Forum Settings
Forums
The Garden of Words
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Great job, like the manga. Definitely way faster than I remembered it, haha. I'm not sure if it's just me or the anime didn't use the phrase "I'll help you walk". I really liked how the writer linked shoes with the boy trying to help the teacher move on from her past.

Art was pretty dull, no surprise. Didn't have Makoto Shinkai's touch.
Nov 20, 2015 4:56 PM

Dec 2014
Didnt have the Shinkai touch on the art, but on the story it did.

The finale delivers more and its more fulfilling. And the art was kinda cute, didnt expect the kreyagasm from the movie for obvious reasons.
Feb 28, 2016 5:29 PM

May 2007
flo7 said:

The finale delivers more and its more fulfilling. And the art was kinda cute, didnt expect the kreyagasm from the movie for obvious reasons.

How does it end?

Is it scanlated in English?

I tried looking for this years ago and I just got reminded of the movie (literally a minute or 2 ago).
Feb 29, 2016 12:08 AM

Dec 2014
JCDRANZER said:
flo7 said:

How does it end?

Is it scanlated in English?

I tried looking for this years ago and I just got reminded of the movie (literally a minute or 2 ago).

It ends a bit better than the movie.

I bought it in italian, im sure you will find it in english on the intrenet.
Feb 29, 2016 12:14 AM

Jul 2012
flo7 said:
Can't. I've searched.

I read it in a book store haha
Jun 15, 2016 9:12 AM
Jun 2016
It's available on Kindle.
Oct 22, 2016 3:58 AM

May 2016
I cant search the manga! Whhhyyyy
BAKAYARO!
Feb 15, 2017 9:18 PM
Sep 2014
Mayuka said:
flo7 said:
Can't. I've searched.

Is it available in English for free on internet?? I searched but couldn't find though
considering that it released in 2012, why isn't it still not available in 2k17?
Feb 15, 2017 10:23 PM

Jul 2012
issiehyoudou said:
Mayuka said:
Can't. I've searched.

Is it available in English for free on internet?? I searched but couldn't find though
No, it's not.

Because it's already licensed so manga scanlation groups don't wanna pick it up since you can get sued for that.
Feb 15, 2017 10:37 PM
Sep 2014
Mayuka said:
issiehyoudou said:

No, it's not.

Because it's already licensed so manga scanlation groups don't wanna pick it up since you can get sued for that.

oh!! thanks for the info ....don't you think there will be still be some websites who post the pics of hard copy atleast .....so far I was able to read chapter1 here : http://kodanshacomics.com/series/garden-of-words/
Jun 23, 2017 12:14 AM

Apr 2016
"Glowing Road" was a nice title to give to the final chapter! There is finally light and courage for both of Takao and Yukino's paths! :)

Takao had his point - if Yukino was going to act like a teacher now, she might as well behaved that well in the first place, by telling him to go to school and study; forget his dream of becoming a shoemaker, instead of supporting him in the park... At that moment, Takao felt that Yukino was giving him false support, and false hope. </3

"I didn't care who you were. Even though I'm a flake, I wanted to be able to support you, even if it was just a little. Even if...you never told me anything." <-- I'm touched by Takao's sincerity. <3 His outburst at Yukino, as if the time they spent together was meaningless and that she would be alone, carrying her burdens by herself forever... I like that these words really pushed Yukino to embrace Takao, and express her gratitude to him. All of this time, Yukino was alone, when she was bullied at school, but having Takao by her side at the park truly changed her life. :') It's so touching. <3

It's nice that seeing Takao move towards his dream, every morning in that park, encouraged Yukino to 'walk' again... It must have been hard for Yukino. She sincerely considered going to work, by wearing her suit every morning, but just couldn't bring herself to go in the end... And I just love the way Takao hugged Yukino. <33 Having his right hand on her waist and his left hand on her right shoulder, and then later, his right hand supporting her head <33 Takao's body language reaffirms that he's here for her! :')

"So...please don't say it was meaningless. You were always, always rescuing me." <-- :')

It's so beautiful that these two embraced, and spoke honestly from their hearts... It felt so beautiful to see the sun in the sky, not rain descending from the sky.

