Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Okarin/Mayushii or Okarin/Kurisu
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 6, 2011 2:06 PM

Jan 2010
I don't think Okabe has romantic feelings for Mayuri. Seems more like a big brother, or to him Mayuri is a cherished person. There are people whom I love, but not in a romantic way.

LOL @ OkabeXRuka ... (not that the pervert in me is against it, just lulz)
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Sep 6, 2011 2:22 PM

Jul 2010
SephiriAzure said:
I have supported Makise x Okabe from the beginning. Its true that Okabe went through a lot to save Mayushii, but the one who was there to support him and the one he went to for support was always Makise. If you think that in order to go through all that to save someone means he's in love with her, then that's stupid, b/c I think anyone would go through all that to save a really close friend or family. To me, Okabe treated Mayushii as a sister and nothing more, and the anime showed more romantic feel when it had to do with Makise x Okabe. That's just what I think, but w/e.

This. The virtually non-existent chemistry between Okabe and Mayuri does not justify a romantic relationship.
Sep 6, 2011 2:25 PM

May 2011
notsureifsrs said:
Harem end or bust dawg

LMAO.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 6, 2011 3:18 PM

Jun 2010
to okabe, mayuri is more of a cherished childhood friend almost like family but kurisu is someone who is capable of supporting okabe more and also as mayuri mentions, someone that is also capable of being on par intellectually since mayuri understands nil of what okabe says 90% of the time
Sep 6, 2011 4:07 PM
Nov 2010
Okabe x Mayushii with 21 votes has a fanclub, yet Okabe x Kurisu has 141 votes and doesn't have a fanclub.

Someone should go i make a club for them (I would but i'm to lazy :P)
Sep 6, 2011 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
I think of Mayuri as Okabe's adopted sister. Hell, at some points, even adopted child.
Sep 6, 2011 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
Okabe and Kurisu fit each other like puzzle pieces. Can't even deny. I wonder if she'll get some of her memory of things from the alpha wordline.
Sep 7, 2011 12:08 AM

May 2010
I dont care if
I still support Okarin x Mayuri only. :3

they are the most sweet and cute. Mayushii was with Okabe first anyway.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 7, 2011 1:20 AM

Jan 2008
Okarin X Christina, of course...

Mayuri is child-like and innocent but Kurisu is much more mature and refined.

Also, Okarin's interactions with Christina in the first few episodes are what got me into the show in the first place. Moments such as when they were carrying the IBN5100 or when they were calling each other perverts, or when they were wearing those lab coats together, etc. really show how those two are just meant for each other.
Darklord_bgSep 7, 2011 3:47 AM
Sep 7, 2011 2:37 AM

May 2011
Kurisutina it is.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 7, 2011 2:59 AM

Oct 2010
Still a Mayuri x Okabe. I am in that one till the end. Baka is another story.
Blind_Guardian said:
Yeah, after episode 22, it's REALLY hard to argue against Okabe x Kurisu. Rukako's
No and no. There is a argument of Mayuri indeed stealing Okabe's very first kiss. :P That Makise can never beat nor in fact Himeji can in Baka but that's another series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 7, 2011 3:03 AM
Jun 2008
Just one slap and Mayuri's popularity in the board increased lol
Sep 7, 2011 3:08 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Mayuri was always like a family member to him and a little sister he has to protect, not lover.
That's not really so. It seemed like that but she may be a lover, how else things went towards that in the VN. Care for someone can eventually become love.
Monad said:
It was obvious from the start.
Yes but obvious that it can change suddenly too. I mean in the way the VN arranged it to have a love relation.
Monad said:
How can people see a sexual relationship threw that is beyond me.
Ask the VN about that but I can see as someone to have fallen beyond friendship. I see Mayuri as being a possible love to realize and not be stuck as someone who is only a friend.
Monad said:
Kurisu was always the prober wife material for Okabe. From the little husband and wife style fights to their science and lap coat understanding and the support they can give to each other they fit perfectly.
It was made to be like so that we see in which direction they are going. That was the obvious foreshadow.
Monad said:
Mayushi can't be his other half. She's not the soul that can intrigue him and be equal by his side challenging him and also be powerful enough to support him.
That does not mean she can give him a new side and variation that Makise cannot give out.
Monad said:
He needs someone like Kurisu for those elements that will make his life more full and complete his soul.
Might but that does not rule the possibility of Mayuri whom he saved many times and would feel better should he know that he can be by her side forever.

