Forum Settings
Forums

Whats happening to long running animes? (bleach, naruto, one piece)

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2013 4:46 PM

Aug 2012
Soul_Master said:
I actually had a question about one of these shows.
One Piece was about Luffy, who went in search of the One Piece treasure, so can someone explain me who does it have more than 600 freaking episodes? Not to mention that I actually saw an Angel in a picture.

The journey is hard and long. Those 600 episodes are separated into arcs that last approximately 40 episodes, but some of them lasts more like 70 episodes. Each arc usually end up with a new crew member to Luffy's crew, USUALLY, some doesn't. At each arc, Luffy progresses. Everyone knows where One Piece is, it is at the very last island of the New World, and that island is where everyone is heading there. You must progress with caution and you can't rush. as the ocean is huge you need your log-pose (a compass) to tell you where you have to go, so you will have to go through almost every island at the New World in order to reach the last one. Also, you need to stay at each island for some days in order to be able to progress, so you can't rush as I said.

Due to that, it has so many episodes. Luffy is always doing something when he arrives at a new island.
Jul 28, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
Double post because the thread got the page bug
Jul 28, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Soul_Master said:
One Piece was about Luffy, who went in search of the One Piece treasure, so can someone explain me who does it have more than 600 freaking episodes? Not to mention that I actually saw an Angel in a picture.
It's not only about him, he gets a crew. What's wrong with the amount of episodes? All that means is the journey isn't over, the arcs are large. And the angel is part of the story, but isn't a real angel.

It is just about how such a character got a crew and went on an adventure.

Some arcs explains bits of the big climax that is going to happen, while without that bits, it is almost "seasonic" saves the fact of introduction of new characters.

Oda is showing quite clearly that One Piece won't end anytime soon, so one can expect to go around 1400 episodes or even more.
012yArthur0Jul 28, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 28, 2013 6:17 PM

Nov 2010
012yArthur0 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Soul_Master said:
It's not only about him, he gets a crew. What's wrong with the amount of episodes? All that means is the journey isn't over, the arcs are large. And the angel is part of the story, but isn't a real angel.

It is just about how such a character got a crew and went on an adventure.

Some arcs explains bits of the big climax that is going to happen, while without that bits, it is almost "seasonic" saves the fact of introduction of new characters.

Oda is showing quite clearly that One Piece won't end anytime soon, so one can expect to go around 1400 episodes or even more.
On an adventure, yes, but it's also about them achieving their dreams. That's the whole reason why every single one joined the crew. I think if you were to describe the show, using adventure and dreams would be at least two of the words you would use.

Some explain though I think the ending might have some of those islands or the people on them involved in it. Is seasonic even a word? Though I kind of agree, though there are a fair amount of ones where one island leads to the other like Water 7 and Enies Lobby, the Whitebeard saga and all of that.

He said I believe when they reached the red line at 400 or at the timeskip that the story was half over.
Jul 28, 2013 7:12 PM

Mar 2013
Soul_Master said:

That's what they want you to think, but it's very complex.
Jul 28, 2013 7:18 PM

Jul 2013
Sorry for the "freaking", I read the post I made and it sounded a bit disrespectful
I know they have to search every island, their dreams are involved, and that they are not the only ones that are searching for the one piece, but I still think, that 606 is too much (and it´s not even close to the end), even without the filler that the anime must have had. This kind of manga/anime that extends for too many time cannot end up well. Look at what happened with Bleach, I read that the manga sells have lowered and Almost everyones agrees that it should have ended after Aizen´s defeat.
Still, this only my opinion.
Jul 28, 2013 8:00 PM

