Forum Settings
Forums

Character you like but is hated by the majority fans (EDIT: Guys, please at least try to discuss).

New
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2013 8:50 AM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:
I like Lambo from Hitman reborn ( all versions).

I love Lambo too I find his voice funny, don't get why people say he is annoying he is just a kid he is supposed to be like that.
I think he is hilarious xD

Jun 4, 2013 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
Hmm, obviously Shinji Ikari comes to mind. I've stated over and over in these forums that I like him as a character. I won't say Asuka, because I don't really think she's all that disliked, and was honestly kind of surprised some people brought her up.

I actually don't mind Sakura Hirano from Naruto either,I think she gets a lot of unnecessary hate and, from what I've seen I found her actions to be pretty easy to understand. I think Kishimoto should use her a lot more though in actual battles, I kind of feel he dropped the ball there.

Also, I'll put Emiya Shirou up there as well but mainly because of the VN. Is it cheating? Yeah, but he went through some very interesting character arcs. If this was portrayed in a well done adaptation, perhaps he'd get a bit more credit.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 4, 2013 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Kikyo from Inuyasha
Am I the only person that love this character?
Jun 4, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
Mik0 said:
Kikyo from Inuyasha
Am I the only person that love this character?
+1
You're not alone.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 4, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2009
Every k-on girl. Also, L. I hate L. Srsly, i dont know why people love him. I hate him beyond everything.
I shall live a hundred lives in a thousand worlds
Jun 4, 2013 9:16 AM

Nov 2012
tsudecimo said:
johnyjohny said:
I like Lambo from Hitman reborn ( all versions).

I love Lambo too I find his voice funny, don't get why people say he is annoying he is just a kid he is supposed to be like that.
I think he is hilarious xD

Lol and here i thought you where my rival.
Jun 4, 2013 9:29 AM

Oct 2010
AshranQ said:
Every k-on girl. Also, L. I hate L. Srsly, i dont know why people love him. I hate him beyond everything.

Wrong thread dude.
Jun 4, 2013 9:52 AM
Sep 2010
Tate Yuuichi (Mai-HiME)
It seems nearly the entire fandom hates this guy for no proper reason. Just because he's the main characters love interest and you'd rather have her for yourself (sadlife) is no reason to hate him. Some also say he's "useless" which is complete bullshit; Unlike most of the main cast he has no super powers and he still does more good than most while still being very human.

Sergay Wáng (Mai-Otome)
Same as Tate, gets hate because the main character falls in love with him and because he's not superman (again, he does more good stuff than you should expect from him, given his position). He also gets hate because his adopted daughter falls in love with him, as if that's his fault (again, he handles this well enough while his daughter doesn't).

Doesn't help that a lot of people are fanboys who blindly hate anything that isn't yuri.
Jun 4, 2013 10:22 AM

Sep 2012
Louise
Kirino
Yuki
Shinji

You know what they're from.
Jun 4, 2013 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
Youhei Sunohara from Clannad.

I think he's worth way more than Okazaki.
Jun 4, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
Piramyd said:

I think he's worth way more than Okazaki.

I have to agree with you there.

Someone said:
Mei: Another

How is she not liked by the majority fans? My friend and I love her!
Jun 4, 2013 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
Joffrey...
Jun 4, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
Who hates Misaki Mei?
Say it.
I dare you mdf.I double dare you to say it.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 4, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2012
The first ones that come to mind are Yuki, Shu, and Suzaku.

Piramyd said:
People don't like Sunohara?

I never liked him more that Tomoya, but I still really liked him. I've never seen anybody hate on him though..
Jun 4, 2013 1:59 PM

Jul 2008
Mayuri Shiina.
Before coming to this thread, I had no idea that people didn't like her. HOW? She's frickin adorable, this is not up for debate.