With #24 coming out next week we can only hope that it will be the True Ending. However Mayuri x Okabe will be with many that have it still in the VN. Perhaps not the true ending but a most satisfying one for some.

Sep 7, 2011 3:19 AM

Jul 2011
Okabe x Kurisu

but

Kyouma x Mayuri
Sep 7, 2011 5:18 AM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

With #24 coming out next week we can only hope that it will be the True Ending.

Episode 23 is already the first part of the true ending. It's basically confirmed.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 7, 2011 7:42 AM

Feb 2009
I think we need to differentiate here between the actual *anime* which is going for the True Ending (not that I know what the actual ending is), and the different possibilities (Mayuri x Okabe) available in the VN... They're two different things. That's cool and all if you can pick Mayuri in the VN, but that isn't what's going on in the anime.
Sep 7, 2011 7:43 AM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Episode 23 is already the first part of the true ending. It's basically confirmed.
Pffffffff, you never know what last troll they can pull off. Let's hope they keep faithful but who knows what things do change in thee end.

Sep 7, 2011 7:49 AM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Pffffffff, you never know what last troll they can pull off. Let's hope they keep faithful but who knows what things do change in thee end.

If that ever happens, don't 4get to give credit to Hanada for his gj. XD
Sep 7, 2011 7:53 AM

Oct 2010
Kansokusha said:
Yumekichi11 said:
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

If that ever happens, don't 4get to give credit to Hanada for his gj. XD
Oh no, I certainly will not be happy about it and certainly have fears of it.

Sep 7, 2011 8:19 AM

Jun 2011
Actually, surprisingly, the Mayushii x Okarin couple never crossed my mind xD I've always seen them as best friends, brother and sister. There's no doubt that they care for each other very deeply, and that they love each other, just not in a romentic way.
On the other hand, I've always felt the chemistry between Okabe x Kurisu and I think they are perfect for each other. I actually didn't expect that drastic romantic improvement between them, but I had a feeling that they liked each other. I'm sure they'll end up together if Okarin manages to somehow save her xD
And I'm just talking about the anime, I haven't seen the VA xD

Even though Mayuri is my favourite character in the anime, I prefer and support Okabe x Kurisu. I respect your and the opinions of those who like Okarin x Mayushii better, though ^^
Sep 7, 2011 8:34 AM
Nov 2010
As it was already said: after episode 22, Okarin x Kurisu wins the match...
Mayushii is still the cooler character for me out of the two, though...:P
Sep 7, 2011 8:42 AM
Dec 2007
I usually root for the childhood friend, but in this case, the distance between Okarin and Mayuri is too big. Okarin is a mad scientist and Mayuri doesn't understand any of the things he's researching. And Okarin can't share his deepest worries with her since she's so innocent and you'd usually want to protect a person like Mayuri by hiding things from her. That doesn't mean Mayuri isn't mature enough (she's probably more mature than the rest, but in an unusual/unworldly way) to support Okarin, it's just that her support for him is of a different nature that the support of a lover.
I don't like tsunderes that much, but Kurisu is one of the best I have ever seen in anime so far. She's not over-the-top tsundere and can keep up with Okarin. I think those two have a lot more in common and share the same "language" (you know, mad scientist talk).
viMALSep 7, 2011 8:47 AM
Sep 7, 2011 2:18 PM

May 2010
I feel like the only one who would have rather have no "shippings" in Steins;Gate. lol.

Voted for MayushiixOkarin though.
Sep 7, 2011 4:33 PM

Nov 2007
Because she is HOT! and the best Tsundere girl in the HISTORY of ANIME!

