Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2007 12:08 AM

Mar 2007
queenofautumn said:
Can somebody call L? Or is that...euhm I mean were those body parts L? Let's call Near....
Yeez this person could spell everything except desu right.... what a moron... I hope he is found easily...instead of after 5 years :S

You called, 'sup?
Oct 2, 2007 12:41 AM

Apr 2007
This year just keeps getting even more phucked up by the week ... what the hell is wrong with people? I've heard of lesser deaths coming from violent games ... these guys are giving anime a bad name ...

Oct 2, 2007 1:03 AM

May 2007
quakis said:
All we're missing now is a woman on a bike, hitting random people in the head with a guitar. D=

zomfg as hard as i may have lol'd at the subject i lol'd eve HARDER at that XD
Oct 2, 2007 1:28 AM
Sep 2006
Sobzob said:
HAY GAIS, I'M KIRA!

No, I'm Kira. :)
Oct 2, 2007 1:38 AM

Aug 2007
Well, in that case I'm Misa Misa. Haha. NOW who wants to be Kira?

And FLCL ftw. I'll go get a orange vespa, and bring my guitar with me. :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 2, 2007 1:42 AM

Feb 2007
omg when this continues with anime influences/refferences, just beware from:
- Triangle relationsships (or more), you can be stabbed to death
- Girls who claim to be angels and come from the future, you could be clubbed to death
- Desperated Teachers.. ah well, it will be selfmurder anyway..
- Girls with cute little horns, you can lose body parts while she is smiling at you..
- people who claim te be Espers, timetravelers or Aliens..
- Torches and cute little girls who claim to be a flame haze...

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Oct 2, 2007 2:14 AM

Sep 2007
Maybe the killer was under the influence of a death note and went off to suicide in a secluded place afterward... Or some random person saw the first few episodes of Death Note and decided he wanted to be a bringer of justice and kill the entire human race because they're all evil. O_o

This is funny, but at the same time, rather idiotic. If you're gonna kill someone while imitating a death note, at least induce a heart attack or make it look like an accident. Fool. >_>
Oct 2, 2007 2:58 AM

Aug 2007
In the coming months it's only going to get worse and that's obvious.

Hmm... so should someone put up a poll or something to see if someone can guess what anime or type of anime that might be used in a murder.

No one will stop me from watching anime, so congress you can't do a thing.
Oct 2, 2007 3:59 AM

Jun 2007
People end up trying to blame all forms of media and entertainment for problems... particularly movies and books/scriptures. People are crazy in the brain in some cases from stuff they watch on TV as well...

Rule #1: if you're going to burgle a place, don't wear pajamas! :)

Rule #2: weapon to choose: axe, gun, sword, bow, spear... :)

Rule #3: the brain is a fragile object

Rule #4: never try to make a new necromonicon... <cough>... death note....
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oct 2, 2007 4:01 AM

Jun 2007
oh lawl
but sirisly, thats not cool man.

Oct 2, 2007 4:37 AM

Jul 2007
This is f*cking stupid.

Copying Death Note is several notches below ripping off MPD Psycho. At least the characters of the latter series are sadistic serial killers and they admit that they kill for the pleasure. But killing somebody then claim to be Kira who's convinced that he's a savior?

This is so epic fail on so many levels. Whoever that guy is, I hope that he'd become an hero. NAO.
YuunagiOct 2, 2007 6:38 AM
Oct 2, 2007 5:20 AM

Aug 2007
meh... I hope this doesn't hinder Death note airing this fall on Toonami=_="

Seriously... idiots like this make anime look bad>.<
And there's the equally idiotic people that are going to say all anime/video games should be banned because clearly it was anime that turned them into psychopathic killers...

