Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 4, 2012 12:48 PM
Aug 2011
Helladank said:
When Natsu got in that guys face I was like damn..

Because he's so damn fast, right?

Kanic said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kanic said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

"I'll grant you an audience with the king if you win"
Like with Dios, he also wants to do everything to protect his Kingdom and citizens. Lucy and FT didn't intentionally do anything wrong, so he's just being a good guy.

If he is such a good guy why does he put as a condition that if they win they will be granted an audience? What does winning or losing in the tournament has to do with FT's judgement?

He wants the King to see some interesting battles?

Correction, read the mangastream version...God damn, panda is cool and respectable by bringing these translations in time but meh, sometimes their mistakes can create a lot of misunderstandings.

The minister says: If you win you will be granted an audience (unlike the mangareader trans which says: I will let you if you win) in other words it is natural that winners meet the king and since he kinda favors them in the matches they might get on his good side and ask them to rethink their sentences.

Because of Kintama, I forgot to read the mangastream version. I always try to erase panda's version from my mind lol. They are not bad, but their level is at 70%, mangastream is like 95% (random percentages ftw)
Oct 4, 2012 12:52 PM

Mar 2011
They deserve respect whatsoever for being the fastest.;)
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 1:07 PM
Aug 2011
They do deserve respect for speed, but on some occasions their translations are so bad it leaves too many people confused.

Like the Bleach this weak
Oct 4, 2012 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty sick chapter.
I like how continuing the Grand Magic Games (so Erza, Gray, and Laxus can participate again) serves a purpose now.

And did ALL of Natsu's magic get taken away? So now Natsu has to rely on everyone else to win the Games I'm guessing.

and Time-Travel plot was to be expected ._.
Oct 4, 2012 2:23 PM

Mar 2011
No, he can recover. It didn't seem that dramatic to me. Also they still have 2 days till the match so there's plenty of time to recover.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2012
I'm still thinking that the current Dragon Slayers are actually from 400 years in the past. OR, the slayers that participated in the games 400 years ago, were actually the current slayers.(Which would explain why the person in the mural fighting the dragon had Natsu's scarf on) There's a lot of complex stuff underlying all the time travel theories, and the time frame that we've followed until now, could be the alternate time frame. My head starts to overload when I think of all the possibilities. Once you throw time travel into the mix, then EVERYTHING that has happened before, could have been altered from the future. Meaning anything that may have seemed weird, or gone unexplained, could be explained now. I wonder if Mashima planned this since the beginning? If so, then there are likely many many clues that we missed.
Oct 4, 2012 2:43 PM

Mar 2011
^Maybe the DS have traveled FORWARD in time and that's why they were considered over80 years old? Meaning the 7/7-X777 was the day they were transfered from the past to the future and that's why it seemed like their parents abandoned them.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 3:11 PM

Aug 2012
^ THIS. That's EXACTLY what I proposed last chapter discussion. It was either last chapter, or chapter 300.
Oct 4, 2012 3:14 PM

Aug 2012
Found it, it's the second post down http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=497453&show=100

So we're thinking alike. Glad I'm not the only one who thought so.
Oct 4, 2012 3:21 PM

May 2011
If I could raise my rating for Fairy Tail any higher I definitely would after this chapter!! Time-travel has to be one of the BEST plot devices ever made xD
luffydragneel said:
I'm still thinking that the current Dragon Slayers are actually from 400 years in the past. OR, the slayers that participated in the games 400 years ago, were actually the current slayers.(Which would explain why the person in the mural fighting the dragon had Natsu's scarf on) There's a lot of complex stuff underlying all the time travel theories, and the time frame that we've followed until now, could be the alternate time frame. My head starts to overload when I think of all the possibilities. Once you throw time travel into the mix, then EVERYTHING that has happened before, could have been altered from the future. Meaning anything that may have seemed weird, or gone unexplained, could be explained now. I wonder if Mashima planned this since the beginning? If so, then there are likely many many clues that we missed.

Slightly confusing, but I like this theory!! Or maybe he's just making you think that so you'll go back and re-read the series, hahaha!
Oct 4, 2012 3:24 PM

Jun 2011
I'm not a big fan of time travel, so I'm a little worried here.

