Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 28, 2019 10:16 AM

May 2015
SSTHZero said:

And it killed the series. I didn't know what I expected, but that "truth" is horrible and everything that happened after it was bad in my useless opinion. Everything connects, everything makes sense, but that doesn't make it good.

How exactly making sense is a bad thing?

CondemneDio said:
Fans can easily forget the perspective of someone without prior bias / less bias of other people.

Do count my perspective as well, please, as I wasn't a fan of the series at all until I read the manga. I even almost hated some parts of it and wondered why it is this popular. It's unfair to generalize things in order to put less value in opinions of those who liked the reveal. In the end, it all comes down to different preferences of what people expected and how prepared they were to accept the shift in dynamics, genre, characters, etc. And there is nothing wrong with it. Just as I thought it wasn't my thing before, seems like it's just not your thing now.
May 28, 2019 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
zeroj said:
I honestly can't wait for the discussion threads for the next three episodes. Sure gonna be a pollfest. And I will finally be able to discuss, since I read the manga too late to even be able to make assumptions from that point onwards.

I know what happens, but when it happens in the anime it's even better... maybe we will no longer see that 9.04 score this season.

Its currently at 9.09
May 28, 2019 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
Ten said:
SSTHZero said:

And it killed the series. I didn't know what I expected, but that "truth" is horrible and everything that happened after it was bad in my useless opinion. Everything connects, everything makes sense, but that doesn't make it good.

How exactly making sense is a bad thing?

CondemneDio said:
Fans can easily forget the perspective of someone without prior bias / less bias of other people.

Do count my perspective as well, please, as I wasn't a fan of the series at all until I read the manga. I even almost hated some parts of it and wondered why it is this popular. It's unfair to generalize things in order to put less value in opinions of those who liked the reveal. In the end, it all comes down to different preferences of what people expected and how prepared they were to accept the shift in dynamics, genre, characters, etc. And there is nothing wrong with it. Just as I thought it wasn't my thing before, seems like it's just not your thing now.

Because it was boring? Making sense doesn't means good.
May 28, 2019 1:22 PM
Feb 2019
Just to make it clear, my question wasn't doubting Isayama's writing skills, I just wondered why some said they're disappointed but that doesn't mean that I haven't seen many who said that the story gets much better and turns into a real modern masterpiece.
Therefore, questioning the disappointment of some readers was just a sort of curiosity,

As someone who appreciates the huge immense of foreshadowing and hints this show does, and how well connected and detailed the events are, I won't even like the reveal to be some superpowers shit because that would really make no sense and it would kill the story immediately since there wouldn't be any reason to continue it.

So thanks for the good answers, I appreciate it.

And for those who say it's gonna be bad, also thank you, it's good to read your opinions.
But I still think it's gonna be really good.
Jun 1, 2019 2:36 AM
Nov 2014
crybabynes said:

You mean the explanations will only come in Season 4? :(

I don't know whether this is spoiler or not, but this could've been analyzed from the anime itself so I don't put a spoiler tag.

The basement is Grisha's basement. So... you would expect there to be Grisha's things, Grisha's pov, Grisha's world, Grisha's character, etc.

In Season 4, other characters will be expanded further. In season 1 till current season, we have been shown little parts of Reiner, Berthold, Annie, Ymir, and that guy Ymir ate (forgot his name). In season 4, (hopefully) we will get a more complete view of them.
brightmooseJun 1, 2019 2:40 AM
Jun 1, 2019 8:00 AM

Jul 2015
Personally I think it became better and better.

There will be huge shift which will blow everyone who didn't read the manga.So Get ready for it.

Jun 1, 2019 8:24 AM

Feb 2018
Blarey said:
Weebover9000 said:

Its stupid how? Its a well crafted plot device thats been foreshadowed for a long time that changes the way the story is told in a really interesting manner imo when it got revealed in the manga. With this logic of yours, I can say any reveal you've been waiting for a long time for is stupid, but I wont. Not trying to be rude I just want an actual explanation rather than "its stupid"

It's bad writing and a plot device used to drag the story

That's the only thing people come up with when they actually have no concrete point to criticize something.
Jun 1, 2019 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
It will be controversial, that's for sure. The polarizing effect will be more noticeable in the next season.
Jun 1, 2019 9:02 AM

