Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2013 2:51 AM

Jul 2011
So I've tried to ask for specifics in what I want and I've tried the recommendation section of certain titles and while it did help a little I didn't get the results I was hoping for. So I thought I'd try something different: If you could, take a look at my anime list (My completed list anyway), glance over what I liked and disliked and try to recommend me something you think I'd like based on that. Also, tell me why you recommend it if you will, thanks.

Here's the list:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Arch-Defender&status=2&order=0
Jan 15, 2013 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
Elemental Gelade -> Guilty Crown - They're very similar to each other.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien -> Clannad After Story - Didn't see the after story of Clannad on your list, so I'm suggesting it here. Both of the stories have lots of drama and both of the couples are dating. After Story has more drama though.

Ookami-San -> Rental Magica - Both animes are based on a group of people that do favours for others, I haven't watched Rental Magica, but I know at least this.

Sekirei -> Maken-Ki - Both animes have 3/4 of the chicks with F cups and magical powers.

Yuru Yuri -> Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - Basically the guy version of Yuru Yuri
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 15, 2013 5:22 AM

Oct 2012
Bakuman
Durarara!!
Mirai Nikki
Monster
NHK ni Youkoso
One Outs
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Usagi drop
Jan 15, 2013 5:42 AM
Oct 2010
Fate Zero - The prequel to Fate stay night, it's much better than FSN.

Gundam Unicorn - You seem to be a gundam fan like myself, Unicorn is the pinnacle of gundam animations IMO (although you may not like this one because you seem to be part of the spin off crowd)

Macross Frontier - You seem to a be a mecha fan and like your romances

Steins Gate - Again this is based off your like of romances but it's a must see regardless

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - You rated naruto pretty high, and this imo is the best of the when it comes to shounen anime.

Sword of the Stranger - You enjoyed Trust and Betrayal and the action here is quite similar, the main characters also share some similarities (although it's really to the kenshin from the series rather than T+B)

What isn't compatible but I'd recommend anyway

Hellsing Ultimate - This is much better than the original series and follow the original vision of the manga.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - I don't even watch this genre but I really loved this one, I saw you also had another magical girl series rated highly, but I didn't see anymore other than that so I thought it might just be a one off.
GD1551Jan 15, 2013 5:48 AM
Jan 15, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
Peten00b:
I'll probably give a go to Guilty Crown. Already planned to give the second season of Clannad a try but was taking a break from the first season which I watched recently.

Skudoops:
Fate/Zero looks awesome but everytime I want to give the title a go I'm reminded of why I hate Aniplex. 400$ for a freaking import Aniplex, really?

I like some parts of UC Gundam but others not so much. To be frank I'm not a Tomino fan in general and since he had nothing to do with Unicorn I'm looking forward to it.

I'm a little sketchy on the Macross franchise, mainly because like Gundam it's pretty big it'd be nice if someone could post a list of the main series in chronological order maybe.

Quick question, I understand there's a first series to Fullmetal Alchemist, should I watch that before Brotherhood?

Yeah I like Gonzo but they screwed up with the original Hellsing. Haven't seen Ultimate yet but I've heard good things about it. And Madoka is a deconstruction if I remember correctly, I usually like those.
Jan 15, 2013 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
Arch-Defender said:
I'm a little sketchy on the Macross franchise, mainly because like Gundam it's pretty big it'd be nice if someone could post a list of the main series in chronological order maybe.

It goes
Macross (compiled into the movie Macross: Do You Remember Love, which is really considered an AU movie)
Macross Plus
Macross Seven
Macross Frontier (compiled into the MF movies, which are a little different from the main series)

If I could voice an opinion on the series, I'd say only the original series (or the movie) and Frontier are worth watching. And you don't need to see Plus and 7 to get Frontier.
Jan 15, 2013 6:29 PM
Dec 2012
Arch-Defender said:

Quick question, I understand there's a first series to Fullmetal Alchemist, should I watch that before Brotherhood?

no
Jan 15, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
Another and Mirrai Nikki since you liked Elfen Lied.

Also, you can try the sequels of the anime you gave higher ratings to.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 15, 2013 6:43 PM

Jun 2012
As Holybaptiser said try Mirai Nikki since you liked Elfen Lied

Guilty Crown somewhat reminded me of Code Geass because of Endlaves.

Sword Art Online, since I see some of my favorites on your list I'll reccomend this.

More topics from this board

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
2 hours ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 6 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 7 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

48 by xthewarwithinx »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.