Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2011 3:43 PM

Feb 2011
kamina99 said:
MulberryMokona said:
Wow. Satan doesn't seem so satanic anymore. What happened to this series?

agreed, i never liked this, too... i mean, the writer do know how satan was supposed to be orginated from, right?? Never knew he could do that, but hey, thats a suprise, but the lack of historical correctness in the ANIME is beyond me.... well, lets just see how it ends :/

Historical correctness? It's an entirely fictional setting. It may as well be set in an alternate universe. Sure, you have the "Vatican," but we only see small ties to reality and religion. Religion is open to interpretation, because whether you accept it as truth or not, there's still a story to be told that can be taken as literature. This is why there are "The Bible As Literature" courses in universities everywhere. John Milton's Paradise Lost wasn't considered "historically inaccurate", and this series is really a loose take on Judeo-Christian mythology anyway. (i.e. Assiah and Gehenna, which don't appear.) That much has been clear from the start.

I like that they're trying something new. I hope the writers aren't using retroactive continuity, because there's a lot that doesn't quite make sense if Satan is actually good and Rin's father wasn't a badass the majority of his life. I wish it was a bit more carefully woven, because this feels a bit like a copout.
xAmaterasu said:
This anime is just getting more and more awful. Honestly, I'm finding it very predictable.

The only characters I like in this series are Rin, Fujimoto and Memphisto. If it weren't for them, I probably would have dropped this quite a while ago. :/

Predictable? Awful?
Is it awful because it's predictable? How does predictability make something awful?
Or it is awful because it isn't what you expected?
Also, those are all main characters. So it's good that you're watching for them.
But I can't see how anybody could say THIS is predictable. It's constantly pissing off its viewers by pulling 180's or going somewhere else.

I'll watch the last two episodes to see where this goes, of course. And I am still interested to see how it all ties together.
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Sep 18, 2011 3:45 PM

Aug 2011
the third episode of the series i rated a 5. LOVED the story of yuri.. made me think: satan doesn't seem so bad.. wtf? well he is supposed to have BEEN an angel

anyways felt bad for yuri and satan seems to just want payback for what they did to his wife.. yukio as a vessel o.o sick flames! look better than rin's :S

is it time for satan vs rin showdown? but what'll happen to yukio!?
Sep 18, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, so much complaining.. People are not happy with anything nowadays. Another reason I don't read manga is so I won't go comparing, which honestly shouldn't happen anyway. I like when the anime strays from the manga, THEN it makes me want to read the manga because it's not exact same story so more surprises for me yay!

I really liked this episode. Explained a few things and was wanting a flashback of their mother. Can't wait for the next episode.
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Sep 18, 2011 4:22 PM

Jun 2011
I find it really annoying that Yukio's a demon as well. But, I guess that's what you get when you don't stay accurate with the manga. And woah, Yuri's a really pretty woman.
Sep 18, 2011 5:03 PM

Feb 2010
...i don't even know....

Interesting to see that 'Satan' is kinda a pussy (mayyybe)... unless he tricked yuri.

This is mindless entertainment. I haven't taken this series seriously in a while... so this didn't let me down.
Sep 18, 2011 5:13 PM

Apr 2011
To make the moment, where the grandfather died, he should of lied at least about his orders to kill his daughter and furthermore, he should of responded, that he loved his daughter and thats why she has to die, just to be more dramatic.

Anyways, #23 give me a new light at Satan, that he didn't do all those bad deeds in the past on purpose, he was trying to save Yuri, but never that, he just possess his son.

Anyone tell me, why Mesphito is trying to beat his father?
MEsoJD said:
lol @ mad Christians.... Just because of Satan being put into a sympathetic light. Anywhoo.... I thought it was a good episode. Now I wait for next week :'(
Agreed. History/religion, who is right and who is wrong? geez
Sep 18, 2011 7:04 PM

Sep 2011
Wow... I don't know who is the good guy(s) in the story or who's the bad guy(s)!?!. But i do know I'm glad there grandfather died he deserved it! Can't wait for next ep!
Sep 18, 2011 7:15 PM
Feb 2009
Hey look, a decent episode of Ao no Exorcist. I thought they'd decided not to air those.
Sep 18, 2011 7:27 PM

Mar 2008
i now hope that the people who said 'shut up about the anime being different from the manga' cause now they seriously have fucked it...

Satan was suppose to be the massive evil guy in the whole damn series, yet they made him into a half good guy?!? Ooo god Im sticking with the manga
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Sep 18, 2011 7:54 PM

Aug 2007
MEGUMI HAYASHIBARA

that is all
Sep 18, 2011 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
With his evil laugh and the way he talks even while playing along (the lonely demon thing with Yuri, showing Yukio what really happend) just makes me feel like this is all part of his plan.

Just take a look at Mephisto. Why should Satan be good just because he played a long a bit, a few minutes with Yukio and probably some days to weeks (if he stayed around all the time) with Yuri, when everyone suspects Mephisto of being evil when he played long for years (at least 15, + enough time to get really good friend/colleague with Fujimoto, who was known as cold-hearted back then).

