Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2012 5:10 PM

Oct 2011
Candor said:
Jeddy017 said:
Since this is going down a romance route,can someone make a SAO amv with this song:
No just no, there's no need to ruin the song.

Yeah,maybe it should be a Linkin Park song instead.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 15, 2012 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
To SAO fans/LN readers:
Wanna bet that the fight
in the 75th floor(and what follows that) will be an ass pull,deus ex machina,or whatever?
Because I already now the contents of that future thread.....
Sep 15, 2012 5:14 PM

Feb 2008
Those .gif pictures is so adorable :)
It's make my heart pounding (>_<)

Chizuruu said:
My god,
is too cute!

I had to .gif them >_<

Signature Sized (I think):

Feel free to use, just don't claim ya made it. If you want a specific scene .gif'd to signature or avatar than let me know the exact times (i.e. 15:23-15:32).
BlackbirdSep 15, 2012 5:18 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 15, 2012 5:14 PM

Dec 2010
baltazak said:
seriously how can you say that is a good episode!! -_-

If you expect people to respect your opinions even though you maintain no real basis for it (or at least don't explain it) then at least respect other peoples opinions, the first freaken 10 pages or w/e were about this very thing.
Sep 15, 2012 5:15 PM
Oct 2011
Jeddy017 said:
Candor said:
Jeddy017 said:
Since this is going down a romance route,can someone make a SAO amv with this song:
No just no, there's no need to ruin the song.

Yeah,maybe it should be a Linkin Park song instead.
lmao. Well played Jeddy, well played.
Candor123Sep 15, 2012 6:00 PM
Sep 15, 2012 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
Sorry to tell you this but this is part of main story as well.

Paul said:
Jeddy017 said:
So,when are we going to move back on with the story?Wait....this is the story?Oh.....when can I get to see more of Liz or Kiene?I'm sorry,but they had too little screen time.

Main story will be back on Ep 13.

AzylSagara said:
I was won over the Asuna x Kirito moments of them being together makes me tug my feelings with my first love.

Yui looks like Sachi to me I'm guessing there's some connection or it may just be me.

None. It's not a spoiler.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 15, 2012 5:17 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
To SAO fans/LN readers:
Wanna bet that the fight
in the 75th floor(and what follows that) will be an ass pull,deus ex machina,or whatever?
Because I already now the contents of that future thread.....

I wouldn't be surprised, i can imagine well enough how people will respond, but i personally thought it was a good twist and didn't mind the whole

Sep 15, 2012 5:17 PM

Mar 2012
Tsundereppoi said:
The reason this episode received a low rating is probably primarily because SAO attracts the wrong audiences for the wrong reasons. Shounen-bakas don't like happy-family lovey dovey stuff, in fact it makes them nauseous.
As for me, loved it for all the right reasons! Just hate cliffhangers.

Excuse me but it's not like that. I like romance. I can tolerate it if it's well done. I admit, I don't like romance to be the focus of the story almost never but if it's well done it's okay. SAO has not made a good romance. Maybe in the LN and that may be the reason why the LN readers keep defending the anime adaptation, because you read the whole story and liked it but us who are only watching the anime adaptation see a lot of flaws in this anime. It's not because romance makes us nauseous.
Sep 15, 2012 5:21 PM

May 2008
Blackbird said:
Those .gif pictures is so adorable :)
It's make my heart pounding (>_<)

Chizuruu said:
My god,
is too cute!

I had to .gif them >_<

Signature Sized (I think):

Feel free to use, just don't claim ya made it. If you want a specific scene .gif'd to signature or avatar than let me know the exact times (i.e. 15:23-15:32).

Thanks! ^^
Sep 15, 2012 5:22 PM

Dec 2010
uneksia said:
Tsundereppoi said:
The reason this episode received a low rating is probably primarily because SAO attracts the wrong audiences for the wrong reasons. Shounen-bakas don't like happy-family lovey dovey stuff, in fact it makes them nauseous.
As for me, loved it for all the right reasons! Just hate cliffhangers.

Excuse me but it's not like that. I like romance. I can tolerate it if it's well done. I admit, I don't like romance to be the focus of the story almost never but if it's well done it's okay. SAO has not made a good romance. Maybe in the LN and that may be the reason why the LN readers keep defending the anime adaptation, because you read the whole story and liked it but us who are only watching the anime adaptation see a lot of flaws in this anime. It's not because romance makes us nauseous.

