Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 125 126 [127] 128 129 » ... Last »
May 11, 2013 2:32 AM

Apr 2011
HurricaneSweet said:
yhunata said:
MajinSaga said:
HurricaneSweet said:
Never watched Bebop but it's overrated as hell

How the fuck can it be overrated if you haven't watched it?

This is MAL, where anime are overrated just because it's rated higher than your favorite anime.

lol actually SnK and death note are rated higher though :P

Speaking of which, SnK is underrated

By SnK, you mean Shingeki no Kyojin, right? It has an 8.87 and is no way underrated.
May 11, 2013 2:35 AM
Sep 2012
it deserves way more than 8.87
May 11, 2013 2:47 AM
Mar 2011
HurricaneSweet said:
it deserves way more than 8.87

no it does not
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 11, 2013 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
over rated : Everyone have their own taste :) and i respect every fan base so i can't decide

under rated : http://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom the anime/manga "Kingdom" but the manga much much better & everything about the manga "perfect"
May 11, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2012
I find SAO overrated.
May 11, 2013 7:00 AM

Jun 2012
Cowboy Bebop is one of the most overrated animes I've ever seen. Well actually I never even could bring myself to finish it. Spoiled the ending for myself intentionally after that.

The only reason what kept me going on was all the hype about how good it is. Each episode I hoped: "Ok, maybe something will happen now." How wrong I were. For 23 EPs I watched I'd give Bebop score of 6/10.

And no, this is not a troll attempt. It's my honest opinion.
May 11, 2013 7:10 AM

Nov 2012
Friyn said:
Cowboy Bebop is one of the most overrated animes I've ever seen. Well actually I never even could bring myself to finish it. Spoiled the ending for myself intentionally after that.

The only reason what kept me going on was all the hype about how good it is. Each episode I hoped: "Ok, maybe something will happen now." How wrong I were. For 23 EPs I watched I'd give Bebop score of 6/10.

Still not sure if serous.
May 11, 2013 7:12 AM

Oct 2010
3nvy said:
Jesus. Cowboy bebop fans are fucking rabid. ]Did you guys really enjoy the episode with the monster fridge fungus? I love cowboy bebop, but it's a bit overrated.

Wait what, is that even a question.

One of the top five if you ask me.
May 11, 2013 7:59 AM

Jun 2012
johnyjohny said:
Friyn said:

Well, I am unfortunately.
May 11, 2013 11:52 AM
Sep 2009
Don't know what all of you are talking about, Cowboy Bebop is one of the best shows ever made.

Anyway, I think Koi Kaze is underrated, although I can see why people might not like it. It is about incest, after all. Although I think it is ironic that some implied incest anime are ranked much higher, especially when they make a joke or fetish of the issue.

As for overrated anime Mirai Nikki, Angel Beats, and Sword Art Online are the most overblown shows to come out recently. xxxHolic is fairly overrated, especially since there are so many better shows of its type out there.

Shingeki no Kyojin is more over-hyped than overrated, because it is really fucking good. Still, I'm not quite as amazed by it as most seem to be, and I'm wary of exclaiming that it is 'one of the best anime EVAAAR!' when it is only a fifth of the way through.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
May 11, 2013 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
mirai nikki is waaayy overrated..
As for underrated,i think true tears is one good example..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 11, 2013 12:59 PM

Sep 2012
Overrated- Gintama, Naruto, DBZ, Fairy Tale, Bleach.

people that call any of those the big four, should just go die.

Underrated- everything else.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
May 11, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2010
DeskTopHero said:

everybody calls them that hahaha :D (and think with 320 pages in this topic it has been said that these shouldn't even count hahaha)

but giving it a 10? ok that's overrated haha the bigger it gets the more flaws come out ;) (or stick out)
May 11, 2013 1:07 PM

Apr 2011
DeskTopHero said:

Before telling others to go die, you might wanna learn some math first. That's five, not four. And three of those aren't even in the Big Three.
May 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
Friyn said:
johnyjohny said:
Friyn said:

hmm? still didn't believe him.
May 11, 2013 2:13 PM
Mar 2011
yhunata said:
DeskTopHero said:

Before telling others to go die, you might wanna learn some math first. That's five, not four. And three of those aren't even in the Big Three.

more like one is four are not
lookung at covers of WSJ of late
the big three are

in this order
One piece
Toriko
Naruto
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

May 11, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:
Friyn said:
johnyjohny said:
Friyn said:

hmm? still didn't believe him.

