Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 1, 2012 10:12 PM

Sep 2012
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE * fan girl scream * Kintama is coming back *_*
Oct 2, 2012 12:10 AM

Dec 2011
2 more shows supposed to be added to CR's simulcast list today and another 2 boxes added on the lineup page.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 2, 2012 12:12 AM

Sep 2011
Man I hope they don't pick Little Busters!, or if they do, late simulcast it ._. . Really want UTW to pick this up.

kuuderes_shadow said:
2 more shows supposed to be added to CR's simulcast list today and another 2 boxes added on the lineup page.

Its 3 more boxes, they added another just a min ago.
Oct 2, 2012 10:04 AM

Dec 2011
Ixion Saga DT will broadcast every Sunday starting on October 7, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time for both its premium members, with its free members able to view one week after initial Crunchyroll broadcast.

Ixion Saga DT will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: Premium members have access worldwide except Japan while general members have access in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/09/30/crunchyroll-adds-ixion-saga-dt-anime (same link as last time, just updated)
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 2, 2012 11:47 AM

Dec 2011
Crunchyroll license Btooom!

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/10/02-1/crunchyroll-adds-btooom-anime-to-fall-lineup

Thurs 7pm
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, and South Africa.
Oct 2, 2012 11:49 AM

Sep 2011
Damn, was about to post ahaha.
Oct 2, 2012 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
Awesome about Btooom!! :D
Oct 2, 2012 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
Anime Network got Chunibyo and Busou Shinki

Hidamari too, I believe. And a huge "screw you" to them for it. Oh well, if I can't have CR at least we've got rori for chuu2koi if I remember correctly, and I'm not watching Busou Shinki, but ugh I bet finding subs both competent and timely for Hidamari is going to be a gigantic pain in the ass.

Not a fan of the insanely low bitrate and piss colored subs, huh?

But yeah, Anime Network is terrible. Plus, you need to subscribe to see past the first episode, and the subscription is totally not worth it for what they offer.

Oct 2, 2012 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
Anime Network got Chunibyo and Busou Shinki

Hidamari too, I believe. And a huge "screw you" to them for it. Oh well, if I can't have CR at least we've got rori for chuu2koi if I remember correctly, and I'm not watching Busou Shinki, but ugh I bet finding subs both competent and timely for Hidamari is going to be a gigantic pain in the ass.

Yeah Rori + UTW are jointing up for Chuu2koi.
$1200? Wtf kind of job do you have.
Oct 2, 2012 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
Tyrel said:
$1200? Wtf kind of job do you have.

Probably less than you'd think. I just prioritize anime over all other luxury spending so it's really my only big indulgence. I'm certainly not going to pretend it's not a lot of money though. =P

Ah. I've started buying anime as well, but only been spending like 200$ every month or so.
OT: Looks like Crunchyroll won't be announcing another one today. They changed the second Oct 2nd to TBD
Oct 3, 2012 10:04 AM

Dec 2011
Anime on Demand license Magi:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100332600962411

Crunchyroll has also acquired the same title for the USA, canada and south africa, starting next Wednesday 10AM:

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/10/03/crunchyroll-to-stream-magi-the-labyrinth-of-magic-anime
kuuderes_shadowOct 3, 2012 10:08 AM
Oct 3, 2012 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
Oh good, I'm sort of interested in Magi so hooray for CR getting it.

Just sucks that so far CR has not gotten any of my top three, and likely won't.

What are your top 3? Mine are Gintama, Little Busters and Chuunibyou... at least they've gotten Gintama.

Oct 3, 2012 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
Crunchyroll license Girls_und_Panzer

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/10/03-1/crunchyroll-adds-girls-und-panzer-anime-to-fall-lineup

begins Oct 10th 8pm
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, and South Africa
Oct 3, 2012 12:12 PM

Apr 2012
Gintama hell yeah!!!
Oct 3, 2012 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
Didn't get Magi, but I got Girls Und Panzer............ F*** this shit.
Oct 3, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
What are your top 3? Mine are Gintama, Little Busters and Chuunibyou... at least they've gotten Gintama.

1. Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
2. Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
3. Little Busters!

So yeah, my top two got screwed by TAN/TBS and I'm not holding my breath for LB! either. This has been a pretty bad simulcast season for me, at least in terms of stuff I care about most.