So i get it straight does the romance in this series bother you because its fast paced? because if so and i'm not mistaken then you should understand that it doesn't take to long to form relationships and if you take the time skip into account it was a long time coming, but you are right the LN portrays this WAY better, that said just like people have a lot of hate for shows with hype like SAO, they should also have a bit of understanding that no anime will ever match its original source perfectly, for LN its even harder, i mean just look at how rushed Campione is....(episode 1 covered an entire freaken novel)
Sep 15, 2012 5:33 PM

Feb 2008
Yes I'm a LN reader, have reading it until Sword Art Online Volume 10 Chapter 4

Ah right I will remind every LN reader to start reading chapter 4 part 1, it's have been release already but what I can see but not fully translate yet.

@uneksia: Yes, I can see those flaws already since the anime is too rushing but they do cover the most important. O_o
LN is a masterpiece but yeah I can see those flaws as well for the anime , but usually I don't care much for that, it's still quite enjoyable.

This anime was focus for LN readers and the readers obviously want an anime for SAO LN.

I still can't believe people still flaming this thread by shit.

I know when I see a good anime, becuase I watch all kind of anime.
The most important part for me that anime is interesting.

When I do think it's boring I just drop it but even so I'm trying to watch a couple of episodes.

This setting between Kirito x Asuna is really good, what is it to complain anyway?
It's was kind of heartwarming episode.

Yui~ " Papa, Mama "

The novels sure have getting more interesting :)

Sep 15, 2012 5:35 PM

Dec 2010
Blackbird said:
So when can we see Suguha?

Likely three episodes from now. My guess anyway

Sep 15, 2012 5:40 PM

Aug 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Blackbird said:

And the harem will get one more girl.>_>
I hope they dont make the
too obvious before she
Sep 15, 2012 5:41 PM

Jan 2012
Blackbird said:

Sep 15, 2012 5:42 PM
Jul 2012
I am very intrigued by this thread with Yui wonder if it is a man or a program :)
Sep 15, 2012 5:43 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Blackbird said:

too obvious before she

Well it was still quite obvious, after all even the best "twists" are clear if people truly pay attention; its a bit of a shame tho since

Sep 15, 2012 5:43 PM

Dec 2010
jBui said:
Blackbird said:

Well obviously lol
Sep 15, 2012 5:48 PM

Aug 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Blackbird said:

too obvious before she

Well it was still quite obvious, after all even the best "twists" are clear if people truly pay attention; its a bit of a shame tho since

While the thing about Kayaba was spoiled to me
,with her I thought that it would be funny to be true when Lyfa started to help Kirito, but I never actually believed it.
Sep 15, 2012 5:51 PM

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
So i get it straight does the romance in this series bother you because its fast paced? because if so and i'm not mistaken then you should understand that it doesn't take to long to form relationships and if you take the time skip into account it was a long time coming, but you are right the LN portrays this WAY better, that said just like people have a lot of hate for shows with hype like SAO, they should also have a bit of understanding that no anime will ever match its original source perfectly, for LN its even harder, i mean just look at how rushed Campione is....(episode 1 covered an entire freaken novel)

Yeah, you're right, I don't like it because I felt it fast paced. I know you can develop feelings for someone very quickly but when did this happened in SAO? Because I missed it. The main couple has no chemistry to me. Eve now I can't see the love between them, I honestly think that Kirito had more chemistry with the pink haired girl. I understand too that it is not easy to portray it the same as the LN, but there are other anime based on LN that portray the romance in a much better way. Exaples: Shouma & Ringo from Mawaru Penguindrum, Shinra & Celty from DRRR and Nezumi & Shion from No. 6. Those are from LN and the romance there felt real, i'm not talking about the anime in general because they all had flaws. You guys keep defending the LN and I think everybody already understand that the LN must be good but you also need to understand that if you need the knowledge from the LN to feel it real or to like it then it fails as an anime adaptation.

Blackbird said:
@uneksia: Yes, I can see those flaws already since the anime is too rushing but they do cover the most important. O_o
LN is a masterpiece but yeah I can see those flaws as well for the anime , but usually I don't care much for that, it's still quite enjoyable.

