Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 2, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
Not sure why that's surprising. I'm almost 25 and look at least 5+ years younger than Levi. Different people age differently. I always got an "cranky old man" feel from him, hehe.

Now the other guy on the other hand...hahahaha
Aug 3, 2013 1:54 AM

Jul 2007
There are a lot of ppl who look much younger than they are, but in anime usually the characters always look much older than their age - seriously, Jean is 15?? And Reiner also looks way more than 17...

So anyway, if Levi is in his 30s, that's actually really impressive!! As for the other guy, I thought he's in his 40s, and how it's amazing he's still got the agility to be in the front lines.
Aug 3, 2013 3:20 AM

Dec 2012
^ That's why I thought Auruo was rather older than the rest in the Special Squad - his count of solo titan kills is highest. If he is younger, he should be a real rare talent. If he's older, he should be more comparable to experienced soldiers like Erwin and Mike. (Granted, Levi is different from all the rest, regardless his age and perhaps choice of occupation).
Aug 3, 2013 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
Edefrem said:
Lol, and he's aggressively shipped with 15 year olds.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 3, 2013 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
30+, and he is a clean freak

Aug 4, 2013 1:43 PM

Jul 2011
I think his age make him sexier by a mile!!!!
Aug 4, 2013 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
I thought he was in his 30s, but only based off a basketball-esque mentality. Mikasa is 15-17, and since those two are about equal in potential (arguably), I didn't think Levi was below the age of 20. And since the human physique tends to slow down around the age of ~35, which would make fighting titans more difficult, I figured he'd be in his mid to late 20s. 34 is surprising, though. I thought Auruo was around 35 or 40.

Incidentally, I would like to see Dot Pixis in combat...
Aug 4, 2013 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
Hmm... I'm also thinking that Levi is looking more Asian while Auruo is more western looking, and western-looking guys always look old and butterface in anime unless they are the bond-hair blue eyed love interest in romances.
Aug 4, 2013 5:50 PM

May 2011
Kukucell said:
ii just saw this pic

and levi rlly has 34 years old?..weird i saw on his profile and there its like "Age: Unknown (+30)" but. is this official? cuz doesn't look like. I tho he was 19 or smth, now i'm rly curious.

well, appearances can be deceiving and he have a huge experience of how to fight a titan, and he didn't gain experience without fighting with titans countless times so i was sure that he's very old and his age didn't surprise me
and Mikasa is a special case so you can't compere Levi with Mikasa because she's a genius

Ruby13 said:
Of course humanity's strongest soldier wouldn't be a teenager XD

+1
Aug 4, 2013 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
Hold on a second, where is is even coming from?

MEanimaniac1 said:
I don't care......anime age is irrelevant to me. He looks like a teen, therefore he is a teen (to me anyway.)

This is true. If not, en lolis wouldn't be controversial

Why does WVERYONE in this thread automatically believe that Levi's 34? All the op posted was a picture he found.

What, just because its in JP means its valid? Gimme a break...

Mod edit: merged double post
koleareAug 5, 2013 7:20 AM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 4, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Hold on a second, where is is even coming from?
I read somewhere that this was actually false information, but I have no idea if even that is true or not.
Aug 4, 2013 7:44 PM
Jun 2013
Levi is nicknamed by some (really brave) fans as “baby face super short" for a reason XD
Aug 5, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
I bet to your gut this is probably unconfirmed and probably false. Late 20s i believe but mid 30 :U no way! I seen this picture before in some chinese website as well but it's most likely fake than real though :U
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2013 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
If theres no source, don't believe it. Jeez, its amazing how many people actually believed this when it doesn't even look close to official
Aug 21, 2013 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
GodlyKyon said:
If theres no source, don't believe it. Jeez, its amazing how many people actually believed this when it doesn't even look close to official

I second that, lol.

I seriously call bs on this stuff, if the creator of the series said he wants to keep it a secret for a while why does everyone believe random fans?
LivenneAug 23, 2013 11:24 AM
Aug 21, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
Chiinisa said:
GodlyKyon said:

I second that, lol.

I seriously call bs on this stuff, if the creator of the series said she wants to keep it a secret for a while why does everyone believe random fans?
The mangaka is a guy.
Aug 21, 2013 12:00 PM
Jul 2013
Chiinisa said:
GodlyKyon said:

I second that, lol.

I seriously call bs on this stuff, if the creator of the series said she wants to keep it a secret for a while why does everyone believe random fans?

