Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 22, 2016 2:01 AM

Mar 2015
A few weeks ago, I asked if the anime is going to be any better but someone told me to just wait and it should get better. I just watched episode 8 and i still don't find it interesting at all. I didn't play the VN so i have no idea how faithful is this adaptation. Does the VN have better story or it's the same general idea?
Aug 22, 2016 2:14 AM

Mar 2016
Modo942000 said:
A few weeks ago, I asked if the anime is going to be any better but someone told me to just wait and it should get better. I just watched episode 8 and i still don't find it interesting at all. I didn't play the VN so i have no idea how faithful is this adaptation. Does the VN have better story or it's the same general idea?

You and everyone else should stop listening to others, when they say: "this story (not only Rewrite) will be better at XX ep!!! I swear!!!11"
If you dislike show - drop it, watch something else. That's normal.

P.S. yes, VN is better ofc.
Aug 22, 2016 2:54 AM

Mar 2015
Materialist said:

i'm actually trying not to drop anything no matter how bad it is. lol
Aug 22, 2016 5:58 PM
Jul 2016
Modo942000 said:
Materialist said:

This series will have only 13 chapter and a possible second season, so that means you still need to watch 5*25 minutes approximately, that is 125 minutes, more or less two hours of your life think about it.

I already gave up on the series to turn awesome and I am just enjoying it as if I were watching a regular anime like antimagic platoon instead of a masterpiece like Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.
The VN was awesome, but the anime is just regular.
Aug 22, 2016 7:04 PM

Apr 2015
Modo942000 said:

If you're not gonna drop it, then just watch it 'till the end and forget it ever existed. It's just not worth it. I'm a big fan of the VN and I dropped this junk at 4th episode.
Also, it's not faithful at all. It's not even an adaptation, just some generic anime with a really bad art and pacing borrowed from Sonic the Hedgehog. Oh, and story? They're almost completely different.
Aug 22, 2016 7:06 PM

Jan 2015
Nice ideia, let's talk about time and hours (wtf again). This anime is trying to put a VN with 50+ hours (Muuuuch more than 50hs++++ imo) butchered compressed in 6 hours (13 episodes, 1st episode 45min), now think again if it does some justice for the VN, If by general ideia you mean Gaia, Guardian, Key, etc ... Well, it's the same (but not the whole thing, we have girls routes) however it's a completely different experience.
Aug 22, 2016 7:17 PM

Jun 2016
I dropped the anime on episode 6 because I thought it was boring but then I saw pictures of the characters with guns and that one girl with the short white hair actually speaking and I decided to watch it again.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 22, 2016 7:18 PM
May 2015
Meh, it's the 8th episode and I don't see this anime getting better. Rushed story, rushed character development for Shizuru and Lucia, and mediocre animation. The only thing I'm liking about Rewrite is the Art and the Soundtrack. Seriously, KEY original anime/anime adaptations has been disappointing me for the past few years due to one thing and one thing only...Pacing and 13 episodes BS. Rewrite is suffering from the same case.

Please, I want Kyoto Animation back...Hell, I'll even take J.C Staff to adapt a KEY VN. Little Buster's pacing might have been a bit rushed but they handled the Little Buster's adaptation a helluva lot better than how 8bit is handling this adaptation.
jc9622Aug 22, 2016 7:22 PM

Aug 22, 2016 8:43 PM
Jul 2016
I dropped it at episode 3 so I have no idea how Its going and tbh I don't care...
Aug 22, 2016 10:15 PM

Apr 2012
Ranoutofideas said:
I dropped it at episode 3 so I have no idea how Its going and tbh I don't care...

Then why are you still here at its forum -_-
@inuvivo on twitter!
Aug 22, 2016 10:30 PM

Sep 2014
Modo942000 said:
Materialist said:

If you're genuinely interested in it, you should drop it immediately and go play the visual novel instead. I'm still watching this because I want to see where they'll go with this, but would I say it's worth watching? Hell no.

The visual novel isn't mind blowing, but it's pretty good. A little hit or miss sometimes imho, and also far from being one of my favorites... but also WAYYYY better than this. This is Grisaia no Kajitsu all over again, i.e. it's rushed as fuck, made by a bad studio, and butchers the source material. Not to mention the fact that you won't get to understand things and see the full picture unless you read the visual novel anyway, so why waste your time with this?

No matter how long the visual novel is, there's no reason to spend your time on such an inferior adaptation. If you think this is worth your time, the visual novel will be heaven.
Aug 23, 2016 4:48 AM

Apr 2015
iNVivO said:
Ranoutofideas said:

To see how low the score will go.
Aug 23, 2016 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
No, its Gintama, you plebs.