This anime was focus for LN readers and the readers obviously want an anime for SAO LN.

IT doesn't matter if it covers the most important parts. Apparently, if you have no knowledge of the LN you can't fully enjoy this anime.
And i'm sorry but anime adaptations are to show a story to a different kind of audience.
Sep 15, 2012 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
well this episode had a different feel to it i felt like i was watching SAO the after stories lol but holy crap was Yui cute all i can really say right now

ps thanks for the nom nom Gif!
Sep 15, 2012 5:56 PM

Mar 2010
Yui has a really trippy problem.. A womens punishment is to be feared.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 15, 2012 6:10 PM

Jun 2010
(LN Reader ) WOW First off, I like to say YUI Seiyu did a great job. Thank you very much and she was way 2 Cute. Damn did I just want to hug her in the novel and in this episode. Also, based on the polls, not alot of people liked this episode. I was looking forward to the happy couple life and meeting YUI :) But There there was some things left out of course, one being the Town of Beginning and how they met the nun and the kids at the Chuch and stuff . I also wished they mention that Asuna wakes up 5 minutes before Kirito alarm clock to see his sleeping face. Oh well. Love the family and will ALO start as soon as probably the 16th episode. That is way to quick. I am on Volume 3 Chapter 4 as of today. Do they really plan on doing ALO in the remaining episodes.

Also please don't misunderstand this, I love the series and the novel and I think they are doing there best in having some information being compacted into one episode.
darkmar7Sep 15, 2012 6:13 PM
Sep 15, 2012 6:22 PM

Feb 2012
uneksia said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Yeah, you're right, I don't like it because I felt it fast paced. I know you can develop feelings for someone very quickly but when did this happened in SAO? Because I missed it. The main couple has no chemistry to me. Eve now I can't see the love between them, I honestly think that Kirito had more chemistry with the pink haired girl. I understand too that it is not easy to portray it the same as the LN, but there are other anime based on LN that portray the romance in a much better way. Exaples: Shouma & Ringo from Mawaru Penguindrum, Shinra & Celty from DRRR and Nezumi & Shion from No. 6. Those are from LN and the romance there felt real, i'm not talking about the anime in general because they all had flaws. You guys keep defending the LN and I think everybody already understand that the LN must be good but you also need to understand that if you need the knowledge from the LN to feel it real or to like it then it fails as an anime adaptation.

Blackbird said:

IT doesn't matter if it covers the most important parts. Apparently, if you have no knowledge of the LN you can't fully enjoy this anime.
And i'm sorry but anime adaptations are to show a story to a different kind of audience.

Even in the LN u dont really understand why asuna loves kirito the way she does till a certain fishing part. My point is that i think it portrays it fine. Kirito loves her because she actually protected him and he just fucking loves her cooking. Its not even rushed...their love i mean
Sep 15, 2012 6:24 PM

Dec 2010
WrathSC said:
uneksia said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Blackbird said:

Even in the LN u dont really understand why asuna loves kirito the way she does till a certain fishing part. My point is that i think it portrays it fine. Kirito loves her because she actually protected him and he just fucking loves her cooking. Its not even rushed...their love i mean

Also aren't they supposed to animate that fishing part as a special or something? that would be awesome :D
Sep 15, 2012 6:27 PM

Feb 2012
I dont think the fishing part is needed for the anime but the more the merrier lol
Sep 15, 2012 6:32 PM

Dec 2010
WrathSC said:
I dont think the fishing part is needed for the anime but the more the merrier lol

Well not as part of the anime (since with the Yui SS it would be hard to fit in) but as a special on the side it would be nice as it would explain why Asuna has liked Kirito for so long. I actually really liked that part where she was explaining it to that old guy who was fishing with the two of them.
Sep 15, 2012 6:33 PM

Jul 2011
It's almost impossible don't get any spoiler of SAO...
Sep 15, 2012 6:37 PM

Dec 2010
aiNkyy said:

? its almost impossible to not get spoiled on SAO? Well not really...just don't go on the forums or wikis, simple as that.
Sep 15, 2012 6:40 PM

Feb 2012
we didnt even spoil anything lol
Sep 15, 2012 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
WrathSC said:

