Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2013 11:20 PM

May 2013
So i was just wondering, as i just finished the last episode of gintama(ep 264) and i was just wondering if anyone knew if the show is canceled for good now or if they are simply taking a break. I really loved that show so i hope it comes back soon!
May 16, 2013 11:23 PM

Nov 2010
We don't know though it's probably just a break. That season was released early probably because of the movie.
May 16, 2013 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
They releasing a movie this summer (next month I think....) claiming to be the "end" of Gintama but as you should know, this is Gintama so they could be just trolling again.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 16, 2013 11:33 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Anime specific threads go into their respective sub-board.
May 17, 2013 10:24 AM

Jul 2012
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=570007

Does this answer your question?
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 19, 2013 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
Not over, we need to see the gender-bender arc animated :-)
May 22, 2013 3:13 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty sure it's coming back eventually like usual, probably early 2014. In the meantime i'll be rewatching the whole Gintama series :)
Jun 26, 2013 1:05 PM

Jan 2012
I just finished watching the entire series in a month or so. I initially didn't like the series but someone told me to watch at least 20 episodes before deciding, now its one of my favorite anime of all time. I really hope the "end" is just trolling and they are gonna release another season after manga has enough material and the movie releases.
Jul 25, 2013 7:17 AM

May 2012
I'm really hoping for a new Gintama series in 2014. i still have the movie to watch, but after that??? Nothing :/
Jul 28, 2013 4:00 AM

Apr 2011
It has to return ! Must i say 'it will' !!
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ 
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jul 30, 2013 3:03 PM

Nov 2012
It probably will because Kagura's brother and Takasugi didn't make a move yet. I thought they were going to do an arc for both of them in Enchousen but I was wrong.
Aug 2, 2013 10:03 PM

May 2011
that was fast season, but still good
can't wait to watch gintama again but i don't think there will be a new season in the near future :/
Aug 20, 2013 4:53 PM

Nov 2012
if the movie was a success it would NOT be the end. it made $20 million so far so thats good considering it was released in few theaters. for the most part its safe to expect more gintama, but dont be shocked if it is over either. my gut tells me 75% - 25%
Aug 23, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2011
OT: I hope when they bring back Gintama, which I'm sure they will. That they release all the chapters in between arcs that where missed in the last season. There where so many funny chapters they skipped. I love the serious arcs but there's no reason to skip the slice of life chapters for re-runs. Hopefully they will get the budget to do a full season this time, instead of just 13 episodes. There's enough skipped content to do at least 50+ episodes by now.

I've always been surprised that Gintama gets cancelled in the first place, don't they do really well in the ratings/dvd sales? If there's one anime out there that could have a ton of filler and nobody would be bothered by it, its Gintama. Its like the Japanese version of Futurama/Simpsons it can go on forever and people will still enjoy it. Anyways, I digress, If the movies did well next season will be much longer I'm hoping.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaJan 24, 2014 1:00 AM
Aug 24, 2013 7:28 AM

Sep 2011
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
OT: I hope when they bring back Gintama, which I'm sure they will. That they release all the chapters in between arcs that where missed in the last season. There where so many funny chapters they skipped. I love the serious arcs but there's no reason to skip the slice of life chapters for re-runs. Hopefully they will get the budget to do a full season this time, instead of just 13 episodes. There's enough skipped content to do at least 50+ episodes by now.

I've always been surprised that Gintama gets cancelled in the first place, don't they do really well in the ratings/dvd sales? If there's one anime out there that could have a ton of filler and nobody would be bothered by it, its Gintama. Its like the Japanese version of Futurama/Simpsons it can go on forever and people will still enjoy it. Anyways, I digress, If the movies did well next season will be much longer I'm hoping.

Gintama doesnt get cancelled, they just take hiatus when they get to close to the manga unlike the big 3 who try to work around going on hiatus by adding lots of filler or one pieces route of adapting 1 episode per chapter, gintama frequently adapts 2 chapter per episode or more, hell the 8th ep of ecnhousen adapted 6 chapters alone, the last season existed only to promote the movie and the show sells the best when it does serious arcs.

