Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2008 11:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I didn't think Vanilla would do that. Very nice episode.

Was that a monster Kaiba plant at the end?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 2, 2008 11:43 AM

Jan 2008
Amazing episode, on par with #3. Wondering what will happen next...

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jun 2, 2008 1:01 PM

Mar 2007
My favourite episode so far.

Bye bye Chroniko's body. I liked it, I wonder if the new one will have a design that is just as nice.
Jun 2, 2008 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
This is probably my favourite episode yet. Vannila's death was superbly done, imo.
Wonder what will happen with our main character's memories now.
Jun 2, 2008 1:55 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic death yeah ! But Vanilla's mom's and Warp's memories are lost now, I wonder what will happen to those two.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 2, 2008 2:08 PM

Oct 2007
That was a outstanding episode. From Kaiba learning the truth about some of his past, to learning that Gel was Neiro --- then you have the last five minutes or so. The second the chase started i had a sinking feeling that Vanilla was to die, though it went out in such an epic style. It's pretty crazy how much my opinion can change on just one character from his actions in those last five minutes of the episode.

I couldn't stop the tears from falling in that scene, very emotional.

Now begins the two weeks wait for more Kaiba to air.
Jun 2, 2008 2:09 PM
Feb 2008
As far as i know, Vanilla transferred Warp's memories to somewhere(i don't know where, maybe the first planet of the show?), while buying time by staying there.
Nice, sad episode ;_;
The song before the ED was awesome as well.
Jun 2, 2008 3:28 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode, Vanilla wasn't such a bad guy afterall. I'm on the edge of my seat to see what's going to happen next.

Shiroth said:
Now begins the two weeks wait for more Kaiba to air.

;_;
Jun 2, 2008 3:55 PM

May 2008
Geez, just when you think this series is going to have a really rough time outdoing itself it does so again. A lot of powerful scenes in this one between exploring Neiro's memory and the chase with Vanilla at the end. Plus the art direction was fabulous. This was definitely Yuasa at his best right here.
Jun 2, 2008 4:46 PM

Jan 2007
That was an amazing episode. I'm pretty much speechless. Learning more through Neiro's memories and Vanilla's epic departure. Just great stuff.
Jun 3, 2008 12:36 AM

Apr 2007
Wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2008 1:14 AM

May 2008
This show never fails to impress. I can't believe we have to wait two whole weeks for another episode 8(
Jun 3, 2008 8:04 AM

Apr 2008
That was an excellent episode, the chase scene at the end was excellently done and I'd say that this would have to be Vanilla's crowning moment of awesome! And actually we don't have to wait two weeks for the next episode because the subbers were slightly behind (the next episode gets broadcast on the 6th of June).
Jun 3, 2008 12:31 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome.

Even though it was pretty much clear that Gel was Neiro from the previous episode, seeing her memories was cool. I think that the black marks are a sign of her trying to cope with an unpleasant situation. It seemed that Neiro was being used by Popo and she couldn't do anything about it, so she changed her memories of Kaiba/Warp into those of Popo. Or maybe her memories were altered by someone else.

The chasing and shooting scene near the end of the ep looked superb, especially the jumping from one line into the other. Well done!

When I first saw Vanilla, I thought he was just a corrupted security person, who had a soft spot for pretty girls. This episode(and to some extent the previous one) really changed my opinion. The way he threw his own life away to save his loved one was very touching. And I always thought he'd do just about anything to stay out of trouble. The fact that he had his mother's memories with and really cared about her was also moving.

If this level of awesomeness keeps up, it might become my best anime ever.
Jun 3, 2008 1:40 PM

Dec 2007
the best episode so far (with the number 3) Vanilla was cool T_T
Jun 3, 2008 7:23 PM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
Was that a monster Kaiba plant at the end?
That's what I thought it was.

Kaiba seems to be growing.... :<

I actually liked Vanilla, and he died :<

Hmm, most of you said what I needed to say..

