Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »
Apr 3, 2013 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
If it ends ill be super sad! I'll miss Natsu and everyone! I hope they continue it!
Apr 3, 2013 7:48 PM

Mar 2013
Ryanna said:
If it ends ill be super sad!

It already ended (on March 30th).
Apr 3, 2013 9:30 PM
Mar 2013
Retarded assholes, learn something, will you?
Hiro - Sensei doesnt intend to end the anime, just cause of some narutards giving low ratings, he made this project with love, not just to get money, if you go to FT WIKI, you will see Hiro himself wanted to make a project which would be watched by anyone, the fact that he ommited the blood part proves that, also many of the characters FT has were some IRL friends or persons Hiro knew, at least their personality, to sum up, the anime doesnt ending, it just TEMPORARILIY STOPPED cause the anime and the manga are pretty close, so they just forward the manga to let FT get some breathing space, expect FT to start pretty damn soon.
Apr 3, 2013 11:07 PM

Apr 2011
Natsu-Sama said:
Hiro - Sensei doesnt intend to end the anime, just cause of some narutards giving low ratings, he made this project with love, not just to get money, if you go to FT WIKI, you will see Hiro himself wanted to make a project which would be watched by anyone, the fact that he ommited the blood part proves that, also many of the characters FT has were some IRL friends or persons Hiro knew, at least their personality, to sum up, the anime doesnt ending, it just TEMPORARILIY STOPPED cause the anime and the manga are pretty close, so they just forward the manga to let FT get some breathing space, expect FT to start pretty damn soon.

Do you even know what kind of ratings we were talking about in this thread? We're talking TV ratings, not MAL ratings. You get TV ratings by tuning into the channel while it's airing and Fairy Tail was doing horribly. A long running shonen needs ratings to continue, they don't make anime just to satisfy people. Also, find some proper sources. FT Wiki can be edited by any person. Also:

RyanSaotome said:
https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/317831936485769217

Google translate:

"I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, thank you a Fairy Tale in the future"

Basically, he's saying that there will still be the rerun and new OVAs that come with manga volumes.

This is from Mashima's twitter account. He didn't mention a continuation anywhere, btw. A continuation is possible, but not confirmed.

P.S. Why am I trying to argue with a troll?
Apr 3, 2013 11:26 PM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
P.S. Why am I trying to argue with a troll?
Yeah that's why I didn't answer.
Apr 4, 2013 12:40 AM

Dec 2007
We're proving things with Google Translate now? WTF.

Look. The reason it says To Be Continued is because Mashima looks like he's winding Fairy Tail down. I mean, the big reason Igneel and the rest vanished had to be because of this current story, which involves the one bad guy every major player in Fairy Tail failed to defeat. I'm thinking since it was so close to catching up, and since this is a natural stopping point all things considered, and since most likely Fairy Tail has maybe a year and a half worth of chapters left in it, it'll be back. The manga will have finished so we'll be getting a concise 25-40 episode thing.

Do I have concrete proof? No. But it seems likely.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 4, 2013 12:44 AM
Jan 2010
^ Yeah, it's not like it hasn't happened before (see Naruto and Naruto: Shippuuden).
Apr 4, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2011
SageShinigami said:

Look. The reason it says To Be Continued is because Mashima looks like he's winding Fairy Tail down. I mean, the big reason Igneel and the rest vanished had to be because of this current story, which involves the one bad guy every major player in Fairy Tail failed to defeat. I'm thinking since it was so close to catching up, and since this is a natural stopping point all things considered, and since most likely Fairy Tail has maybe a year and a half worth of chapters left in it, it'll be back. The manga will have finished so we'll be getting a concise 25-40 episode thing.

1. That was a translation (albeit a weak one, but still gets the basic points correct) of Mashima's twitter account. Note : That is a translation of what Mashima himself wrote.
2. Fairy Tail had horrible ratings. Something long-running shonens need for survival.
3. Anime is a business. If it doesn't profit, it will be axed.
3. The To Be Continued in the anime is a direct adaption of the manga. It wasn't added in to the anime, it was there in the manga as well.
4. Fairy Tail might make a return, I don't know, I can't predict the future. But right now, it seems unlikely due to the low ratings and shit.

Also, here's another post that was made translations of the tweet from different sources:

NeoAnkara said:
This is what I get from my translator that translating from 5 different source (though it have six but one of it doesn't respond).