When Fujimoto first visited her, she said it happend a year ago. As they did not tell how much time exactly did pass after this visit, it wasn't that long, so it took three to four months to get her there. Thats more than enough for many normal people, too. He probably planned all, well, most of this all along, taking his time with her to make her feel more like a normal couple, so she is convincing enough to make someone like Fujimote take the children in and raise them, so he could take them over later.

A perfectly normal plan for someone with this reputation.

Heck, just take a look at people like Aizen or Kageroza in Bleach, they have more perfidious plans then this one even though they are on the same level as their opponents (at least in the beginning. Aizen started his plans no later then leutnant, Kageroza as a simple squad member/scientist)
Sep 18, 2011 8:49 PM
Jun 2011
What really pissed me off was that they tried to make Satan look like the good guy. Wtf. WTF.

But I still love Rin and Yukio <3
Interesting plot! I don't want the anime to end though...hopefully a second season :)
Sep 18, 2011 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
surprised to see the soft side of Satan. Even demons can be loving. If he's that loving he shouldn't just possess Yukio.
Interesting they decided to show that other side of Satan.

Let's see if he can.
Sep 18, 2011 9:41 PM
Sep 2007
Megumi Hayashibara...

Come back, and be in every new anime.
Sep 18, 2011 9:48 PM

May 2008
Satan is a bastard, he would be a mch better person if he didnt just take over Yukio's body, but now the whole story about the past of him saving Yuri is just bullshit, some father he turned out to be.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 18, 2011 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
SesshysAngel said:
i now hope that the people who said 'shut up about the anime being different from the manga' cause now they seriously have fucked it...

Satan was suppose to be the massive evil guy in the whole damn series, yet they made him into a half good guy?!? Ooo god Im sticking with the manga

Finish the damn series before you start complaining....

Your entire rant will be pointless if we find out he was simply lying...

Or the simple fact that Rin and Yukio was RAISED in a CATHOLIC CHURCH....so OF COURSE Satan is originally portrayed as that crazy evil guy....

SMFH
Tenchi_RyuSep 18, 2011 9:55 PM
Sep 18, 2011 9:56 PM

Mar 2011
The flashback really changes my view of satan in this series o.o It's too bad it's coming to an end soon although I really don't like how things have been rushed lately.
Sep 18, 2011 10:01 PM
Aug 2011
Well it looks like they don't want to continue this more than 25 episodes. Seeing as Satan is involved the way he is. I hope they don't end this like this with the manga still going strong it would be a shame to not be able to see it go further.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show, I just don't want to see them kill it off with their own ending rather then it's true ending which isn't created yet.
Sep 18, 2011 10:01 PM
Dec 2010
I actually guessed earlier that Yukio would be possessed by Satan, not Rin. Guess I was right after all. :p
Sep 18, 2011 10:44 PM
Nov 2008
Satan's not so bad! He just needs a hug!

Seriously, this may be one of the dumbest depictions of Satan I have ever seen...
Sep 18, 2011 10:47 PM

Aug 2011

I've come to the conclusion this this image sums up the entire show.
Sep 18, 2011 10:53 PM

Oct 2009
Okay what the fuck happened to this fuck?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2011 10:53 PM

Jan 2011
.......okay.
Sep 18, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2011
Conject said:

I've come to the conclusion this this image sums up the entire show.

I can't stop laughing XDDD

-ah, yeah, right, about the episode.
Well, it sucked.

The manga was not ready for adaptation, these are the consequences.

» Escapism.

Sep 18, 2011 11:42 PM

Feb 2010
Well it wasnt as bad as later episodes.
Sep 19, 2011 12:17 AM
Feb 2009
dameee
Sep 19, 2011 1:20 AM
Sep 2011
MEsoJD said:
lol @ mad Christians.... Just because of Satan being put into a sympathetic light. Anywhoo.... I thought it was a good episode. Now I wait for next week :'(

well i'm not christian and i think it's really stupid to put Satan in a sympathetic light not to mention cliche
my first reaction to this episode was this 0_0

I'm sticking with the manga
Sep 19, 2011 1:22 AM
Sep 2011
it's also really, really cheasy
Sep 19, 2011 1:35 AM

Jan 2011
I guess you're completely failing to realize that it was SATAN who was showing this vision thus showing HIMSELF in a sympathetic light.....not like he would show his true colors when trying to persuade a naive 15 year old boy....

Cliche?

Yes we have a whole bunch of works were the Devil is considered not that evil.....
Sep 19, 2011 2:11 AM
Aug 2011
Satan: "I cannot find a vessel strong enough to hold me. The most highly trained exorcists burst into flame if I stay for even a moment."

Yui: "It's a shame about you killing my friends and colleagues. That regular wolf seems to be holding up, though."

Satan: "..... You have really pretty eyes. Want to go back to your place, talk about life, and...snuggle?"