I just love this show.
Jun 3, 2008 7:32 PM
Jun 2008
This Anime has already become one of my favourites. This episode was the best yet and all of the events that transpired in it were unexpected. Vanilla's demise was sad. I didn't think the ride would stop for him here, but it did. That chase scene was awesome and it looks like both Vanilla's mom's memories and Warp's memories have been ejected. Also, is it just me or does Popo look evil? lol. Something about his face makes him look like he's hiding something. I cannot wait for the next episode.
Jun 3, 2008 7:38 PM

Oct 2007
That was amazing, Vanilla was really cool =)

Jun 4, 2008 3:27 AM

Apr 2007
robin-kun said:
Awesome.

Even though it was pretty much clear that Gel was Neiro from the previous episode, seeing her memories was cool. I think that the black marks are a sign of her trying to cope with an unpleasant situation. It seemed that Neiro was being used by Popo and she couldn't do anything about it, so she changed her memories of Kaiba/Warp into those of Popo. Or maybe her memories were altered by someone else.

Awesome indeed. I can't hate on Vanilla anymore. He made an ultimate sacrifice :(

I think her memories were probably altered and/or parts of it were removed. The last couple of episodes started out explaining how easy it was to remove negative memories or implant happy new ones.

The flying thing knows far too much. It''s probably either a full or partial copy of Neiro's memories. It looked like it died in that high speed chase :(

I can't wait to see more. I just want to know how we go from this:

to this:

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 4, 2008 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
If you look closely, you can see Vanilla remove the chip from Hyo-Hyo. So, assuming that Hyo-Hyo is Neiro (which seems pretty likely at this point), Kaiba and Neiro will be back on the planet this all started with next episode.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKP5Fag0FMg (spoilers) gets more and more interesting. Who else thinks Popo is the villain?
Jun 4, 2008 11:39 AM

Apr 2007
stu-do said:
If you look closely, you can see Vanilla remove the chip from Hyo-Hyo. So, assuming that Hyo-Hyo is Neiro (which seems pretty likely at this point), Kaiba and Neiro will be back on the planet this all started with next episode.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKP5Fag0FMg (spoilers) gets more and more interesting. Who else thinks Popo is the villain?

You're right. I thought he may have inserted his mother's chip but the second chip was yellow.

I want to stay surprised so I'm not going to click on the link. So far it looks like Popo could be the villain but there's also someone named Dada-sama that he mentioned being pleased by their work. Perhaps that's the mastermind?

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 4, 2008 12:42 PM
Jun 2008
I thought it was the mother's memories too. Did I miss something? I thought Neiro was Gel, not Hyo-Hyo.

I want to know what happened between Warp and Neiro too. I'm anticipating something great =)
Jun 4, 2008 4:20 PM

Jun 2007
I figured Popo was the badguy since the end of episode 6. And after episode 7 and the Never music video, this bananas just got serious.

Excellent episode, though my favorite is still the third.
Jun 4, 2008 11:30 PM

Apr 2008
Just a guess, but I think that Warp's next body is gonna be Vanilla's replacement body. Isn't that why Vanilla continuously backed up his memories(at least till he met Chroniko/Warp? So if he backed up Warp's memories to the same place as his own were supposed to be, then maybe he'll look like Vanilla next.

Could just be wild conjecture though. . . . .
Jun 5, 2008 9:42 AM

Dec 2007
kimmiechan said:
Just a guess, but I think that Warp's next body is gonna be Vanilla's replacement body. .

Before he died, Vanilla said that his body was his only one, so why should he have a replacement body?
Jun 5, 2008 9:46 AM
Apr 2008
does anyone know that song playing during the chase? GOD I NEED THE OST NOW!
Jun 5, 2008 10:09 AM
May 2008
robin-kun said:

Before he died, Vanilla said that his body was his only one, so why should he have a replacement body?

Insurance, for being a sheriff. Like a fighter pilot having a parachute.