It's a he, not a she.
Aug 21, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Xinception said:
Chiinisa said:
GodlyKyon said:

I second that, lol.

It's a he, not a she.

Point still stands, looks like a lot of the people who read this believed it, and created a huge rumor as a result
Aug 21, 2013 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Xinception said:
Chiinisa said:
GodlyKyon said:

I second that, lol.

It's a he, not a she.

Point still stands, looks like a lot of the people who read this believed it, and created a huge rumor as a result

Point is, Levi is much older than most of the characters, he is said to have a criminal past and then joined the scouting legion, he is at least 5 years older than Eren or Armin for example.
Aug 21, 2013 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
His age just makes him hotter <333333
Aug 21, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
MikasaxEren said:
GodlyKyon said:
Xinception said:
Chiinisa said:
GodlyKyon said:

I second that, lol.

It's a he, not a she.

Point is, Levi is much older than most of the characters, he is said to have a criminal past and then joined the scouting legion, he is at least 5 years older than Eren or Armin for example.

This makes sense, but whats the reason people here beloeved it? A picture of him saying 34 years old. In Japanese.

LOL, that had no official bearing, and thus rendering this to a rumor. Yet ppls stull believed it.

SkaiBlue said:
His age just makes him hotter <333333

Whatever you say.
Aug 23, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Chiinisa said:

I second that, lol.

The mangaka is a guy.

I promise this is a typo ok? :o
Corrected it

I know that he's older and his past proves it, but you can't say what age he is for sure. Even though we know he's older no one can give an exact age except for the creator.
Aug 23, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
What the other guy said; why do you people believe that's his real age? Just wait 'till the autor says it himself.
Aug 23, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2012
^
Now you're the one with the gender mistake, I'm a girl~! xD
(lol am not alone, yay)
LivenneAug 23, 2013 1:34 PM
Aug 24, 2013 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
Don't say things you can't prove
Aug 24, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
I think the real shocker would be Auruo's age, but that's really just in the character design. His age makes more sense when you include the fact that he wasn't involved in a certain mission because he has been in the Scouting Legion for less than 5 years (although that could be irrelevant).

As for Levi's age... don't forget that when he first sees Mikasa and Armin, he refers to them as "brats/children." An immediate recognition of an age difference like that would probably make him at least 10 years older. An honestly, it would make more sense if he were older, since men physically peak in their late 20's/early 30's. Also, if he were young... when would he have had time to develop a reputation with the underworld ^_^? Mafioso toddler? Don't think so.

Realistically, you wouldn't want teenagers who are going through puberty and just growing into their ever-changing bodies anywhere near 3D-Maneuver Gear lol.
Aug 24, 2013 7:38 PM
Feb 2013
No way my shota is that old :(((
Aug 24, 2013 7:43 PM

Mar 2011
idzharbae said:
When was he ever a shota? lmao
Aug 24, 2013 7:48 PM
Feb 2013
Edefrem said:
idzharbae said:
When was he ever a shota? lmao

since i declared him to be when i first time saw him xd
Aug 24, 2013 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
No. NO. I'm not believing it until the creator himself says Levi's real age!
Aug 24, 2013 10:35 PM

Feb 2009
I always figured Levi was between late 20s to early 30s. He's gotta have enough time to be high up in the criminal underworld before joining the Legion, and he looks like he could be in that range. He's a midget manlet so looking a bit youthful despite being older isn't much of a surprise, either. I can't imagine Auruo being that young, though. 19 seems to just be pulled out of someone's ass. I could see him being in his 20s and just looking older than he is, or actually being older and that would just feed into his blatant inferiority complex with Levi.
Aug 24, 2013 11:39 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, no ine even objected until I posted it,

I am justice.
Aug 24, 2013 11:44 PM

Mar 2011
GodlyKyon said:

I am God.
*fixed
Aug 25, 2013 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
GodlyKyon said:

I am justice.

No one objected it because people were thinking of possibilities. Truth to be told, there's no way Levi to be young as Eren and the rest or even 5 years older than them; how old however is an open speculation, with or without trolls. And speculations and theories on Shingeki no Kyojin are nothing short than three-digit count, currently, so this one probably is the most perceptive in a while.

What do you think, how old is Levi.

I say 29.
Aug 25, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
zellami said:
GodlyKyon said:

I am justice.

