Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2010 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It really ended... With all shinsengumi died... (so Saitou really died in the anime?)

Summary
tsubasaloverDec 5, 2010 6:10 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 5, 2010 6:15 PM
Aug 2010
Thanks for the summary. Man I was hoping Hijikata wouldn't die. By any chance do u have the link to the episode?
Dec 5, 2010 6:43 PM
Sep 2010
so how could i stop crying...?
i still cant belive Hakuouki is end.....
Dec 5, 2010 7:16 PM

Nov 2007
It's still in raw, though...
Here you go!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 5, 2010 7:51 PM
Aug 2010
tsubasalover said:
It's still in raw, though...
Here you go!

Thnx, man i was hoping for a happier ending =(
Dec 5, 2010 8:06 PM
May 2010
-.- , i thought there is a hope that he will be alive when he wipe chizuru's tears in the end

noooooooooooooo,hijikata san
bubbleslayerDec 5, 2010 11:03 PM
Dec 6, 2010 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
Well, it's kinda an open ending with Hijikata in the end and all. Though I tend to think he died.

Being a big fan of the game, I can't help but think they've done a marvelous work on the second season and the last episode was just wow.

And the last scene under the sakura tree has to be one of the most beautiful scenes in anime history.

It made me seriously cry though.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Dec 6, 2010 7:34 AM
May 2010
his body did not turn into ash like the others..

ok maybe i am trying to deceive myself
Dec 6, 2010 9:01 AM

Dec 2007
.... strange ending O.o kazama died too easy -.-
Kanade-chanDec 6, 2010 9:07 AM
Dec 6, 2010 11:08 AM
Sep 2010
noooo kazama !!! hopin someone would live :'(
Dec 6, 2010 11:08 AM
Sep 2010
noooo kazama !!! hopin someone would live :'(
Dec 6, 2010 2:18 PM

Aug 2008
i hate this .....all of them are dead ?!!!! i can't believe it .....this end sucks
click me plz
Dec 6, 2010 5:45 PM

Jun 2010
Is this the how the normal ending happened? Though I read something about Saito in the normal ending showed him dead and Okita and Sano were never seen, but not confirmed dead.
As for the two extra eps. I hope to see Saito still alive since his was kinda open and ends up Chizuru. I mean they wouldn't kill the most popular character off.
Plus he's still sorta the first guy she met.
Dec 6, 2010 9:05 PM

Dec 2010
GODDD!!! I hate this episodeeee!! But, who knows... maybe it´s a "false ending" and next monday we´ll see Hijikata back to life just in time to see the sakura blossom with chizuru... And also the appearence of Saito (like the image on the bout :p)

..... I love my imagination!! O.o
"Always one foot on the ground"
Dec 6, 2010 9:20 PM

Apr 2008
What??? Even Hijikata died!!!!!
How come! I didn't plan to watch this anime for a bad end ...>__<...

oh, are there 2 more episodes?
Dec 6, 2010 10:17 PM
Aug 2008
Didn't like this episode... everyone died!! Would have liked it more if they kept it open ended where Hijikata is alive.
Dec 7, 2010 1:39 AM
Aug 2010
shibumi85 said:
GODDD!!! I hate this episodeeee!! But, who knows... maybe it´s a "false ending" and next monday we´ll see Hijikata back to life just in time to see the sakura blossom with chizuru... And also the appearence of Saito (like the image on the bout :p)

..... I love my imagination!! O.o

I really hope it turns out like this. I don't like this ending!
Dec 7, 2010 3:13 AM

May 2009
i know it would come since its a history based anime and Chizuru is useless till the end =.=
Dec 7, 2010 4:45 AM

Dec 2010
LambdaDelta_34 said:
i know it would come since its a history based anime and Chizuru is useless till the end =.=

Seriously, I don´t understand why they put onis, demons, powers and all that stuff if all the Shinsengumi then died like the real events!!! We have a main character who died with a simple bullet after all the oni´s blood he drank! it´s ridiculous

