Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2011 8:58 PM

May 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I thinks this is as far as I want to go with Pokemon. The other Pokemon/Trainers don't attract me much.
Feb 10, 2013 5:36 PM

Feb 2012
This was a good ending to the story arc. I believe the next arc doesn’t involve any of the old characters, and I think that is a good decision because there is almost too many now. I’m currently playing generation III for the first time now, so I’m excited to see the next arc. I would be amazed if it beats what has come before, but I’m sure I will greatly enjoy it regardless.
Jul 31, 2015 5:22 PM

May 2013
This was a great chapter, it gave closure to both gens/sagas. I really enjoyed this story arc, great ending.

Apr 26, 2017 2:16 AM

Dec 2015
Apart from the disappointing cause of the villain's grand scheme, an appropriat nconclusion I guess?

5/5

It was able to succeed in creating a big stakes and relatively suspenseful story out of a new game while introducing most/all of those games specifications, right after Yellow who was already an attempt at a bigger intrigue.
The return of the big previous cast was very well managed and didn't affect negatively the roles and presence of the new three heroes.
The ties between the three parts were also well made.

Score for GS: 7/10 Personal preference for the more confidential aspect of RBG.

The fresh start for the third generation is a good idea to avoid overcomplexity and huge cast. But the fact the manga is based on the first games with a fully explicit scenario is a bad thing: the author is too tied by the game and can't do his own thing.
The drawings were also even less pleasant than during the artists transition so I ende up skipping it.
May 3, 2021 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
great ending for the GSC arc! there's still some minor questions, but i believe those will be answered in the future.

as for the whole SGC arc, it kinda hard to rating it,
at most, it will be like this:
SG part - 5/5 really can't complain about anything, the start is little slow, but as we saw with yellow, it's taking some time for the real developments.
Crystal part - 3.5/5 this part have real doubts for me, it's kinda big buildup for the last part, but at the same time trying create it's own story about catching and stuff, though i like crystal a lot, it's still have big downhill.
Crossover/Finale part - 5/5 there really nothing to say, little dragged at parts, but still awesome and makes the yellow finale part pale.
overall: 4/5
Jun 3, 2023 6:41 AM
Oct 2019
I actually finished rereading this!

The start of GSC is good, and then the first volume which introduces crystal kinda messed up the pacing for me. Not that crystal is not an interesting character, but the story felt disconnected, until the three johto dexholders unite, in which the pacing becomes good again. Also loves how all characters from RGB returns and have significant roles on this arc. The finale is awesome, even better than RGB and Y. 

I rated this a 9.3/10 before, and i think I will keep it like that. The crystal bit just kinda destroys the pacing for me ngl. This whole arc is a giant resolution to the whole two generation and i really like it.

Current Ranking: RGB > GSC > Y
Onto, RS arc!
WalkingAbacusJun 3, 2023 10:26 PM
Aug 18, 2023 7:23 AM

Dec 2007
WalkingAbacus said:
Not that crystal is not an interesting character, but the story felt disconnected,
i believe its more due the fact that crystal is based on the crystal game that came out later, so they kinda had to insert her.
you also need to remember that she came right after gold and silver got kidnapped, so they wanted to give little more breath of air. and also the fact that the artist came with crystal appearance.
Sep 16, 2023 1:24 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to User-Name
WalkingAbacus said:
Not that crystal is not an interesting character, but the story felt disconnected,
i believe its more due the fact that crystal is based on the crystal game that came out later, so they kinda had to insert her.
you also need to remember that she came right after gold and silver got kidnapped, so they wanted to give little more breath of air. and also the fact that the artist came with crystal appearance.
@User-Name i see, that makes sense. Kinda weird they didn't split it like yellow, emerald, and platinum do though.

But they end up working well in the end anyway..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 305 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 31, 2015

4 by Nerdason »»
Dec 31, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 302 Discussion

Shouichirou - Apr 2, 2011

8 by Nerdason »»
Dec 28, 2023 3:41 AM

» Physical Manga Collectors, lend me your aid

KGlock18 - Dec 11, 2023

4 by soulsilver4ever »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 280 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 21, 2015

2 by Nerdason »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:37 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 270 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 6, 2014

3 by Nerdason »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.