No one objected it because people were thinking of possibilities. Truth to be told, there's no way Levi to be young as Eren and the rest or even 5 years older than them; how old however is an open speculation, with or without trolls. And speculations and theories on Shingeki no Kyojin are nothing short than three-digit count, currently, so this one probably is the most perceptive in a while.

What do you think, how old is Levi.

I say 29.

I say mid 20s. But the ugly guy who had 50 some odd solo kills happened to be pretty young... S its entirely possible. We have no confirmation though, of course.
Aug 25, 2013 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
Edefrem said:
GodlyKyon said:

I am Levi's D.
*fixed

Double fixed
The Art of Eight
Aug 25, 2013 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
he survived for 5 years on scouting legion and known as the strongest comrade, yet you expect him to be 19? it's more like he's on his late 20 like 28 or 30 perhaps I have no idea, but he's still my favorite. AURUO IS 19? what kind of sorcery is this? he's more like 45 years old to me o____o
Aug 25, 2013 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Levi was around Eren's age tbh. So this is so amusing, but i'd be more shocked if Levi was older than Erwen like wtf. He's 25 at the most lol.
Aug 25, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
I hope Levi really is 34, it will mean that he has lived life and has expierence, that and everyone who thought he was young (humanity bests soldier is 19? Really) will be butthurt.

If he really is 34 and Levi x Eren shippers or Levi x Mikasa shippers got their way. We could create a new shingeki no kyojin show. To catch a predator: kyojin edition

Captain Levi, screen name : Titantoucher69, began talking to our decoy Eren Jaeger aged 15

Levi: I am going to be honest I am attracted to you and would like to make love to you
Decoy: Kool, like for real
Levi: I am a little violent though I will warn you, I might want to cut you, suck on your blood a little.

Levi walks into the sting house "Eren I brought the beer, you in here?"
"Yeah I'm just getting changed, have some of the brownies on the side."
"Eren, you sound different that I expected."
Chris Hansen walks into the room
"Am I different from what you expected?"
"..." Levi's face contorts as Hansen proudly towers over him.
"Take a seat right over here please"
They move across the room, Levi sitting on a stool whilst Chris Hansen stands tall across the table, trusty transcripts in hand.
"Why are you here?"
"I was just here to teach Eren how to fight Titans."
"Oh really? From the transcripts of your conversation I have it seems you had other matters on your mind."
"I was just g g going to drop by and tell Eren that I was not serious in our conversation."
"So why did you bring condoms?" Hansen gestured to the contraceptives on the table nearby, next to be beers Levi had also brought with him.
"Errr I always bring condoms with me."
"So it doesn't have anything to do with your conversation I have here" Hansen gestured to the transcripts "I want you, I want you to take me in your mouth whilst I blank your blank. " who says these kinds of things to a 15 year old boy?"
"He is 15? He said he was 18 through the chat."
"I have the transcripts, he said and I quote "I have just turned 15 and dream of joining the scouting legion someday." You were willing to perform a sex act on a 15 year old boy?"
"I wasn't going to..... I wasn't thinking straight."
" I mean some of the things you sent to this underage boy were extremely graphic, I mean is sending a minor this picture appropriate? Especially from someone in a high position from the scouting legion?" Chris Hansen gave Levi a piece of paper with a blurred out picture on it.
"I did't know I sent that picture" Levi was visibly shaken, not pushing the picture away, refusing to look at it.
"Come on Levi, I have the transcripts, if you didn't mean to send that picture, then why would you send right after "do you like how big it is Eren?" To a 15 year old boy?"
Levi didn't respond, the shame overwhelming him, Chris gathered his papers and got Levi's attention once again.
"Well I have to tell you that I am Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC, and we are doing a story on Internet predators who meet underage teens for sex on the Internet."
Levi's face visibly paled, bullets of sweat falling down his forehead
".......... Are.... You filming?"
"Yes we have been filming" the camera crew walked into the room, with Levi covering his face with his Scouting Legion cape.
" I don't want to be on TV"
"Well maybe you should have thought of that before you contacted an underage teen boy for sex, shouldn't you?"
"......"
Levi quickly rushed out covering his face, only to be apprehend shortly after by the military police.
Aug 25, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
unameesan said:
he survived for 5 years on scouting legion and known as the strongest comrade, yet you expect him to be 19? it's more like he's on his late 20 like 28 or 30 perhaps I have no idea, but he's still my favorite. AURUO IS 19? what kind of sorcery is this? he's more like 45 years old to me o____o

That's not too far from reality since remember, people join the scouting Legion at FIFTEEN, or so we are shown.