Suzaku Kururugi
He's a dumbass, but I love him for it. Don't ask me why.
Jun 4, 2013 2:00 PM
Jul 2012
Kamina I just don't understand why people hate him so much. He has the most greatest speeches ever.
Jun 4, 2013 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
GoldenBRS said:
Kamina I just don't understand why people hate him so much. He has the most greatest speeches ever.

They do?
He is the 13th most Favorited character on this site,
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jun 4, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2013
Makishima Shougo
Jun 4, 2013 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
GoldenBRS said:

Um...he was the most popular character in that anime.

he's also one of the most popular characters ever.
Jun 4, 2013 2:03 PM
Jul 2012
Num1dad_Asura said:
GoldenBRS said:

They do?
He is the 13th most Favorited character on this site,

Look at some discussion post in it. They has some including the last part.
Jun 4, 2013 2:08 PM

May 2013
Shinji (NGE), Yui (AG!), and Suzaku (CG)
Jun 4, 2013 2:10 PM
Apr 2010
Makoto from School Days.
At least he wasn't a pussy. He just got some.
Jun 4, 2013 2:10 PM

Aug 2012
I forgot to mention.. no, I didn't realize they were hated until now

Kirino, and Yuki.
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 4, 2013 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
No. 6 - Safu
FMA - Winry (Although she doesn't have AS many haters these days)
Kimi to Boku - Masaki

Y'know, those female characters that people tend to hate because they "get in the way of teh yaoiz".
Which is ridiculous. I don't understand the hate towards Winry and Safu in particular; they're incredibly strong female characters who took action into their own hands when it was necessary. With Masaki I can sort of understand why people don't like her (her attitude is a little.. much sometimes), but I still find her very interesting as a character, and I've enjoyed seeing her develop throughout the series. It's kind of one of those "I don't like you as a person but I LOVE you as a character" things with her.
Jun 4, 2013 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
Alois Trancy from Black Butler, Yui from Angel Beats, and Kirino from OreImo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2013 4:46 PM

Jan 2013
Sakura from Naruto, she gets so much hate that it's pathetic. They say she is useless, but I don't see how a doctor can be useless, she has saved many lives and now she can kick ass.
Please understand.
Jun 4, 2013 4:48 PM
Feb 2012
GoldenBRS said:

I think you've got the wrong dude.
Jun 4, 2013 5:31 PM

Mar 2013
i like shinji ikari from the evangelion franchise. i know he is a whinny bitch but i still like him.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jun 4, 2013 8:07 PM

Oct 2009
Nagisa from Clannad. She is hands down my favorite character on that show and I feel like I can relate to her more than any of the other characters.
Jun 4, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2010
Yuno. I don't like mirai nikki that much but for some reason I still liked Yuno. I can understand why she is hated though
Jun 4, 2013 8:46 PM

Sep 2012
Parasprite said:
Yuno. I don't like mirai nikki that much but for some reason I still liked Yuno. I can understand why she is hated though
The majority of Mirai Nikki fans love Yuno though.

Unless you meant anime fans in general..
Jun 4, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
Gasai Yuno

Amano Yukiteru

Ouma Shu

Kirigaya Kazuto (Kirito)
Hidden_JokerJun 4, 2013 8:50 PM
Jun 4, 2013 8:48 PM
Jul 2012
EmeraldSlate said:
GoldenBRS said:

No I don't have the wrong dude.

Here is what I talking about
http://myanimelist.net/character/2075/Kamina
Jun 4, 2013 8:48 PM

Sep 2012
Ooh yes.

Kirito and Asuna. Loved them both.

Didn't much care for little sister. But didn't hate her.
Jun 4, 2013 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Ooh yes.

Kirito and Asuna. Loved them both.

Didn't much care for little sister. But didn't hate her.

Kirito x Asuna...was amazing.

Suguha wasnt that bad either. It was kind of unfair to her, since all the viewers were made to love Asuna at that point in the show.
Jun 4, 2013 8:49 PM

Oct 2012
GoldenBRS said:
EmeraldSlate said:
GoldenBRS said:

No I don't have the wrong dude.

