Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2008 9:32 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is one truly amazing episode that left me speechless.

This episode should be nominated for One of the Best of 2008.

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 28, 2008 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:
This is one truly amazing episode that left me speechless.

You Sir are right!-------------->
wakka9ca said:
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 28, 2008 12:50 PM

Apr 2008
I'll go ahead and add what I thought. Though I'm sure most of it's been said.

It was a really great episode...though I realized that I now have to wait for the next one and that killed my excitement. Taiga was so incredibly adorable in that angel-ish outfit, and Minorin...she was interesting that episode. From what I read, I have to agree that she may be jealous of Ryuuji.

I'm more hoping that it turns out that Ryuuji gets Taiga. Is it just me or does it seem his romantic feelings for Minorin have been a lot less significant? And not to mention he's trying so hard for Taiga. (Gotta love Ryuuji, he'd be the perfect housewife :D )

Dec 28, 2008 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
Another great episode.
The ‘Mr. Lucky Contest’ or whatever it was called was hilarious. Ryuuji was not going to loose lol
This show just continues to surprise me. It has everything.
I would very much like to kick Taiga's dad in the nuts XD

But on a serious note. Would anyone really be upset if Minorin was a lesbian? I mean come on. Think of the possibilities. =D
Dec 29, 2008 2:52 AM

Dec 2008
nicolexcullen said:

But on a serious note. Would anyone really be upset if Minorin was a lesbian? I mean come on. Think of the possibilities. =D

I wouldn't be. But that's because I'm hoping for Ryuuji x Ami! Come on, moon+moon > sun+moon! :D

And yes, brilliant episode!
Existence, well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future
The present is well out of hand
The present is well out of hand
Dec 29, 2008 8:25 AM

Jun 2007
Awesome episode! I cried a lot when Minorin was crying and Takasu was supporting Taiga.
Taiga was so cute with that outfit

This could have been an 'ending' episode and i wouldnt have complained :D
Dec 29, 2008 10:57 AM

Dec 2008
The best moment ever was the running! OMG, I've never seen Ryuuji looking so much like his father...
XD
I really don't know if he should end up with Taiga, or Minorin. I mean, I'd rather it was Taiga, but that pink haired girl actually impresses me every episode!
>.<
Well, I'll have to wait to find out...
:P
Dec 29, 2008 1:30 PM

Aug 2007
Flipping disliked this episode so much.
Stupid dad... like... stupid reason why he's stupid.
Ryuuji who I loved was so stupid this episode....and.... talked....so.....slowly....when...........expressing..........his............feelings.
Taiga was like... with Kitamura!! Argh, nuuu!!

Minorin is baka
Dec 29, 2008 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
Very touching skits full of emotion, yet I found Minori extra hilarious in this episode!! Am I a lesbian???

Hahahaha!!! XD
Dec 29, 2008 3:23 PM
Dec 2008
The episode left me at awe. Ryuuji struggling to return into Taiga's side was very emotiona and I liked Ryuuji going berserk mode >:D

Its funny how Taiga won the contest I mean, She was the only one wearing an angel costume and the others are all wearing maid outfits. Of course she'd win the contest XD
Dec 29, 2008 3:51 PM

Feb 2008
Very nice and episode. Would've made a great ending for the series too. kind of.
:-)
Dec 30, 2008 8:43 AM

Dec 2007
omg !
wahhs . this si the BEST! episode i have ever seen ! <333333
i totally support taiga x ryuji
minorin x takasu ! <333333

wahhs . xD damn niceeeee (:

Dec 30, 2008 11:34 AM

Jun 2007
Ryuuji in delinquent mode made my day! His face when Minori was questioning her sexuality was also very entertaining.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 30, 2008 4:58 PM

Dec 2008
I loled so hard when Taiga went into the bag. Also I think that Kitamura likes the student council president. I kind of wish this was the last episode though. It felt like it would be a good place to end off.
Dec 30, 2008 6:47 PM

May 2007
Kitamura x Student Council = Possible, but improbable.
Kitamura x Taiga = Possible, but improbable.
Kitamura x Minorin = Possible, but improbable.
Kitamura x Ryuuji = Impossible. (Wot? I have to take all possibilities, and impossibilities to account. lol)

Ryuuji x Taiga = Possible, probable.
Ryuuji x Minorin = Possible, but very improbable.
Ryuuji x Ami = Possible, but not much probable.

Taiga x Ami = Who the 8 came up with this thing?! This will never happen.
Taiga x Minorin = Some people phail to get a joke.

No ending = Possible, probable
I'm not taking any other possiblilities since there is actually none other than these.

Good episode. This series never phails to surprise me.
I only wish that the manga had the same publishing pace as the anime.

