Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for October 8th - 14th

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 20, 2012 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:

As for prime time vs late night, I guess it depends. I think being a Shounen Jump adaptation is the bigger deal here. Just based on that, a successful adaptation could see very large numbers of volumes added, on an absolute basis, because SJ just works on a bigger scale than most other manga.

But then other Shounen Jump adaptations did not see the same scale of manga sales jump like Magi - be it Sket Dance, Beezelbub or Medaka Box.. It just seems that there is a certain magic pulling power from Magi...

I read that the number of volume 1 of Magi printed AFTER the anime was aired was THE SAME as the number of volume 1 printed BEFORE the anime. This is jaw-dropping stuff here....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 20, 2012 1:12 PM
Oct 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Candor said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
@jmal: Thanks for clarifying, it makes sense SJ works on a bigger scale, I'm guessing they're hogging the best airing slots too?

@Candor: Yeah, I read about them fast-forwarding the pace in the beginning, but it should stabilize quite soon. It still hasn't been confirmed how long the anime will run, has it? Here's hoping for at least 3-cours!
In an interview in a magazine (which is not known yet to be fake or real) someone from the staff mentioned they're planning to animate 2-cours, but nothing is officially confirmed yet. Hopefully they'll animate further than Balbadd (the end of these 2-cours), the manga is getting better and better with each chapter atm.

I've read fans say that 2-cours will be too short to adapt properly until the end of the Balbadd arc so I just hope they don't overpace it.
That's why they're rushing the beginning. In the last 2 episodes they went over 11.5 chapters and in next episode they'll probably animate 3.5 chaps to end the first arc. Balbadd has a total of 44 chapters (from 32 to 76), so if they started it at episode 8 or 9 I think they can manage adapting all of it even if the anime stopped around ep.25, that's what they're planning to do actually as mentioned in the interview, 'cause it's the best arc in Magi till now and I don't think it's a good idea messing it up, especially now that Magi is rapidly getting popular.
Oct 20, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
EstelleBright said:
GodlyKyon said:
I CAN'T believe that SAO beat TOARU

WTF??????????????????????????????????

This world is dead.

Oh Japan.
Oct 20, 2012 6:03 PM

Feb 2010
Candor said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Candor said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
@jmal: Thanks for clarifying, it makes sense SJ works on a bigger scale, I'm guessing they're hogging the best airing slots too?

@Candor: Yeah, I read about them fast-forwarding the pace in the beginning, but it should stabilize quite soon. It still hasn't been confirmed how long the anime will run, has it? Here's hoping for at least 3-cours!
In an interview in a magazine (which is not known yet to be fake or real) someone from the staff mentioned they're planning to animate 2-cours, but nothing is officially confirmed yet. Hopefully they'll animate further than Balbadd (the end of these 2-cours), the manga is getting better and better with each chapter atm.

I've read fans say that 2-cours will be too short to adapt properly until the end of the Balbadd arc so I just hope they don't overpace it.
That's why they're rushing the beginning. In the last 2 episodes they went over 11.5 chapters and in next episode they'll probably animate 3.5 chaps to end the first arc. Balbadd has a total of 44 chapters (from 32 to 76), so if they started it at episode 8 or 9 I think they can manage adapting all of it even if the anime stopped around ep.25, that's what they're planning to do actually as mentioned in the interview, 'cause it's the best arc in Magi till now and I don't think it's a good idea messing it up, especially now that Magi is rapidly getting popular.

It's just that I've heard people saying the Balbadd arc alone would need a full 2-cours adaption (22-26 episodes) to do it justice. Guess we'll find out over the next months if it gives off a too hurried impression or not.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 20, 2012 11:08 PM

Oct 2010
Magi = the new fujoshi food after Kuroko.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 20, 2012 11:49 PM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
jmal said:

As for prime time vs late night, I guess it depends. I think being a Shounen Jump adaptation is the bigger deal here. Just based on that, a successful adaptation could see very large numbers of volumes added, on an absolute basis, because SJ just works on a bigger scale than most other manga.

But then other Shounen Jump adaptations did not see the same scale of manga sales jump like Magi - be it Sket Dance, Beezelbub or Medaka Box.. It just seems that there is a certain magic pulling power from Magi...
Just to clarify, Magi is not published in Weekly Shounen Jump(Big 3, Sket Dance, Gintama, Kuroko). It's on Shounen Sunday(Detective Conan, Hayate, Kenichi).
Oct 21, 2012 8:24 AM

Jun 2010
*blinks*
I didn't realize Vol. 5 of TaMnI:NT was out.
Let's see how fast Baka-tsuki can translate it.
Oct 21, 2012 8:32 AM

Feb 2009
Zfish9 said:
*blinks*
I didn't realize Vol. 5 of TaMnI:NT was out.
Let's see how fast Baka-tsuki can translate it.
Fast? It hasn't been 2 weeks since it's out and it's almost finished, with updates almost everyday.
It's a short volume I guess.
The translator isn't human I tell you.
Oct 21, 2012 9:35 AM
Mar 2010
wishbook said:
Magi = the new fujoshi food after Kuroko.

Exactly. Even if the anime doesn't sell well, it WILL get a second season since the anime has BARELY started and the manga is already selling like hotcakes.

jmal said:

The first DVD/BD volume got solicited just recently, so we should start seeing how it performs on Stalker in the next day or so.

I honestly don't know what to expect really. I mean, I remember at one time Kuroko was only set to do 6k or so....and look what happened lol. XD
so far, its in the top 30. will it stay that way? I'm pretty sure it will but time will tell.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 22, 2012 4:19 AM
Mar 2010
jmal said:

Very preliminary signs are that it's pulling a Kuroko, with almost identical BD and DVD sales.

27 - BD v1
28 - DVD v1

41 - BD v2
42 - DVD v2

It's pretty amusing when titles manage to be this incredibly close between the two formats.

its fallen in rankings a bit now though. Magi Volume 1 BD and DVD are at 45-47 places now. I think it'll continue to fall and reach 100-150th place and then, when Balbadd(sp) arc begins, and if its as amazing as everyone says it is, things will pick up again.

Then again, its doing really well in Animate right now too. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think Animate sales could affect it?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 25, 2012 5:15 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, sakurasou takes sixth place. How great!
Oct 25, 2012 5:24 PM
Aug 2012
happy to say I bought one of the nearly million sold kimi ni todoke vol 17's :). Damn thats alot tho :p
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Oct 25, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2007
1. I think minami ke is on the list becose included the OVA.
2. Nice, again Kimi ni todoke on the list

I think light novel is like this:

volumes on Sword art online:
a ..
b ..

Other ligh novels:
a..
b..
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
1 minute ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - May 26

15 by red-tomato »»
8 hours ago

» 'Boku no Hero Academia the Movie: You're Next' Announces Additional Cast Pair

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

9 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 4:44 AM

» 'Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, First Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - May 29

3 by Nachtwandler_21 »»
Today, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.