Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 18, 2011 2:21 AM
Dec 2007
CrimsonLight said:
That ugly nun isn't likeable and she's over fuckin' powered. I hope she dies soon.

This. Plus I'm strongly rooting for Tomogara as they're cooler and more interesting than fucking Flame Haze invaders now. This war is just badly depicted, I hope the series will focus more on what it does best (romance with mild fantasy action) because strategy and big-scale battles are clearly not its forte.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 18, 2011 2:47 AM
Nov 2011
It was OK.
Watching the episode felt to me as though I had accidentally skipped one. Keisaku opened up the scene and half the episode seemed to be concentrated relationship building. Come to the actual events from the episode before, the weather is suddenly a blizzard. The fight looked way too imbalanced and my biggest gripe is that Decarabia, who was built up over the past episodes and features as a central focus at the end of the OP, is 1-hit-KOed by a character that doesn't have enough rapport with the audience to make it feel anything near justified.
Dec 18, 2011 2:48 AM

Apr 2010
This episode had great action.... but they killed off Decarabia!

OMG what a waste of the most awesome Tomogara created thus far :(
Dec 18, 2011 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
hazrauken said:
things are getting from silly to rediculous. i gave it 2/5
for a few reasons:
I cant sympathise with flame hazes, even shana at the moment as they seem like heartless killers while bal masque has personalities

Imbalence of power in action, for example, lets see how many named flame hazes have died this series so far, 0. how many named bal masque, 3-4. they try to cover up the imbalence that has been scripted into this by having bal masque win fights against strong flame hazes: for example lion dude, or how fecor was killed when he was protecting things by a random apperition who wanted only to get to its master not ruin the whole thing. remember lion dude WON the fight and decided to look into space insted of kill her for long enough for her to kill him. it was PATHETIC.
decarbia, gonna kill some unimportant people, fine. gonnna fight a named charicter when he is VERY STRONG, boom. nun flies out and kills him in 5 seconds.

Extreme dialog: apart from shana saying "im going to find yuji and beat him" and margery waking up and getting together with that guy.. what was achived in the first 11 minutes.
they spent 11 mins doing dialoge and 5 seconds killing of the general of bal masuqe

have i started yet on how in all the action except from when decarbia was present the WHOLE OF THE DEFENSIVE FORCES couldnt kill 1 PERSON. Which is why i dont see why they are worried now the main army has come because there is 1 named char and therefore 1 person who they might have to consider fighting.

I cannot wait until sabrac has a decent fight scene, unless he is killed in 5 seconds or decided to bash one off or somthing until he dies.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well, the enemies especially the strong ones are just going down like flies whereas it doesn't look like any of the more experienced flame haze are ever going to be killed >:( I started rooting against the flame haze in this war a few episodes back and I think it's gonna continue for a long time >.<
Dec 18, 2011 5:38 AM

Oct 2011
Always these cliffhangers at the ending makes you wanna see the next one so badly!
Dec 18, 2011 7:42 AM
Apr 2011
Well, wtf was that ? Decarabia one hitted was retarded and what's up with shana BS power up and her retarded mind that can only think "Must defeat yuji because he is stronger than me now" what are these guys ? Mindless killing machines..seriously
The tomogara are much more likeable right now.
Dec 18, 2011 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
I'm surprised people are a bit shocked/disapointed with all of the one-sided fights, villians getting one-shot and generally bland combat. SnS has always run with the idea of "lots of action, but we never actually show you the action". Loads of fighting, but it's typically dominated by plenty of talking and taunting and flashy attacks that look cool but generally achieve nothing. Except for the occasional fight (and these are done well, I admit!) there is barely ever any actual combat scenes in this series, just people throwing attacks at each other in disjointed sequences one after another until they see fit to finally have some super powerful attack finish off one party at last.

But that's just how SnS is; lots of action in exchange for the action sequences being pretty simple. Hopefully the rest of this season will have a good chunk of action to make up for the large amount of setup and exposition in the first 8 or so episodes (to balance it out, per say), or maybe they'll suddenly pull something like Fate/Zero quality fighting animation out of nowhere and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I gave up on watching SnS for well-produced fight sequences, or kills that aren't one-shots, long ago. Now it's just out of attachment to many of the characters, genuine curiosity where the plot is going, and to find out what happens with all of the various romances.