Also, Lucy wasn't captured. She was arrested.
Oct 4, 2012 3:31 PM

Oct 2011
Not digging time travel because of the potential plot holes that will form and it being a weak writing device.
Oct 4, 2012 3:32 PM

Mar 2011
luffydragneel said:
^ THIS. That's EXACTLY what I proposed last chapter discussion. It was either last chapter, or chapter 300.

I just picked up on what you said and it just might fit. Though to be honest I can't agree with the theory that the one on the prhecy-tablet(or w/e that was) IS natsu. Maybe that's the initial Dragon slayer of fire? And the scarf was passed on to Natsu?
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 3:46 PM

Aug 2012
Kanic said:
luffydragneel said:

I just picked up on what you said and it just might fit. Though to be honest I can't agree with the theory that the one on the prhecy-tablet(or w/e that was) IS natsu. Maybe that's the initial Dragon slayer of fire? And the scarf was passed on to Natsu?

That's also a strong possibility. Maybe his father? I mean Igneel didn't just up and have a kid out of nowhere. Maybe Natsu's parents died in the war and Igneel found him and decided to raise him.

Edit : You know, maybe ALL of the current slayers' parents died in that war?
Oct 4, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2008
Fail fail fail... omg wtf man so much fail. Natsu just lost his power, anyone notice that fuck man. more problems caused. god dam lol fairy tail always make mains suffer to worst for so long and then have a small come back. it better be better this time around.
Oct 4, 2012 3:55 PM

Mar 2011
Chimasternmay said:
Fail fail fail... omg wtf man so much fail. Natsu just lost his power, anyone notice that fuck man. more problems caused. god dam lol fairy tail always make mains suffer to worst for so long and then have a small come back. it better be better this time around.

Then again
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/267/4
this explains why Natsu fainted. He is still a mage after he recovers.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 3:58 PM

Oct 2010
Time travel was to be expected.No surprise there!Things are moving on!Good chapter!
This world...is rotten
Oct 4, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
Kanic said:
^Maybe the DS have traveled FORWARD in time and that's why they were considered over80 years old? Meaning the 7/7-X777 was the day they were transfered from the past to the future and that's why it seemed like their parents abandoned them.

yeah i think so... I wrote somethiing similar some posts ago but no one seems noticed it XD

It could be possible that lucy's mom was used for a past eclipse plan and that she died for fatigue later. And if in the Layla eclipse plan Natsu and other DS were transported 400 yeard in the future? That would explain the ds age problem, the fact that zeref knows a baby natsu, maybe even why dragons know why DKfestival in going to happen "again" in the present (bacause as I said before, DKfestival happened 400year ago will be "transported" in the present) because maybe they arranged this with humans (!?!).
farfallinaOct 4, 2012 4:30 PM

Oct 4, 2012 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
More time travel? Oh great I can only guess what's going to happen.

andinb4 they save her.
Oct 4, 2012 4:56 PM

Feb 2011
For me, this confirmed the idea that the person in the cloak was Future Lucy.
Oct 4, 2012 5:43 PM

Feb 2009
Kanic said:
luffydragneel said:

I'm starting to think that really is Natsu. It could explain why Zeref knows him (chapter 209). Implying he did go back in time and fought Zeref, but since he(zeref) is still alive Natsu wasn't able to kill him, only to stop and put him in some kind of sleep, that is why Zeref has this confidence in Natsu's power. But i am not really sure of this myself.
The thing is, i am not very fond of time travelling, cause it can many times open space to holes in the storyline. So the best think would be if they coulld find another way around this and don't use the eclipse plan at all. Even so, i still think they will use it.
Oct 4, 2012 6:02 PM

Mar 2011
Well, ofc there exist plot-holes. Time-travel aint even officially science. Scientists themselves have problems with time paradoxes, you can't expect an author to handle it 100% without any missteps. BUT , on the otherside it is an awesome way to foreshadow great things, cuz you know, they happened, just not yet. Even the almighty Steins-Gate had problems with it but in the end it worked and it became an awesome anime.