Yui: "Tee hee! Okay."
Sep 19, 2011 2:39 AM
Dec 2007
OK, I don't understand the story and I don't care about the characters anymore, plus the direction is rushed now so I don't see any point in finishing this series. Dropped at episode 23, like Star Driver. 6/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 19, 2011 2:56 AM
Jun 2011
Never really cared about this worthless series though I've still watched to this point coz of the fma vibes I get from it. Anyway I think Satan was embellishing a bit in this episode though its not clear what he gained by doing so.
Sep 19, 2011 3:23 AM

Jul 2008
Satan made a friend, isn't that cute.

Anyways, this episode summary: WHAT THE FUCK
Sep 19, 2011 3:24 AM

Feb 2008
They could've done a filler arc to wait for the Kyoto arc to finish in the manga... Well, at least, that's what I wanted to happen and all. It seemed like that was going to happen, but when everyone discovered Rin was Satan's son and one minute later everyone was cool with that, I knew they were going to wrap up the anime with some lame-ass ending...
Of course, it's way better than I expected, I still don't know what's going to happen, but I feel ashamed that Satan is portrayed as this kind of "good guy". Yuck.

Anyway, guess my wish for a second season starting off Kyoto arc won't be granted... I'm really upset, I really enjoyed the anime.
Sep 19, 2011 3:25 AM
Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
I guess you're completely failing to realize that it was SATAN who was showing this vision thus showing HIMSELF in a sympathetic light.....not like he would show his true colors when trying to persuade a naive 15 year old boy....

Cliche?

Yes we have a whole bunch of works were the Devil is considered not that evil.....

as a matter of fact yes i have seen a lot of shows where Satan is seen as a good guy
Sep 19, 2011 3:28 AM
Sep 2011
i mean some stories can make demons look good and do a good job at it and i totally support that but i just don't think it works well in a story like Ao No Exorcist
Sep 19, 2011 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
these damn fillers -____-
Sep 19, 2011 5:50 AM

Dec 2010
poor Satan, he was so lonely. I really felt sorry for him. damn people for not loving demons.

bleh
Sep 19, 2011 5:52 AM
Sep 2011
So I'm watching Tiger and Bunny at the same time as this.
Uh. Ehm.
Yeah I'll just go back to T&B now. The massive amount of continuity breaking is making my brain hemorrhage. If they had painted him as misjudged from the start, I wouldn't give a shit, but... yeah no
Sep 19, 2011 6:13 AM

Aug 2010
lol, this show.
fuck everything and rumble
Sep 19, 2011 7:07 AM

Apr 2010
this ep. tells us that satan is not so bad afterall.and so yuri is.(yukio and rin's mother)
Sep 19, 2011 7:12 AM
Aug 2009
KeiranShikari said:
lol, this show.

pretty much... it failed when it decided not to follow the manga. Satan wanted a friend awwww and now he's back to being evil, srsly Satan control your hormones. Now they have to wrap everything up in just 2 episodes..yeah it's gonna suck. It could have been a great shounen anime ; oh well we still have the manga
Sep 19, 2011 7:55 AM

Jan 2011
This thread I tell ya....all I see, yet the poll ONCE again shows the real deal
Tenchi_RyuSep 19, 2011 8:01 AM
Sep 19, 2011 8:04 AM
Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Hey now, my vote matched my opinion.
Sep 19, 2011 9:10 AM
Jul 2011
WTF!!!! He ordered to kill his own daughter and sacrificed Rin and Yukio?! I wouldn't have what such a grandpa :/
But somehow I can understand Yuri. If Satan was really like this then I would maybe also acted like this.
Still it's hard to believe that Satan should be a nice guy, but even if he wasn't, I would like to thank him for Rin and Yukio and I'm sure that Shiro would also thinks like this. Even if it's just this one good thing, it's the best Satan could give Shiro and of course us. :D
Sep 19, 2011 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
I thought this episode was amazing. I dont understand how anyone could complain about it.
Sep 19, 2011 10:05 AM

May 2008
Holy shit what in the gods name....

..if shit wasn't real before, it sure as hell is now.

Sep 19, 2011 10:22 AM

Sep 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Why the picture of a crying baby? Its seems pretty random... unless... you're trying to show how sad you are with the thread! Yeah that must be it : P

Discussion thread dude, both the good and bad should be discussed. Shouldn't take cracks at those who didn't like the episode.
Sep 19, 2011 10:25 AM

Oct 2009
Good episode.

I cannot wait for the next two episodes, the line up looks amazing!
Sep 19, 2011 10:36 AM

Aug 2011
I don't get that if what Satan is saying is true and he truely loved Yuri, that he would now posses Yukio. Satan really seemed more human in this episode, because he just wanted to live. So why would he posses his son then and just cause disasters and all those things?
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2011

171 by Little_Yue »»
Aug 30, 3:53 PM

» Yukio Okumura can go fuck right off!

Trolltek - Feb 2, 2021

15 by Robin_Feldt »»
Aug 29, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sillyker0nian - Oct 1, 2011

301 by senekohan »»
Aug 25, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by AlAshrafi »»
Aug 15, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 5, 2011

148 by Endl8ss »»
Jun 16, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.