On that last note, this season was worth it alone for that scene with Margery and Satou. That was some pretty darn good dialogue, and it was certainly a fitting climax to the hints of romance that has been swirling around those two since season one. Glad they saw it through to this.
Dec 18, 2011 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
Decarabia was my favorite character...
Dec 18, 2011 12:05 PM

Jan 2011
OMG that was a great episode and it is only getting better.
Dec 18, 2011 12:29 PM

Jan 2011
This was a pretty good episode, starting to clear up doubts I had.
Dec 18, 2011 2:32 PM
Feb 2011
Looks like I won't be coming back - nothing good here.

I liked Decarabia and thought he should have been around longer. Fecor's death was sad and seemed like it was used to show off Nientono no Shana's power (and no one was around to see it). I don't like Sophie (the nun) much - don't know why. The weather change is also WTF.

The sympathy here for the tomogara is disturbing. My only knowledge comes from the anime but it seems many of you haven't seen the previous seasons. Tomogara are greedy buggers that kill defenseless humans to gain their power. Who knows how many humans were killed by each one of them - exception: Spiral Organ. Flame haze kill them because, obviously, tomgara continue to disturb the balance (pretty much slaughtering people). Flame haze are contracted from humans on the verge of death by a tomagara - exception: Shana. I'm surprised how many flame haze there are but they're all there thanks to how "heartless" and greedy the tomagara are. I'm glad the tomogara are not just a faceless evil from the previous seasons (except the trinity) but they're still evil, and bad guys tend to lose. They also started this coordinated war.

As for Sophie being overpowered, no shit. She's supposedly the most powerful (I think she thinks Shana is stronger) and her equivalents are in the god gate. Tomogara are weaker but they make up for it in numbers.

Someone mentioned that the flame haze haven't lost a single named character. Wrong, there was that one killed in Shanghai. Lasted a single episode like the camel. Which reminds me, Sydonay was going around easily destroying outlaws and flame haze some episodes ago. Did you forget already?

Sympathize with the tomogara? You're retarded.

"Plus I'm strongly rooting for Tomogara as they're cooler and more interesting than fucking Flame Haze invaders now"
Sure, the tomogara leave guze to come eat people for their power of existence and you call the flame haze the invaders? I'm not sticking around as I'm about to get an aneurysm.
jcs1Dec 18, 2011 2:39 PM
Dec 18, 2011 3:27 PM

Jun 2008
Margery should really adapt her bed look in the day too.
Damn, Keisaku you lucky bastard.

Oh! yeah there were also some wars and staff but whatever, lol.
Dec 18, 2011 5:23 PM

Nov 2008
kenshin_sama said:
LoveXann said:
CrimsonLight said:
That ugly nun isn't likeable and she's over fuckin' powered. I hope she dies soon.

100% with you on that

i dont get u guys. i personally think shes pretty badass
not sure about the hype over Decarabia, i honestly see no interesting qualities in this guy

Thank you. I thought Sophie was pretty cool, and kicked butt...Also loved the scene between Keisaku x Margery.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 18, 2011 9:38 PM
Apr 2011
isn't Keisaku 15 or 16...?
Dec 18, 2011 10:45 PM

Sep 2009
dancingpenguin said:
Yeah I'm wondering about this as well. If Keisaku is in fact a little older, then I'm totally fine with the Keisaku x Margery scene...otherwise it's a little weird.

I hope Yuuji and Shana's romance is fully realized, since other characters get to have so much development.
Dec 19, 2011 12:31 AM

Jul 2008
I liked the Keisaku/Margery scene a lot.
Dec 19, 2011 12:58 AM
Apr 2011
They fucked.
Dec 19, 2011 6:24 AM
Aug 2011
saxophone15 said:
dancingpenguin said:
Yeah I'm wondering about this as well. If Keisaku is in fact a little older, then I'm totally fine with the Keisaku x Margery scene...otherwise it's a little weird.