-Although only "to be continued" can be said now, since the re-broadcast on Thursday and an original continue still more also in new work of OAD, please give me a fairy tale from now on m(_ _)m

-Although be said only "to be continued" now and go な, because even the original continues still even the broadcast on Thursday even the new work of OAD m (__) the m that requests a/the Fairley tail very much even from this

-Because now is not only to be continued, but authorship also rebroadcast Thursday still new OAD, thank from this fairytale you m (_ _) m

-Because, as for the new work of OAD, both the rebroadcast of Thursday and the original continue still more now though "only to be continued" can say; is still m(_ _)m in a fairy tale thanking you in advance

-I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, m thank you a Fairy Tale in the future (__) m
Apr 4, 2013 3:17 AM

Feb 2013
yhunata said:
SageShinigami said:

1. That was a translation (albeit a weak one, but still gets the basic points correct) of Mashima's twitter account. Note : That is a translation of what Mashima himself wrote.
2. Fairy Tail had horrible ratings. Something long-running shonens need for survival.
3. The To Be Continued in the anime is a direct adaption of the manga. It wasn't added in to the anime, it was there in the manga as well.
4. Fairy Tail might make a return, I don't know, I can't predict the future. But right now, it seems unlikely due to the low ratings and shit.

Also, here's another post that was made translations of the tweet from different sources:

NeoAnkara said:
This is what I get from my translator that translating from 5 different source (though it have six but one of it doesn't respond).

-Although only "to be continued" can be said now, since the re-broadcast on Thursday and an original continue still more also in new work of OAD, please give me a fairy tale from now on m(_ _)m

-Although be said only "to be continued" now and go な, because even the original continues still even the broadcast on Thursday even the new work of OAD m (__) the m that requests a/the Fairley tail very much even from this

-Because now is not only to be continued, but authorship also rebroadcast Thursday still new OAD, thank from this fairytale you m (_ _) m

-Because, as for the new work of OAD, both the rebroadcast of Thursday and the original continue still more now though "only to be continued" can say; is still m(_ _)m in a fairy tale thanking you in advance

-I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, m thank you a Fairy Tale in the future (__) m

Wth is Mashima trying to say?!! i guess only Japanese people will know that -__-
why isn't he telling us straight away, if FT will continue after reruns or not?!!
He said fairy tail will continue with reruns etc, but what we really need to know if the series will return after reruns or not. So basically, his so called news wasn't
worth it -__-
trublemakerApr 4, 2013 3:34 AM
Apr 4, 2013 5:06 AM

Apr 2011
trublemaker said:
Wth is Mashima trying to say?!! i guess only Japanese people will know that -__-
why isn't he telling us straight away, if FT will continue after reruns or not?!!
He said fairy tail will continue with reruns etc, but what we really need to know if the series will return after reruns or not. So basically, his so called news wasn't
worth it -__-

What I can make of it is that he is asking the fans to support the re-runs and that there will be OVAs bundled with the manga volumes (continuation of the anime, I think). Not really the best of news, imo (heck, how is that even good news?).
Apr 4, 2013 5:17 AM

Mar 2013
Natsu-Sama said:
-snip-

Fucking retard.
Orix said:
^ Yeah, it's not like it hasn't happened before (see Naruto and Naruto: Shippuuden).

What are you talking about? Naruto Shippuden aired one week after Naruto "ended" in Japan. The split between the series wasn't necessary at all. Same with Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.
Apr 4, 2013 8:06 AM

Feb 2013
yhunata said:
trublemaker said:
worth it -__-

What I can make of it is that he is asking the fans to support the re-runs and that there will be OVAs bundled with the manga volumes (continuation of the anime, I think). Not really the best of news, imo (heck, how is that even good news?).

i know right. that guy's nuts(mashima) -_- HE Cant even differentiate between good news and bad news.
Apr 4, 2013 3:48 PM

Dec 2007
yhunata said:

NeoAnkara said:

I trust people online to translate like I trust the government to know how to fix the economy. That said? I don't care enough about this. We'll know if I'm right or if I'm wrong sooner or later. I love Fairy Tail, but not enough to get into a protracted forum argument for it.

Correction. *I* read Japanese (admittedly not as well as I'd like because I'm lazy), so let's have a go at this:

今は「to be continued」しか言えないけど、OADの新作も木曜日の再放送も原作もまだまだ続きますので、これ からもフェアリーテイルをよろしくお願いします

Right now I can't say anything other than "to be continued" but, [something about an OAD] and there is still the re-broadcast on Thursdays please look forward to more Fairy Tail in the future.