I for one will certainly miss Chroniko's butt.
Jun 5, 2008 10:12 AM
Apr 2008
robin-kun said:

I for one will certainly miss Chroniko's butt.

i second that
Jun 5, 2008 2:11 PM

Jul 2007
Vanilla killed himself even though he had just learned that his insurance memory uploads had been deleted... I never thought his love for Chroniko was so genuine. BTW I wonder why her body smiled when Vanilla hugged her, was it just an hallucination of his or did her body still contained a bit of her mind?
Jun 6, 2008 1:18 PM

Apr 2008
Uuchie said:
BTW I wonder why her body smiled when Vanilla hugged her, was it just an hallucination of his or did her body still contained a bit of her mind?

I believe he was seeing what he wanted to see.
Jun 11, 2008 7:35 AM
Jun 2008
you've also got to take in consideration that when you saw through the memories, that kaiba couldn't have been kaiba. Maybe someone was in his body?
Jun 15, 2008 10:47 PM

May 2008
Terrific episode, we learned so many things these past 2 episodes, but 7 was just amazing, I knew from the beginning Vanilla wasn't such a bad guy.He seemed like a tough shell, but underneath that shell/pride was loneliness.That chase scene was just classic.

also

tainteddonut said:
The flying thing knows far too much. It''s probably either a full or partial copy of Neiro's memories. It looked like it died in that high speed chase :(

I always thought Hyo-Hyo was a kind of camera for Popo, to keep tabs on Kaiba/Warp, but not after episode 7, Vanilla removed hyo-hyo's chip before being blown to bits, so that tells us it''s a person, as to whom though..copy of Neiro's memories that sounds plausible, but it could very well be someone else, a friend of theirs perhaps.

. and btw @ your spoiler pics, we don't even know if they're the same person at all, it hasn't been confirmed.

And at the very end, was it just me or was that a gigantic Kaiba eating a planet/moon? This is without a doubt my favorite episode, closely followed by 3.
alarmedJun 21, 2008 2:59 AM
Jun 17, 2008 5:30 PM
Apr 2008
this was a freaking intense episode. I long await the rest of this series.

Best episode yet...Goodbye Vanilla you perv :D
Jun 20, 2008 8:48 PM
Mar 2008
so when exactly is the next ep going to come out? and, i agree with you guys on how epic of an ep 7 was.. was crying so much when vanilla died and i thought i pretty much disliked him for appearing to be a horny shallow guy goin after chroniko.
Jun 24, 2008 4:25 AM

Jun 2008
why didn't vanilla just put his mom's memories inside of one of the MANY disposed bodies on that utopian planet?
Jul 8, 2008 6:38 AM

Feb 2007
Wow, that was a truly sad episode.

And, I might be the only one, but I loved Vanilla from the start, and although he changed for the worse in Ep 2, I grew to like him again from the Ep 4 point. I was determined that he had another side to him that he was hiding. He was such an interesting character, and his sacrifice at the end was really depressing for me. It was with great relief to see that he had geniune feelings inside, and was not the shallow bastard that we saw from the outside. I'll miss you buddy, you get a spot in my fav character section (for now, it always changes).

I'm obviously behind again, but I'm back from my holiday, and I'm determined to catch up with the rest of you tomorrow. I'm starting to get a little confused between Warp and Kaiba. Which one fell in love with Neiro, and whether the same person shot her. Perhaps one of their memories were copied, or perhaps Popo is behind this with some mind manipulation?
BlueYoshiJul 8, 2008 6:42 AM
Jul 13, 2008 7:43 PM

Mar 2007
Stionel said:
why didn't vanilla just put his mom's memories inside of one of the MANY disposed bodies on that utopian planet?

I think he was trying to take the memories to a specific destination. And since it was already a hassle smuggling 'Chroniko' to different planets, it probably would be even more of a pain to drag an extra body around.... PLUS vanilla was too busy trying to woo 'Chroniko' as well.

yeh the kaiba plant was eating some rock... i assumed it was a planet (maybe their moon?) Vanilla dying was pretty tragic. One of those few bad guys you genuinely feel sorry for all the way to the end. Yeah i guess its time to say goodbye to Chroniko's asscrack. Chroniko was cute till Warp took over her body :P

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jan 26, 2009 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
Another fantastic episode.

