Forums

Characters that earned the love of people just by existing

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2019 10:58 AM

Jan 2019
Mattinator95 said:
How about chopper from one piece

She came to get tohru to go back to thier world ..but ended up getting stuck there as well as she couldn't open a Portal back 🤣

But the truth was she got kicked out of her home due to a prank so she ended up living with Kobayashi

I knew it was something like that but I saw it a long time ago, btw I don't think people love him that much

Aug 27, 2019 10:10 AM
Jun 2014
The legendary Tae Yamada from Zombieland Saga.
Aug 28, 2019 1:59 AM

Jan 2014
Just off the top of my mind:

Dark magician girl from Yu-gi-oh. I don't know how but she seems to be the most popular waifu from the anime for some reason

Mascot character in general. Then again, i guess they are made to sells figurines.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Aug 28, 2019 5:39 AM

Aug 2016
Nezuko is actually just too good of an answer. Well I suppose Emilia from Re 0, she barely even had screen time.
Aug 28, 2019 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
Lan Sizhui from Mo Dao Zu Shi. He doesn't play a huge role in the show but when he's there, he's always doing something to gush about (in my opinion anyway).

And then Ekubo from Mob Psycho 100. He's gold.
Aug 28, 2019 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Skull Knight for sure.

filling the quota.
Aug 28, 2019 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
NeoAnkara said:
I'm amazed that people cannot differentiate between character role and personal hatred. Well not really amazed since this is MAL after all.

I'm inclined to agree. Some of these are just laughable.
I honestly can't think of anyone.
Aug 28, 2019 6:54 PM

Jul 2016
Hinata Kawamoto from Sangatsu no Lion and Anzu from Hinamatsuri.
Aug 28, 2019 7:03 PM

Jul 2019
@RainGirlz

I think Hinata had her importance, especially in the second season of 3gatsu no Lion with the bully plot, even if we don't count that she does help Rei feel better about himself and is the one who usually invites him to come to her house to eat. She does have a certain importance in the story in my opinion.
Aug 30, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2010
I think some cute useless girls are surely in someone's list...

Aug 30, 2019 11:06 AM

Oct 2018
EfiChan said:

And why does that bother you exactly?
Aug 30, 2019 11:22 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
TheoPKTNS said:
Levi is the anwer to ''Why battle shounen anime are so famous and loved despite they are 80% repetitive and unoriginal trash'' but made character, and that's just because they are epic and badass.

I'm a big fan of SnK but the fanbase around Levi sucks, you have a lot of great fucking characters, like eren (a lot of character development in the last saga) and reiner (also a lot of character development throughout the series and a lot of internal conflicts (stop calling him plot-armored titan and learn what character development is you fking dumbasses))

Levi is a boring character and I couldn’t care less for him, I don’t understand why he gets so much love. Characters who happen to be emotionless and badass and/or similar to Levi are boring most of the time, I don’t understand their appeal.

ShadowMonkey said:
Every arrogant, sadistic/dickhead character will be beloved by fangirls as long as he's hot, even if he gets very little development. It goes the other way around as well, now that I think about it lol, fanboys will swoon over underdeveloped (character-wise goddammit) or garbage-human hot girls as well

Those kind of guys in anime are fine as long as they’re not named Bakugou or Sasuke.
Aug 30, 2019 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
You mean like the generic harem MC who exists and everyone falls for him?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 30, 2019 11:31 AM
Aug 2019
Miyuki Takara -Lucky star

Nagisa - Free
So basically I'm a weeb
Aug 30, 2019 11:36 AM

Jan 2019
MeisterDM said:

Levi is a boring character and I couldn’t care less for him, I don’t understand why he gets so much love. Characters who happen to be emotionless and badass and/or similar to Levi are boring most of the time, I don’t understand their appeal.

Because most of the people that watch anime are just looking to have a good time and epic and badass characters do it the best, thats why the battle sohunen genre is so popular despite it's always the same repetitive formula

Aug 31, 2019 1:39 AM

Nov 2008
HaXXspetten said:
Onodera Kosaki from Nisekoi is absolutely useless in every sense of the word yet apparently people considered her one of the best waifus ever at the time the series was still ongoing. Even though she's had several years on any of the other girls to get ahead, she's so shy that she's incapable of ever taking the first move regardless of the situation. As a result the only thing she ever does is sit around and blush, hoping that that's somehow going to solve all her problems, and somehow people adore her for it. I really don't understand it

That's not how I remember it. Kosaki actually tried to declare her love to Raku several times. It's just the universe stopped her every time because the author damn well knew this would end the series right there and not in the way he wanted.

Chitoge is far worse. She gets put on the spot, runs to the other side of the world. What a great heroine!

PS: I prefer Marika.

-Ereya- said:
3) Astolfo is a joke that went too far. He has more favorites than best waifu Mordred.

This, and really 90% of traps. Face it, if they had vaginas they wouldn't be half as popular.

On-topic: God-fucking-damned Hestia. She's popular literally for wearing a string as a bra. Such deep characterization and motives!

Also I agree with the user who said Tsuyu/Froppy from Hero Academia. Especially because I find her eyes offsetting and therefore can't understand why people like her in the first place.
Aug 31, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
-Aincrad- said:
EfiChan said:

Cause they don't deserve it. They need to do something to be worth it. Being dumb or cute doesn't count.

Aug 31, 2019 11:54 AM

Oct 2018
EfiChan said:
-Aincrad- said:

Cause they don't deserve it. They need to do something to be worth it. Being dumb or cute doesn't count.