Nov 2010
Soul_Master said:
Sorry for the "freaking", I read the post I made and it sounded a bit disrespectful
I know they have to search every island, their dreams are involved, and that they are not the only ones that are searching for the one piece, but I still think, that 606 is too much (and it´s not even close to the end), even without the filler that the anime must have had. This kind of manga/anime that extends for too many time cannot end up well. Look at what happened with Bleach, I read that the manga sells have lowered and Almost everyones agrees that it should have ended after Aizen´s defeat.
Still, this only my opinion.
They don't really search every island. It's about half way, maybe a little more. Hasn't watched even one episode, yet thinks he must know about the current state of the anime and story, sounds legit.
Yes look at Bleach that had a buttload of filler and got cancelled, the manga is selling less than before. Now look at One Piece, in the top 10 of anime tv rankings every week(which I believe Bleach barely ever got in there if at all), the movies break records, and the manga is the highest selling manga of all time.
Jul 28, 2013 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
I did watch the anime but I never read the manga, that´s why I do not know about the filler. (my list is very incomplete yet, do not guide by it)
I got the part where they made it to the grand-line around episodes 60-68, if my memory does not suck.
The whole Bleach was an example, and something that I think might happen to One Piece, if it´s extended more than it´s needs too. Still, since I haven´t watched the whole show, my opinion may not matter much.
Jul 28, 2013 8:59 PM

Nov 2010
Fair, though I was also basing it on your post. If someone has watched 60 episodes, then I think they would at least know the basic premise.

Exactly, you don't know if it's overextended. This is how long the story is taking. I mean no offence, but someone who's caught up knows that there's no way to end it right now. And the fans still love the show and the manga. The show's story is meant to be this long. It's not like Bleach where people can say it should have ended there and the story would be fine. The story is still in the middle.
Jul 28, 2013 9:06 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Fair, though I was also basing it on your post. If someone has watched 60 episodes, then I think they would at least know the basic premise.

Exactly, you don't know if it's overextended. This is how long the story is taking. I mean no offence, but someone who's caught up knows that there's no way to end it right now. And the fans still love the show and the manga. The show's story is meant to be this long. It's not like Bleach where people can say it should have ended there and the story would be fine. The story is still in the middle.

How about having fewer islands to go through before finding the one piece? That should provide an ending and make sense. Unless the world map was showen and explained at one episode or in the manga.
Jul 28, 2013 9:10 PM

Nov 2010
goh13 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

How about having fewer islands to go through before finding the one piece? That should provide an ending and make sense. Unless the world map was showen and explained at one episode or in the manga.
There's still a lot of things to do, compressing it in fewer islands might mess up the pace or how they fit. And the first half had a lot of islands, it would be cheap if they cut down the second half by a lot.
Anyways like I said, there's no need. It still has a lot of fan support and nobody is wanting to cut it down or think it's overextended.

We're kinda shown a map, but not a detailed one. We know that they recently got past the halfway point.
Jul 28, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2013
I'm hearing Oda already planned out the ending of OP. Since Soul_Master is only at episode 60-68, it would make sense what he's saying, but compared to someone who's waiting weekly for new chapters then it's no where near ending yet. So many people haven't been introduced yet, hidden islands we haven't discovered, secrets that weren't showed, devil fruits that weren't introduced, abilities that weren't shown etc and also, in power wise, Straw Hats still have a long way to go.I would say it's no where near finished yet also.
Jul 28, 2013 9:14 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
goh13 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

There's still a lot of things to do, compressing it in fewer islands might mess up the pace or how they fit. And the first half had a lot of islands, it would be cheap if they cut down the second half by a lot.
Anyways like I said, there's no need. It still has a lot of fan support and nobody is wanting to cut it down or think it's overextended.

We're kinda shown a map, but not a detailed one. We know that they recently got past the halfway point.

I guess that is the point in it anyway. If everyone is happy, they should keep pushing but hopefully not the point where the show becomes dull. Have fun because I can not bring myself to watch 500+ episode shows. Seems like a fun ride but it is not for me :p
Jul 28, 2013 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
I really like in the beggining all those series. But somehow, i dropped all of them. I suppose i can't stand so much episodes D:
Jul 28, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2010
Kvshi said:
I'm hearing Oda already planned out the ending of OP. Since Soul_Master is only at episode 60-68, it would make sense what he's saying, but compared to someone who's waiting weekly for new chapters then it's no where near ending yet. So many people haven't been introduced yet, hidden islands we haven't discovered, secrets that weren't showed, devil fruits that weren't introduced, abilities that weren't shown etc and also, in power wise, Straw Hats still have a long way to go.I would say it's no where near finished yet also.
Yes he's had it planned out since the beginning, he originally thought he was only going to make it for like a year or whatever. But he extended it and you can't even tell, actually the twists later on are great and it feels like it's supposed to have been this way the whole time. I wouldn't be surprised if he still changes it slightly.
Well it still doesn't make much sense, unless you're caught up it kind of makes no sense to say that it's overextended. There's just no way to know or to guess.