The OAD bit isn't something I care enough about to parse through, but he at least does mention a re-broadcast on Thursdays and definitely says there will be more Fairy Tail in the future. There's no *way* he's talking about the manga.

SageShinigamiApr 4, 2013 3:57 PM
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 4, 2013 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
To be continued. This is not the end, it's a new beginning, Fairy Tail will be airing as normal, fall 2013. Don't worry. - Ishihira Shinji's twitter.
Apr 4, 2013 10:03 PM

Apr 2011
SageShinigami said:
I trust people online to translate like I trust the government to know how to fix the economy. That said? I don't care enough about this. We'll know if I'm right or if I'm wrong sooner or later. I love Fairy Tail, but not enough to get into a protracted forum argument for it.

Correction. *I* read Japanese (admittedly not as well as I'd like because I'm lazy), so let's have a go at this:

今は「to be continued」しか言えないけど、OADの新作も木曜日の再放送も原作もまだまだ続きますので、これ からもフェアリーテイルをよろしくお願いします

Right now I can't say anything other than "to be continued" but, [something about an OAD] and there is still the re-broadcast on Thursdays please look forward to more Fairy Tail in the future.

The OAD bit isn't something I care enough about to parse through, but he at least does mention a re-broadcast on Thursdays and definitely says there will be more Fairy Tail in the future. There's no *way* he's talking about the manga.

I wasn't talking about the manga either.

Yugao said:
To be continued. This is not the end, it's a new beginning, Fairy Tail will be airing as normal, fall 2013. Don't worry. - Ishihira Shinji's twitter.

Definite tweet from his official twitter account or from a fan?
Apr 5, 2013 10:42 PM

Feb 2013
one week has passed since FT ended, and still no news of FT returning after re-runs or not
-_-
Apr 5, 2013 10:44 PM

Nov 2010
trublemaker said:
one week has passed since FT ended, and still no news of FT returning after re-runs or not
-_-
Don't expect anything until after or right before the reruns end.
Apr 6, 2013 12:10 AM
Jan 2013
I find it so strange that they would end in the center of, potentially, the best arcs fairy tail has seen since it started...things were finally getting darker and less kiddy! For the first time in a while I was actually excited for this weeks episode and then got really confused when I realized last weeks episode was the last!!

I don't even care if it just comes back with like 3 or 4 episodes to wrap up this arc and then ends again I just want to know what the hell happened! >.<
Apr 6, 2013 2:04 AM

Apr 2011
Goliath117 said:
I find it so strange that they would end in the center of, potentially, the best arcs fairy tail has seen since it started...things were finally getting darker and less kiddy! For the first time in a while I was actually excited for this weeks episode and then got really confused when I realized last weeks episode was the last!!

I don't even care if it just comes back with like 3 or 4 episodes to wrap up this arc and then ends again I just want to know what the hell happened! >.<

Ratings were horrible, anime too close to the manga. They had no choice but to stop. Fillers would've led to an original ending and that would've sealed the fate of Fairy Tail. Unlike other long-running shonen like Naruto Shippuden, Toriko and One Piece, Fairy Tail's anime isn't considered a success business wise.
Apr 6, 2013 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
Goliath117 said:

yup, i agree wid u on dat. The current arc was the best since FT had started, everything was in place, and the story was getting better and better with each episode.
Apr 6, 2013 6:41 AM

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
trublemaker said:
-_-

so your saying... FT fans have to wait for about a year(since they are airing 1 episode/week with a total of 52 episodes) until there is any news about it returning after re-runs ?!
Apr 6, 2013 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
Natsu-Sama said:

No.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 6, 2013 7:31 AM

Nov 2010
trublemaker said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trublemaker said:
-_-

so your saying... FT fans have to wait for about a year(since they are airing 1 episode/week with a total of 52 episodes) until there is any news about it returning after re-runs ?!
I don't know the exact time, but I wouldn't be holding my breath right now. It seems too early to be expecting an announcement, hell an announcment might only come after the reruns are over, it might be years after the reruns end, or maybe even never at all.
Apr 6, 2013 7:40 AM
Jun 2012
i wonder in years to come, would i still be watching anime? let alone fairy tail
Apr 6, 2013 10:25 AM

Nov 2012
Natsu-Sama said:
Holy fuck, I never laughed this hard in a while.
Apr 6, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2012
Alexx_ said:
Natsu-Sama said:
Holy fuck, I never laughed this hard in a while.