El Psy Kurisu
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 8, 2011 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
shanimebib said:

El Psy Kurisu

That's a strong argument actually.
-Fixing-
Sep 8, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2009
I support Okarin x Alva Worrier.
Sep 8, 2011 5:34 PM

Oct 2009
Nah, I like Kurisu with Okrain. Mayuri is great, but she never had the character development, and depth Kurisu had.

Sep 8, 2011 6:23 PM

Jul 2011
I think Mayushii is better how Okarin's friend. The friendship between the both is perfect, and they become a couple wouldn't make sense at this point. I think Okabe sees Mayuri as a precious friend and wants to see her happy and protect her, like a older brother. Not a boyfriend.
oponionsSep 8, 2011 6:36 PM
Sep 8, 2011 6:29 PM

Feb 2009
shanimebib said:

El Psy Kurisu

True that. Fucking hate tsunderes in general, but I like Kurisu a LOT.
Sep 8, 2011 6:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fai said:
I just love how otaku community can interpret brother/sister relationships like love pairings.

Mayushi is Okabe's family. Kurisu is his love. The show never ever portrayed it differently and its...well..disgusting to see some people actually SHIPPING that pairing which was not even romantic :)

so, okabe/kurisu ftw :)

QFT. Again, Mayushii is just a little sister.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 9, 2011 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
Seems like almost everyone who cheers for Mayuri X Okarin comes from VN player :3

Gonna wait for beta CD drama to be translated. I sensed Mayuri knows many more things than she looks to be :3
Sep 9, 2011 1:36 PM

Aug 2011
heres a list of girls okabe has been in contact with and the things he did on them on a "certain scale"

1. Rukako: he touched her uknowwhat
2. FB Girl: dirty french kiss
3. Kurisu: long kiss
4. Mayuri: a hug

so yea coincides with the "mayuri is like a little sister/childhood friend you shouldn't mess with that" thing thats been said here
JnMegamiSep 9, 2011 2:22 PM
Sep 10, 2011 12:28 AM

Jun 2006
Kansokusha said:
zeroyuki92 said:
People worhshipping kurisu is normal, the anime follows true route, after all. Some things, such as Okarin crying to Mayushi in 22nd episode are removed from the anime, so I guess to see all pairings more objectively, everyone should play the VN and play all of the routes.

-Not that everything must be objective,though.-

And back to topic, I prefer Mayushi. Their childhoold scene in the grave just wins me over...Their "silent but very warm" relation when Okabe "kidnapped" Mayushi and Mayushi's "silent understanding" for Okabe suits my preferred style of relationship very well.

Not that KurisuXOkarin was bad, they're also very suited to each othe, and their flags in ep 22 are so good...but in different stlye that Mayushi's. I just happened to like Mayushi's style more.

^This. Can't choose between Kurisu and Mayuri. If Kurisu is willing to sacrifice herself for the sake of Okabe and Mayuri, Mayuri can do the same, even she knew that she's not Okabe's true love. Moeblob? Gotta listen to the Drama CD Beta. Nuff said.

^ This~
Sep 11, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2010
I just don't think Mayushii x Okarin would work.. To me their relationship has always seemed like Big Brother/Little Sister rather than romantic friends. But a lot of people don't understand different types of love either (a guy and a girl can be extremely close without being 'in love'!)... Frankly, I am very happy this show didn't have a predictable love triangle going on. Kurisu is the love interest, and Mayuri is the "sister" type friend.

*Edit* Just to clarify, I love both Mayuri and Kurisu. They're my 2 favorite characters, and think that the two have a great chemistry.. So I don't favor Kuri x Okabe pairing due to dislike of the other :)
BepboSep 11, 2011 8:14 PM
Sep 11, 2011 3:04 PM
May 2011
Definitely Kurisu. I've been in love with her character since 1st episode... And while I don't find myself hating Mayuri, I have to admit that I don't really like her. Dunno since when, but i have become more and more repulsive toward cutesy antics... So I kinda found her "tutturu", slow pace, and high notes voice annoying at some times. Its also one of the reason I can't stand K-On's anime (love the manga!)