Aug 23, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
I changed to on-hold on Ep 7. I will wait until ep 13 reactions to check if I continue or just forget about it.
Aug 23, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
The common route for the VN was pretty mediocre so I'm not surprised people aren't impressed by the show.
Aug 23, 2016 7:17 AM

Mar 2016
In the VN, the events of ep7 changed everything. It went from Comedy/Slice of Life into..well, just serious business from there. Good serious business. Well, it was pretty good before that point, but pretty generic as well.
However, noone was able to tell how this would turn in the anime. a) it's an adaptation not the original source, it can be different, b) the routes split at that part, and the anime is taking one we haven't seen before
I still expect it to into more serious business in the coming episodes, but I can't (and could never) tell. ANd more serious does not have to mean better. As a fan of the original source, I'm just excited to see what they'll do from here.
Aug 23, 2016 7:22 AM

Apr 2015
G_Spark233 said:
The common route for the VN was pretty mediocre so I'm not surprised people aren't impressed by the show.

No. Clannad's CR was the definition of mediocrity. Rewrite CR was good enough. Just a few unnecessary scenes and some overwritten dialogue here and there.
Aug 23, 2016 7:25 AM

Dec 2013
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
G_Spark233 said:

No. Clannad's CR was the definition of mediocrity. Rewrite CR was good enough. Just a few unnecessary scenes and some overwritten dialogue here and there.

I haven't checked out Clannad's VN but rewrite was definitely mediocre. Mystery elements were weak and it was pretty generic most of the time with very little happening that actually felt important.
Aug 23, 2016 7:37 AM

Sep 2014
jc9622 said:
Meh, it's the 8th episode and I don't see this anime getting better. Rushed story, rushed character development for Shizuru and Lucia, and mediocre animation. The only thing I'm liking about Rewrite is the Art and the Soundtrack. Seriously, KEY original anime/anime adaptations has been disappointing me for the past few years due to one thing and one thing only...Pacing and 13 episodes BS. Rewrite is suffering from the same case.

Please, I want Kyoto Animation back...Hell, I'll even take J.C Staff to adapt a KEY VN. Little Buster's pacing might have been a bit rushed but they handled the Little Buster's adaptation a helluva lot better than how 8bit is handling this adaptation.

The only thing Kyoani could do better than 8bit on Rewrite remain in the Art/Animation department. That would actually become a plus because this 8bit adaptation isn't even as close to being as beautiful as the VN was. But the KyoAni adaptation would remain as rushed and mediocre overall. At this point, there is no reason to wish for KyoAni. Clannad was the only good Key adaptation and it was made by the studio who butchered Air...
Aug 23, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2016
iNVivO said:
Ranoutofideas said:

that's a good question, I'm here for the fuck of it :3
Aug 23, 2016 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

I haven't checked out Clannad's VN but rewrite was definitely mediocre. Mystery elements were weak and it was pretty generic most of the time with very little happening that actually felt important.

^ This is what I thought of Rewrite's Common Route overall. It might be good for laughs and giggles but, mystery elements in the Route are barely present there regardless. It was all cute and fluff SoL at most with only trims and bits of stereotypical SoL stuff, just except the comedy being better.
Aug 24, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
This is a 7 for me at the moment
Aug 25, 2016 3:20 AM

Jul 2014
I understand now how bad it is to watch an airing show.
Thx MAL.
Welp
Sep 7, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2009
jc9622 said:

I feel the same way. I don't know the reason why they stopped giving the adaptation to KyoAni. Angel Beats and Charlotte could have been a lot better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2016 9:14 PM
May 2015
ezaya said:
jc9622 said:

I feel the same way. I don't know the reason why they stopped giving the adaptation to KyoAni. Angel Beats and Charlotte could have been a lot better.
Actually, I don't exactly know when this happened but Kyoto Animation only adapts Light Novels from their own writing contest that's run by them. They don't adapt VN's or LN's that's not from their contest anymore.

Angel Beats needed 26 episodes to flesh out its characters and Charlotte needed 26 episodes to flesh out its story. So yes, both shows could have been a lot better.

Sep 8, 2016 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
jc9622 said:
ezaya said:

Actually, I don't exactly know when this happened but Kyoto Animation only adapts Light Novels from their own writing contest that's run by them. They don't adapt VN's or LN's that's not from their contest anymore.

Angel Beats needed 26 episodes to flesh out its characters and Charlotte needed 26 episodes to flesh out its story. So yes, both shows could have been a lot better.