The name kinda adds on to the hilarious post.
Apr 6, 2013 2:33 PM
Apr 2013
I'm really unaware of what all these arguments are all about. But I jst hope that FT will continue, I liked it sooo much:>
Apr 6, 2013 8:10 PM

Feb 2013
Natsu-Sama said:

Natsu-sama says FT will return 'soon' -very assuring indeed -_-
Apr 6, 2013 8:11 PM

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
trublemaker said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trublemaker said:
-_-

I don't know the exact time, but I wouldn't be holding my breath right now. It seems too early to be expecting an announcement, hell an announcment might only come after the reruns are over, it might be years after the reruns end, or maybe even never at all.

Damn, if its gonna take such a long time to return, then it rather start from the first episode if it does...
Apr 7, 2013 6:15 PM

Oct 2011
I Think that they are going to do a Naruto thing and just make the sequel super epic. The preview looks really amazing!

I really want to know who she is talking about! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!
Apr 8, 2013 2:28 AM

Mar 2010
Why would there be re-run if they don't intend to continue the show, why just put it in our faces and said fucking FT ended get a life.
I really hope they continue the series in the future, there is a hole on my Saturday now.
Apr 8, 2013 4:13 AM

Apr 2011
FisherMan said:
Why would there be re-run if they don't intend to continue the show, why just put it in our faces and said fucking FT ended get a life.
I really hope they continue the series in the future, there is a hole on my Saturday now.

Soul Eater got cancelled and got re-runs as well. I don't think it's that unusual (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Apr 8, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
FisherMan said:

Soul Eater got cancelled and got re-runs as well. I don't think it's that unusual (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Yeah other anime got reruns and haven't continued, Katanagatari is in one now. Though we probably don't know of the bulk of them, there's no point since we already have the eps and we don't watch Japanese tv so it won't affect us.
Apr 8, 2013 8:09 AM
Jun 2012
Well the anime adaption was not that good so no surprise here.
Apr 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Dec 2007
Looking forward to the rage if the series comes back.
Apr 11, 2013 3:35 PM
Jan 2012
look i dont care about anyone's opinions on whether or not fairy tail is going to be continued or not. i just want to know where i can get the official statement on the hiatus/cancellation of fairy tail. btw i really enjoyed fairy tail even if the animation quality wasnt great. i really want it to continue so i just want a website i can go to where i can find official info and facts on the ending of the fairy tail animation.
Apr 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2009
Ah if they make an Fairy tail season 2 or whatever, let them. Ain't really going to affect me seeing I'm now watching Fairy tail. Personally I am glad they ended the anime, I don't want to see another crappy anime having over 600 eps or something.
"Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? Snow is white, because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be."
Apr 26, 2013 3:08 AM

May 2012
Phlaxyflax said:
Fairy Tail really did drop in quality towards the end. They exchanged the really awesome fairy tail scenes, that made me watch fairy tail in the first place, with "fun/joke" acts..

For example the latest arc with the tournament:
* They took away Jellal's really sweet looking spell he was about to cast.
* Natsu's attack on Sabertooth should've gone further to be like the "real fairy tail" feeling.
* Laxus vs Raven Tail, what kind of lame fight were that? Laxus doing nothing more than jumping around with lightning fists and knocking the top fighters out with one punch.. and Ivan.. throwing the same "gingerbread man on a paper roll" spell all the time.. he can create an illusion of the fight for the entire audience but can't do anything else against Laxus than gingerbread men?
* The Natsu, Gajeel vs Sting, Rogue fight were kind of lame as well, no feeling in it at all.

And now when they end it, they show us this really dark future filled with death and despair and end it like that. Where the hell did they keep that? It looked amazing. Hoping for a new season that will revive the anime back to its former glory.
The manga was even worse although the artwork is much better... The worst fights come near the end of GMG But idk if new arc already started or something but it's pretty interesting atm
Apr 26, 2013 4:22 AM

Jan 2013
Re-run.. Will include all 200 or 300 episodes that were released til now? ._. if this is true, we will wait years for fairy tail's retun .__.
sigh..
Apr 26, 2013 5:00 AM

Apr 2011
wishkas said:
Re-run.. Will include all 200 or 300 episodes that were released til now? ._. if this is true, we will wait years for fairy tail's retun .__.