@Off-Topic
I'm not a mod here, but i would like that the fight could be stoped right here, and right now.
Defiance you picked up this fight without slayer having done anything to you. (Besides replying your messages.)
You may have phailed to compreend what he wrote, but thats deffinitly not a reason to keep on arguing like this.
It doesn't matter how old slayer is, neither the fact that he likes to write long reviews.
He at no moment bothered other users, not to mention that you in no point were obliged to actually care about what he wrote.
MAL was created for the sake of uniting anime fans in to a single big portal that is able to merge everything that a anime/manga addicted woud want.
Not for users to pick up fights with each other.

I hope this ends. Any further offensive/aggresive action wil be reported.
Dec 31, 2008 1:27 AM

Oct 2008
Ryushi said:
Kitamura x Student Council = Possible, but improbable.
@Off-Topic
I'm not a mod here, but i would like that the fight could be stoped right here, and right now.
Defiance you picked up this fight without slayer having done anything to you. (Besides replying your messages.)
You may have phailed to compreend what he wrote, but thats deffinitly not a reason to keep on arguing like this.
It doesn't matter how old slayer is, neither the fact that he likes to write long reviews.
He at no moment bothered other users, not to mention that you in no point were obliged to actually care about what he wrote.
MAL was created for the sake of uniting anime fans in to a single big portal that is able to merge everything that a anime/manga addicted woud want.
Not for users to pick up fights with each other.

I hope this ends. Any further offensive/aggresive action wil be reported.

I concur.
Why is Taiga pursuing Kitamura when he turned her down?
Dec 31, 2008 5:10 AM

May 2007
Rebella said:
He didn't actually turn her down.
Dec 31, 2008 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
Ryushi said:
Rebella said:

He didn't accept her feelings. He wanted her to "try" just as he did? xD
Dec 31, 2008 10:02 AM
Dec 2007
Rebella said:
Ryushi said:
Rebella said:

Taiga rejected him first, so it's not like the whole mess makes sense either. She's basically just trying to win him back. This episode shows who seems to be Taiga's real contender for Kitamura's heart (the Student Council President). I couldn't tell if the Prez seemed to have a genuine love interest on him as well, since she seems hard to read. I guess Kitamura likes the bossy girls.

Dec 31, 2008 10:06 AM

May 2007
I'd like to point to something maybe you guys missed out.
Taiga already liked him even before he confessed, though thanks to her tsundereness she didn't accept it.
Jan 1, 2009 1:05 AM

Aug 2007
Someone should make a GIF of Ryuuji running lol. His face was priceless throughout =p

Yuusaku's definition of what dancing is, and Ami's BDSM attire in the beginning was great as well ^^
Jan 1, 2009 1:24 AM

Nov 2008
Ryushi said:
I'd like to point to something maybe you guys missed out.
Taiga already liked him even before he confessed, though thanks to her tsundereness she didn't accept it.

True. But she's better off with Ryuuji anyway. :D
Jan 1, 2009 1:27 AM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Rebella said:
Ryushi said:
Rebella said:

Taiga rejected him first, so it's not like the whole mess makes sense either. She's basically just trying to win him back. This episode shows who seems to be Taiga's real contender for Kitamura's heart (the Student Council President). I couldn't tell if the Prez seemed to have a genuine love interest on him as well, since she seems hard to read. I guess Kitamura likes the bossy girls.

Another supporter. I love Kitamura and the President. I saw it since ep 3 was it? When she was introduced. It was classic. But she's older than him, maybe it would never work.

I do think Kitamura might be better with Ami. I like Kitamura and the Prez, but do get the feeling that he wants to take her place when she leaves and she was testing him if he was fit to take her place when she left. In the end it basically showed that she found him fit to take her place. So although I like them, I know it's not going down that road.
Jan 1, 2009 9:43 AM

May 2007
Hey, avoid double posting. Use the edit button instead.

Kitamura x Ami is highly improbable.

Its same as Ryuuji x Minorin.
Just like when Ami said: "You are the moon. Minorin is the sun..."
The same applies to Kitamura x Ami or Taiga.

And acctually, the only one who would match Ami until now is Ryuuji. (Besides, she doesn't like Kitamura in that way. She likes Ryuuji.)
Just like Ryuuji matches with Taiga.

I wouldn't be surprise if we end up with Kitamura and Minorin end up togheter or simply alone.
(I actualy dislike both. I find them annoying.)
(Like i always say after bashing some random character: "This is only my opinion. Its not like you have to worry about it.")
Jan 1, 2009 10:34 AM
Dec 2007
I have to agree Kitamura and the Student Council Prez probably won't get anywhere, since she will leave, hence there's not much chance for them. If they wanted to (and Kitamura had the guts), they could, but it's pretty obvious they will part ways and hope to meet again someday. And I bet they will sneak it in as an episode soon.