Yeah I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Oda has promised a lot for later.

goh13 said:
I guess that is the point in it anyway. If everyone is happy, they should keep pushing but hopefully not the point where the show becomes dull. Have fun because I can not bring myself to watch 500+ episode shows. Seems like a fun ride but it is not for me :p
Yes, well all the fans know Oda's storytelling and they believe he wouldn't do that. Though he does work too hard, sleeps 3 hours a night. Yeah, it's not for everyone.
Jul 28, 2013 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Kvshi said:
Yes he's had it planned out since the beginning, he originally thought he was only going to make it for like a year or whatever. But he extended it and you can't even tell, actually the twists later on are great and it feels like it's supposed to have been this way the whole time. I wouldn't be surprised if he still changes it slightly.
Well it still doesn't make much sense, unless you're caught up it kind of makes no sense to say that it's overextended. There's just no way to know or to guess.

Yeah I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Oda has promised a lot for later.

goh13 said:
Yes, well all the fans know Oda's storytelling and they believe he wouldn't do that. Though he does work too hard, sleeps 3 hours a night. Yeah, it's not for everyone.

A few chapters back he was making a One Piece chapter in the hospital while he was sick. o_O. He's the complete opposite of Togashi lol

Jul 28, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2010
Kvshi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kvshi said:

goh13 said:

A few chapters back he was making a One Piece chapter in the hospital while he was sick. o_O. He's the complete opposite of Togashi lol

Yes Togashi of Hiatus x Hiatus and Miura. He sleeps 3 hours a day and has had like 3 breaks since he started the manga, one at the timeskip for a month, and then a couple for being sick.

I don't understand what's under the spoiler. Who's they and in what way will they make them look like nothing?
Jul 28, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2012
awesome-49 said:
naruto will probably end after the war's over I don't see it moving on to another arc.

Who knows when Naruto is ending really. It didn't end in the war arc since the current arc is called the Ten Tails Arc and then you have Orochimaru and Sasuke next.
Jul 28, 2013 9:57 PM

Nov 2010
SuperImpact said:
awesome-49 said:
naruto will probably end after the war's over I don't see it moving on to another arc.

Who knows when Naruto is ending really. It didn't end in the war arc since the current arc is called the Ten Tails Arc and then you have Orochimaru and Sasuke next.
The mangaka who said it is ending soon does.
Jul 28, 2013 10:00 PM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
SuperImpact said:
awesome-49 said:

The mangaka who said it is ending soon does.
Then after saying that, he said it'll take him more than a year at least. He has the ending planned but not what would lead to it.
Jul 28, 2013 10:02 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Kvshi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kvshi said:

goh13 said:

Yes Togashi of Hiatus x Hiatus and Miura. He sleeps 3 hours a day and has had like 3 breaks since he started the manga, one at the timeskip for a month, and then a couple for being sick.

I don't understand what's under the spoiler. Who's they and in what way will they make them look like nothing?

Jul 28, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2010
Kvshi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kvshi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kvshi said:

goh13 said:

Jul 28, 2013 11:42 PM
Sep 2012
Kvshi said:
Planning something ahead can only be praise worthy in retrospect and only in special cases.
If two writers made an ending of the same quality, and one came up with it spontaneously while the other took several years, I'd praise the quick-witted one.
That is, we're assuming the ending is actually good.
AND an ending has to be complex enough to make having planned it beforehand seem like something impressive. Anyone can 'plan' a straightforward ending, decades before if they want to and just add random plot points kn the way to fill the gap, which is what Oda is doing.
Jul 29, 2013 4:32 AM

Jul 2011
HurricaneSweet said:
Kvshi said:
Planning something ahead can only be praise worthy in retrospect and only in special cases.
If two writers made an ending of the same quality, and one came up with it spontaneously while the other took several years, I'd praise the quick-witted one.
AND an ending has to be complex enough to make having planned it beforehand seem like something impressive. Anyone can 'plan' a straightforward ending, decades before if they want to and just add random plot points kn the way to fill the gap, which is what Oda is doing.