Gintama does really well, the manga ranking in shounen jump is a bit sketchy but the anime strictly does great especially when doing serious arcs, enchousen for example averaged to sell a 9,800 or so copies of each DVD volume which is very good

dont expect gintama back for awhile though, they ate up roughly 3/4th of a years worth of chapters so if they were to make a new series now it'l be like 1 cour to 2cour long

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaJan 24, 2014 1:00 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 12, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2009
mfg GINTAMA WILL continue for sure !!!!! gender-bender arc must be made into anime !!! XD

I am just awiting for that holy day when they announce this masterpiece back :3

also it will take more, since manga is slowly updating and they need material for conitnuing, and the main factor are fans and sales ! if sales of the movie goes well it's 99% they'll continue airing Gintama series :))

so EVERYONE BUY DVD OF 2nd GINTAMA MOVIE !!!!
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Mar 13, 2014 2:46 AM

Jan 2013
I miss Gintama ;-;.
Mar 14, 2014 4:22 PM
May 2013
Mr7Beans said:
ao_no_exo said:
I miss Gintama ;-;.

who doesn't..
JD but he's a faggot so who cares
Apr 24, 2014 1:04 PM
Mar 2013
any news?
Jun 29, 2014 5:03 AM
Nov 2013
Gintama definately not ended yet! I gurantee 100%
1- Because that Gorilla is still making the manga
2-Gintama has not reach the real conclusion
3-If we see the last movie (Gintama-together forever), they say it has ended. but if That Gorilla really want to end it, he can as he had declared it. There is big chance that Gintama will continue because like the last season. The last episode is a prank. Damn Gorilla almost scared me to the death. Gintama still continue anyway.
4-Do all of you ever think that Gorilla only want to make manga but not anime which is moving? He will grew tired with stationary picture and continue the anime.
5-Anyway gintama sales is high, so why not make the new season?

Conclusion
Gintama will continue as anime after a while. Let hope that Gorilla not get shot while searching banana with stalker-gorilla in the jungle leaving the fans in despair.

Solution
Make a memorandum, contribute donation to gorilla, sure save wildlife, maybe perform dogeza, give support through postcards,online, make that gorilla want to cry with his fans action. Use by all mean necessary (not include killing), through facebook,twitter,make your own fan blog@website. all thing by any mean necesary.
Now, who with me? I stand with Gorilla!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Jun 2012
The Anime will continue sooner or later. Gintama DVD's still make profit and the latest movie was also a huge success, It would be weird for Sunrise to just let this series die... Also, there are currently 90 or so chapters which are not Animated, that would fit roughly 40 - 50 episodes I think, they probably want to wait a bit longer to get even more material.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2014 3:03 AM

Mar 2014
i think they're going to show an OVA.

http://mangafox.me/manga/gintama/v56/c502/1.html
Jul 29, 2014 2:48 AM
Jul 2014
I'M VERY TOO LATE TO POST MY REACTION HERE, BUT I REALLY LOVE GINTAMA AND I'M ALWAYS WAITING FOR THE NEXT SEASON. I HOPE GINTAMA WILL BE BACK LIKE SPYAIR
Oct 7, 2014 10:40 AM
Aug 2009
I think there's a chance it will continue, but I'm not positive. In past there has been over a year gap between the ending of a series to a new series. Since Gintama released a movie in 2013 of July I think that there is still hope that the series will resume.

Anyway, I really hope it continues! I started rewatching the anime and plan on going to the manga once I watch all the episodes currently out. I saw that in the manga there is a new arc going on, it looks really exciting! The yorozuya and others are in a fight against the yato clan and Takasugi. Since I haven't read it yet I'm not sure what the arc is actually about but how can it not be interesting?

Please continue the anime!!
tangles800Oct 7, 2014 10:46 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Apr 24, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.