"I spent each day trudging through mud except on those rainy mornings I spent with you..." <-- YUKINO! This was so sweet!! ><

It's too bad the days without Yukino went by in a blur. (I would have liked Takao to make some fun memories!) But I'm glad Takao continued pursuing shoe-making. Takao's mom even came back home, so at least he won't be alone. :)

Since Yukino and Takao exchange letters, and she even gave him her address, I'm confident they'll meet someday! I'm happy to see Yukino at the end, walking with confidence and happiness, with a 'flashy' pair of shoes that Takao probably made. ^^

"That season we shared grows more and more distant. But when I recall those days, I can walk to the ends of the earth." <-- It's so nice to see Yukino's change in attitude! :))

The extra was really nice! XD It's nice to see Yukino happily explain a passage to a student. It's cute that Yukino and Takao can be seen as a having a long-distance relationship. :P "I found myself wanting to hear his voice again." <33

That last image of a 20-year-old Yukino and an 8-year-old Takao was adorable too! They held hands, as Yukino looked down at Takao, and he looked down blushing. xDD
Jan 6, 2018 10:16 AM
Jul 2012
Cloe900311 said:
"Glowing Road" was a nice title to give to the final chapter! There is finally light and courage for both of Takao and Yukino's paths! :)

Takao had his point - if Yukino was going to act like a teacher now, she might as well behaved that well in the first place, by telling him to go to school and study; forget his dream of becoming a shoemaker, instead of supporting him in the park... At that moment, Takao felt that Yukino was giving him false support, and false hope. </3

"I didn't care who you were. Even though I'm a flake, I wanted to be able to support you, even if it was just a little. Even if...you never told me anything." <-- I'm touched by Takao's sincerity. <3 His outburst at Yukino, as if the time they spent together was meaningless and that she would be alone, carrying her burdens by herself forever... I like that these words really pushed Yukino to embrace Takao, and express her gratitude to him. All of this time, Yukino was alone, when she was bullied at school, but having Takao by her side at the park truly changed her life. :') It's so touching. <3

It's nice that seeing Takao move towards his dream, every morning in that park, encouraged Yukino to 'walk' again... It must have been hard for Yukino. She sincerely considered going to work, by wearing her suit every morning, but just couldn't bring herself to go in the end... And I just love the way Takao hugged Yukino. <33 Having his right hand on her waist and his left hand on her right shoulder, and then later, his right hand supporting her head <33 Takao's body language reaffirms that he's here for her! :')

"So...please don't say it was meaningless. You were always, always rescuing me." <-- :')

It's so beautiful that these two embraced, and spoke honestly from their hearts... It felt so beautiful to see the sun in the sky, not rain descending from the sky.

"I spent each day trudging through mud except on those rainy mornings I spent with you..." <-- YUKINO! This was so sweet!! ><

It's too bad the days without Yukino went by in a blur. (I would have liked Takao to make some fun memories!) But I'm glad Takao continued pursuing shoe-making. Takao's mom even came back home, so at least he won't be alone. :)

Since Yukino and Takao exchange letters, and she even gave him her address, I'm confident they'll meet someday! I'm happy to see Yukino at the end, walking with confidence and happiness, with a 'flashy' pair of shoes that Takao probably made. ^^

"That season we shared grows more and more distant. But when I recall those days, I can walk to the ends of the earth." <-- It's so nice to see Yukino's change in attitude! :))

The extra was really nice! XD It's nice to see Yukino happily explain a passage to a student. It's cute that Yukino and Takao can be seen as a having a long-distance relationship. :P "I found myself wanting to hear his voice again." <33

That last image of a 20-year-old Yukino and an 8-year-old Takao was adorable too! They held hands, as Yukino looked down at Takao, and he looked down blushing. xDD

I tried to check the English translated manga, but couldn't find anywhere. But I am am.glad to see a beautiful overview of the manga last chapter from you..

These kind of cliffhanger endings just mess up my mind for long time :D
Jan 13, 2018 11:30 PM

Apr 2016
I tried to check the English translated manga, but couldn't find anywhere. But I am am.glad to see a beautiful overview of the manga last chapter from you..

These kind of cliffhanger endings just mess up my mind for long time :D[/quote] I'm happy I helped you out! :) I read the physical copy of this story, which had nice translations. If you have the opportunity, it would be nice to take a look at that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 3 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 1, 2017

1 by FedeMetal »»
Sep 25, 2022 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 2 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 1, 2017

2 by oiudaniel »»
Feb 20, 2022 11:16 AM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 1 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 1, 2017

1 by oiudaniel »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:48 AM

» The hotel wedding

izumi-kun98 - Mar 19, 2018

3 by D_2301 »»
Oct 4, 2020 1:24 PM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 6 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Jun 22, 2017

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Jun 22, 2017 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.