These "random plot points" is what has made OP have millions of fans in Japan and around the world and it's currently the best-selling manga series of all time.

...oh right, for you only exists HxH and OP is pure shit and nothing makes sense
Jul 29, 2013 4:43 AM

Apr 2012
astrozombie420 said:
sushi55 said:
astrozombie420 said:

maybe you just dont know whats good.

also i wont even watch hunter x hunter. it looks so damn gay to me that im not even gonna give it a chance.

but whatever you just keep on hating, hater.

1)- Fix your grammar.
2)- Make better criticisms.
3)- Add something to your list, because your experience usually equals how much knowledge you have about the medium, that or your someone who's only seen 5 series and is actually convinced Naruto is one of the best. Thank you.

lol that pretty funny considering ive watched so much damn anime that i cant remember even 1/4 of the shows ive watched. yeah sure there is alot more out there that i havent seen, but thats the same for everybody. also yeah i do think naruto is a great show minus all the fillers.

I'm not asking whether you think Naruto is a good show or not, I'm asking you to prove to us that you have watched enough series that can make your opinion more worthy. That's all.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 29, 2013 4:48 AM
Sep 2012
Yes
ainky said:
HurricaneSweet said:
Kvshi said:

These "random plot points" is what has made OP have millions of fans in Japan and around the world and it's currently the best-selling manga series of all time.

...oh right, for you only exists HxH and OP is pure shit and nothing makes sense

Never said they wont sell. Look at twilight.
Same thing.

But if we'ee talking about writing, HxH is the only good one out of the genre.
Jul 29, 2013 4:56 AM

Jul 2011
twilight is only fanservice
Jul 29, 2013 4:57 AM
Sep 2012
So is one piece
Jul 29, 2013 5:00 AM

Dec 2012
ainky said:
HurricaneSweet said:
Kvshi said:

Do you even know how an argument works? saying it sold doesn't mean jack shit instead you should ask him why/how are those plot points random etc. Stick to your one liners, you couldn't defend your favorite series if your life depended on it. That sounded harsh..
Jul 29, 2013 5:05 AM

Jul 2011
@tsudecimo I think you know the discussions we already have made in OP forum and I've already wasted too much time arguing with a hater like him.
Jul 29, 2013 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
Nope.
Jul 29, 2013 5:09 AM
Sep 2012
Hehehe thoae arguments were the same as this, you bring up
Sales or other stupid points and I win the argument.

Then you call me a hater because there's no more comebacks.
Jul 29, 2013 5:50 AM

Jul 2011
HurricaneSweet said:
Hehehe thoae arguments were the same as this, you bring up
Sales or other stupid points and I win the argument.

Then you call me a hater because there's no more comebacks.

Jul 29, 2013 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
Hate Bleach. Kubo is a hack. Was only good for the first two arcs.

Naruto, well I'm watching the original series because it was one of the first anime I started and its nostalgic for me. But I don't see much appeal in Shippuden.

One Piece, I barely started. Little point in trying to catch up, but at least its funny. I like Zoro.

Fairy Tail is awesome! Of all the real popular anime, long running ones, its the one I'd be most eager to see keep running.

I generally watch obscure stuff more than mainstream stuff. Maybe I got sick of 30 episode fillers, who knows.
Jul 29, 2013 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
HurricaneSweet said:
Kvshi said:

These "random plot points" can actually be good relevance to the plot and the characters depending on how it's written. They're so many random plot points in One Piece that it's unbelievable, but Oda can somehow conclude it into a very relevant arc later on. Actually for most adventure manga "random plot points" can be essential to the manga because they're exploring unknown places midway through there journey instead of going through the regular formula of just going one place to another. Where would the "true" adventure be? Which won't be as enjoyable. As I said it depends on the mangaka as well and how it's written.If you read One Piece. Those "random plot points" can indicate to very important foreshadowing later on in the story.