All we're missing now is a woman on a bike, hitting random people in the head with a guitar. D=

lolXD I was thinking more along the lines of a middle schooler with roller skates and a golden metal bat going around wacking people over the heads.
Oct 2, 2007 7:48 AM

Aug 2007
Zamitsu said:
Lil Slugger was just a figment of society's imagination you know.

lolXD but he's just as real as Kira XP

I have nothing against society trying to get to the "root of the problem"~
But they tend to go about it the wrong way, blaming scapegoats~
Oct 2, 2007 7:56 AM

Aug 2006
**Gets ideas involving composition notebooks and her ex-husband**

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

/end maniacal laughter ^_^
Oct 2, 2007 9:17 AM

Jun 2007
Chelle said:

LOL
Oct 2, 2007 10:20 AM

May 2007
WinterNightsFall said:
Well, in that case I'm Misa Misa. Haha. NOW who wants to be Kira?

*WAVES HAND FRANTICALLY*

Sure, I'll be the subject of obsession for a hot gothic lolita!!

Chelle said:

ROFL
Oct 2, 2007 10:21 AM

Sep 2007
Zamitsu said:
Bluesnow said:
Zamitsu said:
Lil Slugger was just a figment of society's imagination you know.

lolXD but he's just as real as Kira XP

I have nothing against society trying to get to the "root of the problem"~
But they tend to go about it the wrong way, blaming scapegoats~

Yeah, that's fine if they want to get to the root of the problem, the only thing wrong with their methods is that they always ignore what is right in front of them. If a kid goes and shoots up a school they never blame it on the teachers of the school, or even his classmates, they blame some psychological disorder, or the music they listen to, or the video games they play.

It just frustrates me to see that anytime some "preposterous" act is committed, the only way people are satisfied is if the motive itself was preposterous as well. But a lot of times I think it's so much more simple. Maybe the person who pulled this Death Note stunt had an extreme disliking for the person he killed, and had just happened to watch Death Note. That probably won't be what investegators and doctors come up with though. They might say, "Well the culprit was obviously mentally unstable, and let this television show 'Death Note' skew his view on reality, and influence a way of thinking that could only lead to something like this."

Anyway, I'm not saying that I'm right, and that everybody who thinks differently is wrong. I'm really just ranting if anything, lol.

Well, I'm saying anyone who blames an anime for a murder is WRONG. Its the person's fault for not having the common sense to realize that an anime is only an anime. If a person can't tell the border between reality and fantasy, they should be in an institution with a straightjacket on.

... But as I said, this person was pretty stupid. It's one thing to murder someone in the name of an anime, but its a worse to murder them in the name of an anime and do it WRONG. -_-
Oct 2, 2007 10:35 AM

Aug 2007
This is definately going to cause a shitstorm ....
Oct 2, 2007 10:37 AM

Oct 2006
Faust721 said:
DN is the root of all evil!
QFT~ ...lol
Oct 2, 2007 11:30 AM

Aug 2007
~Sigh~ Just when DN is not that long published in the Benelux, this happens. That person who wrote it should just learn Japanese before he writes such a paper. Some kind of crime to make anime/manga look bad? Thank you Kira =.=
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 2, 2007 12:03 PM

Sep 2007
Wooow.... I wanna be a Kira...but...not running around killing people and using that as an excuse...

Interesting people out there O_o
Oct 2, 2007 1:15 PM

Apr 2007
Zamitsu said:
Oh yeah, this person was an idiot no arguement there. But that's my point, maybe he wasn't confused about the line drawn between anime and reality. Maybe he was just bored, and knew that the anime community would get a kick out of seeing this. I mean, I sure as hell did.

A kick? Not sure I quiet understand what you mean by that.
Oct 2, 2007 1:18 PM

Sep 2007
Sandgolem said:
Zamitsu said:
Oh yeah, this person was an idiot no arguement there. But that's my point, maybe he wasn't confused about the line drawn between anime and reality. Maybe he was just bored, and knew that the anime community would get a kick out of seeing this. I mean, I sure as hell did.

