Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2009 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No one needs Index, loli teachers or meido school attendants. Misaka is more than fine for it.

Accelerator was defeated huh? I wonder where Touma suddenly got that much strength and fighting skills, it's not only imagine-breaking anymore.
The Imoutos controlling the wind through the wind turbines was cool. But this was it already? :(

Next episode will be an obligatory fanservice beach one? At least there was a Misaka in it, so it should be nice^^
Jan 9, 2009 7:59 PM
Oct 2007
Somehow, the fight was not as intense as I was hoping for after episode 13. But it's nice that the remaining 9,000 something Misaka were saved.

The Touma x Index moment was so cute! <3

Looks like a nice relaxing beach scene is coming up. But it seems new characters will be introduced so maybe it's not just fanservice?
Jan 9, 2009 9:20 PM
Jun 2007
Annisa said:
Somehow, the fight was not as intense as I was hoping for after episode 13. But it's nice that the remaining 9,000 something Misaka were saved.

The Touma x Index moment was so cute! <3

Looks like a nice relaxing beach scene is coming up. But it seems new characters will be introduced so maybe it's not just fanservice?

Yeah, the Touma X Index moment was really cute as hell. It looked like they were couples already. Next episode seems about Touma's parents (which we know nothing about). Who knows? Maybe these "parents" aren't his real parents.. XD =P
Jan 9, 2009 9:41 PM

Aug 2008
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, Accelerator had nothing to do with Index after all...which only means that this arc had nothing to do with the story at all.

Boring.
Jan 9, 2009 10:21 PM

Oct 2008
Emmm IndexxTouma scene sure was cute :p but I still prefer Misaka :3
Next episode will be great as Touma lost his memory he shouldn't remember his parents as well xD

Jan 9, 2009 11:45 PM

Feb 2008
lol will he ever have any other powers other than just his hand? seems like a rather dull ability. plus hes a total haxor to just reduce everyone's abilities to zero.
Jan 10, 2009 2:19 AM

Aug 2008
Don't underestimate power of the guys right hand ;]

Wow, Index was sweet as hell in this episode ^^

Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 10, 2009 7:48 AM

Aug 2008
OK episode but nothing epic about it. Over-confidence + physical weakness -> sooner or later your ass will be handed to you.

Accelerater ended up to be just another retard. I mean you try to touch the guy but he punches you in the face (although he shouldn't be able to do that). What you do? Try to get near him 5 more times, then create a ball of plasma, and when that fails you try to get near him again.

Anyway, it would have been cool to see Misaka using the railgun even if she'd die instantly. Sacrifice yourself so we could see the railgun!!

Well at least Index made yet another guest appearance. And here I was thinking that she'll only remain in the title of the show (for legal reasons only).

PS.: Originally I wanted to ask what they'll do in the next 10 episodes, but then I saw the preview. Maybe after the beach episode there will be a School festival ep with cosplay cafe and after that a Hot spring ep
Jan 10, 2009 9:38 AM

Aug 2008
The thing is Touma's always hit hard to begin with but the bad guy was never touch and never experimented being hit by someone, so I belive the psycho choc has to do with his defeat... Epic episode

Jan 10, 2009 10:36 AM

May 2007
Hmmm...I guess with all of the torture-esqe pacing, I was expecting a little more from this episode, but I guess it was okay. The fight between Touma and the Accelerator (does this guy not have a real name?) was decent. Though I was a bit disappointed to not see Touma blast the plasma bomb thing away with his right hand.

Oh well, I wonder what the next arc is going to be about. Index has been an afterthought after being introduced and I want to see Kaori again. :(
Jan 10, 2009 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
Okay fight I thought it would be well.. better.. Misaka and her clones are awesome, but so is Index and her cuteness. ;3
HEY!
Jan 10, 2009 4:54 PM
Jun 2008
Touma got zapped to near-hell by Misaka two episodes back and still managed to whoop Accelerator's ass with those punches. That puts Touma at the top. Level 0 defeated Level 5. What more is there to say about it? Sure he cancels other people's abilities and it seems dull, but the fact of the matter is, he still wins.