Nov 2017
If you're an aot fan and has been reading aot fan theories then you'd find it interesting.
Jun 1, 2019 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
Anime only watcher here. I hope the reveal is worth it too. When this season ends I think I will read the manga because I can’t wait all life :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Well depending on how invested in the series, youre opinion will change. I was extremely invested and it was quite a shocker.
Jun 1, 2019 9:41 PM

Apr 2019
People with lower comprehensional abilities will always criticize pivotal aspects of a story that do not align with their taste. If you think its boring it just means you are unable to enjoy truly amazing things due to a messed up biological hormonal system, your dopamine might not get released. I advise therapy in this case because it is damaging to your Life and Health.
If you can not appreciate this masterpiece of Art then it just means your taste is inferior, now fly away and induldge in whatever you find pleasure in.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 1, 2019 10:41 PM

Oct 2018
If you like SnK so far but not because of the HYPE action/titankillings, then you'll definitely will like the massive reveal and the plot onwards..
Jun 2, 2019 8:50 AM
Feb 2019
Nim0174 said:
People with lower comprehensional abilities will always criticize pivotal aspects of a story that do not align with their taste. If you think its boring it just means you are unable to enjoy truly amazing things due to a messed up biological hormonal system, your dopamine might not get released. I advise therapy in this case because it is damaging to your Life and Health.
If you can not appreciate this masterpiece of Art then it just means your taste is inferior, now fly away and induldge in whatever you find pleasure in.

You wrote this for me? Seriously? Haven't you read my entire replies? Did you just ignore them??
I suggest you to get a look at the pervious replies and you will find mines,and you would regret writing this, because i already explained my point of view, and how much I am invested in this story, and how much I love the details and the foreshadowing and would prefer a more logical reveal than some shounen secret. Read please. That's only if you mean me by those words.
Jun 2, 2019 8:56 AM
Feb 2019
Seems like it doesn't matter how much I write, some people are just afraid
(or maybe lazy?) to read and they rush to judge.
That sounds terrible if you ask me, because even if you were nice they don't care.
Jun 2, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2019
@crybabynes i did not write this for you it was just a general statement
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 9:33 AM
Feb 2019
Nim0174 said:
@crybabynes i did not write this for you it was just a general statement

then okay. It's fine.
Jun 2, 2019 10:26 AM

Jun 2008
Nim0174 said:

Masterpiece? Lmao, you can't be serious.

Even ignoring my own tastes, it's no way a masterpiece. Things like
were bad, really bad.
Jun 2, 2019 10:31 AM

Apr 2019
@SSTHZero I don't disagree on that,

That said i do not appreciate you pointing out something as bad and not arguing why it is bad. And i'd like you to elaborate on why you think that was bad explicitly because while i don't like it either i find no fault in it.

I also disagree with you, its still an absolute masterpiece.
Nim0174Jun 2, 2019 10:44 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 10:33 AM
May 2019
SSTHZero said:
Nim0174 said:

Masterpiece? Lmao, you can't be serious.

Even ignoring my own tastes, it's no way a masterpiece. Things like
were bad, really bad.

Dont remind me about that, the fanbase was in an uproar, some even got carried away and sent Isayama some nasty threats.
Jun 2, 2019 10:38 AM
May 2019
Nim0174 said:

This is why I say you cant handle any slight negative criticism towards the anime, jesus christ. Calling someones taste inferior over an anime proves the level of fanboyism along with trying to be clever with insults when the guy was just damned curious and not even being negative.
Jun 2, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2019
Weebover9000 said:
Nim0174 said:

This is why I say you cant handle any slight negative criticism towards the anime, jesus christ. Calling someones taste inferior over an anime proves the level of fanboyism along with trying to be clever with insults when the guy was just damned curious and not even being negative.

I was being satirical of the other posts before that because they were being unfairly critical without making valid arguments.

if you look at my other Post above you, you will see that i can clearly handle criticism and that i even encourage it if its done well.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 10:46 AM

Jun 2016
People really cant respect different opinions even if they have basis, eh.
From a writting perspective the basement reveal had great build up and a good amount foreshadowing, thats a fact, but if some people dont like it then its because it wasnt their cup of tea.
The tone of the manga did in fact change after the RTS arc so i dont blame anyone if they somehow didnt like it personally (heck, that also happened to me with another manga, TPN, but it was a different case than SNK).
Saying the writting is bad (specially the basement reveal) is something i wouldnt be quiet about if i ever heard someone say it though.
Both sides (liking/disliking the reveal) seem to get really into the 'debates' and can come often as being super rude, so that makes me step aside most of the times when i see them lmao.
A lot of people like to talk as if they are 100% correct without even listening to others as they should so when the two sides do that.. yuck.
Jun 2, 2019 10:46 AM
May 2019
Nim0174 said:
Weebover9000 said:

I was being satirical of the other posts before that because they were being unfairly critical without making valid arguments.

if you look at my other Post above you, you will see that i can clearly handle criticism and that i even encourage it if its done well.