I, too, was against time-travel back when the hooded girl showed her face to Gerard and the theories began, but if you consider the possible scenarios that might follow you can't but get hyped up.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 6:02 PM
Oct 2011
Kanic said:

This explanation BY FAR makes the most sense to me. Cause of you think about it, the few times it showed natsu with Igneel it wasn't near civilization or anything, so that could be a clue as well.

But if that's true then that would mean that the scenes it's been showing with the dragons are from 400 years ago? If so that would be really interesting.
Oct 4, 2012 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
macx12 said:
Kanic said:

This explanation BY FAR makes the most sense to me. Cause of you think about it, the few times it showed natsu with Igneel it wasn't near civilization or anything, so that could be a clue as well.

But if that's true then that would mean that the scenes it's been showing with the dragons are from 400 years ago? If so that would be really interesting.

Or this could mean both Natsu and Gajeel are considered to be over 80 years old because they traveled to the past and are over 400 years old.
Oct 4, 2012 6:17 PM

Mar 2011
PirateKingz said:
macx12 said:
Kanic said:

Or this could mean both Natsu and Gajeel are considered to be over 80 years old because they traveled to the past and are over 400 years old.

Why the past? How does that tie with everything? They traveled to the past and stayed there and now they have no recollection of who they are? How are they so ageless? And why did they suddenly start aging normally?
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 6:39 PM

Jun 2012
Kanic said:
PirateKingz said:
macx12 said:
Kanic said:

Why the past? How does that tie with everything? They traveled to the past and stayed there and now they have no recollection of who they are? How are they so ageless? And why did they suddenly start aging normally?

The same could be said for the future. I'm just predicting it to be the past because it makes far more sense.
Oct 4, 2012 6:51 PM

Apr 2009
And Lucy gets fucked over 3 times in one arc. That's gotta be some kind of record.
Oct 4, 2012 7:03 PM

Mar 2011
PirateKingz said:

The same could be said for the future. I'm just predicting it to be the past because it makes far more sense.

Well, at least I gave some reasoning behind it. And I wasn't being aggresive about it ,mind you. It just seems to me that there is no reason for Hiro to take them to the past after existing in the future only to return them again in said future.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 7:51 PM

Jun 2012
Kanic said:
Well, at least I gave some reasoning behind it. And I wasn't being aggresive about it ,mind you. It just seems to me that there is no reason for Hiro to take them to the past after existing in the future only to return them again in said future.

There are plenty of reasons for it. The main one is that they need to go back to the past in order to defeat Zeref before he was immortal. This would also answer why Zeref already knew Natsu in Tenrou Island as they had already met in the past.

Oct 4, 2012 7:54 PM
Oct 2011
PirateKingz said:
macx12 said:
Kanic said:

I think the time traveling to the future part makes more sense. If they went back then forward and back again their's too many things to account for.

Like: did they lose their memory? what happened to cause them to have to go back? And if it's them going back that's like an infinite loop because if you go to the past from the future to prevent the future fro happening when you come back you witness the result of it. Unless the result was zeref sleeping for 100 years as a result of what natsu did which doesn't correlate because they said the time frame is 400 years, so it makes more sense for the past to future theory because zeref said "you've grown" when he say natsu in chapter 209. Perhaps Natsu was like 4 when he was born in the past and the time-jump made his figurtive age like 400+ years while he only looked 4.
Oct 4, 2012 7:57 PM

Mar 2011
Macx summed it up for me. Zeref recognising Natsu doesn't negate the possibility that the DS came from 400 years ago(in fact it may empower it) and it doesn't strengthen the future->past->future theory in any particular way.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
It's actually difficult to say who the bad guy is here..

I mean one wants to kill Zeref essentially the root of all evil and conflicts in the world and while that may seem like a good idea I do have to say the other guy is right as well. It's not as if it's going to be a small change but they are making a huge change in history which could possibly drastically alter the present. I mean that's a big part of that whole "time travel" thing for a lot of movies/books/anime and so on. Where someone will have the power to alter history but whether they should or not is really a tough question.