It's anime. There's far worse things in hentai than a possibly slightly underage dude fucking.
Dec 19, 2011 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
They want to make a collosal war, too much different from the previous two seasons, and needed many cannon fodders from both side.
chrono564 said:
what are these guys ? Mindless killing machines..seriously
More or less, isn't that's what Flame Haze are. Exception by character design would be Alastor's last two Flame Haze, but all other Flame Haze are contracted based on their grudge against Tomogara and their purpose is to kill those invading bastards.

It made them easier to drive to their king's purpose which is stopping as many tomogara as possible to stop their own world from getting pulled down together if human world falls because of the existence power's resource over-exploitation.
Dec 19, 2011 11:08 AM

Jun 2010
I'm a bit sad that Decarabia was defeated that quickly, even if it was one of the more powerful Flame Hazes (at least I assume she is one of the more powerful ones).

Glad Sabrac is going to be in the next episode, he sure was a pain in the ass to "defeat" last time. Looks like next episode is going to be interesting...
Zfish9Dec 19, 2011 11:27 AM
Dec 19, 2011 12:59 PM

Feb 2009
come on Bal Masque!!
i'm rooting for you guys....
and yeah, Damn you Keisaku!
Dec 19, 2011 1:37 PM

Mar 2011
Mega Eel vs Super Nun! Power of Christ compel!
Dec 19, 2011 2:32 PM

May 2011
I didn't expect what happened between Margery and Keisaku wow. She looks better with her hair down like that too tbh. Well in other news, it looks like she'll be joining the fight soon and I am looking forward to that.

Sophie is one strong ass mother fucker, she wiped the floor clean with Decarabia in one shot. He sacrificed his life for the reinforcements and now the flame hazes looks like they're screwed. Wonder how they're going to get out of that.

Shana got a huge power upgrade after what happened last episode, wow she's even got an all seeing eye. Can't wait to see her meeting with Yuji now.
Dec 19, 2011 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Yay! Margery and Satou are finally together! I was waiting for that to happen for so long now!

I really hope the next episode's fight will be better than what we have seen so far. That Decrabia died so soon really pisses me off :/
Sophie seems strange, I don't like her either.
Dec 19, 2011 6:56 PM
Dec 2011
Can't wait for Sabrac's Full Power Action!!

GO, GO, GO!! S-A-B-R-A-C~~!!! \(OAO)/
Dec 19, 2011 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
I can't believe he actually nailed her.

Also Decarabia dead? I wanted him to put up a great fight. :(
Dec 20, 2011 1:41 AM
Dec 2010
jcs1 said:
Looks like I won't be coming back - nothing good here.

I liked Decarabia and thought he should have been around longer. Fecor's death was sad and seemed like it was used to show off Nientono no Shana's power (and no one was around to see it). I don't like Sophie (the nun) much - don't know why. The weather change is also WTF.

The sympathy here for the tomogara is disturbing. My only knowledge comes from the anime but it seems many of you haven't seen the previous seasons. Tomogara are greedy buggers that kill defenseless humans to gain their power. Who knows how many humans were killed by each one of them - exception: Spiral Organ. Flame haze kill them because, obviously, tomgara continue to disturb the balance (pretty much slaughtering people). Flame haze are contracted from humans on the verge of death by a tomagara - exception: Shana. I'm surprised how many flame haze there are but they're all there thanks to how "heartless" and greedy the tomagara are. I'm glad the tomogara are not just a faceless evil from the previous seasons (except the trinity) but they're still evil, and bad guys tend to lose. They also started this coordinated war.

As for Sophie being overpowered, no shit. She's supposedly the most powerful (I think she thinks Shana is stronger) and her equivalents are in the god gate. Tomogara are weaker but they make up for it in numbers.

Someone mentioned that the flame haze haven't lost a single named character. Wrong, there was that one killed in Shanghai. Lasted a single episode like the camel. Which reminds me, Sydonay was going around easily destroying outlaws and flame haze some episodes ago. Did you forget already?

Sympathize with the tomogara? You're retarded.

"Plus I'm strongly rooting for Tomogara as they're cooler and more interesting than fucking Flame Haze invaders now"
Sure, the tomogara leave guze to come eat people for their power of existence and you call the flame haze the invaders? I'm not sticking around as I'm about to get an aneurysm.