You're still coming off as quite a big ass hat with that post, to be honest with you.
Jun 2, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2019
Weebover9000 said:
Nim0174 said:

You're still coming off as quite a big ass hat with that post, to be honest with you.

Honestly i understand that, i know that, and i don't deny it.
But i'm being like that because people make unfair criticism without valid arguments and then go on to deny that they ever made a mistake and its starting to annoy me to see that every time so im being low key satirical counter provoking which makes me seem like an ass, i dont disagree. But i really don't care whether you think i'm an ass or not.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 11:05 AM

Jun 2008
Nim0174 said:

That said i do not appreciate you pointing out something as bad and not arguing why it is bad. And i'd like you to elaborate on why you think that was bad explicitly because while i don't like it either i find no fault in it.

My bad.

Like I said, I don't know what I expected from the truth, since the beginning I thought no matter what would be the answer, it wouldn't be good. But the "truth" changed the story too much, it's like I was reading something else at that point, and losing the mystery part was too much.

Everything that happened since wasn't really exciting too. Even when
didn't made me want to read the next part. It lost its "magic".

If the manga had ended with everyone reaching the
, leaving everything after that to our imagination, it would be better.
Jun 2, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2019
SSTHZero said:
Nim0174 said:

My bad.

Like I said, I don't know what I expected from the truth, since the beginning I thought no matter what would be the answer, it wouldn't be good. But the "truth" changed the story too much, it's like I was reading something else at that point, and losing the mystery part was too much.

Everything that happened since wasn't really exciting too. Even when
didn't made me want to read the next part. It lost its "magic".

If the manga ended with everyone reaching the
, leaving everything after that to our imagination, would be better.

Fair enough, i guess the Mystery aspect was fairly pivotal since it resonated better emotionally with many people.

I can see that being a Minus Point in terms of Enjoyment for many people.
Also i wasn't really invested too much into the later Arcs until i read them twice as well so i get that feeling of "lost magic".

Nonetheless while i get your point, i personally just prefer a complete Story so leaving it at Chapter 90 would have been to Open Ended for me and would have left me with an incomplete feeling. And i also really enjoy the new
Nim0174Jun 2, 2019 11:18 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
youll get the reveal next week. Omfg the discussion is going to be so toxic. .-. People cant find jack to criticise in episode 6 so they're criticising Armin surviving. That thread is a literal pool of venom lol. I cant imagine next week's forum. XD
Jun 2, 2019 8:30 PM
Jun 2016
SOME people didn't like the story becoming more complex and FAR less black and white.

I emphasis some though because many more loved the change up. Way to many anime/manga, and story in general, play it really safe. It took balls by Isayama to change the story as drastically as he did and, IMO, made it FAR better than pre-basement.

We still have the main core of characters that carry the story.
Jun 3, 2019 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
all these shounen fanboys arent okay with the seinen tone of the story that comes after the reveal lol. What did you want from the basement? A cure?(Too cliche) A reveal that the entire world of AoT is a simulator?(too vague, how do you get out of the simulator?)An essay about titans being modern civilizations experiments?(no conclusion possible) Titan shifters are a new breed of humans which desire to take over the world?

The point is, whatever the basement wouldve revealed. People would complain and shit on it.

If you actually like theorize on the story, I think youll love the reveal. I personally loved it cause I used to spend alot of time theorizing on AoT. I cant guarantee the reaction of others. But there will be a lot of negativity and positivity at the same time.

