Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2022 11:36 AM
Mar 2021
Whenever I try to read the Saint Seiya manga, parts of it are missing. The end of the Sanctuary Act, the entire Poseidon Act, and part of the Hades Act. Were those parts lost or something?
Aug 7, 2022 11:47 AM

Apr 2020
You know, I never had given much thought to this, but yeah, maybe they were never translated to English.

The series was really unpopular in English speaking countries, what with them receiving a censored to hell and back adaptation almost 20 years after the original's run and way after similar shows influenced by it had already aired.

It's pretty easy to find the manga fully translated...in Spanish, which is how I read it. I'm pretty sure it's also been fully translated to French
Aug 7, 2022 3:17 PM
Jul 2020
For whatever reason, the full Saint Seiya manga is not available in English anywhere on the Internet, legally or otherwise, as far as I can tell. Literally the only way to read the full series in English is to buy the physical volumes from Viz. That’s why I decided to watch the anime instead.
Aug 7, 2022 7:09 PM
May 2021
If you're in the USA, Viz recently added all 110 chapters of Saint Seiya (English translation) to their Shonen Jump app (you have to have the $1.99/month subscription to read it).
Aug 8, 2022 12:02 AM
Feb 2021
Austin_Bale said:
For whatever reason, the full Saint Seiya manga is not available in English anywhere on the Internet, legally or otherwise, as far as I can tell. Literally the only way to read the full series in English is to buy the physical volumes from Viz. That’s why I decided to watch the anime instead.

I've only read the beginning of the Manga, but from what I've heard there's actually quite a few differences compared to the Anime. One that I usually see a lot is that seiya's personality was thrown away in the Anime to make a more generic protagonist for example
Aug 8, 2022 10:38 PM

Apr 2020
Livaru said:

I've only read the beginning of the Manga, but from what I've heard there's actually quite a few differences compared to the Anime. One that I usually see a lot is that seiya's personality was thrown away in the Anime to make a more generic protagonist for example

There's a lot of differences, actually. From characters being added, changed or outright deleted, events happening under different circumstances and more. Seiya wasn't the only character who got his personality changed and, in fact, it's probably Shun who was changed the most between the Anime and the Manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by Nill_oficial7boy »»
May 11, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 113 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

5 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 2, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 114 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Dec 2, 2012

23 by HikariShoumeiron »»
May 1, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 26, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.