Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2011 8:31 AM

Jun 2011
This has to be like the best ep T_T it was so moving, almost brought tears to my eyes. the letters, everythong was just amazing 11/10 T_T
Jun 24, 2011 8:36 AM

Feb 2008
Cried all the way through. 9/10. Loved this series.
Jun 24, 2011 8:37 AM

Feb 2011
It might sound lame, but I didnt cry just because I didn't want my parents to walk in on me while I'm crying...otherwise I would have for sure.

This episode was done very well and every minute was utilized to the max, it totally lifted up the regular anime standards, but then again - the whole anime did in general.

It is by far the best anime out this season and presumably this year (well I might be a little biased right now so lets not jump the gun just yet).

Anyways I'm giving it a 9/10 with a tendency towards the 10.

sidenote: this is my first message.
Jun 24, 2011 8:40 AM

Jul 2010
So much crying! It was good to hear everyone's stories and to see everyone together like that. Everything got cleared up and the band got back together. We finally learned why Menma wanted them together that day; to grant Jinta's mum's wish and let him show more emotion. Everyone confessed their feelings for real now and we even learned of Poppo's secret he has been keeping this whole time. =)

I loved how they did it with Menma slowly getting numb and even disappearing from Jinta's view. Who would've thought they would all hear and see her in the end. That was really beautiful. I felt sort of relieved they could. ;_;

Certainly the best of this season and maybe even the best in a long while. 10/10

Jun 24, 2011 8:41 AM

Sep 2008
Great anime. The story was original, refreshing great from beginning to end. I was thinking of giving it a 9/10 but the great closing ending made me give it a 10/10 :)
It was so touching T_T Anaru is still my fave ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2011 8:43 AM

May 2010
I was kinda hopeing Menma would some how stay with them. T.T
so sad ofc. >.<

majorly cute & sad anime.

10/10 :3
💕
Jun 24, 2011 8:43 AM

Jan 2008
Loved it. Teared up quite a bit. 10/10.
Jun 24, 2011 8:44 AM

May 2010
thank you for all the staff who worked on this anime. I'll never forget this anime. This is one of the best anime I've ever watched.

thank you menma
thank you jintan
thank you anaru
thank you poppo
thank you tsuruko
thank you yukiatsu

my score: 10/10
ah it's been a long time since I give perfect score after Gintama and Clannad
Jun 24, 2011 8:53 AM
Jul 2008
I really didn't want this anime to end....
Jun 24, 2011 8:55 AM

Nov 2009
A good end. I have to say the emotions were killer in this, and i laughed at poppo being the odd one out. The fact that he saw her drown was O.o moment after that.

Was it that they all had their selfish reasons that they were not able to see her?

The temple scene and end scene made me cry, and i found it hard to stop for a while. I turned on the OP on my itunes and i am still doing it a little bit now XD

Issue is the cumulitive rating is 9.454545... I can't decide if i want to look for something to replace in my top 10 or just give it a 9. =/
Jun 24, 2011 8:58 AM
Nov 2009
I didn't cry but it was aight, 8/10
Jun 24, 2011 9:09 AM

Apr 2010
this was a great anime. gave off a real feeling.

when poppo told his side and everyone lost it, i lost it. tears came down. :(

definitely gonna watch it again.
Jun 24, 2011 9:10 AM

Sep 2010
I FUCKING LOVED IT!
Jun 24, 2011 9:11 AM
Oct 2010
Hrm... To me the ending was overkill, the drama a bit overdone... but overall great so still 9/10 from me.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 24, 2011 9:15 AM

Feb 2008
The whole part when jintan read his personal goodbye from menma was pretty heartbreaking especially after everyone had already read theirs. 10/10
Jun 24, 2011 9:17 AM

Apr 2010
I'm crying like a baby, dammit! 10/10
Jun 24, 2011 9:18 AM
Oct 2007
"the drama a bit overdone"

In the same sense that taking a sledgehammer to a 3-inch nail is a bit overdone.

Way too much crying, and the way the Peace Busters just broke down and did a 180 degree turn in character was ridiculous. Plus thanks to their haphazard directing, they had to bend over backwards to wrap the story up with the planned ending. And the audience can tell.

I've loved this anime since its start, but the way it was going it was almost miraculous how they managed to salvage a halfway workable ending.

Really, I can't harp enough about the sledgehammer-style subtlety. In a setting like this the last thing you need to do to evoke emotion from your viewers is forcibly wring it out of them. The tear tsunami and the (very fitting) ED used as an insert can only work so many times before it becomes tired.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Jun 24, 2011 9:23 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty good ending, seemed to round everything up well. Even though I didn't think it was as heart-breaking as most people here, I have to say it was probably my favourite of the season.
Jun 24, 2011 9:35 AM

Jun 2010
Best Anime Of 2011 Hands Down
Jun 24, 2011 9:35 AM

Dec 2010
It's one of the most emotional endings i've ever seen.
Yeah maybe a bit overdramatic crying, but those letters were so sad, and the group finally could all see her.