I can certainly agree on that end to be fairly honest with you, and also I just... don't like to judge studios anymore (from the first comment), in all honesty. In the end that's just me. xD (I did lots of mistakes by judging studios in the past which the only studio I can certainly judge based on them alone is Arms, and there's a reason why)
Sep 8, 2016 7:04 AM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
jc9622 said:

I can certainly agree on that end to be fairly honest with you, and also I just... don't like to judge studios anymore (from the first comment), in all honesty. In the end that's just me. xD (I did lots of mistakes by judging studios in the past which the only studio I can certainly judge based on them alone is Arms, and there's a reason why)

Well, yeah. Even terrible studio like 8bit can do something nice like Grisaia no Rakuen, so...
Also (my curiosity again), why Arms?
Sep 8, 2016 7:10 AM

Jun 2015
I'm quite happy with what we got, rewrite is long insanely long, it was hard to get a clannad as 2.0 out of this. It could've been better but hey I enjoy this anime so it's fine imo.
The anime gets a 6/10 the VN 11/10
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 8, 2016 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Well, yeah. Even terrible studio like 8bit can do something nice like Grisaia no Rakuen, so...

If you wanna know why I said I can only judge studio Arms alone, its basically a few grudges I have with them. Mainly being that they butchered one of my more enjoyable manga series back in 2014, when I started to watch seasonal wise weekly or at least Spring 2014 was the very first seasonal season where I watched a lot of series from their end (probably the worst season I've seen in my life with terms of rushed adaptations) (Gokukoku no Brynhildr) which they rushed the ever living shit out of it with noticeable pacing issues, not to mention they kinda made me feel pissed with the amount of stuff they added. They're mainly known for ecchi as hell, clearly if you check their lineup... all of their stuff are ecchi.

I may be a person that LIKES ecchi, but Arms really has not made anything good at least for my end. I haven't enjoyed anything from them, except for maybe Valkyrie Drive Mermaid from Fall 2015 but the one reason why I enjoyed that is because I'm a Yuri Shipper... that's... only it. Yuri shipping for that series. Its so weird and very wrong in the sense but then I just enjoyed it for the Yuri. But other than that... nothing really interested me on that series, and I just didn't really liked Arms, I consider them being one of my most hated studios because of Gokukoku no Brynhildr, and the sheer fact that they haven't really made anything that I would enjoy to the fullest.

Even the shittiest of studios had at least some shows that I do have enjoyed personally, heck you can say 8bit is shit for instance, but for me I have enjoyed at least 3 of their shows out of the others (Tokyo Ravens, Shounen Maid and Rakuen, and I'm excluding Rewrite here due to my opinion being mixed), same with Perriot (while they butchered Tokyo Ghoul they made shows like Akatsuki no Yona and Baby Steps), Hell, even Toei had some stuff I enjoyed (Mahoutsukai Precure, Kyosogiga), hence why I don't hate them at the slightest unlike maybe some other people. Arms just has nothing that I would enjoy to the fullest, that's what I mean, Valkyrie Drive was one of the very few but it wasn't to the fullest amount of enjoyment, it was only a slim thing.

That's the answer I can give you at least for me.
Sep 8, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2015
Ma3seb said:
I'm quite happy with what we got, rewrite is long insanely long, it was hard to get a clannad as 2.0 out of this. It could've been better but hey I enjoy this anime so it's fine imo.

Clannad 2.0? Pfff. Clannad's routes sucked hard compared to the VN. (Especially Kyou and Tomoyo. And don't tell me about the OVAs, cause fuck those.) AS was done pretty nicely though.
N7n4shiSep 8, 2016 8:09 AM
Sep 8, 2016 7:21 AM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

If you wanna know why I said I can only judge studio Arms alone, its basically a few grudges I have with them. Mainly being that they butchered one of my more enjoyable manga series back in 2014, when I started to watch seasonal wise weekly or at least Spring 2014 was the very first seasonal season where I watched a lot of series from their end (probably the worst season I've seen in my life with terms of rushed adaptations) (Gokukoku no Brynhildr) which they rushed the ever living shit out of it with noticeable pacing issues, not to mention they kinda made me feel pissed with the amount of stuff they added. They're mainly known for ecchi as hell, clearly if you check their lineup... all of their stuff are ecchi.

I may be a person that LIKES ecchi, but Arms really has not made anything good at least for my end. I haven't enjoyed anything from them, except for maybe Valkyrie Drive Mermaid from Fall 2015 but the one reason why I enjoyed that is because I'm a Yuri Shipper... that's... only it. Yuri shipping for that series. Its so weird and very wrong in the sense but then I just enjoyed it for the Yuri. But other than that... nothing really interested me on that series, and I just didn't really liked Arms, I consider them being one of my most hated studios because of Gokukoku no Brynhildr, and the sheer fact that they haven't really made anything that I would enjoy to the fullest.

