Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2022 11:28 PM

Mar 2014
A partial episode recap and then at the end she gets slapped with delusional... oof.
Jan 2, 2022 9:44 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
A mini recap episode with Davis explaining her side of the story and after all that she gets put on leave. At least Davis knows that the Wallace Corporation is involved some how. Episode ended with another banger song.
Jan 3, 2022 12:25 PM

Jul 2011
I like how Davis isn't a bothersome detective that the spectator hates, but a interesting character even being against Elle.

Well better being called delusional than the higher-ups straight killing her in the middle of the desert to cover-up.
Jan 4, 2022 12:41 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Smartly placed recap episode that doesn't feel like filler or an infodump. It kind of sucks that this took a whole episode out of the 13 episode season, but that aside 5/5 recap. Beautiful closeups that shows their expressions well.

Unfortunate ending, but not at all surprising. From the get go -- from higher ups to also the interviewer he smelled like a load of crock getting her statement and then suddenly asking about her Blade Runner results. I also find it interesting that he didn't start recording at the beginning beginning, but started after her "testimony" started. Also that the recording machine also looks like a tazer down to the lil battery bar.
(P.S. Maybe I haven't watched Black Lotus in awhile, but it did slightly confuse me when the episode started--almost felt like I skipped an episode but anyways..)
Jan 4, 2022 6:42 PM
Jun 2013
As far as recap episodes go, this was creative and probably the best way to go about it without making the viewer think that you are completely wasting their time. Nice to spend more time with Officer Davis and get to see the institutional corruption that she’s up against from her perspective. We get to see just how much the world is stacked against her, how alone she is in her dogged pursuit of the truth, making her a great mirror for Elle.
Jan 7, 2022 4:15 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Finally managed to get my hands on the dub, and oh it's just a recap. Nonetheless, a well-told recap that makes sense and also reminded me how good the past couple episodes actually were; albeit of course the animation would could use a lot of work. Animate the people better and you have a show that actually slaps

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 9, 2022 9:30 AM
Jul 2019
I think the Detective is fine as a character, but she contributes practically nothing to the plot.
Jan 9, 2022 1:03 PM
Apr 2016
itsjustgeorge said:
I think the Detective is fine as a character, but she contributes practically nothing to the plot.

Yes now that you said it I realize she did absolutely nothing so far XD
I have the feeling that she will end up helping Elle.
Jan 10, 2022 1:45 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Franck_Nicolas said:
itsjustgeorge said:

Yes now that you said it I realize she did absolutely nothing so far XD
I have the feeling that she will end up helping Elle.

We've basically built up that she's supposedly best of her class for a dropout, and that the entire government is corrupt down to the oblivious parties involved. Not really necessary to be honest, but tbh we need something to break up Elle on a killing spree I guess
Sep 27, 2022 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
While the few plot advancements were nice, a show this short does not need that much recap.
Sep 3, 2023 12:43 PM

Nov 2010
Did they run out of content that they could afford to waste this episode on recaps?
Those bodies have been there for days, and they didn't rot?
ED song is nice!
Dec 7, 2023 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
I wish more anime had recaps like this one. With extra scenes and reminding the story in an intriguing way. Not to forget how it easily served as just a regular episode, making it only partially a recap one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 13 Discussion

Vysarine - Feb 5, 2022

26 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:58 AM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 12 Discussion

Vysarine - Jan 29, 2022

9 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 3, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 11 Discussion

Vysarine - Jan 22, 2022

9 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 10 Discussion

Vysarine - Jan 15, 2022

11 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 3, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 9 Discussion

Vysarine - Jan 8, 2022

13 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.