Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2022 9:32 PM

Jun 2022
lately I've been addicted to 2d anime fighters, I've only played about three so far like Melty blood:type lumina, Blazblue centralfiction and guilty gear xx accent core plus r, I'm terrible at them of course but they are so much fun, my favorite is Blazblue the fights are flashy and it has a large roster of crazy characters my main is kokonoe i love her animations and design, and she isn't too hard to use. do you guys like 2d anime fighters if so what are you playing and who is your main?
Skullknight91Aug 19, 2022 10:27 PM
Aug 20, 2022 8:31 AM

Jan 2009
my brother plays Dragon Ball FighterZ sometimes very cool fighting game
Aug 20, 2022 8:45 AM

Jun 2022
deg said:
love that game! the graphics look just like the show, and unlike other dbz games the fighting doesn't feel clunky and is quite fluid, fingers crossed they make android 21 canon in super someday she's awesome!
Aug 20, 2022 8:54 AM

Jan 2009
Skullknight91 said:
deg said:
love that game! the graphics look just like the show, and unlike other dbz games the fighting doesn't feel clunky and is quite fluid, fingers crossed they make android 21 canon in super someday she's awesome!

good news for you is that Android 21 is canon in the latest movie of Dragon Ball Super, Android 21s human name is Vomi she did not have screen time though in the movie just a static picture of her so yes in the future hopefully she appears more
Aug 21, 2022 9:25 PM

Sep 2019
Love anime fighters, but its been awhile since I last played one. Played Melty Blood(not the new one yet), about 5 entries from Guilty Gear, Persona Ultimax.

For mains
Persona-Aigis, you can do some fun combos when you understand her orgia mode. She can pretty much fly just about anywhere at any given moment
Guilty Gear X2-kind of a mix between Testament, Dizzy, & Bridget. Not a master at all, but i love them
Guilty Gear Xrd-Elphelt, Millia, Ky
Melty Blood- Sion as well as Hisui/Kohaku

im no master at any of these, but i love thier gimmicky gameplay
Aug 22, 2022 12:23 AM

Jun 2022
Tap_Dancin_Kaiju said:
Love anime fighters, but its been awhile since I last played one. Played Melty Blood(not the new one yet), about 5 entries from Guilty Gear, Persona Ultimax.

For mains
Persona-Aigis, you can do some fun combos when you understand her orgia mode. She can pretty much fly just about anywhere at any given moment
Guilty Gear X2-kind of a mix between Testament, Dizzy, & Bridget. Not a master at all, but i love them

Haven't played three of those but they are on my wishlist,love dizzy the angel/demon motif is awesome and she's a pretty solid fighter, Zappa is my current main in guilty gear I don't know the lore but he looks like he's possessed by Sadako, very badass and he's Moveset is a lot of fun too,I would love too play as A.B.A her style of play feels so different,but I have to get a lot better as she is very hard to play as.
Skullknight91Aug 22, 2022 6:15 AM
Aug 25, 2022 8:33 PM

Sep 2019
Skullknight91 said:
Tap_Dancin_Kaiju said:

For mains

Haven't played three of those but they are on my wishlist,love dizzy the angel/demon motif is awesome and she's a pretty solid fighter, Zappa is my current main in guilty gear I don't know the lore but he looks like he's possessed by Sadako, very badass and he's Moveset is a lot of fun too,I would love too play as A.B.A her style of play feels so different,but I have to get a lot better as she is very hard to play as.
Yeah, Dizzy's the best. Good design, solid moves, great theme song, she's got it all. Zappa's kind of wacky, always was fun to bust him out for sheer bizarreness on occassion. There's just something satisfying about using the characters with a style that isnt straightforward like them
Aug 25, 2022 10:00 PM

May 2013
I played Guilty Gear X2 a long ass time ago. That was fun but I played on Ps2 and prefers the d-pad over stick so I got blisters playing it lol.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Aug 26, 2022 1:41 AM

Oct 2017
Big fan of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear here, though I haven't been able to play the last 2 GG games
In BB I main Makoto and Kokonoe and in GG mostly Johnny, in AC+ Order Sol was my former Main

I also play Nitro+ Blasterz and Melty Blood from time to time.

Aug 26, 2022 6:53 AM

Jun 2022
_Nette_ said:
I played Guilty Gear X2 a long ass time ago. That was fun but I played on Ps2 and prefers the d-pad over stick so I got blisters playing it lol.
Did the d-pad give you more accurate inputs or was it just more comfortable? And who was your main?
Aug 26, 2022 8:02 AM

May 2013
Skullknight91 said:
_Nette_ said:
Did the d-pad give you more accurate inputs or was it just more comfortable? And who was your main?

For me it was more accurate. I cannot speak for others.

I main both Sol and Ky. Dabbled in Ino for a bit as well.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Aug 26, 2022 10:18 AM

Oct 2013
I'm more of a 3D/2.5D fan, but I'm not against 2D fighters. I'd recommend you try Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

I don't have a "main" in any fighting game per se, but I have my preferred characters, which I guess is pretty much the same thing.

Guilty Gear my favorites are Chipp, Zato-1 and more recently Ramlethal. More might be added if I get more into Strive.

Blazblue: Makoto, Naoto, Hibiki

Dragon Ball FighterZ: Android 21, Beerus, Goku Black, Janemba, and Kefla

Persona 4 Arena: Labrys, Yu, Sho (both versions), Aigis

Haven't really played any others that I can think of. At least not recently.