It's funny because I thought I understood why Asuna loved Kirito so much, I mean he's always saving her and being nice to her, so I kinda accepted that as the reason why she loves him. And what time are you talking about? oh, you mean when he later had to kill someone to save her? not much of a reason if you ask me. And I love a lot of people's cooking doesn't mean i'm going to ask them to marry them.
Sep 15, 2012 6:52 PM

Dec 2010
uneksia said:
WrathSC said:

It's funny because I thought I understood why Asuna loved Kirito so much, I mean he's always saving her and being nice to her, so I kinda accepted that as the reason why she loves him. And what time are you talking about? oh, you mean when he later had to kill someone to save her? not much of a reason if you ask me. And I love a lot of people's cooking doesn't mean i'm going to ask them to marry them.

Sorry dude but not even close, the real reason has a lot more depth but if you want i guess i can summarize it quickly

Sep 15, 2012 6:52 PM

May 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
aiNkyy said:

? its almost impossible to not get spoiled on SAO? Well not really...just don't go on the forums or wikis, simple as that.
It's against the rules to talk about the source material beyond this episode's events, but no one seems to give a shit.

WrathSC said:
Actually there is lot of spoilers in this thread. One in page 14 spoils the ending of first volume for example.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 15, 2012 6:57 PM
Jul 2012
Karhu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
aiNkyy said:

It's against the rules to talk about the source material beyond this episode's events, but no one seems to give a shit.

WrathSC said:
Actually there is lot of spoilers in this thread. One in page 14 spoils the ending of first volume for example.

Holy shit, thanks for the warning. I'm glad i missed that, I thought the thread said not to discuss the novel or spoilers, but people are doing it anyways...
Sep 15, 2012 7:02 PM

Aug 2012
turbocheater said:
I am very intrigued by this thread with Yui wonder if it is a man or a program :)

UnbornMVs said:
Sooooooooooo , family life huh ? I liked the episode though , but i want to know what's the deal with the little girl

Uchihafan25 said:
I'm really intrigued with Yui, I wonder what her deal is? Maybe she's some apocalypse child of SAO?! That would be cool! Oh, and all of those Kirito x Asuna moments were toothache inducing! :D

Yui isn't a "Side" Character.

She's a "Supporting" Character - big difference.

Once you realize that, and Yui's origins, you can appreciate this episode a little more.

great episode. :] but the ending was a bit strange i wonder what that was all about.. o_O;

Aphton gave you a hint:
aphton said:
Yui is prone to a bufferoverflow bug

Translation: she’s receiving a boatload of information and can’t handle it.

What’s happening is:

winter_mint said:
I miss Lizbeth badly. >_<
I miss Silica very very very badly. T_T
If only there's an extra episode where everyone go for a picnic or something.

However, I do agree that Kirito and Asuna make quite a good couple and Yui will be an awesome daughter. Wish them the best!! :')

Oh they’ll be together again…

kenshin_sama said:
Kirito x Asuna moments made this really enjoyable. Yui is cute too. ^^

I’m really glad they slow-played it. I know many of the anime-viewers want action, but this really was a treat to watch.
JerrychiangSep 15, 2012 7:09 PM
Sep 15, 2012 7:04 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
uneksia said:
WrathSC said:

Sorry dude but not even close, the real reason has a lot more depth but if you want i guess i can summarize it quickly

So yeah she pretty much loves him because he's a cool guy, same reason everybody loves him so far (girls just can't resist him in this anime).

Nothing wrong with that but so far all we get from her is...she's a tsundere..and yeah that's all there is to her character at this point.
Sep 15, 2012 7:06 PM

Oct 2010
TIME TO PUT SOME COLORS!

Ahem, they still do kick ass poses. Of all the episode and suddenly this.

The delight must have been very good on many. Asuna fans that like her in combat especially.

To me it showed Asuna can be an aggressive mother. Ready to protect kids or those she deems precious from harm's way. Notice the Asuna serious face there.

I still find the SFX of that part quite good.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 15, 2012 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
uneksia said:
WrathSC said:

Sounds like a good reason to love someone. But as I said before, I have no problems understanding her love. It's Kirito's love the one I don't understand and feels empty to me, which leaves me unsatisfied because he's the main character and I should understand his actions and feelings well.
Sep 15, 2012 7:13 PM

Mar 2011
Good episode, a little boring.
What happened with Yui is disturbing
Sep 15, 2012 7:14 PM

Aug 2008

So far Kirito just loves to be overprotective of people. And since Asuna is pretty much the definition of a dependent gf, it's probably just natural for him (like how he was with Sachi).