I hope there´s another 2 episodes!!
shibumi85Dec 12, 2010 8:38 AM
Dec 7, 2010 7:02 AM

Jun 2009
ten eps i thought it would be more and the end well i dont know what i should say or think about it i still hate the thing that they killed of too of my favs in the same ep and from saito or shinpatchi wasnt much too see either thats too sad i would have loved more Saito moments
Dec 7, 2010 7:22 AM

Jul 2010
I wasn't really sad about Hijikata's death, since I hated that guy LOL. [Ik I'll make enemies cause of that statement XD]

Hmm.... I hoe the special eps are not so depressing though.
Maybe the other routes? :D Too bad that there is no preview... but that just would not fit, anyways. .-.
Dec 7, 2010 9:28 PM
Aug 2010
I was really hoping Hijikata wouldn't die, since all the other members asked that Chizuru take care of him. Made me think he was going to stay alive in the end. Anyway i hope the extra episodes end the show on a lighter note, and who knows he maybe alive, can't say im 100% sure from the ending
Dec 8, 2010 3:01 AM

Jun 2010
I can't believe that they even killed Hijikata-san off. =/
With a character death in almost all eppys...season 2 was abit depressing for me. Although..they did die 'beautifully'. ><
Dec 11, 2010 2:47 AM

May 2007
Welll... Bakumatsu Kikansetsu had similar problems with the plot as Hakuouki. And I was expecting that MAYBE we'd get a better paced ending here. But no. I mean, it was totally rushed. 5 minutes or so for the vs Kazama part..? He was after Hijikata for like... the whole season, and 5 minutes for a grand battle?

And we didn't get to know anything about the others. What happened to Saitou and Shinpachi afterwards, I wanna know! :O (I mean, in this plot. I know what happened to them in real life)

The show gets 6/10 from me. I don't have any problem with history being messed up by fantasy, but the fantasy elements here were quite... Uncreative. The whole thing seemed like a Twilight meets the Shinsengumi for me.
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Dec 12, 2010 7:09 PM

Nov 2009
I give it a 9....

If Hijikata Lives/Lived....10
Dec 14, 2010 8:24 PM

Mar 2008
I was extremely depressed :(..I told myself to postpone this until the previous was subtitled...so at least, the suffering wouldn't be so bad so soon...........

and sadly, I wish i was in denial of it, but.....Hijikata DID die. I know he appeared to sleep, and his body was still there, however....his spirit touched her face from a standing pose, which means it wasn't his real body, because he was laying on her lap :(. I at first hoped it was his real hand...but..no.

I also agree that its terrible that he died also for the sole reason that: he finally got with Chizuru, the had potential to be happy in the end after all that suffering--now shes alone with no one to turn to!

and 2, because indeed everyone told her to take care of him.....yet, he rushed to his death even after he heard them tell her to not let him---I realize maybe he was protecting her, but, his personal fight should have waited, even if it felt like the perfect time to settle it----because of his rashness, he suddenly forgot what's most important--the girl who loves him standing bhind him, and watching him go to his death :(.

if anything, I at least wish he lived another few years, so they had some precious time together before leaving her.

if saying I was depressed wasn't enough, I felt a cold chill up my spine as he was fading away from her, and watching Chizuru desperately save him--if only for 5 minutes, I think he wouldve lived if Kazama didn't show up >_<

T_T I was so depressed that my entire day of work felt blue--I hate how he died, it just..I dunno, it was amazingly well done?
Dec 14, 2010 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
bubbleslayer said:
his body did not turn into ash like the others..

ok maybe i am trying to deceive myself

I was trying to, till I saw his dead self talk to her, and him appear with the others in her image of all the characters who passed away, and he joined them.

