Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »
Jan 15, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:
tsudecimo said:
Fairly meh episode, aside from Archer conversation and interaction with Shirou.

Why was Rin so upset about Shirou not having fun? was it just because she cares about him?

3/5
on top of what others said. Rin always cared about him because since you's seen F/Z this isnt a spoiler for you

Theoretically it is a HALF the reason.
An omitted scene in Rin's part of prologue of UBW (EP0) has her thinking back to
Jan 15, 2015 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
Maloghurst said:
tsudecimo said:
Fairly meh episode, aside from Archer conversation and interaction with Shirou.

Why was Rin so upset about Shirou not having fun? was it just because she cares about him?

3/5
on top of what others said. Rin always cared about him because since you's seen F/Z this isnt a spoiler for you

Oh right, that too. And
Jan 15, 2015 12:30 PM

May 2011
CookingPriest said:
Maloghurst said:

An omitted scene in Rin's part of prologue of UBW (EP0) has her thinking back to

this is NOT in the prologue it's actually revealed MUCH MUCH later. I would even say in the epilogue...
Jan 15, 2015 12:31 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

Oh right, that too. And

It's one reason but the post above you gave another reason.
Jan 15, 2015 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
normalpriest said:
CookingPriest said:

this is NOT in the prologue it's actually revealed MUCH MUCH later. I would even say in the epilogue...

Jan 15, 2015 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

Oh right, that too. And
as mentioned from previous posts to top this off
Jan 15, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
normalpriest said:
CookingPriest said:

No it is in prologue. Do i need to screencap it?
Jan 15, 2015 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
normalpriest said:

it's mentioned in the prologue, she goes on about it but it's not showcased as a major deal.
Jan 15, 2015 12:45 PM

May 2011
CookingPriest said:
normalpriest said:

oh yeah, i just checked, but it's not that explained at all
Jan 15, 2015 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Maloghurst said:

Hmm. Will I like the Sakura reason more, it's less generic, and might make their romance less painful in the future.

Also got two more questions

Jan 15, 2015 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

Hmm. Will I like the Sakura reason more, it's less generic, and might make their romance less painful in the future.

Also got two more questions

No & No
Jan 15, 2015 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
So, Rin did that command spell, purely for Shirou's sake? no other hidden reason?

That's pretty wasteful..
Jan 15, 2015 1:10 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
So, Rin did that command spell, purely for Shirou's sake? no other hidden reason?

That's pretty wasteful..

It just shows how contradictory she is.

F/Z spoilers
Jan 15, 2015 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
Jan 15, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:

That's pretty wasteful..
Killing your ally after you just used 10 years worth of mana to save his life is wasteful?
Jan 15, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
HentaiPriest said:
Where is that highjump image when you need it?

What is the scene name that contains the actual explanation? Been a while since I read it that route.
Jan 15, 2015 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
nocorras said:
tsudecimo said:

That's pretty wasteful..

F/Z spoilers

Yeah, and it's pretty evident in episode 12. But couldn't she have trusted Archer enough, to behave?

I know she felt he isn't being himself, but I doubt Archer, would have attempted aggression against Shiro or Saber again.
Jan 15, 2015 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

No no, that's not the main reason she developed the crush, or rather an "interest" in the guy, the main reason she did is literally because

As for the other two questions, I've already been sniped.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Jan 15, 2015 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
HentaiPriest said:
Where is that highjump image when you need it?

What is the scene name that contains the actual explanation? Been a while since I read it that route.
No it is a comical image about the scene and how pretty much every other FSN char show Shirou that evening.
tsudecimo said:
I doubt Archer, would have attempted aggression against Shiro or Saber again.

lol.
Ah just to be safe, I am not laughing at you but that's funny.
Jan 15, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
Noruhma said:
tsudecimo said:

No no, that's not the main reason she developed the crush, or rather an "interest" in the guy, the main reason she did is literally because

As for the other two questions, I've already been sniped.

Oh I see.

I guess the reasons are not that important anyway, what comes after it, is.
Jan 15, 2015 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
HentaiPriest said:
nocorras said:

No it is a comical image about the scene and how pretty much every other FSN char show Shirou that evening.

Got you covered (bit of HF Spoilers I think).
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Jan 15, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
Noruhma said:
HentaiPriest said:

Hehe, lel
Jan 15, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2007
tsudecimo said:
nocorras said:

F/Z spoilers

Yeah, and it's pretty evident in episode 12. But couldn't she have trusted Archer enough, to behave?

I know she felt he isn't being himself, but I doubt Archer, would have attempted aggression against Shiro or Saber again.

- Archer tried to kill Shirou and Saber as collateral during battle against Berserker
- He tried to kill him at the temple.
- He has shown to favor Caster so Rin very rationally is afraid of him doing another collateral thing which would lead to caster killing them.
Jan 15, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
Noruhma said:
HentaiPriest said:

Yep thanks

Funny how Even Ilya wants to be part of it.
Jan 15, 2015 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:

Don't ever trust Archer...

You will see why soon enough.

tsudecimo said:

Oh I see.

Yeah. Rin said that, didn't she? She just do what she likes. But that's just a simple crush.