People have different opinions ?
May 11, 2013 2:26 PM
Feb 2012
DateYutaka said:

the big three are
in this order
One piece
Toriko
Naruto

That's right, Bleach ended! Where the hell have I been? (... holy shit, it was a year ago?! Totally forgot! I blame Toonami.) ... not fully interested in this Toriko show or fad.
May 11, 2013 2:31 PM
Mar 2011
filmftw1 said:
DateYutaka said:

the big three are
in this order
One piece
Toriko
Naruto

That's right, Bleach ended! Where the hell have I been? (... holy shit, it was a year ago?! Totally forgot! I blame Toonami.) ... not fully interested in this Toriko show or fad.

no im talking abot the manga and calling any of them the big three TV anime is a Joke of the highest end
when only Onpiece gets close to the top 7
BLEACH got top nine at best
Naruto got gets under one piece and even precure out scoure it

May 11, 2013 8:38 PM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
DeskTopHero said:

Perhaps before you go tell people to "learn some math first" you should learn some grammar first. I distinctively said any of those series, which I obviously posted 5 since they're the most mainstream ones out there, could be the " Big Four".

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
May 11, 2013 8:42 PM
May 2013
DeskTopHero said:
yhunata said:
DeskTopHero said:

Perhaps before you go tell people to "learn some math first" you should learn some grammar first. I distinctively said any of those series, which I obviously posted 5 since they're the most mainstream ones out there, could be the " Big Four".

"Mainstream" go back to your cave you hipster
May 11, 2013 8:45 PM

Nov 2010
DeskTopHero said:
yhunata said:
DeskTopHero said:

Gintama isn't mainstream and it's Fairy Tail. And who the hell ever called any of them the big four?
May 11, 2013 8:48 PM
May 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
DeskTopHero said:
yhunata said:
DeskTopHero said:

Gintama isn't mainstream and it's Fairy Tail. And who the hell ever called any of them the big four?

Oh! Oh! I know! Retards who don't know what the fuck they are talking about
May 11, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2012
yhunata said:
DeskTopHero said:

Ouch
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 11, 2013 10:12 PM
Mar 2011
Right the main thing i call overrated are as Follows
Kanon 2006 - to far a departure from the source in both art and story

Madoka - Yt has not down what a lot of other anime in its genre did not do before it sub par casting even worse music queen is still queen and will always be in every conceivable way know to man form Tv ratings to sales hell over all as a franchise this did worse than precure[and nothing will ever beat sailor moon] in Tv Sales and in Multimedia Mark

Gundam W fine music Casting top notch the writing was abismall to say the least this along with g almost killed gundam and plus it over shadowed two much better au gundam in the 90's for reason on i never could explain.

Cowboy bebop - Top cast in Japanese and and top class music Minus it did so poor in ratings and sales

May 11, 2013 10:14 PM
Nov 2012
Overrated this season: Attack on Titan
Underrated this season: The Severing Crime Edge
May 17, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2013
I was just wondering what everyone's list of underrated anime was. Cause i was going through many sites and found some of my favorite anime, really low in polls as far as popularity. For instance, valkyria chronicles is highly underrated and it's such a good show. Just want to see what people's opinions are on underrated anime on this site. As a side benefit, i can watch the ones you guys pick. Just looking for something new.
May 17, 2013 11:43 AM

Jun 2011
Infinite Ryvius

And anything made pre-1990. People just rate it lower because they are retards that can't stand "dated animation"
May 17, 2013 11:47 AM

Jun 2012
This is kind of a tough question, because you might end up getting a lot of bad anime that appealed to one person for a very specific reason but that nobody else would like very much.

I don't have a list, but a couple that come to mind are C, Sukitte ii na yo, Mayoi Neko Overrun! and... what else. I guess that's all I can think of right now.

I guess I'll add a retroactive second for Tasogare Otome x Amnesia which I thought was brilliant, but I don't think it was that poorly rated. I guess it's a little lower than I think it deserves though.
May 17, 2013 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
Currently airing RDG: Red Data Girl
Code:Breaker
Muv-Luv
Sacred Seven
Aquarion Evol
AKB0048 First Stage
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin (Score 8,56 but it's not as popular as it should be)

(Post in almost every thread you created damn i am sick, BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD)
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 17, 2013 11:49 AM
May 2010
Ookamikakushi - Same author that wrote Higurashi. Just because it wasn't on par with Higurashi, people treated it like shit.

Yosuga no Sora -
fags said:
OMG INCEST ME NO LIKEY!

Shinsekai Yori - slow start > dropped.
NubScrubzMay 17, 2013 11:56 AM
May 17, 2013 11:53 AM

Oct 2012
Houndthree said:

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin (Score 8,56 but it's not as popular as it should be)

OK, gonna use this reasoning as well.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Score: 9.05, but it's quite unpopular)
May 17, 2013 11:58 AM

Sep 2012
Hmmm, I have a few, i think i generally rate stuff lower than average anyway but there are a few things i thought should have higher average scores...

Bartender

Suzuka (This show sure was frustrating at times, but it wasn't kidding when it said it was a drama.)

Working!!
May 17, 2013 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
Smirking said:
And anything made pre-1990. People just rate it lower because they are retards that can't stand "dated animation"

Indeed.

People need to spend a little less time worrying about what they see and more time worrying about what's actually going on.