*Feels depressed again :( *
Dec 14, 2010 11:51 PM

Oct 2010
NOOOO!!!! it can't end like this there's no way ;__ ;
Badges & VIP Card
Dec 15, 2010 9:05 AM
May 2010
the ending broke my heart
i hope there is season 3
Dec 15, 2010 10:21 AM

Dec 2010
Noof said:
the ending broke my heart
i hope there is season 3

Me too, cause´the ending was depressing, not only for Hijikata´s death but also Chizuru was useless all the time. She only proved that she can serve tea!!!
But.. I doubt if there´s another season...I can't see any sense of making a season of Chizuru and 6 ghosts!!
Dec 17, 2010 7:08 AM

Jun 2009
OK, I wanted to watch the 2nd season because I thought there'll be some story, but I was wrong. :) To be honest I think that it's a really nicely made anime, BUT with a really bad storyline... Or maybe there was some additional infomation in the game which I don't know at all.
So I would give a 10 for the art etc. and a 4(?) for the stroy.
I was especially sad when Saitou died, because he was my favourite character. (At first I also liked Hijikata, but in this 2nd season not so much.)
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Dec 17, 2010 7:02 PM

Jun 2009
Damn that was depressing
Dec 19, 2010 11:10 PM

Sep 2009
the final episode is sooooo sad :(
i can't help myself from crying. especially the final scene under the cherry blossom tree. the moment hijikata died. *sob* sob* sob*
anyways, this is one of the best anime ever.
even though i wished it would be a happy ending between chizuru & hijikata but, this is how the anime goes...
Dec 21, 2010 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
Seriously ? omg i think im scared to click for episode 9 already now ...O_O
I love someone give spoilers xD

Did you noticed too ? H.H drop from 8 > 7 . 89 xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2010 10:05 PM

Feb 2009
When the hell is this gonna be subbed?! I can't find it anywhere!
Dec 24, 2010 3:09 AM

Feb 2010
cruel ending :(
Dec 24, 2010 4:44 PM
Jul 2010
omg still no subs? Who is subbing this anime? Did they drop it or something? :/
Dec 26, 2010 4:48 AM

Jun 2010
Glad this finally got subbed. Sad ending, I was hoping Hijikata would survive at least for Chizuru's sake, but I guess the bullet and his fight with Kazama was too much for him in the end. This was a great series that managed to kill off every single person I liked, unfortunately, but I enjoyed following this. Great end to a great series.
Dec 26, 2010 5:47 AM

Aug 2008
Killing off characters can be fine if it helps progress the story, but killing off characters just for the sake of killing them off is completely stupid. That being said, the execution of their deaths were done reasonably well so I'll give the series a 5/10, although I did prefer the first season.
Dec 26, 2010 8:59 AM

Dec 2008
WTF?!?!?!?!?! Hijikata-san, NOOOOOOOO!!! *throwing tantrum*
I can't believe Hijikata-san is dead. Oh my goddess, they were ALL killed off! This was SO unfair. *crying hysterically*
Dec 26, 2010 10:32 AM
Jul 2010
Is he really dead?? But he was lying on her lap and he didn't turn to dust like how the Okita and the other rasetsu died.. :(
Dec 26, 2010 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
Ettoooo..but not all Shinsengumi died..I mean..I don't remeber epiosde when Shimpanchi died >.>
Dec 26, 2010 11:43 AM
Jul 2010
Vitavili said:
Ettoooo..but not all Shinsengumi died..I mean..I don't remeber epiosde when Shimpanchi died >.>

I gave this show a 9 because of unanswered questions, and the open ending.
Dec 26, 2010 12:23 PM

Jul 2010
The ending was kind of left to implication. I highly doubt he died, even though it kind of "implied" that he did. They didn't show his body turn to ash and fade away, so I'm just going to hope T^T Because he can't just die like that. Not that easily. He did say he had something to live for now, so he can't just give up! And he and Chizuru finally kissed! WTF man!! lol. I'm rambling, I'll stop.