And I think Ami was just tryig to lull Ryuuji away from Minori with a half-truth. She tried to lure him into thinking they are a better match, but the fact remains that if he goes by her way of thinking, then Taiga is the perfect match for him as Ryuuji is completely open with her, and likewise she has learned to open up to him (which made Minori feel a tad slighted).

Jan 1, 2009 10:51 AM

May 2007
I disagree.
I think Ami really likes Ryuuji
Jan 1, 2009 11:52 AM

Apr 2008
this was probably my favorite episode so far.
shows you theres a somewhat more serious/romantic side to the show than the playfull things we've seen before.
Jan 1, 2009 12:12 PM

Dec 2008
watched ep 13 for the second time - really nice again

Ami does a half assed job when it comes to start a relationship with Ryuuji.
I think she doesn't know that she had a crush on Ryuuji or she doesn't want to admit it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2009 2:42 PM
Dec 2007
Ryushi said:
I disagree.
Ami's feelings were beside the point. Whether she really liked him or was just after him on a whim, it still means she tried to play mind games on him. Besides, considering how helpfull she has been to Taiga and Ryuuji in the last pair of episodes, I'm thinking she just wants close friends, but can't bring herself to drop her shield and openly admit it. Ryuuji noticed as much though.

Jan 1, 2009 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
pretty good episode, I guess
Jan 1, 2009 8:31 PM

May 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Ryushi said:
I disagree.
Ami's feelings were beside the point. Whether she really liked him or was just after him on a whim, it still means she tried to play mind games on him. Besides, considering how helpfull she has been to Taiga and Ryuuji in the last pair of episodes, I'm thinking she just wants close friends, but can't bring herself to drop her shield and openly admit it. Ryuuji noticed as much though.
Maybe you are right but i still think she didn't gave up.
Jan 2, 2009 12:32 AM

Sep 2008
toucjing
every rellation get progres
minorin is lesbian.....mmaibie
it was goood
love this anime cant belibe they can make so much of this kind of anime
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 2, 2009 3:01 AM

Mar 2008
I simply loved this episode, especially the running part. Minorin was a true hero when she helped Ryuuji to win and help Taiga. I guess she trusts Ryuuji enough to be able to give Taiga to him. Although the "Perhaps I am lesbian"-comment made me think she secretly want Taiga for herself. Or I might be thinking into it too much. ^^"
Jan 3, 2009 4:43 AM

May 2008
why still hasn't episode 14?
Jan 3, 2009 4:47 AM

Jul 2008
Darkmaya said:
why still hasn't episode 14?
It starts back on the 7th I believe. They go on hiatus until all the new series come out in January.
Jan 4, 2009 2:52 AM

Mar 2008
YAY! I love this show ^^

lol if Minori really is a lesbian thats going to be both funny and sad
Jan 4, 2009 6:26 AM

Nov 2008
I don't think she really is. I guess she knows that Ryuuji is in love with her and she is just testing him like Kitamura and Taiga. Probably it will be like that: Taiga X Ryuuji, Kitamura X Minorin (?!).
But I hope it won't. It will be too predictable and boring.
Jan 4, 2009 7:08 AM

May 2007
hativnatka said:
I don't think she really is. I guess she knows that Ryuuji is in love with her and she is just testing him like Kitamura and Taiga. Probably it will be like that: Taiga X Ryuuji, Kitamura X Minorin (?!).
But I hope it won't. It will be too predictable and boring.
I doubt that. Really.
Jan 4, 2009 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Ryushi said:
I disagree.

I totally agree but she might develop a serious crush on him with time and because she'll get to know him better.
Is it me or episode 14 is taking long to be aired?
Jan 4, 2009 9:40 AM
Dec 2007
New Years break. Almost all the series took the week off.

Jan 4, 2009 1:46 PM

Sep 2007
Wow this arc had an amazing endning.. this could have been the ending of the show dammit.. great development and even a feeling of closure.. Ryuuji is such a hero <3

Jan 4, 2009 1:48 PM

Jun 2007
albin said:
Wow this arc had an amazing endning.. this could have been the ending of the show dammit.. great development and even a feeling of closure.. Ryuuji is such a hero <3

Good thing it isn't though. I'm not done with this series yet ;) Hopefully the best is yet to come!

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jan 4, 2009 2:18 PM

Sep 2007
ani said:
albin said:

Good thing it isn't though. I'm not done with this series yet ;) Hopefully the best is yet to come!

I acctually thought there only was 13 eps first and that this was the end XP Im glad I checked :P

Jan 5, 2009 3:18 PM

Nov 2008
Ryushi said:
Hey, avoid double posting. Use the edit button instead.