So even if he survived 5 years ago, he would be 20 youngest. Having him in his early 20s is not that far out.

Levi x Eren has absolutely no support as a serious couple though, so I don't really care.
Aug 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Jul 2007
Aurou looks in his 40s, but the way he talks and behaves, I definitely believe he's only 19 ^^

As for Levi, iirc the mangaka mentioned in some event that Levi is in his 30s, but chose not to state the official age for the moment (I've seen Japanese fans say he's 49... gotta be a joke tho). I think it's hot if he's in his 30s. I expected him to be violent and impulsive, but he's surprisingly kind and very collected, so it definitely makes sense he's left his 'wild' past behind after reaching 30 ^^

(although I'm in my early 30s and feel/look just like in my 20s.... fangirl power? xD)
Aug 27, 2013 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
Also in the latest episode it is stated that Levi has been in the scouting legion for at least 5 years.
Aug 27, 2013 9:01 PM

Aug 2013
Still ship ErenxLevi cause legal age of consent could be 13 in the titan world. Definitely not over 16 though, so shippers still have a chance.
Aug 28, 2013 12:59 AM

Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
unameesan said:

That's not too far from reality since remember, people join the scouting Legion at FIFTEEN, or so we are shown.

So even if he survived 5 years ago, he would be 20 youngest. Having him in his early 20s is not that far out.

Levi x Eren has absolutely no support as a serious couple though, so I don't really care.

I have to think twice on my post because of your post and yes I have to agree with you, they join the scouting legion around fifteen but when you look on how people show so much respect on levi and not to forget how STRONG he is, it's kinda hard to believe if he's on his early 20, with so much trust his comrades gave him that I believe it's because of the experiences he had been through, I don't know, just my opinion
but it would be real awesome if he's 20 or so
Aug 28, 2013 8:39 AM

Sep 2010
MikasaxEren said:
I hope Levi really is 34, it will mean that he has lived life and has expierence, that and everyone who thought he was young (humanity bests soldier is 19? Really) will be butthurt.

myth720 said:
Aurou looks in his 40s, but the way he talks and behaves, I definitely believe he's only 19 ^^

As for Levi, iirc the mangaka mentioned in some event that Levi is in his 30s, but chose not to state the official age for the moment (I've seen Japanese fans say he's 49... gotta be a joke tho). I think it's hot if he's in his 30s. I expected him to be violent and impulsive, but he's surprisingly kind and very collected, so it definitely makes sense he's left his 'wild' past behind after reaching 30 ^^

(although I'm in my early 30s and feel/look just like in my 20s.... fangirl power? xD)

Agreed with both, I also think he is (or should be) 30+. Anime age is very often misleading and why would looks/age/personality have to match anyway.

I guess I can understand why most people would dislike that, since for younger people anyone over 25 seems ancient. But even so, I don't see what's the big deal with "old" people and everyone having to be <20.
Aug 28, 2013 8:46 AM

Apr 2013
How you come up with that number? even here http://myanimelist.net/character.php?id=45627 says it's 34 but we can't possibly know his age, we don't even know what month his born
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 28, 2013 10:38 AM
Jul 2013
Lul, Humanity's strongest soldier at the age of 19, lul. I call bullshit.

He should be at least at his late 20s - early 30s.
Aug 28, 2013 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Nope.nope.nope.nope.nope.nope.nope.

Auruo can't be 19, that's way too young with a face like that!

Oh and Levi is 34, I'd much rather have him in his late 20s.
Aug 29, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
This makes him even an even better character now. :)
Good change from the norm' of a child with a powerup who's ability and responsablity undermining those who have been about long before said character was on the scene or born.

Aug 30, 2013 2:00 PM
Sep 2009
Iasuru said:
He's Eren's future self.

Oh, Eren WISHES he could be THAT cool. XD

Personally I've always imagined Levi to be in his mid to late 20s, considering his reputation as well as the amount of trust everyone puts in him. Plus, considering that we can assume that Erwin pulled him from his criminal past at around the age of 15, graduated at around 17, then had at LEAST 5 yrs with the Scouting Legion, hence, it'd make sense to be around late 20s.

BUT, I'll wait till the creator confirms an age. :) No matter what though his age still doesn't change how awesome he is. XD haha
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1659 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 22, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

993 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 20, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1558 by cosmic_cosmo »»
Jun 19, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

omega_d94 - Aug 17, 2013

499 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 19, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - May 11, 2013

952 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 17, 6:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.