Could always get fansubs? UTW-Rori for chu2 and UTW for Little Busters, if they don't announce last two simulcasts.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Crunchyroll has also acquired the same title for the USA, canada and south africa, starting next Wednesday 10AM:

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/10/03/crunchyroll-to-stream-magi-the-labyrinth-of-magic-anime

Looks like Magi is a 3 day late simulcast..
TyrelOct 3, 2012 2:23 PM
Oct 3, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2008
Alright, updated. I think I got everything. Thanks everyone for the help, I've been busy the past couple days.

Is TAN USA only? I remember it being, but I'm not sure.

Also, is it weird that Girls und Panzer is what I'm looking forward to the most so far?
Oct 3, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
Alright, updated. I think I got everything. Thanks everyone for the help, I've been busy the past couple days.

Is TAN USA only? I remember it being, but I'm not sure.

Also, is it weird that Girls und Panzer is what I'm looking forward to the most so far?

Yes, yes it is. I expected most people interested in Chu2, Little Busters, Robotic;Notes and Zetsuen tempest :P.
Oct 3, 2012 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Still no Little Busters yet? It's such a highly anticipated series, you would think some site would pick it up.
Oct 3, 2012 3:18 PM

Dec 2009
jmal said:
Tyrel said:
Could always get fansubs? UTW-Rori for chu2 and UTW for Little Busters, if they don't announce last two simulcasts.

That's the plan for now. Didn't know UTW was confirmed for Little Busters!, so that's definitely good news to hear.

UTW is subbing Little Busters together with Mazui, unless it get simulcasted.
Oct 3, 2012 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
That's the plan for now. Didn't know UTW was confirmed for Little Busters!, so that's definitely good news to hear. LB! airs on Saturday though, so fingers crossed that they can get eps out by Sunday night. I can only really watch on weekends, so if it's not out on Sundays, I pretty much need to sit on it until the following Friday or Saturday.

They're pretty fast, as they get Sword Art Online out on the same days (Saturdays), so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, forgot the Mazui part. Hopefully it doesn't ._.. I really want someone to get Psycho-pass, so I hope CR gets it, since no Fansubs have it atm.
Sir_Lexa said:
jmal said:
Tyrel said:

sir_lexa said:
UTW is subbing Little Busters together with Mazui, unless it get simulcasted.

Yeah, forgot the Mazui part. Hopefully it doesn't ._.. I really want someone to get Psycho-pass, so I hope CR gets it, since no Fansubs have it atm.
Oct 3, 2012 11:04 PM

Dec 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
Alright, updated. I think I got everything.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Ixion Saga DT will broadcast every Sunday starting on October 7, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time for both its premium members, with its free members able to view one week after initial Crunchyroll broadcast.

Ixion Saga DT will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: Premium members have access worldwide except Japan while general members have access in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/09/30/crunchyroll-adds-ixion-saga-dt-anime (same link as last time, just updated)

You missed this. I think you got everything else though.
Oct 4, 2012 10:45 AM

Dec 2011
Anime on Demand posted on their twitter that "K" is airing at 7:30 BST on Thursdays (starting in about 45 mins time)

Magi will start airing on the 10th but the time hasn't yet been confirmed.

Further details will be made available "shortly".
Oct 4, 2012 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
Crunchyroll to Stream Medaka Box Abnormal Anime

Territories: U.S, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Thursday starting on October 11, at 11:35 pm Pacific Time for its premium members.

Pretty disappointing Fall list Crunchy roll obtained, no big popular names. Little Busters, Chuu2, Psycho pass, Robotics;Note. I'm really surprised, 1 More TBD though.
Oct 4, 2012 12:16 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
Tyrel said:
Pretty disappointing Fall list Crunchy roll obtained, no big popular names. Little Busters, Chuu2, Psycho pass, Robotics;Note. I'm really surprised, 1 More TBD though.

Out of those, only Chuu2 is has aired already and its absence is thanks to awful awful TBS. God I hate them, and their partnership with Sentai.

Magi is a very big title, so that's one, even if it's not one of my big titles.

Little Busters! airs late on the 6th, so something like ~40 hours from now in Japan. Psycho and Robono don't air until the 11th. A lot of titles are still left, and the count of TBA boxes always changes so I don't read much into it at any point in time.