Next week's discussion is going to be a clusterfuck.
Jun 3, 2019 1:13 AM

Sep 2013
CondemneDio said:
Nim0174 said:
just a word of Advice
do not listen to people with a Mean Score of 3.81
coughCondemnecoughDiocough

lol
Come talk to me when you've finished at least 100 anime, casual

This is such a cringy ass comment that encapsulates the "elitist" group of MaL. I'm hoping this was sarcasm, if not, you really are a loser. 😂
Jun 3, 2019 1:17 AM

Jan 2013
SatanicAlpha said:
CondemneDio said:

lol
Come talk to me when you've finished at least 100 anime, casual

This is such a cringy ass comment that encapsulates the "elitist" group of MaL. I'm hoping this was sarcasm, if not, you really are a loser. 😂

I replied to the other guy with the same level of cringe he talked about me, so we all good.
Jun 4, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2018
So I've read some of the replies, and what many say that basically if you actually like the story and interested in what the truth about the world is, then you'll definitely like the reveal

But if you only watch AoT because "wow so much action and titan killing", then you'll hate it
Jun 4, 2019 11:57 PM
Mar 2018
I honestly am curious to know what all these detractors of the basement reveal wanted in the first place from it. Did you want fricking aliens to drop from the sky or some shit ?
Jun 5, 2019 7:03 AM
Mar 2018
No one in their right minds would say that any season other than the first cour of season 1 is all about the typical shounen edgy teen drama. It has action, but it is not wanton, however the characters were not delved that deep into until the arrival of season 3. Therein lies the triumph of the basement reveal which made it absolutely clear there is no right nor any wrong. No winners in what can only be seen as collateral destruction in a cruel, prejudiced war.
Jun 5, 2019 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
-Aincrad- said:
So I've read some of the replies, and what many say that basically if you actually like the story and interested in what the truth about the world is, then you'll definitely like the reveal

But if you only watch AoT because "wow so much action and titan killing", then you'll hate it
thats basically it. I dont know, theres still alot of mind blowing action currently going on in the manga. Its fucking sick.
Jun 5, 2019 5:57 PM

Apr 2019
Shayon said:
it's weird how fans of the series make the reveal look good by downplaying the series up to this point.
oh, it was just "action and titan killing" up until now, but after the basement reveal AOT is some deep shit all of a sudden.
Gon_x_freecs said:
I honestly am curious to know what all these detractors of the basement reveal wanted in the first place from it. Did you want fricking aliens to drop from the sky or some shit ?

no I didn't want aliens to drop from the sky, but i didn't want

why not its effective use of their military strength
i found it hilarious
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 8, 2019 11:58 AM
Aug 2017
Well most of the fandom thinks that the basement revel was the best thing to happen to aot
Jun 10, 2019 11:28 AM
Feb 2019
Well, now we got it, it was about two societies with huge differents around technology; it would be mindblowing if I wouldn't be spoiled (although it still was impressive), and the worst is the way I got spoiled: not from a manga reader, not from an image in some forum, not from a meme about something crucial, instead of those, it was by reading the series' sinopsis on IMDb: "2000 years from now..." and I like: "wait a minute".

Anyway, for those who didn't got spoiled, what do you think about it?
Jun 10, 2019 11:34 AM

Oct 2013
mafd12 said:
Well, now we got it, it was about two societies with huge differents around technology; it would be mindblowing if I wouldn't be spoiled (although it still was impressive), and the worst is the way I got spoiled: not from a manga reader, not from an image in some forum, not from a meme about something crucial, instead of those, it was by reading the series' sinopsis on IMDb: "2000 years from now..." and I like: "wait a minute".

I think you should wait for atleast the next chapter before asking that question, since you haven't got the context behind it.
Jun 10, 2019 11:51 AM

Sep 2018
Well now we got it in the series and imo it was the best thing Isayama could've done with his series, before the reveal it was a good series but it wasn't complex and the Characters where kinda generic and not well developed....after this season and after the 90th Chapter of the manga (5 chapters after the revea) it just eradicates all the flaws and turns amazing.
-Mullerio-Jun 10, 2019 1:05 PM
Jun 10, 2019 12:07 PM
Feb 2019
keragamming said:
mafd12 said:

I think you should wait for atleast the next chapter before asking that question, since you haven't got the context behind it.

Well, this can be correct as we only have been told about a reveal which still hasn't be completely shown to us, and it seems there's still a lot of things ahead in the story, but it's interesting to know others' first impressions.
mafd12Jun 10, 2019 12:44 PM
Jun 10, 2019 10:59 PM

Nov 2015
mafd12 said:
keragamming said:

Well, this can be correct as we only have been told about a reveal which still hasn't be completely shown to us, and it seems there's still a lot of things ahead in the story, but it's interesting to know others' first impressions.
I think the other person was referring to the manga since they said "context" so it's probably not just their first impression.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Yesterday, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.