Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2019 2:08 PM
Mar 2017
I was wondering who has read that comics, The artist is Japanese ?
Jun 12, 2019 5:42 PM

Jul 2015
Are you talking about Monstress by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda? If so, yes I have read the first two trade paperbacks of the series.
"Few, but ripe." - C.F. Gauss
Jun 12, 2019 7:35 PM
Mar 2017
Quazar said:
Are you talking about Monstress by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda? If so, yes I have read the first two trade paperbacks of the series.

Yes, I do not know what to think about art, sometimes it is hyperrealistic and it gives a disturbing valley(uncanny valley)feeling but in general it is beautiful.
Jun 14, 2019 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah I like the art its very good. Still not too convinced by the story yet. It often feels like it is trying to hard to be edgy in a lot of the scenes but it has some potential. What did you think of it so far?
Jun 14, 2019 3:11 PM
Mar 2017
Quazar said:
Yeah I like the art its very good. Still not too convinced by the story yet. It often feels like it is trying to hard to be edgy in a lot of the scenes but it has some potential. What did you think of it so far?

The story has potential, what has been published so far seems to be the introduction, so I'm not sure, but I like it, the protagonist is interesting, the worldbuilding (I like strong female characters) and a certain touch Lovecraftian
Rust_CohleJun 14, 2019 3:30 PM
Jun 14, 2019 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
Rust_Cohle said:

The story has potential, what has been published so far seems to be the introduction, so I'm not sure, but I like it, the protagonist is interesting, the worldbuilding (I like strong female characters) and a certain touch Lovecraftnian

Agreed on the female characters aspect. I also think its refreshing that both creators are female as well. Maybe it is me but I find that the comics I read women are very underrepresented as authors. So its nice to find a story that I am interested in that is also written by women. If the third trade paperback is good then I will be happy so we'll see how it goes.

More topics from this board

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

14 by Eziprez »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

380 by Kkulpanda »»
7 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Yesterday, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.