But yeah, really not the best season for CR to this point. I only required fansubs for a very small handful of Summer titles thanks to CR, but I'm going to need them for a lot more this season. Definitely a step back for CR, and annoying for me. It's not like fansubs are hard to download or anything, but I got so used to the convenience of CR.

Oh, they add more boxes? Didn't know that :P. I don't use CR, as I only go to the site to see what they simulcasted in case fansubs drop them. Forgot about Magi, that's is a big title also.
Oct 4, 2012 1:25 PM

Sep 2009
Why thank you for posting this. I really don't know where to find out about the new anime. XD
"Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? Snow is white, because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be."
Oct 4, 2012 1:55 PM
Oct 4, 2012 2:22 PM

Apr 2010

"The Anime Network announced on Thursday that it will stream the series on Thursdays starting on October 4 at 9:00 p.m. EDT."

Somehow they're airing it even before it airs in Japan, if Countdown and AnimeCalendar are to be believed. They both say it doesn't air for another 19 hours.

Oct 4, 2012 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
RyanSaotome said:

"The Anime Network announced on Thursday that it will stream the series on Thursdays starting on October 4 at 9:00 p.m. EDT."

Somehow they're airing it even before it airs in Japan, if Countdown and AnimeCalendar are to be believed. They both say it doesn't air for another 19 hours.

I wonder how people will complain about this not being a "simul"cast.
Oct 4, 2012 11:36 PM

Dec 2011
2 more boxes added to the CR lineup page. So at least 3 more still to come.
Oct 5, 2012 2:39 AM

Dec 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
2 more boxes added to the CR lineup page. So at least 3 more still to come.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Psycho Pass and Robotic;Notes
Oct 5, 2012 7:50 AM

Apr 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
RyanSaotome said:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/To-Love-Ru-Darkness/Continue/Watch

Oh boy, it was taken down... as expected, someone made a mistake and posted it before they were supposed to. I wonder if there will be fallout from this.

-edit- TAN has completely removed To Love Ru Darkness from its site. No news article, no anime page, nothing in the listings. This could be significant.
RyanSaotomeOct 5, 2012 8:08 AM

Oct 5, 2012 8:39 AM

Dec 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Redfoxoffire said:
RyanSaotome said:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/To-Love-Ru-Darkness/Continue/Watch

Oh boy, it was taken down... as expected, someone made a mistake and posted it before they were supposed to. I wonder if there will be fallout from this.

-edit- TAN has completely removed To Love Ru Darkness from its site. No news article, no anime page, nothing in the listings. This could be significant.

Anime on Demand posted on their twitter this morning that it (along with all the other series that it shares with TAN) would be delayed slightly due to problems outside of their control.

I didn't consider it worth posting on here at the time as there hadn't been any confirmation of schedule for these series yet anyway, but the two things could be connected.

AoD also doesn't have To Love Ru Darkness on its site but then it never did to begin with...
It has all the other series, though.
Oct 9, 2012 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/funimation-entertainment-announces-fall-2012-simulcast-schedule/5425601

Among them, I see Robotics;Notes, OniAi, Jormungand: Perfect Order, Psycho Pass, Kamisama Kiss, and Code: Breaker.
Oct 9, 2012 11:18 AM

Dec 2011
There go 4 series I had intended to watch into the pits of oblivion.

Funimation - #1 supporters of the fansub industry.
Oct 9, 2012 12:06 PM

Jun 2008
Updated. Kamisama Kiss is an interesting one, FUNi doesn't do much Shoujo these days.

Honest question: Why do people hate FUNimation so much (specifically people who like CR)? I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've found their streams to be of reasonable quality, especially since they're free and I don't have to wait a week to get it free (like CR).
Oct 9, 2012 12:35 PM

Dec 2011
Quality of a simulcast is irrelevant if it isn't available in the first place.
Oct 9, 2012 1:02 PM

Jun 2008
jmal said:
I don't support R1-style translation localization

As far as I can tell, CR and FUNi largely do the same kind of localization (certain fansubbers do as well).

Why do you "despise Funimation and everything they stand for as a company?"
Oct 9, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Updated. Kamisama Kiss is an interesting one, FUNi doesn't do much Shoujo these days.