Since you favor HxH a lot, HxH is a very adventurous manga. When Togashi is on Hiatus, he most likely plans out for the future chapters of the manga, but he can also add random additional plot points and make it look more interesting and relevant into the plot and can pull it off with his experience and unique forms of writing.I'm not sure if it was planned out by Togashi beforehand, but look at nen in HxH for example. It was fully introduced later on into the series, when it could've been introduced in the hunter exam arc. He may have foreshadowed with Hisoka ( I'm not fully sure), but the nen explanation was a "random plot point", but was expanded into such a important form of the story and is part of what MADE HxH so interesting.

"Nen" in HxH is just like "Haki" and "devil fruits" in One Piece. Haki was explained WAY later on in One Piece, but is an important stand for the story if you want to achieve the One Piece itself.
KvshiJul 29, 2013 11:49 AM
Jul 29, 2013 11:58 AM
Sep 2012
There's a difference. Nen was planned as shown by proof.
One piece was never intended to be this long, so the writer had to introduce
an element to allow power levels to keep expanding for another decade, he tried to tie it to past moments (shanks' shonen intimidation stare) but it didnt workout wel.

And as I said, haki is very simple. Pit haki instead of nen in hxh and the foreshadowing of hxh would still make it look unimpressive, since there's nothing about it that was worth the 'planning ahead'

Also Hxh guy spends most of his hiatus playijng ges, he doesnt even spend much time on it DURING the publishinf
Jul 29, 2013 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
HurricaneSweet said:
There's a difference. Nen was planned as shown by proof.
One piece was never intended to be this long, so the writer had to introduce
an element to allow power levels to keep expanding for another decade, he tried to tie it to past moments (shanks' shonen intimidation stare) but it didnt workout wel.

And as I said, haki is very simple. Pit haki instead of nen in hxh and the foreshadowing of hxh would still make it look unimpressive, since there's nothing about it that was worth the 'planning ahead'

Also Hxh guy spends most of his hiatus playijng ges, he doesnt even spend much time on it DURING the publishinf

If that's true. then that's pressure from the fans and Shounen Jump itself, then it's a last minute plot point in terms for the plot. Togashi planned nen beforehand then. That explains why it's so broken down in such a good manner from basic nen knowledge to the advanced forms of nen that are compatible with each nen users ability and how it's explained during battles. I also heard DBZ was suppose to end at the Frieza arc, but Akira was pressured to do more arcs.

There's no way in hell Togashi doesn't plan ahead. He just doesn't sit on his ass all day playing dragon quest. If that was actually true, then
Jul 29, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
Comparing two powers from two different series....

Haki btw was introduced early(even if we ignore chapter 1).Way before Luffy knew what it was and way before we found out about it in the manga.That is at Skypeia arc.More precisely it was just before its start.Now if you want to call that "shounen stare"too that's your problem.Also "didnt work well" is your opinion.

Luffy was able to defeat Logia users without Haki from the beginning. Oda didnt need a "new power" to make him or his crew stronger.He just needed to add the conditions needed tor Luffy to win.

How exactly Haki proves or not that OP wasnt palnned ahead is beyond me.
ssjokgJul 29, 2013 12:36 PM
Jul 29, 2013 12:28 PM
Sep 2012
Pretty much, Op ad dbz and yu yu hakusho was supposed to be longer, but the writer of yuh is stubborn so he ended it right then and so they no longer pressure him.

Hxh has some stuff planned ahead, but when during the writing process itself, there's no indication he plans on hiatus, he takes hiatus to take a break from manga anyway

He doesnt play all day long but he still spends time on things not career-related
Jul 29, 2013 12:43 PM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

Haki btw was introduced early.Way before Luffy knew what it was and way before we found out about it in the manga.That is at Skypeia arc.Also "didnt work well" is your opinion.

Luffy was able to defeat Logia users without Haki from the beginning. Oda didnt need a "new power" to make him or his crew stronger.He just needed to add the conditions needed tor Luffy to win.

Didn't work well is not really an opinion, inconsistencies and failed attempts at connecting the dots are there.
Also mantra is not too far back from amazon lily.

There's way more evidence to back up the non existence of haki that otherwise. Many people not having haki at certain points is just too obvious.