Index's appearance near the end was funny, but she isn't as likable as she was in the beginning due to her 90% absences in the last three episodes. Misaka takes the cake for likable factor. Actually, Misaka ties Himegami for most likable character in this series for me. There's just something about Himegami that I find cool. I'm looking forward to the next episode. It seems there will be some good funny =)
Jan 10, 2009 5:10 PM

Jul 2008
I loved this episode :D
And the fight was good for me. Its not like a 5 episode fight like in Naruto or Bleach :P

Jan 10, 2009 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
Thousand-Eyes said:
Touma got zapped to near-hell by Misaka two episodes back and still managed to whoop Accelerator's ass with those punches. That puts Touma at the top. Level 0 defeated Level 5. What more is there to say about it? Sure he cancels other people's abilities and it seems dull, but the fact of the matter is, he still wins.

Index's appearance near the end was funny, but she isn't as likable as she was in the beginning due to her 90% absences in the last three episodes. Misaka takes the cake for likable factor. Actually, Misaka ties Himegami for most likable character in this series for me. There's just something about Himegami that I find cool. I'm looking forward to the next episode. It seems there will be some good funny =)

But Himegami is a totally different person everytime we see her. Is she an emotionless doll? Is she comic relief? Is she knowledgebale and snarky? Is she a mindless child? Too inconsistent for my taste.
Jan 10, 2009 6:19 PM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:

But Himegami is a totally different person everytime we see her. Is she an emotionless doll? Is she comic relief? Is she knowledgebale and snarky? Is she a mindless child? Too inconsistent for my taste.

Hmm, I think she still has her knowledgeable and emotionless attributes and because of her recent situations, the contrast of her personality serves as somewhat of a comic relief? I don't know.
Jan 10, 2009 7:52 PM

Sep 2008
very much agree with the fact that the fight was too short. should at least add some more action to fit the fight to the entire episode, then the whole hopsital + extras in the next ep.
well guess that jc staff is just cramming things to fit in 24 episodes.

misaka is my favorite female cast in the series so far. i dont really like index that much. plus misaka shows more of her role in the alternate manga for the series.
Jan 10, 2009 8:03 PM

Oct 2008
how come there's still no Eclipse release?
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 10, 2009 8:09 PM

Sep 2008
codename64546 said:

waiting for a high quality raw probably. their releases for TAMNI is usually on a sunday/monday.
Jan 10, 2009 8:42 PM

Nov 2007
Hmmm not the greatest fight scene, I mean all he did was just punch, punch and punch some more D: I guess that's the limitation of his power which kind of sucks ><, like the scene at the end though :3 very nice
Jan 11, 2009 6:54 AM

Feb 2008
atruong18 said:
codename64546 said:

waiting for a high quality raw probably. their releases for TAMNI is usually on a sunday/monday.
Eclipse always releases on Sundays/early Mondays so they were not really late. They just have standards, unlike some groups.

About the episode, same old, same old. Touma punches some antagonist, gets the girl. It was probably the best episode so far though.

Is there supposed to be some overarching plot in this show or is it all just Touma beating up bad guys and scoring with girls?
Jan 11, 2009 7:32 AM

Dec 2007
A great conclusion for my probably favourite story arc so far. Misaka ftw!

Jan 11, 2009 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
An okay ending for this arc. The fight was quite okay.
I'm looking forward to the next episode. I'm interested in what we'll be getting next.
Jan 11, 2009 8:35 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

That was a nice finish to the arc. Guess next time we'll get the obligatory beach episode but I'm sure I'll enjoy that one too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 11, 2009 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
Heh, that's true. And Index at last! <(^_^)< I kinda missed her
Jan 11, 2009 10:38 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
meh episode, nothing too impressive. somewhat anticlimatic....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 11, 2009 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
nice episode though it had a very stereotypical ending. oh- can't wait for the next episode.