Honest question: Why do people hate FUNimation so much (specifically people who like CR)? I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've found their streams to be of reasonable quality, especially since they're free and I don't have to wait a week to get it free (like CR).

cause funiamtion some times does there casts really late some times over 2 weeks after, also its cause how they limit it to north America with curnhyrool they limit some but try to get for as many possible menawhile funiation don't and even for a while was only doing the usa when they switched to the hulu player and didn't get something for the candian to use, also it cause when fuimation started there partnership with that other one some the anime the quilty was rather poor
Oct 9, 2012 1:16 PM

Jun 2008
jmal said:
Not unless they've changed; and there are "certain fansubbers" I avoid like the plague, so it's certainly not as if I like all fansubbers, if it sounded otherwise.

Can you give any examples of what FUNi does/doesn't that CR doesn't/does and why you prefer CR's way?
Oct 9, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2009
Redfoxoffire said:

Yeah free streams for North Americans. Fuck the rest of the world. At least CR tries to get their streams to as many areas as possible.

Damn this to hell, I was hoping for CR to get Psycho Pass and Robotics;Notes
Oct 9, 2012 1:38 PM

Apr 2010
Even as an American, I hate Funis streams since they are so low quality. I'm a videophile, and anytime Funi picks something up, it means that I'm gonna resort to fansubs.

Oct 9, 2012 1:43 PM

Dec 2009
And ps. The streams for the fall shows won't be for free.

"The simulcasts are available through the paid FUNimation app or with a subscribition to FUNimation EVS. The free app will not allow access to the simulcasts unless a subscription to the EVS service is purchased. They will be streaming on FUNimation.com, Roku, Hulu, iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets."

Source
Oct 9, 2012 1:50 PM

Aug 2007
For now, I can onlu see My little monster via crunchyroll, is bat that by lisence limitations I cant see BTOOM and Medaka box Abnormal
Oct 9, 2012 1:56 PM
Sep 2012
Sir_Lexa said:

"The simulcasts are available through the paid FUNimation app or with a subscribition to FUNimation EVS. The free app will not allow access to the simulcasts unless a subscription to the EVS service is purchased. They will be streaming on FUNimation.com, Roku, Hulu, iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets."

Source

Not sure Crunchyroll is necessarily going to be the most accurate of sources for FUNimation simulcast info. In the past FUNi's simulcasts have all been available for free-- in standard definition. I think they also aren't delayed by any extra time for the free users, though theirs aren't as quick as CR's either.

Paid users get it ad-free, HD, and available in the mobile apps.
Oct 9, 2012 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
addiemon said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Source

Not sure Crunchyroll is necessarily going to be the most accurate of sources for FUNimation simulcast info. In the past FUNi's simulcasts have all been available for free-- in standard definition. I think they also aren't delayed by any extra time for the free users, though theirs aren't as quick as CR's either.

Paid users get it ad-free, HD, and available in the mobile apps.

Well what would I know? I wouldn't get the simulcasts even if I paid.
Oct 9, 2012 2:05 PM
Sep 2012
Yeah, and that sucks, and I'm sorry. Just I've seen a few people confused on this because the PR was a little oddly-written.

My guess is CR has an easier time getting broader rights because they're only doing streaming. Funimation probably wants at least the option of getting home video, which probably narrows their scope.

Not that I'm defending it per se. Just, I've dealt with rights stuff before and it's way harder to negotiate than aaaaaanyone who hasn't done is likely to realize. And with anime it's even harder, because there may be like, ten or twenty (or more) companies on the committee that all have to approve everything.
Oct 9, 2012 2:13 PM

Dec 2009
Well for us who do not get the Funi streams. It seems like WhyNot is subbing Robotics;Notes. And IMO tey usually do at least a decent job with their subs.
FansubDB do not list anyone doing Psycho Pass though -_-
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Delays Broadcast to 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by Memore »»
1 minute ago

» Fourth Season of 'Osomatsu-san' Announced

Vindstot - 16 minutes ago

3 by UhOhSPAGET »»
1 minute ago

» 'Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san' Manga Ends in Three Chapters

DatRandomDude - Jun 3

11 by Raratah »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

» Voice Actress Eiko Masuyama Dies at 89

DatRandomDude - Jun 3

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

5 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.