Also mantra could have just been linked to haki when it was introduced.
But the official 100% debut of haki was in amazon lily/sabaody
And again, even if it was planned, for the sake of argument, still doesnt show anything impressive, it's 3 categories of very simply powers, which actually makes having planned it a negative.
To think someone would need years to come up with and try to introduce a system that simple that any shonen writer included spontaneously?
Jul 29, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
HurricaneSweet said:
ssjokg said:

Haki btw was introduced early.Way before Luffy knew what it was and way before we found out about it in the manga.That is at Skypeia arc.Also "didnt work well" is your opinion.

Didn't work well is not really an opinion, inconsistencies and failed attempts at connecting the dots are there.
Also mantra is not too far back from amazon lily.

There's way more evidence to back up the non existence of haki that otherwise. Many people not having haki at certain points is just too obvious.

Also mantra could have just been linked to haki when it was introduced.
But the official 100% debut of haki was in amazon lily/sabaody
And again, even if it was planned, for the sake of argument, still doesnt show anything impressive, it's 3 categories of very simply powers, which actually makes having planned it a negative.
To think someone would need years to come up with and try to introduce a system that simple that any shonen writer included spontaneously?

Can you explain them?So far you just said that "I didnt like it so it was done wrong"
Sure it isnt far.Only 285 chapters.That's about something more than 5 years?
They only people shown with haki early in the story(East Blue)is Shanks,and the Mantra users in Skypeia who were are lead by Enel who IS one of the stronger chars of OP(500,000,000 beri if he was a pirate).There is no reason to have rookie pirates with Haki for the weakest sea and the first part of Grand Line.

Yeah people who never knew the term Haki should have somehow knew about it and use it for their powers.

The "official debut" was at chapter 1.Even if you want to ignore that it was in chapter 234, NOT 519.
How does that work?Why does any power have to be some complex system?You just wanted something more "amazing".Again your opinion.

Sure lets give Luffy and his crew,Haki from the beginning making them OP just to satisfy people like you.Makes sense.
Jul 29, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
Jumping in a little late here, but I've never understood the obsession with animes that go on for a million years. There's a certain satisfaction with finishing a series, plus you're going to have a problem if you want to start and then catch up with any of the "major three".
Jul 29, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
ssjokg said:

Haki btw was introduced early(even if we ignore chapter 1).Way before Luffy knew what it was and way before we found out about it in the manga.That is at Skypeia arc.More precisely it was just before its start.Now if you want to call that "shounen stare"too that's your problem.Also "didnt work well" is your opinion.

I wasn't comparing to powers, I was breaking down what I said and used the powers a example for a better understand of what I was saying. It terms, you could say I compared, but I wasn't trying to.

]Luffy was able to defeat Logia users without Haki from the beginning. Oda didnt need a "new power" to make him or his crew stronger.He just needed to add the conditions needed tor Luffy to win.

HurricaneSweet said:
Pretty much, Op ad dbz and yu yu hakusho was supposed to be longer, but the writer of yuh is stubborn so he ended it right then and so they no longer pressure him.

Hxh has some stuff planned ahead, but when during the writing process itself, there's no indication he plans on hiatus, he takes hiatus to take a break from manga anyway

He doesn't play all day long but he still spends time on things not career-related

I think it took Togashi 8 years to complete the Chimera Ant Arc. During those hiatuses in between there must have been planning OR as you said, before the arc even started he may have planned it out before hand. I truly think if you're a mangaka, you have to plan out the next chapters a few weeks ahead of the current one you're on even without hiatuses.
Jul 29, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
It doesnt matter.It already existed and if anything it did their fights harder to win instead of being used as an unexplained power that saved them(shounen willpower etc).The very first time Luffy uses it we immediately get to know what it is and how it works(partially).Then during the training arc we got it fully explained .Oda had no reason to introduce it and explain how it works in the earlier parts.It would either make their fights easier or he would have to make their enemies even stronger.