This is literally the first time I've read something like this on MAL

I've read many stupid things since I've been using it, and I don't wanna be rude, but this...
Aug 31, 2019 1:21 PM

Apr 2010
-Aincrad- said:
EfiChan said:

I've read many stupid things since I've been using it, and I don't wanna be rude, but this...

Of course, not every girl is stupid (or cute). But come on, there are girls who are loved just because they're cute and nothing more. Let's be real. That's why I don't watch anime with full cast of female, cause that's where they tend to appear.

Aug 31, 2019 1:30 PM

Oct 2018
EfiChan said:
-Aincrad- said:

Of course, not every girl is stupid (or cute). But come on, there are girls who are loved just because they're cute and nothing more. Let's be real. That's why I don't watch anime with full cast of female, cause that's where they tend to appear.

But what's the problem with girls just being cute and loved?

Many people, including me just love these cute girls, they don't need to have the most important role in the anime, and I don't think there's a problem with that

Then what about those male characters who barely do anything, they are just being lazy assholes, and yet people love them so much

Then following your logic, they don't deserve the love they get either do they?
Aug 31, 2019 1:36 PM

Dec 2018
Kurisu from Steins;Gate and I love her.
Sep 1, 2019 6:53 AM

Apr 2010
-Aincrad- said:
EfiChan said:

But what's the problem with girls just being cute and loved?

Many people, including me just love these cute girls, they don't need to have the most important role in the anime, and I don't think there's a problem with that

Then what about those male characters who barely do anything, they are just being lazy assholes, and yet people love them so much

Then following your logic, they don't deserve the love they get either do they?

I love the character for their personality, not their cuteness and espsically why should I lve assholes?

Sep 1, 2019 6:56 AM

Mar 2018
I'd have to settle for Juuzou. Honestly doubt there's anyone out there who hates him

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 1, 2019 12:40 PM

Mar 2017
I would definitely say Nezuko. (◕‿◕✿)
Sep 1, 2019 11:37 PM
Jan 2019
yess nezuko! and the others are the heroines from bunny girl senpai, milim from tenshura, and raphtalia (i know she done her job often but because of her existence, she got lot of loves from the fandom)

also why levi is mentioned here? up until now i still dont get the reason why he had such a big fanbase? i mean if ur looking for cool badass character without any development (boring), there are so many characters better than levi...
Sep 2, 2019 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
Levi and Mikasa are first that popped up in my mind. As a reader of the manga, there is so little relevance that both contribute to the plot. They just fill the role of being physically strong and badass and that's as far as they go. Whether one of them happens to die, it'll only hurt the fanbase surrounding them but not the plot thus nothing in fact will be lost.
Heck, even Kenny Ackerman is more charismatic character then both of them combined together.
----

Second has to be Miyoshi from Joker Game. I love all the D Agency spies unconditionally, but something about all the love Miyoshi recieved from the so little fanbase the anime had, it doesn't sit well. The author simply gave him a high importance then, suddenly, all of that fell into water in just one episode. I won't ever understand the reactions afterwards 'cause the anime didn't do him justice like the other spies got in each of their own episodes.
Being a fan of the series, I can say that, in that concept evey other D Agency spy is a better character than him.
----

Ylva from Vinland Saga is the most recent one I can think of.
I don't get the appeal of her really.
If I have to describe her briefly, she's a side character, Thorfinn's elder sister and the 'man' in the house (well, after everything that happen with her father). She's probably a perfect waifu material for many, but that's all there is to her.
removed-userSep 2, 2019 3:38 AM
Sep 3, 2019 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Taiga Aisaka, Mashiro Shiina and literally every trap.
^Great avatar BTW^.
Sep 3, 2019 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
Can't believe I forgot to mention the platelets.
Sep 3, 2019 5:53 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
ZettaiRyouiki said:
HaXXspetten said:
Onodera Kosaki from Nisekoi is absolutely useless in every sense of the word yet apparently people considered her one of the best waifus ever at the time the series was still ongoing. Even though she's had several years on any of the other girls to get ahead, she's so shy that she's incapable of ever taking the first move regardless of the situation. As a result the only thing she ever does is sit around and blush, hoping that that's somehow going to solve all her problems, and somehow people adore her for it. I really don't understand it

That's not how I remember it. Kosaki actually tried to declare her love to Raku several times. It's just the universe stopped her every time because the author damn well knew this would end the series right there and not in the way he wanted.

Chitoge is far worse. She gets put on the spot, runs to the other side of the world. What a great heroine!

PS: I prefer Marika.

-Ereya- said:
3) Astolfo is a joke that went too far. He has more favorites than best waifu Mordred.

This, and really 90% of traps. Face it, if they had vaginas they wouldn't be half as popular.

On-topic: God-fucking-damned Hestia. She's popular literally for wearing a string as a bra. Such deep characterization and motives!

Also I agree with the user who said Tsuyu/Froppy from Hero Academia. Especially because I find her eyes offsetting and therefore can't understand why people like her in the first place.

Yeah, traps suck. Every time a trap character shows up in an anime, I will view them as a joke compared to other male characters in the show. 99% of trap characters are one dimensional and their fanbase and memes are obnoxious. Like you said, nobody will care about them if they were actual girls. The only trap character that was actually decent was the protagonist of Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

21 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 9 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 39 minutes ago

7 by logopolis »»
6 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

31 by logopolis »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

25 by LenRea »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.