Forum Settings
Forums

Most pointless anime/genre you ever watched?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 10, 2012 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
Usually slice of life animes are pointless.

But my favorite genre is slice of life. I just love a group of characters just in a room making weird jokes and discussions.
Which is why I love Yuru Yuri, K-ON, and Lucky Star so much.
Jul 10, 2012 2:06 PM

Feb 2011
Highschool of the Dead.. I was all hyped up for it I thought it would be about surviving. But I just lost my sanity when he shoots the rifle inbetween her boobs with the slow motion and zoomed in. I just couldnt handle all the stupid ecchi parts for no reason.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.. I swear the way everyone goes on about this show I thought it would be god's gift to the world. I forced myself to watch the whole thing and I wasnt impressed.

Toradora.. Same as above another overrated piece of junk. I didnt even bother to watch the final episode
Jul 10, 2012 4:34 PM
Jul 2012
chobits and Rosario + Vampire those 2 are so weird I have no idea how I managed to watch so many episodes of them god something is wrong with me
Jul 10, 2012 4:45 PM

May 2010
Jubei-chan (Both Seasons 1-2)-I often faceplamed myself when I saw this anime, I got annoyed at Jiyuu's oblivious nature and the second season was even worse, nothing new was going on and the new characters were more annoying than Jiyuu was, so I dropped S2 two episodes in.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny-Again there was nothing new to be told, they just recycled the plot from the first series with a few tweaks here and there, plus upped the ante on how annoying the characters could be.

Sailor Moon SuperS-Each and every single episode was the same shit, the plot was so cliche and facepalm worthy. It didn't help that annoying Chibi-Usa was the main focus of the series. I couldn't watch it anymore when I was half-way through the series, everything about it was so pointless and overrated as ever.
Jul 10, 2012 4:56 PM

Feb 2011
Blood-C. It should have settled for a three episode OVA.
Jul 10, 2012 5:08 PM

Dec 2010
Slice-of-life animes have the higest potential to be pointless out of all genres.

Jul 10, 2012 5:35 PM

Jan 2010
The thing where characters with varying personalities go around and do stuff. Doesn't even need to be high school girls or whatever. It's a nice idea, where strong personalities can come together or collide and drive the show, but when there's nothing more than just characters doing stuff, it's pretty pointless.

Can it be fun and interesting, sure, but it's still pretty pointless.
Jul 10, 2012 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
Anime in general is pointless to watch..yet here we are..
Jul 10, 2012 5:41 PM

Oct 2010
Well, I'll take it the other way and say those series have a clear point from the beginning which lacks in many supposedly story-driven shows: the focus on daily scenes and situations of the characters.

I guess I see the word "pointless" as a more negative thing than anything, basically for those shows which don't have clear where to go through their storyline. So for example FLCL is not pointless, it is focused on the absurd and eccentricities to get a clear humorous effect, the same could be said about K-On!, it is supposed to deal with daily scenes of the girls and it clearly does.
Jul 10, 2012 5:47 PM

May 2008
Kibernetika said:
FauxAzn said:
Pointless genre: Vampire.

Why only vampire? Why not zombie, alien, dragon, etc?

Damnit Twilight.

No, no, no. There are really good ones in this genre, like Blood+. This one is my favorite^^
Though I agree with Twilight. Thats even kinda funny, when you actually see that "sparkling vampire". LOL.

…right, but here, we’re supposed to be discussing the pointlessness of a title / genre, not if you simply liked / hated the genre. I’m not saying that all the vampire anime out there are pointless, but the induction of a whole new genre for a single type of creature?
Jul 10, 2012 7:09 PM

Dec 2010
shounens
Jul 10, 2012 7:18 PM

May 2012
anime series that never seems to end and leaving lots of filers in it
Jul 10, 2012 8:11 PM

Apr 2012
Maburaho
Was on one of my harem tirades decided to try it out got about half way through it and just had to drop it, it honestly made me feel as though i had gotten stupider.
Jul 10, 2012 10:24 PM

May 2012
Okusama wa Joshikousei/My Wife is a High School Girl--Boring!! The main character's only objective is to have sex with her husband, and she never even does...it's pathetic.
Jul 10, 2012 10:29 PM

Apr 2010
Michiko to Hatchin. I really wish I had dropped this show. It was all wishful thinking it would get better after the first half.

Nov 26, 2012 9:13 AM

Sep 2010
Shadowmire said:
Highschool of the Dead - which is also my least favorite anime of all time.

This could possibly be it.
Nov 26, 2012 10:11 AM
Jun 2012
High school f the dead
- - - most stupid waste of time ever on the entire anime related planet
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What time in a day do you enjoy watching anime the most?

Rinrinka - 10 hours ago

35 by Daviljoe193 »»
1 minute ago

» What is an "ironic weeaboo"?

IdeDial - 9 hours ago

15 by MadanielFL »»
14 minutes ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - May 29

31 by Euri_Makishima »»
22 minutes ago

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - May 29

17 by Lhundrup »»
1 hour ago

» What does your waifu expect of you?

SgtBateMan - Today

21 by SgtBateMan »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.