Here is what I talking about
http://myanimelist.net/character/2075/Kamina

HE HAS OVER 9000 FAVORITES!!!1111

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 4, 2013 8:50 PM

Mar 2011
Near lol. My friends literally yelled at me and questioned my judgemnt when I said that "the obvious
replacement", was the only character I really liked in Death Note.
Jun 4, 2013 8:54 PM

Feb 2012
Edefrem said:
Near lol. My friends literally yelled at me and questioned my judgemnt when I said that "the obvious
I find that like saying you like Specter Graham better than Ladd Russo.
Jun 4, 2013 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
Edefrem said:

Wow. You're the first person to ever say that.
Jun 4, 2013 8:59 PM

Mar 2011
Slyr3do0n said:
Lolol, good point there, but I personally didn't see Near as a "rehash" or anything, and was the only character, to me, that didn't pull stupid shit.

GaeaRage94 said:

Wow. You're the first person to ever say that.

;A;
I know, and I've endured a lot of crap because of it.
Jun 4, 2013 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
Edefrem said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Lolol, good point there, but I personally didn't see Near as a "rehash" or anything, and was the only character, to me, that didn't pull stupid shit.
What about Naomi Misora? Or her fiancé?

I get sad every time I think about those two. I wish she had a bigger role in the story.
Jun 4, 2013 9:01 PM

Jun 2010
Red_Keys said:
Parasprite said:
The majority of Mirai Nikki fans love Yuno though.

Unless you meant anime fans in general..

I meant fans in general. I didn't really even like the series but I liked her xD
Jun 4, 2013 9:05 PM

Mar 2011
Red_Keys said:
Edefrem said:
Slyr3do0n said:
What about Naomi Misora? Or her fiancé?

I get sad every time I think about those two. I wish she had a bigger role in the story.
She was a pretty cool character. And like you said, if she had a bigger story she probably would have been a favorite of mine, lol I remember I watched that episode with my friend years ago and after the scene where she
we both exploded cursing out and declaring our hate for Light. Ughhh, I don't like Light. L was okay, really funny. Mello just made me uncomfortable. And the list goes one. But yeah, Near, Ryuk, Mr. Yagami, Naomi and Matsuda were to only good characters to me.
Jun 4, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2011
I don't know which one of my favorite characters is hated by majority fans. Probably because I have god taste.

I guess Asuka from Evangelion for obvious reasons and for obvious reasons why I like her.

Jun 4, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Tsunayoshi - I think people dislike him because he's indecisive and stuff? I don't really mind since he gets stronger is more determined near the end
That's the thing, it took him till the end and then the anime ended. So he was only the most determined at the last 5 episodes of a 203 episode series.
Jun 4, 2013 10:46 PM
Feb 2013
Makoto from school days, hes far different from all the male leads in a school anime, which makes him unique and quite honestly which makes school days worth watching.
Jun 4, 2013 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
I liked Gendou Ikari, in fact I'm rather fond of him. He only has 451 favorites on this site and people love to hate him on the internet. I personally believe that he had justification for everything he did, and he tried to fix things the only way he knew how. The thing that either makes you like him, pity him, or hate him is whether or not you think his reasons are justification enough for what he did. The people who hate him don't think his actions were justified.

I must admit, I don't really pay attention to what fan-bases think and so I might be wrong.
removed-userJun 4, 2013 10:53 PM
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Could reused Anime themes/cover music likely become a trend in Anime in the near future?

Jozuwa-_- - 5 hours ago

14 by Jozuwa-_- »»
16 minutes ago

» Anime that are lost media ( 1 2 )

Maciusiek - Apr 27, 2021

51 by jal90 »»
17 minutes ago

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season? ( 1 2 )

Zakatsuki_ - Yesterday

55 by pk8list »»
23 minutes ago

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024? ( 1 2 )

thewiru - Sep 20

58 by Serafos »»
26 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

61 by Lucifrost »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.