Completely agree. I can never root for the Denizens no matter how "cool" they are. How can anyone sympathize with the Tomogara when if given the option would eliminate all of humanity for their existence!
Dec 20, 2011 6:33 PM

Dec 2011
I'm really rooting for Bal Masqe now...the Flame Hazes are just getting more and more unlikable, even Shana, I'm hoping Yuji owns every one of them now, especially Sophie.
Dec 21, 2011 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
Margery + hair down + loosing glasses = BiG Bang
Dec 21, 2011 11:13 AM

Feb 2011
My beautifull Nightingale, Margery Daw, slept with Keisaku-san ! Awesome. I agree with the CrimsonLight, this ugly Nun isn't likeable at all. Concerning Sabrac, I hope he will change side because I don't wan't a character as awesome as he is to die.
Forever Berserk
Dec 21, 2011 4:01 PM

Feb 2010
Dang. Satou hooked up with Margery finally.
She was really cute in that scene too =3=
Dec 21, 2011 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
nooooooo Decarabiaaaaaa

:(
Dec 21, 2011 11:21 PM

Feb 2011
Too bad that Tenmoku Ikko was only there for a short time, he is for sure really bad ass.

PS: Adios Decarabia, you were a proud and worthy opponent.
Forever Berserk
Dec 22, 2011 12:11 AM

Sep 2006
Not sure why you guys liked the Eel so much. He was pretty much aloof to Sydonay the whole time and speaking in some mystery void.

I agree that Bal Masque are more interesting this time round, but Bal Masque, NOT the random Tomogara. Guys like Fecor, Trinity, Sabrac and the Professor.

Flame Haze has its own interesting group too, but they seem to be either inside the Divine Gate right now or in Margery's group. Shana seems to have gotten a anime/manga character rewrite.

I agree that there needs to be more development with the generals especially the Flame Haze side which seems quite immortal so far. But that should change once Bal Masque team returns from the gate with Yuuji.
Dec 22, 2011 4:01 AM

Apr 2008
Maybe if the eel is voiced by Wakamoto...
*random idea*
Well, he's unique in his own way. That habit of hiding in void made him stand out against random general just introduced in season 3. That, and how he's entrusted with the command of defending the base when everyone's out gave him impression of quick acting and responsible character.

For this time, Bal Masque is shown to be weaker and opressed against the Flame Haze during this battle. Maybe that's the reason. Usually human is rooting for the weaker/victim and underdog side. Would be different if the war got one sided the other way around despite of characterization.
Dec 23, 2011 3:03 AM

Sep 2010
Lol. Margery was awake. I didn't expect it too turn out like this for her and Satou though after all this time.
Those office guys at the battlefield are looking really funny.

I'm glad at least the good old Shana is back, because it's a show about her and not about the generals of the army of flame haze. This season give off a completely different vibe than the previous one, there's almost none Margery, Satou, Tanaka and of course Yoshida. Also there's almost nothing in the happening in the city, even though all previous seasons were only about the city. But I think the city will come back if I look at the preview.
Dec 23, 2011 7:47 AM

Dec 2009
The only good part was Margery and Keisaku. :3
At least next episode we will have some human fights. "Human" > the blue haired guy.
Dec 23, 2011 10:53 AM
Jul 2009
Doomclaw said:
jcs1 said:

Completely agree. I can never root for the Denizens no matter how "cool" they are. How can anyone sympathize with the Tomogara when if given the option would eliminate all of humanity for their existence!
Seconded. Perhaps it's that "evil is cool" line of thought you'd find people adhering to. Or maybe people are so intent on hating this series, they'll side with the villains--and, in so doing, see them in a different way (maybe even one not intended by the author, as very few Tomogara are characterized in a positive light).

Anyway, Sophie's attack was freaking epic. Judging from her appearance on the battlefield in the previous episode, I could tell she was capable of awesome things, but a lightning Falcon Kick (for lack of a better way to describe it, heh)? lol Definitely one of my favorite characters in the series, now.
Dec 23, 2011 3:59 PM
Jun 2011
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it almost seems as if the writers/producers/whatever anticipated another season to develop the characters a little more, put in a little more action, in order to prepare for the final season. Then an executive came in and said "You have one season, wrap it up". So now the writers/producers are rushing to create a rising action, a climax, and a drop all in a 24 episode season that was originally intended for double that.