As for Kurisu, I don't get it why people said that she is the best tsundere ever... because I kinda felt some of her tsundere traits are misplaced... the generic, "I, I didn't do this because I like you or anything, ok." line was said too often and sometimes killed the mood. Without that line, her tsundere characters already shone, and she's cute enough, so why add it?? The line was already done too dead in other series, anyway.

Anyway, I love the Okabe/Kurisu shipping in this anime, unlike other adapted series, It was pretty clear to whom the story is converging, so we weren't really holding our breath speculating who he is going to end up with... Episode 22 was just too cute, and just for that's instance, I love Kurisu's generic line and her hippocampus explanation... lol.
Sep 12, 2011 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
I personally liked Kurisu x Okabe before episode 22, but i never actually thought much about pairings and i didn't think that the series needed them.As for Mayushi/Okabe/Kurisu...well the way i see it is :Okabe=Dad Kurisu=Mom Mayushi=Daughter:)
Sep 12, 2011 8:07 PM

Nov 2010
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
Katsuki said:
Kansokusha said:
zeroyuki92 said:
People worhshipping kurisu is normal, the anime follows true route, after all. Some things, such as Okarin crying to Mayushi in 22nd episode are removed from the anime, so I guess to see all pairings more objectively, everyone should play the VN and play all of the routes.

And back to topic, I prefer Mayushi. Their childhoold scene in the grave just wins me over...Their "silent but very warm" relation when Okabe "kidnapped" Mayushi and Mayushi's "silent understanding" for Okabe suits my preferred style of relationship very well.

Not that KurisuXOkarin was bad, they're also very suited to each othe, and their flags in ep 22 are so good...but in different stlye that Mayushi's. I just happened to like Mayushi's style more.

^This. Can't choose between Kurisu and Mayuri. If Kurisu is willing to sacrifice herself for the sake of Okabe and Mayuri, Mayuri can do the same, even she knew that she's not Okabe's true love. Moeblob? Gotta listen to the Drama CD Beta. Nuff said.

^ This~
But how do all of you respond to the 'she's more like a sibling' comment?

I don't really object that there're some parts of their relation that somehow seems like 'Okarin thinks of Mayuri as his little sister'

But I can't see how it worked in the opposite. I can only see that Mayuri thinks Okarin as everything...Lifesaver, the only one that she had,the only one that she really cared of, some hidden jealousy, and I can't see that as something that isn't romantic.

And the best part is, her feeling for Okabe seems reaching a level that "As long as you are happy, I'm okay". That's just damn too sweet (I guess this works similiarly at when my first time I loved a pairing, Ryuuji X Minori in Toradora, altough I also loves TaigaXRyuuji and support them)

Too bad I can't comment about the visual novel parts, but from what I read from other people in MAL, I guess we lost a lot of Mayuri flags.
Sep 13, 2011 6:36 AM

Jul 2010
If Okarin choose Mayushii, he will live peacefully.
If he choose Kurisu, he will need to deal with her insanity and terrible cooking.

NAME AGE BIRTHDATE ZODIAC BLOODTYPE HEIGHT (CM) WEIGHT (KG) BWH
Makise Kurisu 18 July 25th Leo A 160 45 B79/W56/H83
Shiina Mayuri 16 February 2nd Aquarius O 152 45 B85/W56/H82
kusushiSep 13, 2011 1:40 PM
Sep 13, 2011 7:02 AM

Jul 2010
kusushi said:
If he choose Kurisu, he will need to deal with her insanity and terrible cooking.

Scary stuff.
Sep 13, 2011 8:11 PM
Aug 2010
Yes, official couples tend to get TONS of support just for being the official couple. It really helps that official couples actually get relational development.