They took Lucy into custody though and the Sabertooth chick so that sucks. Although I guess they want to try and make sure they don't try to activate the Eclipse and the old guy is giving them a chance to get an audience with the king on the matter. Bleh who knows how this will work.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 4, 2012 7:59 PM

Nov 2011
macx12 said:
PirateKingz said:
macx12 said:
Kanic said:

I think the time traveling to the future part makes more sense. If they went back then forward and back again their's too many things to account for.

Like: did they lose their memory? what happened to cause them to have to go back? And if it's them going back that's like an infinite loop because if you go to the past from the future to prevent the future fro happening when you come back you witness the result of it. Unless the result was zeref sleeping for 100 years as a result of what natsu did which doesn't correlate because they said the time frame is 400 years, so it makes more sense for the past to future theory because zeref said "you've grown" when he say natsu in chapter 209. Perhaps Natsu was like 4 when he was born in the past and the time-jump made his figurtive age like 400+ years while he only looked 4.

Wait, wouldn't this contradict a part of the manga though. If you guys recall Igneel and the other dragons were watching one of Natsu's fight when he was losing badly and at one point I believe Igneel helps him out on the fight somehow. I mean they haven't said anything about dragons being time travelers so how could Igneel have been watching Natsu if not in that present time.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 4, 2012 8:07 PM

Mar 2011
^First things first, what you refer to as help that Natsu recieved happened during the fight with Zero, and it happened only in the anime. It was more of an emotional boost, like what his father would say to him at that momment. Igneel didn't REALLY talk to him.
Also, I'm not assuming as part of the theory that igneel raised Natsu during the past. Maybe past igneel sent him in the future and then present igneel raised him there. Aaaanyway, I'm tossing these things out as random guesses, I don't have a clear image on what is to happen nor do I care particularly if any of what I said will come true. My preferances about FT's scenario are different than this theory. It's just funny to come up with stuff every now and then.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 4, 2012 11:26 PM

May 2011
Many answered questions, many new possibilities. Let's see how this turns out.

I wonder how the Paradox theory will play out in Fairy Tail. Rave handled it in a legendary way.
Oct 5, 2012 1:09 AM
Jul 2011
farfallina said:

Anyway there are two possibilities now:
1 .that the capture is only part of the plan for capturing Lucy to activate the gate in the last day, when the FT members will be too busy to fight in the tournament in order to save lucy instead of saving her personally (Arcadios said that he wanted to use a new method to capture her few chapters ago)

^This
anyone remember what future crying Levy said.
Something like they kidnap Lucy and nakama's death.

does that mean they never released Lucy during the deaths of nakama's
-Shuda- said:

I wonder how the Paradox theory will play out in Fairy Tail. Rave handled it in a legendary way.

:)))
i know what you mean.

but that's Endless Arc realy suited in Rave, how that's tied perfectly with Resha Valentine from the very first ten chapter from the manga.

dont know how it fit to Fairy tail.

I think the time travel just become small arc to complete the mystery puzzles in Fairy Tail, not as support to create Shitstorm Ending :)))
Oct 5, 2012 1:37 AM

Jul 2007
Well this smells of Gestahl's "let's save the world" crap-talking in FF6 all over again.
Everything about this plan smells bad news and I guess that in both cases (The tragedy now and the past then) the characters will end up chosing to not change anything for whatever reason or will end up actually causing it all.

Also this is not the first time Mashima used time travel. Its in Rave too...and it never ends well.
AhenshihaelOct 5, 2012 2:05 AM
Oct 5, 2012 5:24 AM

Aug 2012
Kanic said:
^First things first, what you refer to as help that Natsu recieved happened during the fight with Zero, and it happened only in the anime. It was more of an emotional boost, like what his father would say to him at that momment. Igneel didn't REALLY talk to him.
Also, I'm not assuming as part of the theory that igneel raised Natsu during the past. Maybe past igneel sent him in the future and then present igneel raised him there. Aaaanyway, I'm tossing these things out as random guesses, I don't have a clear image on what is to happen nor do I care particularly if any of what I said will come true. My preferances about FT's scenario are different than this theory. It's just funny to come up with stuff every now and then.