Rizzles said:
Suzuka (This show sure was frustrating at times, but it wasn't kidding when it said it was a drama.)
At times?
Hero: "I love you!"
Heroine: "I hate everything except track!"
Hero: "But I love you!"

-A minor injury occurs-
"I'll never be able to do anything ever again ever! My life is ruined!"

I don't think I've ever been more angry at a goddamn TV show, outside of maybe Peach Girl.
Negative-TravisMay 17, 2013 12:04 PM
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
May 17, 2013 12:02 PM

Oct 2010
natssuu said:
Houndthree said:

OK, gonna use this reasoning as well.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Score: 9.05, but it's quite unpopular)

Don't use his reasoning, LotGH is rated highly on every site, and rightly so.
May 17, 2013 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
Chirin no Suzu comes to mind.
May 17, 2013 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
Negative-Travis said:
Smirking said:

Indeed.

People need to spend a little less time worrying about what they see and more time worrying about what's actually going on.

This is so true.

I'm watching Sasami-san@Ganbaranai now and it seems much better than it's score suggests.
May 2012
LanaNi said:

Shinsekai Yori - slow start > dropped.

Jun 2012
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Furiko
Now and Then, Here and There
Pale Cocoon
Texhnolyze

Not a list of very underrated anime, but still underrated on MAL.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

May 17, 2013 12:05 PM
Jan 2013
Sasami-San @Ganbaranai
May 17, 2013 12:12 PM

Feb 2013
Smirking said:
Infinite Ryvius

This + Noir.
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
May 17, 2013 12:15 PM

Oct 2012
Future War 198X-nen

Its understandable why its underrated since there aren't any completed English subs. Even so, its one of the best political war dramas i've ever seen especially considering it doesn't need to rely on fantasy or science-fiction.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
May 17, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
Btooom and Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood).
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 17, 2013 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
GypaetusBarbatus said:
Future War 198X-nen

Its understandable why its underrated since there aren't any completed English subs. Even so, its one of the best political war dramas i've ever seen especially considering it doesn't need to rely on fantasy or science-fiction.

I'd really like to see the dub version in full.

Partly because of the way the dub was done, but mostly because of Rush.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
May 17, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
School Days
May 17, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2011
Bartender and Aoki Densetsu Shoot!
May 17, 2013 1:37 PM

Oct 2011
Casshern Sins and ... Shool Days
May 17, 2013 1:38 PM

Nov 2012
Rahxephon
Zegapain
Bokura ga Ita
Itazura na Kiss
Aishiteruze Baby
Nadesico
Blue Gender
Kare Kano
Kurenai
Suzuka
Aoki Densetsu Shoot
Dear Boys
Chrome Shelled Regios
Fushigi Yuugi
Jyu Oh Sei
Lamune
Flame of Recca
Banner of the Stars
Tears to Tiara
Utawarerumono

And so on....
May 17, 2013 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
Smirking said:

This X 1000, I can't say it enough, old anime is not crap.

Also on my list of underrated anime is Paprika, almost any anime fan I talk to has never heard of it, even though it was amazing, and was later expanded upon by Paranoia Agent, although Paprika was much less disturbing.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira wasn't bad just because it wasn't violent.

Most people hate on Rozen Maiden Overture

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan was hilarious, albeit somewhat repetitive.

Ergo Proxy is another one that most people have never heard of, but it's good in a dark psychological way.

Pluto the manga series

Most people Dismiss Seikon no Qwaser as being nothing but boobs, but the plot was actually pretty good, I really liked the whole elements thing going on, and when I was a kid I actually had a comic book idea that was basically like this without all the boobs.

Now, while it isn't specifically what this thread was about, I'm going to point out some overrated anime.

Every popular shonen anime cash cow franchise. No soul eater doesn't count, they never sold out.

Fooly Cooly, it was kinda stupid.

Astro boy

All that Moe genre crap, Lucky Star and K-on! in particular. It's okay to have a series with moe characters, but a show about nothing but moe is just bad.
Humans, glad I'm not one of them
May 17, 2013 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
mawaxid said:
Btooom and Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood).

Wait what? People hate on Btooom!? Who? It was a very novel concept that everyone I know who has seen it enjoyed.
Humans, glad I'm not one of them
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 125 126 [127] 128 129 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What ruins an anime? ( 1 2 )

TheRealClutch - Sep 28

87 by _AsHin_ »»
2 minutes ago

» ☀️Summer 2024: OP/ ED of the Season & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nirererin - Oct 6

207 by UberBat »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you enjoy seeing anime characters suffer?

Ejrodiew - 6 hours ago

20 by _AsHin_ »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you consider yourself a honorary Japanese?

Dragevard - 8 hours ago

31 by Guilmon1 »»
22 minutes ago

» Favorite anime girl school uniform

VampireSylphy - Oct 19

22 by juanlqr »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.