Forum Settings
Forums

Is it better to have a less popular character as an avatar?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 31, 2017 7:09 AM

Jun 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
Takamura-sama said:

A.I-chan from the anime or youtube..?

lol i've been on A.I.-Chan's channel only since February... im talking about the girl in my avatar from Tawawa

A.I.-chan is the fucking future though <3

A.I Channel is really cute.. Do you perhaps know her va's name?

She does a really good job.. I feel weird watching it though A.I-chan is cute asf
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 31, 2017 7:11 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Takamura-sama said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

lol i've been on A.I.-Chan's channel only since February... im talking about the girl in my avatar from Tawawa

A.I.-chan is the fucking future though <3

She does a really good job.. I feel weird watching it though A.I-chan is cute asf

yea she is, and whoever made that channel is a motherfucking GENIUS

no, i can't even name ONE VA from an anime... lol

you feel weird? oh gawd... seriously lol?
Mar 31, 2017 7:12 AM

Jun 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
Takamura-sama said:

Yeah, I feel like those perverts who fap to loli.. and are 40 years old
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 31, 2017 7:15 AM

Oct 2015
Hias said:

I really have no idea where this apparent phenomenon came from. I've yet to see many users with Spike avatars acting like douchebags.

Maybe it seems/ed more so for me since it is one of only few characters I recognise. And/Or it might be a seasonal phenomenon (summer).
In any way, I see it being of no importance really ...
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Mar 31, 2017 7:45 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Takamura-sama said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Yeah, I feel like those perverts who fap to loli.. and are 40 years old

you do realize most anime are made by men that 20-60ish, right?

the lolis 40 year olds are fapping to may have been drawn by other 40 year olds, yet i don't see you complaining about that

and whats wrong with being 40 and fapping to loli? its not a real child, nor do they look like real children, theyre idealized cartoon characters, theres nothing to be ashamed of

its no worse than the rush people get when they shoot a fictional character in a video game, who cares? its not real, its just idealized fiction
Mar 31, 2017 10:10 AM

Aug 2016
It's up to you what your picture is... But relativism is boring, lemme tell you what I think. The more unique pictures, the better. I'm not gonna tell you to change your avatar, but I think I am hipster enough to say I like to see deviation from the norm.
Mar 31, 2017 11:52 AM

Mar 2016
I don't really care.
You choose a character because they are (possibly) similar to you in some way, you like them for some reason, and overall you view them as one of your favorites.
People can have popular characters as favorites, too.
What makes one memorable is how they act, not which images they choose to represent themselves with.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Mar 31, 2017 2:19 PM
Mar 2013
Only real JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fans that read the manga know who my character is (lol).Jokes aside,I mostly use characters that I really like or feel like using atm.I don't really care about what avatar people use but using a lesser known character helps you be more unique imo.
Nani!?
Mar 31, 2017 2:22 PM
Jun 2016
i actually use fanart of the character to see a little change from what people normally see.
Mar 31, 2017 2:30 PM

Jun 2015
Unless it's used ironically, or it's JoJo, people with anime avatars are weebs.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Mar 31, 2017 10:44 PM

Jun 2016
Hell, i do what i want w/ my Avatar pics. i don't care if it's like someone else out there. as they said, there is no genuine originality. we're all influenced by and influences other people.
Mushoku Tensei is the best harem light novel out there and Rudeus is my man'. . .
Mar 31, 2017 10:45 PM

May 2015
No. Nobody gives a shit about someone elses avatar.
Mar 31, 2017 11:12 PM

May 2016
Of course, you need your anime street cred.
If you have someone like Eren, Asuna or Edward it makes you look like you just started watching anime and you can't have cred if you look like a casual.
Bonus points if you have cute girl but be warned it scares off normies.

More serious answer:
I feel like with all the possibilities of avatar, we won't be in a scenario with everyone with the same picture (all the fanart kind of solves that one).
People also keep in mind other people's avatars when choosing. I believe this would mean people try to be unique with what they choose.
In this thread (granted real small sample size), I don't see any repeating characters.
As for what I think of certain images:
Characters from shows I like: Cool folk
Lewd art: Brave souls
Apr 1, 2017 12:11 AM

Mar 2012
As for my current avatar, if I spot some active forum with the same character(s) then I'll most probably change mine.

Right now it's from Blood+ but usually I use one from Kyo Kara Maoh, which is not so popular and besides the character I like is mostly hated by the rest of the fandom so chances of spotting such an avatar are very slim. Besides I wouldn't even mind it, more like I would be happy about it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

10 by DigiCat »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

18 by Ratris_Decision »»
12 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

53 by maya2003s »»
13 minutes ago

» What if all characters, not just main, had infinite mana?

Catalano - 60 minutes ago

1 by romagia »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

88 by Atmogenic »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.