After seeing this episode i had to give it a 10.
Gonna miss this anime T.T
Jun 24, 2011 9:39 AM

Oct 2009
I knew it was going to be a touching episode, but they really poured it on. Felt a little rushed, but then it had to be.

Jun 24, 2011 9:40 AM

Dec 2010
Damn, that was lovely. Thank God they didn't go for a 'balls of light' ending, although it came pretty close. This was an ending geared towards fulfilling the fan's most romantic wishes for the ending without actually making any sense, and yet it's hard to see how else they could have ended it on such a satisfactory note. Huge success for A-1 Pictures, great to see them back on form.

I'ma give this a 9/10
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jun 24, 2011 10:10 AM
Jan 2011
So that's what menma is wishing for, to see Jintan cry and for the rest of the group to forget her.
Jun 24, 2011 10:15 AM
May 2011
Nasty001 said:
So that's what menma is wishing for, to see Jintan cry and for the rest of the group to forget her.

It doesn't sound so right if you put it like that.. o___o
Her wish was to be able to make him open to his emotions and show it instead of holding it inside.
And I guess it wasn't really for her friends to 'forget' her, it's to make them stop feeling the guilt they've carried with them because of her death.
Jun 24, 2011 10:21 AM

May 2011
AnoHana is officially one of the best animes I've seen in a while. I have to admit, all the screaming and crying in the end made me laugh so hard ^_^V but it was still beautiful, especially how Menma faded away at the end... I don't think it was cliched or entirely predictable at all, and the promise was sweet. I don't entirely understand the delayed parting, though, seeing as he cried a lil while ago, but...whatev. I just liked it because Jintan crying was one of my favourite scenes in the whole show ^_^
I also loved the op at the end after the ed song. It was so well done, and I was relieved. To be honest, when it skipped over the op song in the beginning, that was the closest I came to crying in this series ^_^V overall,
loved AnoHana <3
Jun 24, 2011 10:21 AM
Jun 2010
Such a wonderful anime, I cried my eyes out when they received the letters, Jintans letter really got me going.

I cried almost as hard as I did in Clannad after story, I really let myself go lol

SO happy I got to watch this, its almost a shame it had to end, but it did in the best possible way.

10/10, going into my favourites.
Jun 24, 2011 10:32 AM
May 2011
I have never...ever ... cried this much watching an anime. Last time was in Fairy Tail.
-I started tearing up in the beginning
--Then I lost it when Tsuruko, started expressing her feeling and when she called herself "Digusting" I couldn't bear it any more.
---Then the part where Jintan was hold Menma up and it came to the flash-back of her Mother's promise.
----Then I absolutely poured tears when they started reading the letters and everything past it.

-AnoHana truly holds a spot in my favorite anime spot & and a re-watch. I still held tears since it ended =_) I love this show so much.
ban1o.jpg
Jun 24, 2011 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
The last episode was simply beautiful. I cried badly when they got the letters from her ;__;
It ended up well although I'm curious to see more of what happened after Menma left.
Can't help it, 10/10 for me~
Jun 24, 2011 10:35 AM

Nov 2009
Its been a while...ok so...
Is a simply good anime, that i could rate it as even with madoka magica by this year's standards, thus one of the best this year ^_^ and it really was a comeback anime for A-1 pix, since well...kannagi or sora no woto perhaps...and i like to conclude it with just a grade 7/10...-_-

Well, i had high expecations to anohana, but ended up backfiring at me...why? It was such a simple anime that i expected something of a potential complexity incoming in it, or maybe a bad timeframe skip: cmon for 10yrs super peace busters ain't moving on way too long(that was even not due to any of the friends' family relative), or maybe the lack of audience symphathy to the "caring" mom and more to the "cute" friend. Oh, or is it the character development was as slow as Welcome to the NHK? or their weird emotional "moodswings" for menma in the ending? If the creators went all out for this tearjerker, they should left something more memorable rather than those "forget-me-nots", there's something really missing to jintan and menma's plot, i'll investigate this soon...

I hope i won't offend everybody, just my preferences did not work out in anohana; knee-jerk outburst please pardon me.
sauteed_roachesJun 24, 2011 10:44 AM

Jun 24, 2011 10:38 AM

May 2008
What a crap ending. Synchronized cries just wont do.
Jun 24, 2011 10:42 AM

Mar 2011
Teared up, great drama but thinking about it...
wouldn't say it deserves more than an 8. IMO
Courtesy of Paul
Jun 24, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2008
I cried like there was no tomorrow, wow.
Anaru scene with the eylashes, ahahah.

