Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2016 3:24 PM
Nov 2015
I'm talking about the main character, Yuri Katsuki, not Yuri Plisetsky. Please, of you can at least hint at whether or not he wins, I would be so happy! I really want him to.
However, I have two theories about what could happen:
1) He wins.
2) He loses, but Victor stays on, and then Yuri wins next time.

PLEASE I WANNA KNOW
Thanks in advance :D
Nov 2, 2016 3:31 PM

Oct 2014
God he better win. Like, no jokes! If Victor being by his side is not enough to make him win, Victor staying by his side won't do much. He has Victor, so the time to win is now. So, imo, he wins.
Nov 2, 2016 3:32 PM

Feb 2016
I would say he wins and Viktor leaves and then they meet again after some years as rivals
Nov 3, 2016 3:52 AM
Sep 2012
Since this will be a 12 episode series then my bet is on Yuri winning the Grand Prix with a perfected Yuri On Ice program. That being said i think he'll lose the Russian tournament to Yurio to hype up the competition for the Grand Prix
Nov 3, 2016 5:00 AM
Sep 2015
He'd better win !! Otherwise it'd be all talk

but judging from ep 5, it seems like he's too self conscious during his performances to the extent that he almost killed himself at the rink.

Maybe the media blowing things out of proportion in ep 6, might have an affect on his performance at the Grand Prix. Victor seems like the type who'd distract you no matter how serious things are.

But now that Yuri has defined love as being his and Victor's relationship, then it's likely that he could win!
YuckydiyuckNov 3, 2016 5:14 AM
Nov 3, 2016 8:41 AM

Jun 2011
In one of the previous episodes, Yuri said that this is in all probability going to be his last opportunity in his competitive figure skating career, which in itself has already raised the stakes by quite a margin, as opposed to other sports anime where the main characters usually start off as rookies and have subsequent opportunities to work their way up. If Yuri loses, that'd very likely be the end of his competitive figure skating career. Basically a do-or-die situation. It'd be kind of a bummer if he doesn't win after all. I mean, of course in the real-world, things often go wrong and people don't achieve what they strive for even after they've given their all. But this is fiction we're talking about which demands a satisfactory resolution to the story. Now, I know there're works of fiction where things don't exactly go the way they were desired to be in the end, but judging by the tone of this show so far it doesn't seem like it's one of those shows that would pull anything less than a "happy ending". Yuri declared in the latest episode that he has set his mind on bringing home Gold, which is what will happen in all likelihood. But like KillerPanda said, it's possible he won't have sweeping victories in all the other tournaments leading up to the Grand Prix, which will serve to make the GP even more intense.

Lyrel said:
I would say he wins and Viktor leaves and then they meet again after some years as rivals
I don't think Viktor would stay in the competitive figure skating circuit "after some years". Most figure skaters retire in their 20s. Viktor is presently 27 which means his career is already supposed to be on the verge of decline. Besides, with him taking a break in order to coach Yuri, it's going to be further difficult for him to return. This is what Yakov told him back in Russia. Yuri in all likelihood wouldn't stay in the circuit by then either, since he himself acknowledged that this is most probably his last opportunity in his competitive figure skating career. What'd be more plausible, I think, is the two going on their separate paths to work as coaches and choreographers to budding figure skaters from their respective countries.
Nov 3, 2016 2:42 PM
Nov 2015
Thank you so much! I'm really happy you think so :) I am a sucker for happy endings in truth
Nov 4, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2007
CharlesWaterloo said:
I'm talking about the main character, Yuri Katsuki, not Yuri Plisetsky.

Both of them are main characters as listed in the credits section btw. My bet would be on the Japanese to win because otherwise the whole thing would seem pointless. Ofc this show can pull a Heero Kenzan which was incredibly satisfying.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 5, 2016 5:28 AM

Feb 2016
_Rika said:
In one of the previous episodes, Yuri said that this is in all probability going to be his last opportunity in his competitive figure skating career, which in itself has already raised the stakes by quite a margin, as opposed to other sports anime where the main characters usually start off as rookies and have subsequent opportunities to work their way up. If Yuri loses, that'd very likely be the end of his competitive figure skating career. Basically a do-or-die situation. It'd be kind of a bummer if he doesn't win after all. I mean, of course in the real-world, things often go wrong and people don't achieve what they strive for even after they've given their all. But this is fiction we're talking about which demands a satisfactory resolution to the story. Now, I know there're works of fiction where things don't exactly go the way they were desired to be in the end, but judging by the tone of this show so far it doesn't seem like it's one of those shows that would pull anything less than a "happy ending". Yuri declared in the latest episode that he has set his mind on bringing home Gold, which is what will happen in all likelihood. But like KillerPanda said, it's possible he won't have sweeping victories in all the other tournaments leading up to the Grand Prix, which will serve to make the GP even more intense.