175 episodes. As for a return, after that recent news of Rave x Fairy Tail crossover OVA, there is a chance of Rave making a comeback with Fairy Tail following after it finishes. Of course, only if the OVA is successful. Otherwise, it's most likely to the trash can for the both of them.
Apr 26, 2013 8:40 AM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
wishkas said:

175 episodes. As for a return, after that recent news of Rave x Fairy Tail crossover OVA, there is a chance of Rave making a comeback with Fairy Tail following after it finishes. Of course, only if the OVA is successful. Otherwise, it's most likely to the trash can for the both of them.
Isn't the Fairy Tail rerun supposed to be called Fairy Tail Best? Meaning that it will only show select episodes that they think can interest people enough so they can make a continuation.
Apr 27, 2013 3:32 AM

Apr 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
wishkas said:

Isn't the Fairy Tail rerun supposed to be called Fairy Tail Best? Meaning that it will only show select episodes that they think can interest people enough so they can make a continuation.

Possible. But it's gonna be kinda stupid to re-start FT just a few months after cancelling it, won't it? They should wait at least 2-3 years to make sure they have enough material and those 2-3 years can be used for a Rave reboot (hopefully).
Apr 27, 2013 5:15 AM
Dec 2012
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
wishkas said:

Possible. But it's gonna be kinda stupid to re-start FT just a few months after cancelling it, won't it? They should wait at least 2-3 years to make sure they have enough material and those 2-3 years can be used for a Rave reboot (hopefully).
Fairy Tail manga is in its last arc now although we don't know how long it will take for it to end. If the re-runs exclude fillers, I think maybe it can last for about 2 years and maybe the manga has already ended by that time, giving them time to continue it.

I really hope the cross-over with Rave indicate that we will get a Rave reboot (hopefully not by studio Deen or A-1) sometime later. Rave is one of the manga that managed to left me feeling empty after finishing it, and its only downside, the art can be fixed with these modern anime art so I'm really hoping to see some news about it >.<
Apr 27, 2013 5:25 AM
Jul 2012
^ Do you have proof that it's in it's last arc? They still have things shit they can cover such as the dark guilds, etc. I think FT can go on for a few more years.
Apr 27, 2013 1:33 PM
Apr 2012
lol no...There's a ton left that needs to be explained. This manga arc is only the dragon/rogue invasion. They still need to explain the whole thing about Zeref and Acnologia. There's still a few other major dark guilds that remain to talk about like Tarterus. And other stuff. That's like 3-4 arcs right there. So yeah, a few more years.
Apr 27, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
KnightofTitania said:
lol no...There's a ton left that needs to be explained. This manga arc is only the dragon/rogue invasion. They still need to explain the whole thing about Zeref and Acnologia. There's still a few other major dark guilds that remain to talk about like Tarterus. And other stuff. That's like 3-4 arcs right there. So yeah, a few more years.

> Mentions dragons
>> pretends Zeref and Acnologia aren't tied up in all that, despite them *already mentioning it*

Sure guy.

The only thing that can't be wrapped up in the current arc is the dark guild thing, and that could be dropped.
Apr 27, 2013 2:16 PM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
wishkas said:

Well I never said that they are going to just show like 6 episodes. It will probably cut out all filler and mostly show stuff from the main arcs, you know try to cut out all the slower episodes. It will probably end in 6 months to a year. They probably need to get new people interested in the show or else they might not continue it and it doesn't look like the movie helped them at all.

SageShinigami said:
Looking forward to the rage if the series comes back.
You do that even though it may never come, while non Fairy Tail fans have already basked in the sorrow of the fans after having one of their shows cancelled.
May 6, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2007
The anime caught up with the manga material, it used up 300 of the 329 chapters.

I don't think a proper Fairy Tail anime TV series will happen anytime soon, probably in about 3 years. However, I reckon the short stories, spin-offs and possible filler movies will be made to keep interest in the Fairy Tail franchise.
May 9, 2013 4:08 AM

May 2013
Why Is FairyTail gonna end??????!!!
May 9, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2010
merhope12 said:
Why Is FairyTail gonna end??????!!!
Why did Fairy Tail end you mean. People say it's because it got too close to the manga and it had low tv ratings.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »

More topics from this board

» 'Summer Pockets' Reveals Main Cast, Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by ZoeEbe »»
5 minutes ago

» 'Ooi! Tonbo' Gets Second Season in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

2 by Reecey91 »»
5 hours ago

» Summer 2024 Simulcast List

Snow - Yesterday

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Raise wa Tanin ga Ii' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, Fall 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

11 by SinisterDeezNuts »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Yotsuba Keishou-hen' Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by Mr_Bodewig »»
Yesterday, 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.