Even the shittiest of studios had at least some shows that I do have enjoyed personally, heck you can say 8bit is shit for instance, but for me I have enjoyed at least 3 of their shows out of the others (Tokyo Ravens, Shounen Maid and Rakuen, and I'm excluding Rewrite here due to my opinion being mixed), same with Perriot (while they butchered Tokyo Ghoul they made shows like Akatsuki no Yona and Baby Steps), Hell, even Toei had some stuff I enjoyed (Mahoutsukai Precure, Kyosogiga), hence why I don't hate them at the slightest unlike maybe some other people. Arms just has nothing that I would enjoy to the fullest, that's what I mean, Valkyrie Drive was one of the very few but it wasn't to the fullest amount of enjoyment, it was only a slim thing.

Well, I liked Genshiken, but that's just me... I guess. But yeah, recently anything from them sucks ass.
Sep 8, 2016 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Ma3seb said:

I do enjoy the anime and well with the exception of a few little things that I prefer in the anime more than the VN, the Visual Novel is better in terms of the explanations and such, of course I am kind of in the confliction of my opinion on the anime as a whole. So I need to process the opinion at the end of the runtime. But I do enjoy it, at least I am enjoying myself with the anime so.
Sep 8, 2016 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Well, I liked Genshiken, but that's just me... I guess. But yeah, recently anything from them sucks ass.

Yeah like, I am not really the biggest fan of them in the end, but that's just me. I mean when I think about it Arms is just my most hated studio due to those reasons... I just don't like their stuff for the most part and the one show I enjoyed wasn't really the full time of enjoyment. At least I would want to be entertained, even if the product is shit, as I said as long as the product is enjoyable and I wouldn't mind it then I can pass it off as a guilty pleasure even. That's all I'm saying, I can maybe let my grudge pass away and let go if they have done that, but to be honest that's just not going anything... unless some other studio does that to me. Which is highly unlikely. It takes a lot for me for the moment being, that's for sure.
Sep 8, 2016 8:53 AM
May 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
jc9622 said:

I judge studios so I know what I'm getting when I'm watching a show from them. For example, I don't like how A-1 Pictures adapts Light Novels. They do a bad job adapting Light Novels most of the time. That's why I'm not even getting my hopes up for Occultic;Nine because it's being made by them but I'm still going to watch it though. There are certain cases where A-1 Pictures surprised me like Shinsekai Yori. Do note that I don't hate A-1 Pictures.

Sep 8, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
jc9622 said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I judge studios so I know what I'm getting when I'm watching a show from them. For example, I don't like how A-1 Pictures adapts Light Novels. They do a bad job adapting Light Novels most of the time. That's why I'm not even getting my hopes up for Occultic;Nine because it's being made by them but I'm still going to watch it though. There are certain cases where A-1 Pictures surprised me like Shinsekai Yori. Do note that I don't hate A-1 Pictures.

Personally I do get what you mean on that, but I guess to say I'm more about staff wise more than studio wise... I guess to say the least. If there's a horrible staff then there's a high chance a show can be horrible as well, if there's a good staff then there can be a chance for it to be good. That depends also on the source material of course as well.
Sep 9, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Ma3seb said:

I do enjoy the anime and well with the exception of a few little things that I prefer in the anime more than the VN, the Visual Novel is better in terms of the explanations and such, of course I am kind of in the confliction of my opinion on the anime as a whole. So I need to process the opinion at the end of the runtime. But I do enjoy it, at least I am enjoying myself with the anime so.

I like kagari more in the adaptation than in the VN
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 9, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Ma3seb said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I actually have said this many times and I am actually happy that someone else thinks the same. For some reason, Kagari in the Visual Novel didn't really felt very human for me, and in here she does feel human-like, and because of the interactions were with Kotarou, at least in here, made it so much better for my end.
Sep 9, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Ma3seb said:

I actually have said this many times and I am actually happy that someone else thinks the same. For some reason, Kagari in the Visual Novel didn't really felt very human for me, and in here she does feel human-like, and because of the interactions were with Kotarou, at least in here, made it so much better for my end.

Yeah, but then again
Sep 9, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Ma3seb said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Yeah, but then again

Sep 9, 2016 9:39 AM

Jun 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Ma3seb said:

Yeah, but then again

Sep 9, 2016 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Ma3seb said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

NUUUUUUU DONT DO THAT PLEASE ;w;
Sep 9, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Ma3seb said:

don't tell me your a guardian fanboy..........
because Gaia ftw
Sep 9, 2016 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Ma3seb said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

don't tell me your a guardian fanboy..........
because Gaia ftw

I'm not a guardian fanboy tbh xD I'm kind of neutral sided :') Or in the middle.
Sep 9, 2016 10:07 AM

Mar 2015
Ma3seb said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

show spoiler show spoiler show spoiler. lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.