Translation: He thought we'd laugh at someone being that stupid.
Oct 2, 2007 1:32 PM

Aug 2007
Hehe i suppose it's expected of a person to use some sort of media violence as a scapegoat for themselves.

Kill a person and blame it on something relatively obscene like say some GTA game/Saw film/Higurashi anime and I'm sure the majority would believe it's the result of that which had the affect on the killer.

I wonder how "they were anti spiral" would hold up in court if someone was to ever kill another person with a black and decker drill.

Besides i would have written "Did you know shinigami only eat apples?"

Oct 2, 2007 1:51 PM

Sep 2007
Blaming anime... wtf?
Banned animes..., they should do exactly the same things with violent games.
Come on. That guy in Belgium, he surely wished to do a crime in a cool way.

Animes or not, he's ''that kind of person''
Oct 2, 2007 1:58 PM

May 2007
What would the real kira think about it? :o

Oct 2, 2007 2:03 PM

Sep 2007
Hm... He would be happy that this guy wants to be him. He would think that it
would easier for him to hide his identity.

DareDevin : WAR AGAINST I.E. YAY !
Oct 2, 2007 2:06 PM
Jul 2007
Shiranai said:
Sandgolem said:
Zamitsu said:

Translation: He thought we'd laugh at someone being that stupid.

So the guy's "excuse" would be that he thought anime fans would be amused by the murder of a human being because it's fun or something? No matter how you slice it, the person who did this needs medication and a secure straitjacket because they're just...not right. In any sense.
Oct 2, 2007 3:37 PM

Aug 2007
The real Kira needs to write his name down then. Or atleast do it himself. D=
Oct 2, 2007 4:33 PM

Aug 2007
Maybe Death Note wont come to adult swim now.
Oct 2, 2007 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
Chicken008 said:
Was he a criminal?

A criminal watching anime... : |
Oct 2, 2007 5:00 PM

Nov 2004
I think Chicken meant the victim...
Oct 2, 2007 5:09 PM

Jul 2007
quakis said:

Nah. Given his mistake from the previous 2 notes, the idiot might misspell it and kill somebody else by accident.
Oct 2, 2007 5:53 PM
Aug 2007
death note rocks..hehehe
Oct 2, 2007 7:52 PM

Jul 2006
Wow........

you know, I think the worst part is that the killer spelled it wrong. o.o
Jesus, people are sick. Well, with that in mind, I think I'm gonna go finish reading Death Note xD
Oct 2, 2007 8:32 PM

Apr 2007
lol, nice.
boo for the misspelling, tho.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 2, 2007 9:47 PM

May 2007
omg

Oct 2, 2007 11:13 PM

Jul 2007
Killing people is all fine and dandy, but misspelling Japanese words = evil.
He must be punished!

Yay, I'm a sick desensitized bastard. (I thought you all should no that, it's vital, it'll be on the test.)
Oct 2, 2007 11:23 PM

Aug 2007
gzeus said:
quakis said:

Nah. Given his mistake from the previous 2 notes, the idiot might misspell it and kill somebody else by accident.

Ah yes, indeed. Good point =p
Oct 3, 2007 2:33 AM

Aug 2007
If the series or anime in general were somehow blamed for it, then the next time somebody is killed with a bat I want baseball banned. (a bit different but still)

Hopefully it was just one person killed. Well...that's not good either, but hopefully weren't even more victims o_O
Oct 3, 2007 3:54 AM

Sep 2007
Where0Meets15 said:
If the series or anime in general were somehow blamed for it, then the next time somebody is killed with a bat I want baseball banned. (a bit different but still)

Hopefully it was just one person killed. Well...that's not good either, but hopefully weren't even more victims o_O

There's always the high possibility of there being more. The police have no idea how many were killed until they find more bodies... IF they find more bodies.
Oct 3, 2007 4:30 AM

Jul 2007
Based on the fact that the killer actually bothered to leave behind notes, he's probably begging for attention. If there are more victims, I seriously doubt that he'd hide them well, if he's gonna bother hiding them at all.