Lyrel said:
I don't think Viktor would stay in the competitive figure skating circuit "after some years". Most figure skaters retire in their 20s. Viktor is presently 27 which means his career is already supposed to be on the verge of decline. Besides, with him taking a break in order to coach Yuri, it's going to be further difficult for him to return. This is what Yakov told him back in Russia. Yuri in all likelihood wouldn't stay in the circuit by then either, since he himself acknowledged that this is most probably his last opportunity in his competitive figure skating career. What'd be more plausible, I think, is the two going on their separate paths to work as coaches and choreographers to budding figure skaters from their respective countries.

Not really, unlikely things happen a lot in anime and by all means this anime is far from being realistic so yeah that possibility also exists if they want to make this anime memorable they should go along with something like this a whiny happy ending won't make this anime stand out and they should aim for more
Nov 11, 2016 12:27 PM
Jan 2011
I think he'll win because this anime seems to enjoy catering to its audience's needs and wants, and we ALL want Yuri to win the Grand Prix! Also I think after Yuri wins Viktor will officially retire and stay on as Yuri's coach.
Dec 15, 2016 4:55 AM

Nov 2013
I believe Yuuri K. is gonna get that damn gold medal 'cause if he doesn't then everything seems pointless. I also think this show isn't gonna go to a "Yuuri K. loses but everything is fine since he has Viktor's love and there's no need for a gold medal" and all.

Many seem to think, that this 'gold medal' in the grand prix series is just a gold medal and nothing more but I disagree, this medal is a symbol of Yuuri K. as a character. It's symbolizes his development.

It's been said many times that since Yuuri K. now knows what love is and is stronger for it, he will PROVE it WITH A GOLD MEDAL. Since he has fucked his sp he's gonna perfect that Yuri on Ice fs of his, since;

1) his fs is a story within a story. That's his skating career (the fs program), and we're watching he's skating career (yuri on ice show).

2) he's at a do-or-die point in his career. IDK how Yuuri K.'s gonna retire, and he's been saying it many times that this might be his last season; if so, then he might as well leave the ice with a gold medal or continue skating to world championships with a gold medal from prix to prove that he has developed as a character and that he still has more to prove as a figure skater.

This is the most logical conclusion I could think of with respect to the series' tone. Some say it might be cliche but it's the most plausible, I would rather have a cliche ending with a good journey than a good journey that strayed from the path just because it can.

Just to add more:

I don't think Yurio's gonna get the gold, silver maybe or bronze. He's still young, and there's more to develop to his character. Winning that gold hinders that growth that should be made with time.

( JJ fucking his own skate must be one of the biggest ass-pulls I've ever seen. )
Dec 15, 2016 9:07 AM
May 2013
According to their previous FS scores and the result of the SP, Yuuri will need his old score to go up by 40 points to place first. Or everyone else to screw up badly. It's crazy either way.
So I don't know really????
Dec 15, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2016
I think that Yuri(o) Plisetsky is going to win gold, or I'd rather say I would prefer it that way, Yuri winning would be a ex machina thing I do not appreciate.
Let's see how it's going to turn out....I think it would lead the anime in a nice direction to not just focus on winning and to stay a bit realistic here.
Dec 15, 2016 9:33 AM
May 2016
Akiho90 said:
I think that Yuri(o) Plisetsky is going to win gold, or I'd rather say I would prefer it that way, Yuri winning would be a ex machina thing I do not appreciate.
Let's see how it's going to turn out....I think it would lead the anime in a nice direction to not just focus on winning and to stay a bit realistic here.

Same here I want yuri to winbecause he is my favorite character in the series and we could get Second series with a good reason to.
Dec 15, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2015
Yea I doubt he'll win gold. The others would have to mess up really badly for that to happen. But I still believe that he'll get on the podium, as third probably.

And after the GP he'll retire and live happily on with Victor forever :^)

More topics from this board

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

12 by kihel »»
Apr 25, 12:10 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
Apr 24, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.