Forum Settings
Forums
New
By how many % should a wife help in paying the bills?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 30, 2016 7:29 PM

Sep 2014
if one partner can't make enough, that would be helpful.

there is still work to do outside of work so having one partner free to do that would be ok, too.

both options are ok.
Oct 30, 2016 8:31 PM

Dec 2009
halfsies on everything or she can gtfo
Oct 30, 2016 8:56 PM

Nov 2009
50/50

I don't really believe in "marrying down" (for guys or girls). The problem with marrying someone who makes significantly less than you, unless you are rich, is that you will be working well 5-15 years longer than you should have been just to compensate for your partner.

Stick to people w/ same level of education, unless you are marrying a trophy wife / husband - and to those who find themselves being a trophy, don't be shocked when they trade you in after 5-10 years for a nice, shiny, newer version.
Oct 30, 2016 10:48 PM

Mar 2016
50% definitely, if you both live in a house together then you both should split the cost to be fair. That's what I believe anyways, why would the husband have to pay more and the wife less? Both should be working and doing a equal amount of house work unless some deal is made that one will pay more of the bills and the other has to do more work around the house, but I don't think it should be 0% ever

Oct 30, 2016 10:51 PM

Mar 2016
Pirating_Ninja said:
50/50

I don't really believe in "marrying down" (for guys or girls). The problem with marrying someone who makes significantly less than you, unless you are rich, is that you will be working well 5-15 years longer than you should have been just to compensate for your partner.

Stick to people w/ same level of education, unless you are marrying a trophy wife / husband - and to those who find themselves being a trophy, don't be shocked when they trade you in after 5-10 years for a nice, shiny, newer version.

Agree pretty much 100% with you, especially with the trophy stuff. When your trophy gets rusty and ugly why wouldn't you trade it in for a better looking one. It's why I think people shouldn't have trophy relationships-wheres the love? Unless that love is only superficial and goes away when that person's looks go

Oct 30, 2016 10:53 PM

Sep 2016
Dakimakuras can't make money silly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2016 12:11 AM

Aug 2015
I am triggered that you should ask such a thing! Women don't need males for support, they have their own 2 feet just like us!
#triggered #womensrights #patriarchysucks
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 31, 2016 3:31 AM

Feb 2014
like i wanna be spoiled but i also wanna be useful and contribute so yeah it should be 50/50
Oct 31, 2016 3:40 AM

Feb 2016
If she wants to stay home and rather spend her time with the children its fine but if they don't have children I see no reason for her not to go to work.
Oct 31, 2016 6:38 AM
Oct 2016
Not going to vote or say anything I'll tell you why in a the next sentence. This question isn't well worded and doesn't have that much detail. Some needed details does the wife work, did you both agree to pay, how much do you make, how much does she make, or sometimes the wife or husband has medical problems they need to pay for?
Nov 3, 2016 1:54 PM

Jun 2016
Never ever marry, that solves it pretty much. Only the womens wants it to "secure" their position.
Nov 3, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2016
All things being equal (income-wise), she would pay the same amount as me. Now, if she DOESN'T, I feel that the percentage should be adjusted. I'll explain below...

Lets say I make $100,000 annually and she makes $50,000. Our combined income would make for $150,000 a year, her portion of that is 1/3rd, so her percentage to pay in would be 33%. 33% of all communal bills such as mortgage, utilities, food, family health insurance, and stuff for the kids would be on her.

Now lets say she wants to drive a Toyota Sequoia and I am fine with a Rav 4, she is going to be doing 100% of the car payments, insurance, and gas on that vehicle she chose. Likewise, if she wants new shoes or wants to take a spa day that costs $250, that's on her to buy. If I wanna buy guitars or a Dekomori figurine, alllll on me. Seems like the most fair way to do it. Of course if she was totally unemployed, it would probably be on me to provide for everything. In that event though, we'd have to REALLY work out a budget to operate in.
Nov 3, 2016 3:25 PM
Feb 2016
Ofc my dude. doesn't matter if your wife is a dude(yeah that doesn't make sense but you get wat I'm saying) they gotta contribute what they can!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

29 by cody »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 10 hours ago

16 by traed »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
42 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

75 by cody »»
43 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.