 PM
Jul 2013
lVlOON said:
Hopefully there's more fan-service in season 3. Season 2 was a a minor letdown tbh.
Yeah it seems that they cut back on some fan-service, they should really learn from kill la kill.
Nov 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Jul 2013
Just wait till the epic combining of fighting with fan service in the LN (actually think it moves into over the top stupidity at one point).
Nov 3, 2013 8:37 PM
Apr 2013
The LN is amazing. Finished reading up until Volume 15 a couple weeks ago. Volume 16 is translated up to "Life.1" and can be read here http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com/highschooldxd/storyarc4/volume16/
Nov 5, 2013 9:10 PM
Sep 2013
the rumored release date that seems to have a higher possibility is October of 2014, I think it's mostly because there ins't that many series announced even for early 2014

because DxD seems to be really popular (top 10 most sold light novels in japan) they can push it a bit so that the studio decides to release the third season sooner than the gap between the first and second seasons, I would like it more if it came during next summer beacause I would have more free time to watch the episodes and really enjoy the story
Nov 8, 2013 6:36 PM

Jun 2013
Hopefully soon and 24 episodes!

Come on Highschool DXD is awesome and popular, make the 3rd season a two cour show!!
Nov 9, 2013 3:24 AM
Nov 2013
HighSchool DxD was like another Anime for me to watch.
After finishing season one I was shocked on how much this Anime moved me so I carried on watching S2, and O.M.G I fell in love with it because its not original like all the other Anime's you can't predict whats gonna happen next and thats what makes it very interesting and good. Also the storyline the regular pervert boy becoming part a war he's never seen and he's progressing with his powers he has now then there are you weird parts like when Akeno likes to "Suck the Dragon power out of Issei's finger" xD but yes I do hope they bring out S3 as fast as they can I love this Anime and hope never to forget about it in the coming years.
Nov 9, 2013 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
48 61 72 6f 6c 64 20 77 61 73 20 68 65 72 65
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by removed-user »»
Jun 10, 10:02 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.