I loved this anime, even though everyone died.
Go bald, Kurosaki!
Dec 26, 2010 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
what the hell? I was happy when things went a bit smoothly and hijikata decided that he found a reason to live and everything, but then what .. he ended up dead? T.T
Dec 26, 2010 12:53 PM
Jul 2010
EternalRainx said:
The ending was kind of left to implication. I highly doubt he died, even though it kind of "implied" that he did. They didn't show his body turn to ash and fade away, so I'm just going to hope T^T Because he can't just die like that. Not that easily. He did say he had something to live for now, so he can't just give up! And he and Chizuru finally kissed! WTF man!! lol. I'm rambling, I'll stop.

I loved this anime, even though everyone died.

I'll have to agree with you. I don't think or hope that they built up their relationship in this episode and made Hijikata say that he will live for something, and then they kill him off just like that. If so, then the producers don't have a heart ^_^
Dec 26, 2010 1:43 PM
Aug 2009
That's what I call "BAD END".
xD
Dec 26, 2010 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
LeeNoriega said:
Well, it's kinda an open ending with Hijikata in the end and all. Though I tend to think he died.

When Chizuru saw all Shinsengumi ghosts (their backs) I think Hijikata was among them... And I don't want to admit that, but I also think he's dead... Thuough I've never been a big fan of Chizuru*Hijikata pairing I don't want them to be apart...
LeeNoriega said:
And the last scene under the sakura tree has to be one of the most beautiful scenes in anime history.
It made me seriously cry though.

totally agree. damn you, tearjerker!

I liked this season although there was so much death in it. But the music was beautiful
emerald_cityDec 26, 2010 5:06 PM
Dec 26, 2010 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
Well i must be an exception but while during the anime i really felt sad about the death of the others, i didn't feel a thing for Hijikata´s death, and not even for Kazama´s death (which was my fav, btw).
Time for my opinion! (no offense intended to fans, ofc), but i really need to express myself.
First of all, one word for this end: RIDICULOUS. it made me wanna laugh at the end, thinking: wow! how is it possible that in a harem anime, (with 99% of guys and 1% girls), all of them, i mean ALL, of them die?! and Chizuru, the most useless character in the show and probably the most useless character of 2010 shows, survives at the end? I would rather see her killing herself at the end, it would give more impact and at least she would go with Hijikata.
Chizuru had too many bishies and ended up alone. Hilarious.

I had great hopes for Hijikata at the end, but he also died. He spent 22 episodes, only to reach the end, declare finally his love for Chizuru and then dies in a gay fight with his rival.

so to me, not even the sakura trees and the emo soundtrack changed my opinion. Ive seen emotional sad scenes on many animes that made me cry, but this was definitely not one of them.

Rated it 6/10 and only because of the art and voice actors.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 26, 2010 4:11 PM

Apr 2009
<_< well, I already knew I was hoping against the likely outcome. But still, Kazama died ridiculously easy. There was really no reason for Kazama to die (story wise) since he already decided to acknowledge Hijikata as an oni, so there's no reason to see Hijikata defeat Kazama. <_< They could have stopped the fight right there...but no, they continued. ._. I just can't buy into Kazama dying from that stab, heart, sure, but...seriously!

Since I wasn't a huge fan of Hijikata, his death didn't affect me, and Kazama's death just annoyed me. For a final scene I would have preferred Chizuru visiting graves or a memorial of the shinsengumi. Hijikata is dead, definitely. <_< It doesn't even matter if it was from the bullet or possible last stab wound. He was using up the last of his life force as a Rasetsu. I don't think it would've done anything for the audience to see Hijikata turn to dust. He'd lose some final image after his duel with Kazama if he was shown as dust.

8/10, art, sound, bishies in general, and Kazama in general. <_< Kazama is that 8th point all by himself. I just like him. 8] I'm biased.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2010

61 by justduckyxx »»
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

49 by Zahra-chan »»
Jun 2, 2016 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.