Kitamura x Ami is highly improbable.

Its same as Ryuuji x Minorin.
Just like when Ami said: "You are the moon. Minorin is the sun..."
The same applies to Kitamura x Ami or Taiga.

And acctually, the only one who would match Ami until now is Ryuuji. (Besides, she doesn't like Kitamura in that way. She likes Ryuuji.)
Just like Ryuuji matches with Taiga.

I wouldn't be surprise if we end up with Kitamura and Minorin end up togheter or simply alone.
(I actualy dislike both. I find them annoying.)
(Like i always say after bashing some random character: "This is only my opinion. Its not like you have to worry about it.")

What is your explanation for KitamuraXAmi not getting together? You have no reasoning AT ALL. I don't see how KitamuraXMinorin have more of a chance than KitamuraXAmi, when KitamuraXAmi have an established long term relationship as close friends.

There are 25 eps to see who matches who fully. So far I won't deny that RyuujiXTaiga are set. But to say that RyuujiXAmi match because Ami likes Ryuuji. Then I could say that Minorin matches Ryuuji because Ryuuji likes Minorin, it's absurd.

I find both Kitamura and Minorin annoying as well and I have never been quiet about it. However, I am considering the way everything is going and I do see there is chance for Ami and Kitamura (even though he's cardboard right now) considering their past and who introduced her onto the show and the others. They can definitely develop Kitamura/Ami without any difficulty.
Jan 5, 2009 5:50 PM
Oct 2008
fuck! their character development is sweeetttt

man, i love each and evry episode!! <33333
Jan 6, 2009 5:13 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty good conclusion. Some scenes were just plain painful such as when Taiga's father texting it not to Taiga but Ryuuji(that's Phil Collins level) and Ami calling out Taiga's father. Ryuuji going berserk was pretty awesome. Minorin asking if she was a lesbian was possibly the best comment I've heard this year. They really are downplaying the Taiga x Ryuuki aspect to a point where I'm almost doubting they will get together(I hope they don't rush the relationship near the end). I wonder if they are going to do another serious arc or another comedy one, they kinda handle both well so looking forward either way.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 7, 2009 8:57 PM

Aug 2008
A beutiful episode!
Way back, around the first episodes, I didn't think that this anime would really have it in it to make me feel the way I feel after watching the latest episodes! The novel's author and J.C. Staff surely did a great job in the anime. Wait... It's like I'm saying this after the anime's over! Hah! But there's still 12 more to go before that! xD
sniW said:
SHOCK! (Possible major spoiler) Minori says ~20:50:

Not a surprise, really. Does she become one in the novel? lol I laughed hard at that scene!

HonooNoKarite said:
ALTIMIT said:
slayer545-sama said:
vaberella said:

Really? I kept seeing Taiga rubbing her face on Minori's breasts and kept thinking that Miniorin was getting aroused.

STOP! You guys are not thinking Kushieda is really a lesbian? Come on! She is way worth it more than that. I hope Ryuuji changes something in her and some 101 sexual instructions somehow.

There might be many people that will not like Taiga x Kushieda.

Actually, I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind if the anime is heading that direction lol

Then it'll be hella convenient for Ryuuji and Ami, XD

That would be hilarious wouldn't it? This anime's a pretty weird harem now that I think about it, and it feels quite refreshing! It's not quite like the harems I'm "used" to. ^^
Jan 8, 2009 7:55 AM
Mar 2008
Awesome one.
Jan 8, 2009 9:00 AM

Dec 2007
This is why I like Toradora! Great episode, can't wait for next one. &Minori ftw~
Jan 8, 2009 9:42 AM

Feb 2008
Swiftstylez said:

They did say they loved each other right before Minorin wondered if she was a lesbian ;) Imagine them going in for a kiss there; so good.

Awwwwww. I have to admit, that would be very cute! :]

Ok, seriously: I was shocked when Minorin was questioning her sexuality. I really hoped Ryuuji would give her a long kiss in order to make her realize that she is straight..... but then again, maybe she is not. ;)

Konayuki_Winter said:

Quote for truth!

Leon-Gun said:
Rebella said:
Ryushi said:
Rebella said:

Somehow this Student Council President (or "Amis Twin-sister" as I call her) gives me the "lesbian" vibe. So, maybe Minorin ends up with her! :P

All in all: Awesome episode again 5/5!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

307 by topfloorboss45 »»
Yesterday, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

406 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 30, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

De-JaY - Dec 3, 2008

249 by Matheus050 »»
Jun 29, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by Haemogoblin »»
Jun 21, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1111 by Haemogoblin »»
Jun 21, 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.