Jan 11, 2009 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
wakka9ca said:

Yeah, it was, it was pretty pathetic for Accelerator to get beat like that

Did anyone else think spirit bomb from this pic other than me?
removed-userJan 11, 2009 11:40 AM
Jan 11, 2009 11:42 AM

Sep 2008
schoolboi15 said:

what i thought of was 'big swirly light beams of brightness' lol
i usually dont associate other animes with the one im watching.
Jan 11, 2009 11:55 AM

Aug 2007
schoolboi15 said:
wakka9ca said:

Yeah, it was, it was pretty pathetic for Accelerator to get beat like that

Ah, so that's why I thought it was similiar to something, but I didn't know what, but now I do... Goku versus Freeza. xD

This episode was cool, yet not, as I think it's still lame that Imagine Breaker is the answer to everything. All those sisters at the windmills were awesome.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 11, 2009 12:35 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode. Touma was so cool again, but not like when he defeated the alchemist. And now, next episode seems to be the beach episode ? Even in "serious" animes ?

Touma's mother is a dangerous magician ? So cliché ^^
Jan 11, 2009 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
what is "serious" about this show...it's a shounen action-comedy.
Jan 11, 2009 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
what is "serious" about this show...it's a shounen action-comedy.

this statement is true.
lol, sure the plots are sort of serious, but it ends in the common 'guy-gets-the-girl' kind of way.
Jan 11, 2009 2:18 PM

Oct 2008
The fight went pretty much as predicted:

JJW009 said:
Jarmel said:
punch the douchbag

Amen!

It was kinda lame after the huge build up, but still satisfying.

I'm actually looking forward to the next episode, even if it amounts to little more than fan service. It'll be good to see everyone again, and hopefully some happy moments and character development.

vindemon64 said:
I was a bit disappointed to not see Touma blast the plasma bomb thing away with his right hand.

He couldn't do that any more than he could stop a bullet, since plasma is a physical reality no matter how it was created. His right hand is "imagine breaker" not "science breaker".

I thought the wind-turbine trick was a bit of a cheat, but it was good to see so many Misaka in action and all working together ^_^
Jan 11, 2009 3:57 PM

May 2008
JJW009 said:
The fight went pretty much as predicted:

JJW009 said:
Jarmel said:
punch the douchbag

Amen!

It was kinda lame after the huge build up, but still satisfying.

I'm actually looking forward to the next episode, even if it amounts to little more than fan service. It'll be good to see everyone again, and hopefully some happy moments and character development.

vindemon64 said:
I was a bit disappointed to not see Touma blast the plasma bomb thing away with his right hand.

He couldn't do that any more than he could stop a bullet, since plasma is a physical reality no matter how it was created. His right hand is "imagine breaker" not "science breaker".

I thought the wind-turbine trick was a bit of a cheat, but it was good to see so many Misaka in action and all working together ^_^

Yet his right hand can stop the electricity from Misaki... I don't know, the rules of Imagine Breaker are a bit wonky.
Jan 11, 2009 4:15 PM
Jul 2008
WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

/morbo
Jan 11, 2009 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
I liked the episode just the way it is. I definitely liked the "Good morning?" *bite* from Touma and Index at the end. So cute.

As for the fight, it was exactly as long as it needed to be. It's amazing. It doesn't matter if the fight takes two episodes or 10 episodes, you are guaranteed to find someone who's going to hate the length of it because it was either too short or long.

@ kuroshiroi -- Touma never scores with girls. Who are you kidding? His life is full of misfortune. They may like him, but that's about as far as it goes.

This episode was good enough to give it back the 1 point out of 10 that I had taken away from it earlier.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 11, 2009 4:50 PM

Sep 2008
kevin_video said:

As for the fight, it was exactly as long as it needed to be. It's amazing. It doesn't matter if the fight takes two episodes or 10 episodes, you are guaranteed to find someone who's going to hate the length of it because it was either too short or long.

that is very true. however having one fight last more than 3 episodes may be too much.
the main part where everyone wanted the fight to be longer is the cliffhanger in the previous episode, just to have the next episode lead to a somewhat repetitive fight that last only half of the length of the episode.
the fight should have added more variety to be able to last the entire episode, giving it a better sense of the ending.

but like i said a few post ago, jc staff is probably rushing some of the story to be able to stay as 24 episodes, so the fights cant drag on too long. also its a running theme so far for touma to end the arc by sitting in the hospital bed apparently.

my guess is the episodes up until the 2nd opening theme (ep15?) will just have all the characters in place for the new crisis. aka, when magic and science REALLY meet.

i must be bored for writing this long post.
Jan 11, 2009 5:57 PM

Mar 2008
man, I really felt something when Touma was doing the punch chain

awesome episode, Misaka > Index.
Jan 11, 2009 11:18 PM

Aug 2007
*cries*
No more Misaka Arc ='(

And I agree with the -nii, Misaka ftw!