Anime in the West doesn't have a very respectable image or is ambiguous at best. Had this been a serious serial killer, he would probably pick something more recognizable such as Jack the Ripper or perhaps Hannibal Lecter (heck, even Shinji Nishizono would have been more reasonable).

I can only think of 3 possible explanations why this idiot would choose that name. The Kira that we know in fiction usually kills by faking a natural death or by heart attack. Since this one hardly seems like a natural death to me, perhaps
1) He simply wanted to have the image of an avenging/protective vigilante of sorts (i.e. he thinks he is similar to Kira in his objectives rather than the killing methods).
loli_slayer said:
i wonder if the victim was a criminal, then it would all make sense.

2) He's got a sick (and bad) sense of humor.
3) Of course, it might also just be another case of idiotic kids/teens trying to imitate what they think is cool like those boys who shot somebody while emulating GTA.

In any case, this is stupid. (-_-)
YuunagiOct 3, 2007 4:34 AM
Oct 3, 2007 7:06 AM
Apr 2007
wow... did someone really one to bring a manga plot to reality???
Oct 3, 2007 10:16 AM

Jul 2007
Or maybe he's found a way out by convincing himself that he is kira, or the death note is real, or something like that kind of mental instability.

Serial killers don't always pick for image, sometimes they pick based on mental instability, or some kind of experience they had with the theme.

And the notes don't necessarily mean he/she is begging for attention.

Or in likeness of being a kid and thinking it is 'cool', he was inspired by the show to kill for whatever twisted reason.

There's enough human minds in this world and not enough attention, leaving these kinds of mental instabilities extremely common. (Especially with the pressure society puts on people, as well as current media influences).

And whether we want to recognize it or not, violence in media is generating desensitization and violence in the general population. Not that I support banning violence since I'm too desensitized to be able to care.
Oct 3, 2007 11:15 AM

Aug 2007
Obviously the kid can't have been right in the head to begin with, I mean for cryin out loud he spelled the word wrong!!
Seriously, wtf?

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Oct 3, 2007 11:35 AM

Aug 2007
Isn't this much more likely to be some kind of Scream-like attempt to create a media scapegoat as insurance? That is to say, isn't this the killer trying to mislead people into thinking he was influenced by Death Note so that, if he's caught, he can use it as an "I was misled by my obsession with this anime/film/game/music/knitting circle, I thought it was so cool and didn't realise how wrong my actions were; therefore I was insane, please let me off lightly" type excuse?

I think it's quite revealing that it was not only mis-spelled but obviously romanised; this person knows nothing about Japanese and has probably only picked Death Note because it's a convenient, but reasonably novel, object to pretend to be obsessed with to cover for their calculated desire to kill, and the novelty lends it a certain plausibility. As opposed, that is, to Death Note being something they genuinely cannot stop thinking about and/or cannot distinguish from reality. I mean, who here didn't know that "desu" had a silent U, not a double S when romanised? It's kind of basic.
Oct 3, 2007 12:31 PM

May 2007
Just need to w8 till L showes up :o

asandari said:
Killing people is all fine and dandy, but misspelling Japanese words = evil.
He must be punished!

Oct 3, 2007 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
I didn't know until I joined a Japanese learning site for like a day... if I hadn't done it, it would have been new to me.

(about the spelling of desu, that is)
asandariOct 3, 2007 4:36 PM
Oct 3, 2007 4:11 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, this almost tops the School Days thing. XDDD
Oct 4, 2007 9:34 AM

Jun 2007
What School Days thing?

I just hope some people aren't being serious. Killing people isn't all that funny, you know?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
54 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

17 by RobertBobert »»
58 minutes ago

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

5 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Gainax Begins Production of 'Aoki Uru' Anime Movie After Lawsuit

arsonal - Jun 23, 2017

25 by wallus81 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Today

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Today, 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.