Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 21, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end everything was solved by Shu using another mysterious power and destroying the satelite? Pretty meh resolution imo.
Jan 29, 2020 5:21 PM

Aug 2017
Disliked. MC is still an overpowered twerp. I want him to perish.
Jan 31, 2020 3:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Who is the worst, Shu or Gai ? I don't know but they're both really bad, it's a pity because the story is kinda cool so far but these characters are unbearable
Sep 23, 2021 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
This anime isn't getting good at all. it just keeps being bad
dropped 1/10
Dec 6, 2021 12:08 PM

May 2016
6 episodes in and shu is like the biggest loser character ever and he just won't stop being one lol
Jan 10, 2022 6:16 AM

Dec 2007
best episode so far.
and by best i mean the only one the made me enough excited to see what next. the "battles" are so meaningless...
Mar 4, 2022 9:19 AM
Nov 2020
waiting for character development because right now mc is not it
Mar 24, 2022 3:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Gai is probably thinking "How TF did I let this loser get the Void Genome..." Like if this guy cares so much about saving people's lives, maybe he would consider the flying death ray orbiting above them in space?

Gai realizes he is having his confessional booth session not with Inori, but with Shu, who he proceeds to beat tf out of- until Shu somehow lands a hit himself. After stating that he is bearing much weight, Shu then helps pick up Gai's cross off the floor. How symbolic, maybe it will be Shu to eventually carry the weight that Gai is currently bearing. I hope that doesn't mean Gai dies anytime soon though. I will need someone around to continue to give Shu a good beating, besides wheel-chair girl that is.

And now we have the best scene we've gotten so far:

Inori: *warns attackers not to come closer or else she will open fire, stating that she does not want to kill them*

Attackers: *proceeds to attack anyway*

Inori: *empties both clips*

Shu: "wHy WouLD YOu dO tHAt??!"

Can someone shoot this guy please

....sigh. Anyway, turns out Gai was aware of the pen this whole time, but in the end it turns out it didn't really matter anyway. Segai came face to face with Gai nonetheless. What does matter is that it was actually not just a homing device, but a trigger for the Leucocyte to lock on to. Now a deal has been proposed to manage the incoming satellite, in exchange for getting Shu's slate wiped clean.

But what was the plan there exactly? What if Shu didn't use that void to shoot down the satellite (which looked marvelous by the way), was anyone else locking onto it to shoot it down? Because Gai seemed like he was getting ready to sacrifice himself, and looked quite surprised when Shu showed up with a really big gun. Idk, doesn't matter, Shu saved the day. Next

Inori is probably some sort of clone, or maybe the daughter of a woman whom Gai used to love. Whoever she is, Shu is also getting flashbacks of this mysterious woman, and must somehow be related in a way to her.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 6, 2022 3:10 PM

Feb 2012
I was right, the pen Shu received to stop Gai was a trigger and a target for a kill sat.

The awkward moment when Gai realizes he wasn't talking about his problems to Inori but to Shu.

So the plan is to use the pen to trigger a kill sat deliberately while a falling sat is in its line-of-fire.

When Shu get's Inori's void this time, for a few frames, her hair and clothes look different. Is this the dying person Gai was talking to in the flashback? Is Inori a clone or relative of this person? (she does give off Rei Ayanami vibes, after all)

No need for the plan, when there's Shu's deusvoid ex machinachest.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:06 PM

Jul 2021
As much as I enjoy the action scenes, they don't become my favorites when they are mere spectacles without meaning. Gai revealing his inner conflicts was fun. If Inori had had a real personality, her scene of pensive looking in the rain might have had more impact, but that depends more on the context.

Nov 3, 2022 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
Inori: "Do you want to help a criminal?"

Shuu: *Nods*

Impeccable writing!
Jan 17, 2023 1:06 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What even happens in this show anymore. I can't keep up.
Feb 13, 2023 2:07 PM
Feb 2023
Gai looks good but he get more unsympathic every episode
May 8, 2023 7:29 AM

Jul 2016
Shuu recreated Aurora borealis at a damn dam

Liking how Gai revealed how he isn't as confident as he makes himself appear.
May 27, 2023 12:12 AM

May 2023
HHaahaha the pen being a deathbeam target. Should've seen that.

removed-user said:
Inori: "Do you want to help a criminal?"

Shuu: *Nods*

Impeccable writing!
lol SimpShu
Jun 25, 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
Could not finish this episode, one of the most cringe things I've seen to this date.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

43 by Merve2Love »»
Jul 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

504 by Firemax »»
Jul 13, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.