Idk, I may be talking out of my a** when I say that so eh. But on a larger note, Margery and Keisaku, I did NOT expect that sort of development to actually happen on-screen, and I am glad for it.
Dec 24, 2011 9:30 AM

Nov 2010
Wait .. when did Satou got interested in Margery?!
but whatever ... it was a good episode.
Dec 24, 2011 9:46 AM

Sep 2010
hgeronimo said:
Wait .. when did Satou got interested in Margery?!
but whatever ... it was a good episode.
Seriously, did you pay any attention at all in the previous two seasons? Satou always gets deredere with Margery and if you look at his actions and way of doing things it was really clear that he liked her or was interested in her more than usual.
It's rather Margery liking Satou that way that was the surprising fact.
Dec 26, 2011 8:47 AM
Dec 2011
fuck you nun for killing decarabia! I hope the gas mask guy poison gas you all flame hazes!(except for shana,Wilhelmina,kamishin...etc)
Dec 26, 2011 9:20 AM

Jan 2009
Shanablaze said:
amirhoss said:
Margery + hair down + loosing glasses = Sexy

Fixed*

which leads to a big bang :P
Dec 28, 2011 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
And so another big name member of Bal Masque bites the dust. With the exception of that one member from the Shanghai branch, no major Flame Haze has fallen in battle so far. Not a good omen for Bal Masque and unbelievably lucky for the Flame Haze. I have a feeling that when one major Flame Haze falls, others are quickly going to follow, however.

I'm not surprised at Decarabia's quick death to Sophie, because she was the leader (presumably one of the strongest) of the Flame Haze army, while he/it was a ranking enemy officer with a comparatively lower rank. Not to mention it was a surprise attack.

Love has finally ripened for Keisaku and Margery, huh. She has become his reason for living, and he will now become her new raison d'être as well. It was going to happen sooner or later, but I was still a bit surprised. Just as they say in other shows, Keisaku also "climbed the stairway to adulthood" in the process.

Margery and Keisaku going that far was a bit unexpected, but a nice development for the two of them, I guess. More couples in shows containing romance is good. Naturally, this also opens the way for potentially similar development with the other couples.
Dec 28, 2011 4:40 PM

Jul 2010
Do anyone noticed FMA easter egg on 11:25-11:27?
Jan 3, 2012 10:39 AM

Aug 2007
Margery and Keisaku unexpected? It's been going on for two freaking seasons. But quite nice that they got it going, hoho. Margery, so raburi.

Oh yeah, that granny kick from Sophia.

Also: anyone else noticed that the Triad walks sooooo slowly to their goal? I mean, it's better to be quick and make it in time to return. Such fools. Or it was just their plan.
DragonsWhipJan 4, 2012 1:43 AM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 7, 2012 11:11 PM

Sep 2008
Putting aside the fact that Margery is so much older than Satou, the pairing is terrible. It almost completely came out of the blue and there was no prior romance or feelings or anything. Just looked like a school kid sleeping with an oldish woman to make her feel better. Urgh.

The nun hag is annoying. Why does she get magical sky diving hax? She killed the awesome Eel guy like it was nothing. Most of their strategies are making little to no sense and there is still a ton of pointless dialogue everywhere.

The Flame Hazes are overpowered and have been killing all the poor Tomogara since the fights started. The outcomes of all the battles are so obvious. I've grown more attached to all of the Tomogora than I did to the Flame Hazes.

Shana's random new powers aren't explained at all. Neither are most of the powers in the show. I miss the first season where they didn't introduce a new type of spell (or whatever their abilities are) every 10 seconds.

That's my rant.
Jan 9, 2012 12:47 AM

Jun 2009
Keisaku got my respect. I mean, what are the chances you'll bone a hot and powerful Flame Haze?

Jan 15, 2012 4:07 AM

Jun 2011
Am i the only one that hates Keisaku?
Jan 16, 2012 10:37 PM

Aug 2011
I thought the bed scene came out of nowhere too. What a lucky dude. Margery is hundreds of years old though... slightly disturbing.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

35 by CrimsonCW »»
Jul 30, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

185 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.