I saw the "Kurisu is the main heroine" thing coming from miles away, even if I hadn't already know the VN." Even without the fairly obvious hints, being the sole character featured in the ED pretty much gave her a free ticket to being the love interest.

kusushi said:

lol, that's what happens when you choose a smart successful woman. They are the ones getting the trophy husbands, though Kurisu is too hot to need to use her status. A peaceful life doesn't really fit Okarin's enthusiasm though.
Sep 13, 2011 8:18 PM

Feb 2009
kusushi said:

lmfao. These drama CDs are certainly... interesting...
Sep 14, 2011 12:30 AM
Jul 2010
Droplet said:
kusushi said:

lmfao. These drama CDs are certainly... interesting...
...and somewhat scary...
Sep 14, 2011 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
The fact that she get's jealous only makes her better...but lol! Wow this is nice.. Even if she is slightly psycho. WOW. Woahhh typing this as I watch this.... They are perfect for each other.. She's a mad scientist too lol loved her laugh.oh god i hear crazy stuff...but overall cool beanns Kurisu wins. Mayuri aint bout it anyways
Sep 14, 2011 9:20 AM

Jul 2011
The whole appeal with Mayushii is that she's the little sister. The girl that calls you "oniichan" and all that. More endearing for her role as the one that's supposed to be taken care of by hououin but instead it's the other way around.

With that said, yes she should be with him, because... because... Kurisu is too good for him... Too perfect...
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Sep 15, 2011 4:47 AM

Jul 2010
Kurisu "Okabe is my pet :P"
Oct 14, 2011 6:07 PM

May 2010
Both!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 15, 2011 8:26 AM

Jan 2010
shiro-yume said:
Mayushii and Okarin should be a couple instead of Kurisu?

I honestly think Mayushii/Okarin is a better couple. I don't know why, but I just think Kurisu is just out of place. (that thing where childhood friends get nothing, but the newer character gets everything >___>)

Mod edit:Spoilers put inside post, and title changed

Yaaaaaaaayzz I finaly found a person who think Mayushii is better for Okarin!!
Yeah, I think Kurisu just a 'newcomer' although she has all that genius think and Okarin finally has someone that as smart as he is, BUT, the flashback between Okarin and Mayushii is just too adorable and sweet.

I hate how after the 22 episode, the story suddenly focus on Kurisu and abandon Mayushii. Its like almost half of the episode is telling about how he desperately try to save her and after he found out he have to choose between Mayushii and Kurisu, his mind all focused on Kurisu and so the entire show. I just hate this.
I want Okarin/Mayushii ending...
Oct 15, 2011 8:27 AM

Jan 2010
Yukine-chan said:
Personally I'm a fan of Okarin x Mayushii WAY more than Okarin x Kurisu. And yeah I get all that happened in episode 22 but still I like Okarin with Mayushii. I shipped then before episode 22 and will ship them no matter what!
LittleStar said:
Okarin/ Mayushii

Love them since first episode :D
Oct 15, 2011 8:40 AM

Jan 2010
revive4563 said:
In fact, Okabe and Kurisu are long-distance from the beginning. Moreover Kurisu is foreign student. She has no time at all. I think Mayuri is most suitable for Okabe after all. Either way Kurisu will be best friend of Okabe though.

Yes. I expected relationship between Okabe/Kurisu is a close friend. no romance. Or maybe, one-sided romance because Kurisu is so obvious has feelings for Okabe since early episode with her tsundere attitude. (Hell I hate Tsundere >.>)
Oct 15, 2011 8:51 AM

Jan 2010
RyuKirin said:
From the very beginning It's always been Okarin x Mayushii. After Episode 22, I grew digusted x-x since Okarin and Kurisu kissing were the last thing I wanted to see happen in the anime. since they looked horrible as a couple IMO <---- SEE THAT!!... IN MY OPINION.
Kansokusha said:
zeroyuki92 said:

IchigoHollowfi said:
I dont care if

Okabe did confess to kurisu,
I still support Okarin x Mayuri only. :3

they are the most sweet and cute. Mayushii was with Okabe first anyway.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

486 by Term4738 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1830 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.