I am not saying that they would be able to win against them as they are.I am saying that if Oda wanted to he could have made them win just like they did with Enel and Crocodile.Whether it was luck or a some smart strategy doesnt matter.
ssjokgJul 29, 2013 1:25 PM
Jul 29, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
i watch / read the anime/manga of all 3 and i cant say what will be the next hit after bleach/naruto but i can see fairy tail taking a spot and in japan atleast toriko will take naruto's place ( the manga is epic atm)
Jul 29, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
One piece is the only one I'm watching, I don't mind that it lasts that long.. It's awsome as it was at the beginning.
Jul 29, 2013 2:16 PM

Aug 2012
Kvshi said:
ssjokg said:

I wasn't comparing to powers, I was breaking down what I said and used the powers a example for a better understand of what I was saying. It terms, you could say I compared, but I wasn't trying to.

]Luffy was able to defeat Logia users without Haki from the beginning. Oda didnt need a "new power" to make him or his crew stronger.He just needed to add the conditions needed tor Luffy to win.

kusho was supposed to be longer, but the writer of yuh is stubborn so he ended it right then and so they no longer pressure him.

He doesn't play all day long but he still spends time on things not career-related

I think it took Togashi 8 years to complete the Chimera Ant Arc. During those hiatuses in between there must have been planning OR as you said, before the arc even started he may have planned it out before hand. I truly think if you're a mangaka, you have to plan out the next chapters a few weeks ahead of the current one you're on even without hiatuses.

Dude, have you ever watched One Piece? If yes, you know that there is a very rough difference between the east blue and the grand line. Don't you remember the many people around the guy saying "OMG THIS GUY HAS BEEN IN GRAND LINE HE IS A LEGEND HE WAS AT GRAND LINE AND SURVIVED AND NOW IS HERE OMFG", I mean, who goes to grand line never comes back, and the same is between grand line and new world. Haki is a very advanced battle technique, and they only need so advanecd battle techniques at dangerous places (new world, some areas of grand line). And also, many characters use haki but simply doesn't know (like Hunter x Hunter's Nen). Coby started using haki and didn't even knew it was haki.
Jul 29, 2013 2:20 PM
Sep 2012
It's funny because the haki itself is literally a 'shonen willpower'

"The "official debut" was at chapter 1.Even if you want to ignore that it was in chapter 234, NOT 519."

Prove with sources that OP was planned to go for 30 years all along?
Logically speaking haki never existed then, because
One
Piece wast supposed to exist for that long.
And shanks staring is just a shonen cliche. And losing his arm to a fodder snake proves it. Not that proof is really needed.

No reason to have haki? In retrospect, croc
Is now a joke, which contradicte being s shichibukai, he would have been a target for a shichi , not a lord himself.

Again, mantra was an element by itself till it was tied to haki, the officialdebut was sabody. Nice touch but not really planned.

And you really lack comprehension skills, never said they should get t earlier, only 'spending 15 years to come up with a basic template of shonen aura system' is actually terrible writing and not 'genius foreshadowing''
So either way, it isn't note worthy.

I mean hxh plans things, yes. It comes up with complex plots and then you can see it was planned all along, which is impressive that a writer, while writing complex storylines, is thinking of MORE complez stories ahead and weaving the threads toward them.

Oda is already writing meh content and then tries to tie it to something earlier before, it's really straightforward.
Jul 29, 2013 2:28 PM

Aug 2012
HurricaneSweet said:

And shanks staring is just a shonen cliche.

Show me a fucking character staring a fucking huge dragon, in such a way the dragon starts running away. Show me only ONE fucking scene that is like this.
Jul 29, 2013 2:30 PM
Sep 2012
lupadim said:
HurricaneSweet said:

And shanks staring is just a shonen cliche.

Show me a fucking character staring a fucking huge dragon, in such a way the dragon starts running away. Show me only ONE fucking scene that is like this.

As I said, every shonen.
And he was a fodder sea king, not a 'dragon',
Are yountrying to make him stronger than he is?
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you could do one major change in an Anime, what would it be?

MoshiMochi43 - Yesterday

20 by Daconator »»
4 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

109 by Deserada »»
5 minutes ago

» Which anime were actually better than their source material?

BadGuyBoog - 21 minutes ago

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
9 minutes ago

» Has Ufotable Perfected Walking?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

7 by Serafos »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Is there a correlation between not liking spicy food, and liking bad anime? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Jun 22

72 by Nyron »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.