FALCON PUNCH! xD
Jan 12, 2009 12:10 AM

Nov 2007
And so ends the best arc of what I've read so far. And it ended very nicely too. I'm glad that the fight was kept short, and well done too.

Next episode is yet another one of those beach episodes, but I think I'm gonna like it. I'm hoping that the other magicians will be introduced soon too.
Jan 12, 2009 12:14 AM

Jul 2008
I wouldn't have mind seeing Accelerator reaching level 6, since his powers are pretty damn badass already. His laugh is a little weird though.

This isn't the end for him though, is it? I want to see more of him in the future. ;D
Jan 12, 2009 1:57 AM

Oct 2007
Wow nobody has battle tactics in this anime except for Mikoto. Touma could have tried and punch Accelerator while he was talking or charging plasma(any person that plays RPGs know you destroy the boss before he charges up his super attack, not to mention it's called common sense), instead Touma just waitied until Accelerator was ready. Accelerator was horrible because he didn't realize that Touma was only good at short range(which after 10,000 battles it seems you would pick up some basic strategies) and just kept rushing and kept getting pwned. Mikoto knew her role was support and acted like it. Index was kinda funny but wtf there has been essentially no development on the story front except that Touma with every arc picks up a new chick for the harem.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 12, 2009 5:07 AM
Dec 2008
hah! in the end Touma can't take accelerator 1 on 1. If it wasn't for Misaka and her sisters, he could have lost...
Jan 12, 2009 11:15 AM

May 2008
First, he can move:

Then he can't:

Where is the logic in that?
Jan 12, 2009 11:22 AM

Dec 2007
Jan 12, 2009 11:25 AM
Mar 2008
Man gotta love a Misaka or Index on your back. Nice beach episode next maybe.
Jan 12, 2009 12:25 PM

Feb 2008
NOOOO, MISAKA DONT LEAVE ME!!

All in all, this arc was really satisfying for me. Nice fights, Great humour and one of the most interesting characters I came across so far (Misaka). ^^
Hopefully this was not the last time she showed up in this show....

noteDhero said:
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, Accelerator had nothing to do with Index after all...which only means that this arc had nothing to do with the story at all.

Boring.

From my point of view its not bad that there are different incoherent arcs in this show. That brings some change and variation in the storyline and opens up the world a bit more in my opinion. Its not all about Index and her vast knowleadge of magic spells, but also about other characters which have to deal with totally different problems and situations.

Kvakond said:

Accelerater ended up to be just another retard. I mean you try to touch the guy but he punches you in the face (although he shouldn't be able to do that). What you do? Try to get near him 5 more times, then create a ball of plasma, and when that fails you try to get near him again.

QFT. When Accelerator was flying towards Touma AGAIN after losing control of the plasma ball, I couldnt believe it. This guy can bend steal rails and throw it against his opponent without breaking out in sweat. Why would he make the same mistake three times in a row?

Kvakond said:

PS.: Originally I wanted to ask what they'll do in the next 10 episodes, but then I saw the preview. Maybe after the beach episode there will be a School festival ep with cosplay cafe and after that a Hot spring ep

Hopefully not.....wait....after giving it some thoughts....maybe that wouldnt be that bad. ^^
Jan 13, 2009 1:26 AM

Apr 2007
great!
Harout said:

I just love the ending of this episode!
warm feeling num num ^_^
6/5

Jan 13, 2009 4:34 PM

Feb 2008
That was a great episode. I really liked it.
BTW: Has Accelerator ever made such weird sounds before? Oô
Jan 14, 2009 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
Touma has a mean right. Kinda a meh type episode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Yesterday, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Mar 12, 2009

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wasabi - Mar 8, 2009

113 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 8:11 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Mar 14, 2009

61 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 7:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.