Every time we've seen dragons I believe, they're always shown in an ancient-type world with volcanoes and fire. Who knows, maybe there is already an eclipse gate in that era 400 years ago, and possibly Grandine really is Porlyusica and is using it to keep tabs on things. Just one theory. I'm really curious if Natsu's parents were DS from that era.
Oct 5, 2012 9:00 AM

Feb 2009
Kanic said:
Aaaanyway, I'm tossing these things out as random guesses, I don't have a clear image on what is to happen nor do I care particularly if any of what I said will come true. My preferances about FT's scenario are different than this theory. It's just funny to come up with stuff every now and then.

That's a great way to deal with these discussions. We are just assuming things , and no one has a clear idea of what is to happen(only Mashima of course). I wish everyone could think like that to avoid many useless conflicts, cause for me it's really fun to see all these different theories, even if i don't agree with them.
Oct 5, 2012 9:53 AM

Jul 2010
Lucy and Yukino trapped together and Natsu getting K.O.'d, sometimes life hates 'em, sometimes life loves 'em. But at the moment, it's clear that the characters are getting close to a tragedy, especially with Lucy and Yukino getting captured together.
Oct 5, 2012 9:58 AM
Sep 2012
wish they would show us who that girl under the black coat is, fairly sure it is lucy though.
Oct 5, 2012 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Vaonari said:
IC, so that's why Zeref seemed to know Natsu :v
Though, that implies they already travelled back and failed.

I'm still for the theory that the 3 dragon slayers were brought from the past (as hinted in Fantasia) to escape the carnage, perhaps by the woman Jellal saw. Also to note lucy's saying in the anime arc that she was technicaly 7 years older because of the time skip, the same rule would apply wit Freed's runes. Knowing how Mashima loves leaving hints here and there, it could be a lead...

...or so would my fanfic'n head would want
removed-userOct 5, 2012 12:32 PM
Oct 5, 2012 12:51 PM

Aug 2007
Seems dangerous to go to the past and interfere. Maybe someone will die or no born in the present.

But... So the tournament was to steal magic. Its a fun way to obtain magic.
Oct 5, 2012 1:19 PM

Aug 2008
Now its like, its not that the dragons disappeared on that July 7, but Natsu team of DS were the one that disappeared, they disparaged to the future.
Oct 5, 2012 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
Time travel sounds interesting. I was surprised that army knight turned out not to be an enemy though.
Oct 5, 2012 11:40 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, I wonder how many assistants Mashima has.
OrangeHollow.png
Oct 10, 2012 1:23 PM
May 2012
Who's the bad guys here now, and they still haven't shown us who that girl Jellal saw, oh well nice chapter!

Oct 10, 2012 1:40 PM
Aug 2011
Mrameez said:
Who's the bad guys here now, and they still haven't shown us who that girl Jellal saw, oh well nice chapter!

Its called "mystery"
The bad guys are either
a)Dios and he's just pretending to be good.
b)Minister who just appears to be good so far (I highly doubt its him IMO)
c)Sabertooth, specifically Minerva and the 2 other jerks.
d)That Raven Tail mage that escaped
e)Ultimate Troll, Qutro Puppy.
Oct 10, 2012 1:52 PM

Apr 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Mrameez said:

Its called "mystery"
The bad guys are either

You forgot that black creature that left Obra when RT got arrested :P
Oct 11, 2012 4:35 AM
Aug 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Mrameez said:

Its called "mystery"
The bad guys are either

You forgot that black creature that left Obra when RT got arrested :P

I'm still just assuming that the black creature itself was Obra.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 370 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kevin_video - Feb 7, 2014

105 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Diogo_Brando - Jan 31, 2014

87 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 365 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Dec 28, 2013

118 by aoo-kun »»
Jun 2, 7:09 AM

Poll: » --------------------------------- ( 1 2 )

Blacklightcore - Oct 31, 2013

69 by aoo-kun »»
May 31, 5:53 AM

Poll: » --------------------------------- ( 1 2 )

Blacklightcore - Oct 25, 2013

70 by aoo-kun »»
May 31, 5:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.