Aug 29, 2022 10:51 PM
Dec 2010
I play most of these pretty casually now. Let's just say I got way too many to list.
It's fun to play once in a while, but they are not the games for relaxation.

I don't hv a real main, tbh. I do hv a couple I'm slightly better at.

Butterfly_WhiteAug 29, 2022 10:54 PM
Aug 30, 2022 6:57 AM

Oct 2012
I love to play AC+R a lot, my main is I-No and she's also my favorite character of the franchise. Best antagonist, best boss theme and I always loved her design also. I remember that by the time XX was released, they even made an interview with Daiuske asking how was he able to know so much about fashion in recognition to his talent drawing characters.

I also played a lot of Fatal Fury back in the day. Played mostly Hotaru, and I can't wait for the new game that was announced by SNK recently. Easily has potential to become even better than KOF.
Aug 30, 2022 8:19 AM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
I used to be the best Blazblue in all of Europe, I only 14 years old LMFAO. I was pretty Cocky in Guilty Gear AC+ On PS3 I was pretty high on lead board like top 50 players. I played Order-Sol, Slayer and Ky.
I am too lazy to play competitive, so I play alot Melty Blood (2021)
Aug 30, 2022 1:31 PM
Dec 2010
Amityblight said:
I used to be the best Blazblue in all of Europe, I only 14 years old LMFAO. I was pretty Cocky in Guilty Gear AC+ On PS3 I was pretty high on lead board like top 50 players.

Prove it, lol. Show us your past results.
Aug 30, 2022 2:33 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
IceySongstress said:
Amityblight said:
I used to be the best Blazblue in all of Europe, I only 14 years old LMFAO. I was pretty Cocky in Guilty Gear AC+ On PS3 I was pretty high on lead board like top 50 players.

Prove it, lol. Show us your past results.

Give me a few hours I am still at work. I can show some scores. I can't for AC+ since Plus R drop it reset the board.
Aug 30, 2022 3:40 PM

Jun 2022
CursedFein said:
I love to play AC+R a lot, my main is I-No and she's also my favorite character of the franchise. Best antagonist, best boss theme and I always loved her design also. I remember that by the time XX was released, they even made an interview with Daiuske asking how was he able to know so much about fashion in recognition to his talent drawing characters.

I also played a lot of Fatal Fury back in the day. Played mostly Hotaru, and I can't wait for the new game that was announced by SNK recently. Easily has potential to become even better than KOF.
I-No is pretty awesome, not only for all the reasons you listed but she also has the best victory animation, where she does that awesome riff on the guitar brings a smile to my face every time.
Aug 30, 2022 7:56 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
@IceySongstress

Here's Guilty Gear Rev match result not boost except for last few matches

Blazblue Continuum states I was 14 with 193 PSR. Advance PSR starts 130 PSR.

My name different because that's my old banned account. I can show you some hard platinums take months for people to get to get.

AmityblightAug 30, 2022 8:05 PM
Aug 30, 2022 9:01 PM
Dec 2010
Amityblight said:
@IceySongstress

My name different because that's my old banned account. I can show you some hard platinums take months for people to get to get.

Wow. Try playing that gg rev acc now and let's see where the win rate goes, shall we?
That's also a lot of dedication, I'm sure, due to the amount of effort required to platinum them.

And 14 what again?
Which player are you on the competitive scene in BB now? With your winrate in GG, I'm sure you will be 10times champion in a world tourney in some games soon. Np.
Aug 30, 2022 9:16 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
IceySongstress said:
Amityblight said:
@IceySongstress

Wow. Try playing that gg rev acc now and let's see where the win rate goes, shall we?
That's also a lot of dedication, I'm sure, due to the amount of effort required to platinum them.

And 14 what again?
Which player are you on the competitive scene in BB now? With your winrate in GG, I'm sure you will be 10times champion in a world tourney in some games soon. Np.

I love to play rev again problem is game dead as hell on PlayStation. It's originally a PS3 so I figured as much.

I was 14 years old with 193 PSR. Everyone thought I was grown nope I was a kid lol. I'm not player any scene anymore. When I did it mostly Europe and west coast United States tournaments. Most placing in top 32 ranges. I went by scarlet back then.

I always lose in guilty gear offline. I have better chances in dragon ball fighters.
Aug 31, 2022 12:25 AM

Oct 2012
Skullknight91 said:
CursedFein said:

I-No is pretty awesome, not only for all the reasons you listed but she also has the best victory animation, where she does that awesome riff on the guitar brings a smile to my face every time.

Definitely! Every time you're able to win with I-No online, including when you're able to pull some of her best advanced combos, which are the most difficult of the entire cast to pull with how tight her combos with 6FRC6 are, makes it even better once you go full hype after finish matches with her victory animation.

And it's also worth to mention when you're able to play with I-No's Boss voice when you're matched against either Sol, Order Sol or Axl. My game style definitely feels more aggresive every time I can play listening to her Boss voice.

More topics from this board

» Suggest me similar games

AMBITZZ - Jul 23

5 by hazecloud »»
7 hours ago

» Fate/Extra Record isn't dead XD

AnimePedestrian - Jul 25

11 by AnimePedestrian »»
8 hours ago

» Fate/Stay Night is out in 4 days - 8/7 for Western Audiences

AnimePedestrian - Yesterday

25 by AnimePedestrian »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

» Does anyone know how to disable window auto-backing up your files?

aLotQuestion_ - Yesterday

5 by traed »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM

» Does anyone have experience with using a Lenovo Legion 7i for gaming and anime watching? How does it perform?

Abd56ullah - Aug 1

3 by traed »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.