I was expecting to watch the reincarnation or sort of, but it would be so cliché (i'm very cliché, ahah), whatever, love it anyways <3

10/10
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Jun 24, 2011 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
I cried so hard.
Jun 24, 2011 11:07 AM

Sep 2008
Enjoyed this anime quiet a bit. I felt something down my throat as I read what Menma wrote to each of em. I would have loved 1 more ep [needs more Anaru] but they did a good job with this anime. 8/10
Jun 24, 2011 11:25 AM

Oct 2009
story 4/10
direction 2/10
character design and artwork 8/10
Characters 4/10

Overall - 3 or 4 out of 10
For the first time I trolled and gave 1.

Menma and Jintan are just plain awful. The rets was ok and could be even better, but unfortunantly all their actions and way of living was centered on a dead girl, that's dumb. Specially Poppo, he travelled not for fun, not to meet new countries, but to flee from a dead person. Lame.
Yukiatsu was good because he hated Jintan, but in the end not surprising he accepted him as a leader (fuck leaders).

Dumb show with forced drama.

In my opinion if you are not dumb or have watched a considerable amount of animes or you are not a kid, then you shouldn't like this show because it's not new and the drama is so fake it's anoying.

For example, why in the end they all scream Menma? It's just ridiculous.

Remember episode 10? They invented a Koi just for Menma to disappear from everyone and then Jintan looks for her and guess what, to make a forced drama about Jintan feelings.
And why the hell is this Seinen? It's more Shounen than anything, the protagonist, the nakama feeling, the lack of complexity, everything is Shounen,

edit: ok it's in anidb that appears Seinen, not here.
AnoniMusJun 24, 2011 11:33 AM
Jun 24, 2011 11:37 AM

Jun 2009
awesome ending:(
tears. heart sank.
menma is a really sweet friend :/
"finding her was the best gift in their friendship*
nods*
the ending song starts just at the right time.
:)
beautiful anime
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jun 24, 2011 11:43 AM

May 2011
Man this show is def easily one of the top anime to come out this season and i feel like a lot of people will under estimate its awesomeness just like Hourou Muskou from last season releases.

This was def an amazing emotional ride with the characters and yeah it might of been a predictable ending but omg the way they brought it to the whole hide and seek scene was just beautiful
Jun 24, 2011 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
RyuKirin said:
I have never...ever ... cried this much watching an anime. Last time was in Fairy Tail.
-I started tearing up in the beginning
--Then I lost it when Tsuruko, started expressing her feeling and when she called herself "Digusting" I couldn't bear it any more.
Same here, that's around where I bursted for a first time. Tsuruko made me cry.

Did not tell this yet but I fucking had my neck, shirt and face drenched in tears. You could say I was like Poppo when he cried. I do look like freaking Poppo! Look at my profile pic IRL and figure in it. I look so like Poppo. Yeah I like traveling too like him.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 24, 2011 11:47 AM

May 2010
As soon as Popo poured out all his feelings, my eyes became teary. Then the song "secret base" played, tears are shed.

The hide and seek scene down to the letter-reading. Heartwarming and emotional indeed.

Although I find their crying together like children a bit irritating but nonetheless it delivered what it has to be delivered IMO.

Ending was satisfyingly great for an 11 ep show.

Overall, it was beautiful. Simple yet purely relate-able story + great execution = WIN. Truly one of the memorable shows out there.

9 or 10 will do for this.. :)
StormViruzJun 24, 2011 11:43 PM
Jun 24, 2011 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
Suddenly, my eyes got teary from laughing too much.
What's with people in this show anyway? Everyone's baww'ing all the time. It's like they're planning on baww'ing enough for a lifetime.
"Boo, I'm so disgusting."
"No, I'm disgusting."
"I'm the disgusting one!"
Suddenly, everyone's disgusting. How disgusting.

And that's... not a very satisfying wish.
In the end, I apparently watched this solely for Anaru after all, but even she was somewhat annoying closer to the end.

And they never figured out what the name of dat flower was. Sucks to be them.
OosranJun 24, 2011 12:04 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 24, 2011 12:24 PM

Nov 2010
AnoniMus said:
story 4/10
direction 2/10
character design and artwork 8/10
Characters 4/10

Overall - 3 or 4 out of 10
For the first time I trolled and gave 1.