Guess that's just how he rolls, like said before there's no real depth to it.
hyperknees91Sep 15, 2012 7:18 PM
Sep 15, 2012 7:16 PM

Dec 2010
uneksia said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
uneksia said:
WrathSC said:

Sounds like a good reason to love someone. But as I said before, I have no problems understanding her love. It's Kirito's love the one I don't understand and feels empty to me, which leaves me unsatisfied because he's the main character and I should understand his actions and feelings well.

Well as for Kiritos feelings they actually showed more if it in the anime than Asuna (that fishing scene wasn't shown after all) but i guess i can summarize Kiritos as well

Sep 15, 2012 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
uneksia said:

The problem with the anime adaptation is that there are too many things from the LN that are never conceptualized due to the nature of how it's been told(1st person POV). This really isn't the series fault as I don't think it could be expressed as well as they did in the LN(unless they had Kito actually express his thought via bubble). This is one of the flaws which I can see in the anime and one of the reasons why I ended up having to read the LN. They also left a lot of Auna's side story in episode 2 which made her a bland and unlovable character.
Sep 15, 2012 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
Having never read the LN, I really liked this episode^^ As for the disappearance of the side female characters, I really don't mind. I like just watching Asuna and Kirito. I never really liked the side female characters anyways. Probably just me though. Anyways, loved this episode; can't wait for next one! <3

And I hear that there will be a second season! HURRAY for that! <3 ^^

Asuna x Kirito always<3
xriceball26Sep 15, 2012 7:51 PM
Sep 15, 2012 7:30 PM
Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:

So far Kirito just loves to be overprotective of people. And since Asuna is pretty much the definition of a dependent gf, it's probably just natural for him (like how he was with Sachi).

The thing is... he likes her because she's strong person, someone he can depend on and someone who he could entrust his back to.
Sep 15, 2012 7:35 PM

Aug 2008
hiddensurvivor said:
hyperknees91 said:

The thing is... he likes her because she's strong person, someone he can depend on and someone who he could entrust his back to.

Uh...but she's not a strong person..at all (that's a farce she puts on).
Sep 15, 2012 7:37 PM

Feb 2012
hyperknees91 said:
hiddensurvivor said:
hyperknees91 said:

no....shes acutally strong. she protected him and is the vice commander of the strongest guild in SAO....she probably like 3rd strongest in the entire game....
Sep 15, 2012 7:38 PM

Apr 2012
Good Episode. The only reason I watch this anime is for the romantic parts :3
Sep 15, 2012 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
WrathSC said:
hyperknees91 said:
hiddensurvivor said:
hyperknees91 said:

She has strong character stats, and is skilled at the game, but as a person she's quite weak hearted (not too different from sachi the previous girl he had a thing for).

Sep 15, 2012 7:40 PM

Dec 2010
hyperknees91 said:
hiddensurvivor said:
hyperknees91 said:

Very true she isn't strong, Mothers Rosario showed that very clearly (the 7th novel) but that said the same to a lesser extent could be said of Kirito considering how broken he is in many aspects and how his trauma affects him (shown in the GGO arc). it would be bring up the whole question what is true strength and stuff like that.
Sep 15, 2012 7:42 PM

Dec 2010
hyperknees91 said:
WrathSC said:
hyperknees91 said:
hiddensurvivor said:
hyperknees91 said:

She has strong character stats, and is skilled at the game, but as a person she's quite weak hearted (not too different from sachi the previous girl he had a thing for).

Sigh i guess its to be expected since the anime didn't clarify it all that well, but he never had a thing for Sachi the LN described it like this "two cats licking the others wounds" or something like that, they were friends but never more than that. Even Kirito in the novel said it was clear that there was no romantic relationship between them.
Sep 15, 2012 7:44 PM

May 2010
Change of pace an happy episode with the new duo playing house along with a new daughter, nothing but smiles from me till the end
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Oct 6

27 by MeguSae38 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

77 by naceale2019 »»
Oct 16, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1447 by thugnation1337 »»
Oct 6, 6:26 AM

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Oct 4, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1271 by Boopry »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.