Reassurance in crucial moments are usually lies. As corrupt as Vanilla was, he still had the ability to fall sincerely in love. I'm going to miss his blushing forehead. ;_;
Feb 9, 2009 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
That was a really beautiful, touching episode. Honestly, probably one of the best I've ever seen. Apart from the content itself, I loved the music in the ep. Now I want the OST so much!
失われた翼を探して
Jul 1, 2009 1:10 PM

Jun 2009
This was one of my favourite episodes in the show, Vanilla really showed here that he was not that bad person after all. I really feel sorry for him.
Dec 14, 2009 1:38 AM

Aug 2009
Awesome episode. At first Vanilla irritates me. But now I'm sorry that he's dead.
Jan 21, 2010 7:16 AM

Nov 2008
Holy shit, Vanilla! ;_;
I hated him since the beginning, but hell, his death was freakin' sad. Also, his desire to revive his mother and his sacrifice to save Kaiba make him more human and touching than in the previous episode.

Great action scenes as well, from the underwater rebellion to the curse pursuit.

Some nice plot devellopment, apparently Kaiba killed Nero, or so he destroyed of her body, I guess. I wonder what happened exactly.

Excellent episode, like always.
HooHiraiBunnyJan 21, 2010 7:39 AM
Mar 3, 2010 9:45 PM
Feb 2008
Manly tears were shed

Not sure about the whole Neiro thing and Kaiba being really evil and whatnot.
May 1, 2010 10:42 AM

Mar 2008
Slightly confused, but I think from the comment we're meant to be left in the dark and get answers on the way.

Good episode, ah didn't expect that from Vanilla...a little sad, he turned out to be a great guy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2010 2:47 PM

Jan 2010
god i'm such a baka for giving it 4/5 yesterday :-(

i didn't understand it well and i had to rewatch it today and now i realised this episode is a masterpiece :(,poor Vanilla...he sacrificed himself :(

and Chrokino's body is done for aswel,no :(

5/5 in my head :-)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 23, 2010 11:48 AM

Apr 2009
Vanilla was a good guy after all. He really did care for Chroniko' s body LOL , uhmmm but seriously I think he did loved her by sacrificing everything in the end.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 12, 2011 2:34 PM

May 2010
I always liked Vanilla because he was a badass with a soft-spot for chicks, but his sacrifice was outstanding. This episode was mesmerizing.
Nov 10, 2011 8:11 AM

May 2010
*wipes tears*

OUTSTANDING EPISODE!!

Oh God!! The part where Vanilla changed her vision of the grossed out Chroniko into a smiling one. Manly tears were shed.

Vanilla. You're truly a MAN!! He sacrificed everything just for his pure genuine love despite how one-sided it is.

Such a memorable character.

So much for drama, Gel is really Neiro. And I wonder if Warp has remembered everything now.
StormViruzNov 10, 2011 8:15 AM
Aug 4, 2012 3:44 AM

Sep 2008
THAT was astonishing! I didn't think Vanilla would be such a cool guy.

The question for the next episodes is: what happens to Warp's chip and his flying companion :O

Also, the voyage into Gel's / Neiro's memories was very interesting. Can't wait to see what comes next.
Oct 9, 2012 12:06 PM
Sep 2009
It was very good episode. The song during the chase is called "The Tree Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ammbdMsHnU

I suggest listening to its lyrics because it proves to be very meaningful to the story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I’m indifferent to the point of dropping it

Sagepool - Apr 13

0 by Sagepool »»
Apr 13, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Netforce - Aug 7, 2008

153 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trojun - Aug 7, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 10 Discussion

8GaugeBrett - Jul 31, 2008

43 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

freedo- - Jul 4, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 3:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.