A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 24, 2016 3:44 PM
Sep 2013
Just wondering why?
Sep 24, 2016 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Can you show a picture of the specific time/page/whatever? I usually only wear one of my hearing aids btw, even though my hearing is 60% in both. Just the way I like to hear things.
Sep 25, 2016 11:49 AM

May 2013
Sekai_Kagutsuchi said:
Just wondering why?

When somebody annoying is talking you can just turn your head to the left and shut then up.
Sep 25, 2016 6:00 PM
Sep 2013
Senpaoi said:
Can you show a picture of the specific time/page/whatever? I usually only wear one of my hearing aids btw, even though my hearing is 60% in both. Just the way I like to hear things.

It's that time when Ueno shows out for the first time after 5 years they got separated , then at the road Ueno rushed to Nishimiya and got her hearing aid and said "why only one?" and threw it at Shouya. Then Shouya returned the hearing aid properly to Shouko and apologizing to her.

In movie this also happened but
Sep 25, 2016 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
Sekai_Kagutsuchi said:
Senpaoi said:

It's that time when Ueno shows out for the first time after 5 years they got separated , then at the road Ueno rushed to Nishimiya and got her hearing aid and said "why only one?" and threw it at Shouya. Then Shouya returned the hearing aid properly to Shouko and apologizing to her.

I was going to wait to finish the manga, but doesn't that sequence of events usually call for a reason?
Sep 26, 2016 3:46 AM
Sep 2013
Senpaoi said:
Sekai_Kagutsuchi said:

I was going to wait to finish the manga, but doesn't that sequence of events usually call for a reason?

I thought the manga finished at chapter 62?
Sep 26, 2016 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
Sekai_Kagutsuchi said:
Senpaoi said:

I thought the manga finished at chapter 62?

I've only read the first volume.
Sep 26, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
I have finished the manga and even I am trying to remember why she only wears one lol

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 26, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2009
It's not uncommon IRL; maybe only that ear has any capability for hearing.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 26, 2016 9:01 PM
Sep 2013
There's no indication in manga
why shouko wearing one hearing aid... just like I said on my previous post on spoiler tag. I think I should look again on that arc...

EDIT: ok it happened on chapter 21, Ueno is thinking why shouko wear only 1 hearing aid. I don't know but does Shouko lose her hearing completely on other ear?
Sekai_KagutsuchiSep 26, 2016 9:08 PM
May 24, 2017 5:03 PM

Mar 2016
I never found out why in the manga but the movie shows more seriously that her other ear is scarred from the time shouya tore out her aid and she started bleeding. Showing he broke her other ear or something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Up x) ! Someone know? i just watched movie and it disturb me a bit
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Aug 10, 2017 1:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I'm surprised that no one knows the answer, considering how obvious it felt. Near the middle of the movie, there was a scene with Shouko and he grandmother talking with a doctor. After that scene, we see Shouko crying with one hearing aid taken off. This basically means that Shouko lost hearing capabilities completely on one ear. That's why she doesn't use a hearing aid on that ear anymore.
Aug 10, 2017 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
^ which also prompted her to gather all the courage to confess to Shouya because she hoped to receive a normal response like any other normal girl before she lost her hearing ability completely.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 10, 2017 7:24 PM

Feb 2015
In the movie, there is a short scene where her hearing is tested at an audiometrist's office. After that, she only has one hearing aid so it is implied that she has gone completely deaf in that ear.
Sep 18, 2017 8:10 PM
Apr 2016
Sekai_Kagutsuchi said:
Just wondering why?

She used to wear two, but at least in the manga, I think she only wears one due to Shoya back in elementary school. There was a scene where he pulled out one or both the hearing aids and right side started bleeding.
Jan 3, 2022 4:34 PM
Nov 2021
You're right, I read about it too
Jan 3, 2022 4:44 PM
Oct 2021
Oh, that's a somber moment. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. He started losing his hearing after a head injury when he was in a car accident. For a long time, we visited a audiologist, I accompanied him so he wouldn't be alone. Unfortunately, his hearing continued to decline despite the hearing aids. Recently the doctor said that he had to have an operation because one ear could barely hear anything. He often associates himself with Shouko because that's his favorite anime, no matter how ironic it sounds. But I'm not giving up hope that surgery will help him.
dennileksJan 4, 2022 5:55 AM
Aug 15, 2022 10:43 AM

Oct 2020
Sekai_Kagutsuchi said:
Senpaoi said:

Her hearing was deciniling throughout the story and she became completly deaf in one ear at that time.

More topics from this board

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

9 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 20, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maerow - Nov 15, 2014

291 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.