Menma and Jintan are just plain awful. The rets was ok and could be even better, but unfortunantly all their actions and way of living was centered on a dead girl, that's dumb. Specially Poppo, he travelled not for fun, not to meet new countries, but to flee from a dead person. Lame.
Yukiatsu was good because he hated Jintan, but in the end not surprising he accepted him as a leader (fuck leaders).

Dumb show with forced drama.

In my opinion if you are not dumb or have watched a considerable amount of animes or you are not a kid, then you shouldn't like this show because it's not new and the drama is so fake it's anoying.

For example, why in the end they all scream Menma? It's just ridiculous.

Remember episode 10? They invented a Koi just for Menma to disappear from everyone and then Jintan looks for her and guess what, to make a forced drama about Jintan feelings.
And why the hell is this Seinen? It's more Shounen than anything, the protagonist, the nakama feeling, the lack of complexity, everything is Shounen,

edit: ok it's in anidb that appears Seinen, not here.

This coming from a typical shounen lover. You rate almost every anime with romance low while you 10 almost every typical shounens. Why even bother watching it romances? Stop bashing animes that have nothing to do with your taste.
Jun 24, 2011 12:28 PM
May 2011
Since I tried a ton watching this, would I cry more if I watch Clannad?. I haven't seen that yet.
ban1o.jpg
Jun 24, 2011 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
It was nice to see everyone vent out their feelings, especially the one-on-one with Anaru and Tsurumi. I really thought that she'd be jealous of Menma, but it was really with Anaru. Whoa. And the thing with Poppo was shocking, too. So, was it his fault that Menma died since he knew where she went and didn't save her? I was a little confused at that point.

I thought it was cool how Jintan couldn't see Menma. :D

I loved how everyone desperately tried to find Menma. The letters were really nice. She wrote only a little, but meant a lot to each of them. I also loved how everyone could see her and that they showed the characters when they were little kids. I liked how the OP became the ED for this episode. :D

A 10/10 for this anime! :D
Jun 24, 2011 12:34 PM

Oct 2009
Bacun said:

This coming from a typical shounen lover. You rate almost every anime with romance low while you 10 almost every typical shounens. Why even bother watching it romances? Stop bashing animes that have nothing to do with your taste.

Not really. Deadman wonderland is nothing special, not soul eater, nor blue exorcist. Really only FMA i really love it. Bleach, OP and Naruto are reasonable, later I will probably lower the note. I'm actually sick of them.

And I gave 9 to ef, 9 to Nana. 8 to Toradora (but I find it very overrated because it's cliché, 8 to Kimi ga Nozumo Eien.

Jutt compare ef and Clannad after Story with this shit, the difference in quality is enormous.

As you can see it's not true what you just said.
AnoniMusJun 24, 2011 12:37 PM
Jun 24, 2011 12:34 PM

Nov 2010
metallicious said:
And the thing with Poppo was shocking, too. So, was it his fault that Menma died since he knew where she went and didn't save her? I was a little confused at that point.

I believe he only saw her as she was floating away aleady drowned.
Jun 24, 2011 12:36 PM
Oct 2007
This episode slightly weaker than last few weeks on emotion aspect. 10/10 up from score 9 overall.

The crying, laughter, screaming, story plot, series direction, animation, music and almost basically anything else are close to perfect. I really enjoyed and anticipate the show A LOT this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2011 12:38 PM

Apr 2010
Bacun said:

No, he's absolutely right.
The characters are just awful, they are all one-dimentional. But Menma and Jintan are the worst...
Why are they idolizing Menma so much? We don't know. The drama is forced, everything rely on Menma's death.

I cry easily but yet I've not even shed a single tear... why? Because there is no characterisation in this anime, they don't give me any reasons to care about a single character.
Jun 24, 2011 12:50 PM
Dec 2007
Really nice although expected conclusion, a bit heavy on drama but fantastic overall. I tend to think the "hide and seek" part is a reference to Kurosawa's last movie (I don't know have any clue though but the scenes are very similar), and even if it wasn't, it's a really nice touch anyway. Great show which would have deserved to be 26-episodes long like Toradora.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 24, 2011 1:07 PM

Oct 2009
Don't even mention Kurosawa on this topic. The quality levels are so much diferent.

Also what is his the last movie?
Jun 24, 2011 1:15 PM

Dec 2007
Man, I wish there was one more episode, so the autors could spreat thet amassed drama from last ep, and give us more extensive after story :(

Still, amazing series, probably the best TV series since Code Geass R2
Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AnoHana - favourite characters

tsubagakure - Sep 18

6 by someguy »»
Today, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

437 by OrenPlayz »»
Sep 12, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

390 by IzanaSolos »»
Aug 18, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

330 by IzanaSolos »»
Aug 18, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

425 by IzanaSolos »»
Aug 17, 9:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.