Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2009 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So this is the Komatsu Nana story... hmmm I dunno what to think about this manga.... but to say it in just one word and judge it by just this first chapter, lemme tell you that it's deep... the manga is obviously not your usual Shoujo... In fact it can be classified as Josei if it wasn't for the definite shoujo art-style,,, Ne way Komatsu Nana's first Love Stories are full of her obvious naive personality... she trust a lot in looks... and just as her friend Junko says, that's not good at all.... In fact thatrelationship with Asano-san is quite questionable... I mean... Why did she fall for him? Just because he saved her form a ugly fall in the movie theater? Lame if you ask me... but hey she's quite an innocent girl, that in the end got her prince charming, That is cool 'cause she's actually a nice girl... So the characters for this chapters were Junko, Nana's friend, Shouji, a Junko Middle School friend, later Nana's lover, Kyosuke, a Shouji friend, and Obviosuly Nana Komatsu.... Will we see them again? Well, we'll see Nana for sure.... but Jun and Shou and Kyosuke-kun? Oh who knows.... That re-encounter with Asano-san was pretty obvious it will happen... but hey it went smoothly... And I totally liked it XD... GO NANA!!! Go and catch the old Shouji!! XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2011 2:00 AM

Apr 2010
I like how it starts off so far. Personally, I don't think Nana should've followed her boyfriend to Tokyo. It seems like he and the rest of their friends have moved on from her. I would've caught the hints right then and there. Her supposed "friends" suck. >:|

Aug 23, 2011 6:01 PM

Mar 2011
;_; ..my face through the entire anime. Looking forward to reading the manga though, hoping it''ll answer some of the questions left off. Safe to say I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with the music in NANA. Much of Trapnest and Blast's music is on my i-pod :) Oh Nana...you fall in love much too easily. It's a beautiful gift but it's your greatest weakness.
Nov 18, 2011 10:55 AM
Sep 2010
reading this manga because i totally fall for the anime... Looking forward for the next chapters...

yey!!!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jcyui&sclick=1">

~Yui~

black_faerie

Nov 21, 2011 5:37 PM
Feb 2009
jcyui said:
reading this manga because i totally fall for the anime... Looking forward for the next chapters...

yey!!!

Just a forewarning. The manga isn't finished yet and hasn't had a new chapter released in over 2½ years. That being said it's still well worth the read.
May 22, 2013 11:08 AM

Sep 2009
She seems even more annoying than in the anime.
Is that all you need to sleep with someone? I love you?
Gotta burn to learn, I guess.
Jul 25, 2015 9:39 PM

Jan 2014
This is Hachi's story in chronological order.
I don't remember how exactly it went in the anime, but I really like it now. There was nothing new here, so I hope there will be more manga only details about the other Nana.
FeSTiNaLeNTeJul 26, 2015 1:27 AM
Apr 24, 2018 3:14 AM

Sep 2017
Still don't see why this is rated so highly. I have a Fight Club feeling about this, what with Nana being shared by the two people, and the encounter being very much similar to how Narrator met Tyler Durden.

First chapter was a okay chapter. Don't see how his bf is good. He is normal, but he is not close to Nana as he should be. I sense a divide between these two.

Could take a while before I can continue with the next chapter of the manga.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 5, 2018 8:51 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, the Nee, Nana parts are killing me already.
Dec 13, 2019 2:53 PM
May 2012
I think that's the longest chapter I have ever read.
Apr 22, 2020 11:49 AM

Oct 2014
Tengai said:

It's defenetly a very long read for just one chapter...to much worhless dialog I guess :?
Apr 24, 2020 4:33 AM
May 2012
Hideaki2nd said:
Tengai said:

It's defenetly a very long read for just one chapter...to much worhless dialog I guess :?

Yeah...kind of, and the font is tiny. Kinda hard to read.
Sep 25, 2020 10:39 AM

May 2017
Nana K, and her story. I was really into it, actually. She's pretty funny and cute, but damn, she's a pushy girl. But I did like the idea of her meeting Shoji and really pursuing that friendship first, before getting ready to ask him out. Kind of forced a cute dynamic for Nana, but Shoji is a creep. I can't believe he said that to her, about how guys can have sex without being in love, almost threatening her- when she had JUST given up her sleeping arrangement for her friends and had no where else to sleep?? He just immediately makes her uncomfortable. What a fuck ass. You should be able to be friends with any gender without fear that they'll try to fuck you, what the hell man?

And then we see the couple out and about, and Shoji fucking shouts at her??? God I was so mad. And then he just leaves her in Tokyo, and she realizes that she's been dependent on him, even for directions in the city, not caring what route they took because she was just following him. I was actually glad when Takashi showed up, that was kind of cool. I liked how she finally realized that that 'maybe' there was love there, at some point in time he felt that, but ultimately, they did have a connection, and it was definitely real. Then she was able to leave and completely forgive and move on from it. Though she still continues to curse the demon lord lmao

Yeah, I really don't like Shoji. He's a jerk.

demisionSep 25, 2020 10:46 AM
Dec 7, 2021 1:24 PM
Dec 2017
and so begins a journey of heartbreaks and mistakes.

Feb 16, 2022 6:29 PM

Feb 2021
Ngl, I really enjoyed my time reading almost 100 pages for one chapter :p I'm not being sarcastic! This Manga truly has that special feel for it to be so entertaining (especially the faces they pull xD). But too much dialog

I'm interested to see where this could go. And all I know is that I don't like Shoji because I think he might do her dirty and messes with Nana's head again.
May 3, 2022 11:19 PM
Sep 2020
I finallyyyyy finished the first ch omll

Why the heck is it so long??!? Ngl Nana's kinda annoying but hopefully her personality changes when she matures a bit?? idk D:
Sep 5, 2022 4:46 AM
Jan 2019
I love so much this chapter
Dec 25, 2022 3:08 PM
Dec 2022
I would buy the NANA manga. I saw the anime and my question is which part of the manga ends the anime? So, from what part does it start that is no longer animated?
Dec 30, 2022 8:03 AM

Dec 2021
Alicechan04 said:
I would buy the NANA manga. I saw the anime and my question is which part of the manga ends the anime? So, from what part does it start that is no longer animated?

Anime covered about 42-43 chapters of the manga.
Jul 31, 2023 3:52 PM
Jan 2023
MEU DEUS COMO EU ADORO ESSE NEGOCIO
Feb 5, 10:10 PM

May 2022
She’s here, waiting for me…
Mar 6, 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
Reading this because why not? Let's suffer with the manga too! This is a great first chapter.

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Chapter 55 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 19, 2009

13 by Safrichh »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » NANA Chapter 54 Discussion

accela - Jun 11, 2008

12 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 53 Discussion

9 by Safrichh »»
May 12, 3:49 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 52 Discussion

11 by Safrichh »»
May 11, 3:26 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 51 Discussion

9 by Safrichh »»
May 10, 2:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.