Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2023 5:12 AM

Jul 2017
i liked this episode a lot, the first of the serie
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Sep 5, 2023 1:07 PM
Aug 2016
Good episode. But a pity, I really thought that both she and the lieutenant could evolve together. I hope that at least the lieutenant evolves, and not with the typical argument of revenge, because if not, we will be left without enemies for the moment.

Kamile is still not sure he wants to be a pilot. Even so, he agrees to fight the girl, and to kill her. Although at first he did want to talk to her, later he has no problem killing her. I connect with the idea of the beginning. A person who drives a GUNDAM knows that he is going to dedicate himself to war in some way or another. It could therefore seem incoherent, since the character of the previous chapters, if anything, was anything but reflective. Perhaps seeing the condition of the planet's colony has made him reflect.

I'm still lost with the Red Comet. He really defended the Newtipes, didn't he? He was with the family dictatorship in the previous series to avenge his father and because in said dictatorship there was a search for the best race, relying on the Newtipes. And yet he now seems to go against it. Is it because of the death of the green-haired girl? Or am I wrong?
Sep 5, 2023 1:08 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to kage-bunshin
so when humans adapt to space they become newtypes, interesting
@kage-bunshin I dont think theres an automatic relationship within both terms.
Sep 5, 2023 1:10 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to Marloges
Holy shit! Kamille killed Jerid's love interest. They already hate each other but it'll become a full blown vendetta when Jerid learns about who did it.

People evolving into newtypes because they're living in space is an interesting concept, but I wonder if that process is faster for some people. Amuro Ray was still really young and became a newtype, while other, older people on the colony seemed to be oldtypes. Or maybe actually being born in space is relevant? Don't quite get it yet, hope it'll be explained. If not - I guess it's just different for everyone.

Oldtypes subconsciously feeling antipathy towards newtypes is something that explains this whole conflict. I get that they're worried that they're going to rule eventually due to their superiority, but preventing humanity from evolving seems counterproductive honestly.
@Marloges I mean, if being a Newtype its only related to combat skills, that dosent mean anything. Not only beacuse they can be used as a tools. Also because simply they will wait till they go to sleep and kill them, or just 100000 vs 1. Even a Newtype cant skip that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 6, 2008

92 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 37 Discussion

Beatnik - Jul 4, 2008

41 by p13gu »»
Mar 26, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 9, 2008

73 by Dane-se »»
Feb 7, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 47 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 20, 2009

44 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 27 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - May 27, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 21, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.