The reason she falls for Shirou in UBW is partly (I want to use "mainly", but many people won't agree with me) thanks to
Jan 15, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
tsudecimo said:

You will see why soon enough.

tsudecimo said:

Oh I see.

Yeah. Rin said that, didn't she? She just do what she likes.But that's just a simple crush.

The reason she falls for Shirou in UBW is partly (I want to use "mainly", but many people won't agree with me) thanks to

^Not necessarily

There's also the part that Shirou intentionally throws her off her comfort zone or facade, by teasing her and trolling her. Which is bound to have her grow closer to him because usual methods of preventing that do not work.
Jan 15, 2015 1:42 PM

Dec 2012

- Archer tried to kill Shirou and Saber as collateral during battle against Berserker
- He has shown to favor Caster so Rin very rationally is afraid of him doing another collateral thing which would lead to caster killing them.

I don't think so. He told Rin, he had no communication with Saber or Shirou, so that doesn't automatically means he wanted to take them out as well. Not to mention, the most important part, being at the time, they weren't official allies, but enemies as far as he is concerned.

But favoring of Caster, happened after the command spell was used though.
Jan 15, 2015 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

^Not necessarily

Uhm maybe
Jan 15, 2015 1:46 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:

I don't think so. He told Rin, he had no communication with Saber or Shirou, so that doesn't automatically means he wanted to take them out as well. Not to mention, the most important part, being at the time, they weren't official allies, but enemies as far as he is concerned.

He continues lying to Rin about his memory being hazy when clearly he remembers his past when he talks to Shirou.

And just be patient, and you will see why this guy is a dick who should not be trusted.
Jan 15, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:

Rin had just told Shirou that she would let hm go for now.Archer just ignored her intentions.

But Archer trying to kill her ally happened before the use of the command spell.
Jan 15, 2015 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
tsudecimo said:

LOLs "what he told Rin".........
Jan 15, 2015 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
chickenonthepan said:

He continues lying to Rin about his memory being hazy when clearly he remembers his past when he talks to Shirou.

And just be patient, and you will see why this guy is a dick who should not be trusted.

I actually was wondering about that. Did he actually remember or not, it would certainly explain some of his behavior.

Maloghurst said:

I mean as in he told her to stay back. Not that he told her, to warn Saber and Shirou.
Jan 15, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:
chickenonthepan said:

I actually was wondering about. Did he actually remembered or not, it would certainly explain some of his behavior.
Just think about it.
Is there any reason why a summoning like Rin's would cause memory damage to Archer but Saber with Shirou's accidental summoning is ok?
Jan 15, 2015 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
chickenonthepan said:

I actually was wondering about. Did he actually rememberor not, it would certainly explain some of his behavior.

He remembers everything.
Jan 15, 2015 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
chickenonthepan said:

This needs an edit with Archer already, I only have this one with the mushroom:
Jan 15, 2015 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
chickenonthepan said:
tsudecimo said:

I actually was wondering about. Did he actually rememberor not, it would certainly explain some of his behavior.

He remembers everything.

What about Saber?
Jan 15, 2015 1:58 PM

Jul 2007
tsudecimo said:
chickenonthepan said:

I actually was wondering about that. Did he actually remember or not, it would certainly explain some of his behavior.

Maloghurst said:

I mean as in he told her to stay back. Not that he told her, to warn Saber and Shirou.

There was no way for Shirou or Saber to notice that or for Rin to warn them unless she would ignore her own self-preservation which well, no normal person can.

Rin even voices her concerns to Shirou after boundary field incident saying that Archer is acting strange and they should not give any reason for him to do something stranger. She already has a precedent of Archer intentionally trying to kill shirou AND of Archer indirectly trying to kill Shirou(which would technically circumvent her second command spell) AND she has only one spell left so she can't just waste it because then she has no way of stopping him.

So she does her best at trying to not have Shirou and Archer in same place.

tsudecimo said:
chickenonthepan said:

He remembers everything.

What about Saber?

Rin's questions to him in Episode 12 should have already answered that.
Jan 15, 2015 1:59 PM

Sep 2014
tsudecimo said:
chickenonthepan said:

Maloghurst said:

if there is anything about Archer that is remotely believable is that Rins safety matters to him.
Jan 15, 2015 1:59 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
chickenonthepan said:

He remembers everything.

What about Saber?

Jan 15, 2015 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
chickenonthepan said:

He remembers everything.

What about Saber?

Uhm, everything...
Jan 15, 2015 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
Noruhma said:
chickenonthepan said:

This needs an edit with Archer already, I only have this one with the mushroom:

LOL nice reference

Dec 2012
Okay, I take the ''she should trust Archer enough'' part back.

nocorras said:

No I meant, does Saber remember

Jul 2011
Yes, she even mentionated it.

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:

nocorras said:

Yes

Jan 15, 2015 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
Then why doesn't she say anything, when Shirou talks about him? I remember one of the scenes where her face implied that she knew about Kerry's past, but then I thought that maybe she made that face, because she was worried about Shirou's injury in episode 10.
Jan 15, 2015 2:06 PM

Jul 2007
tsudecimo said:

nocorras said:

She already let it slip in Episode 2 that she was summoned into this age before.
Jan 15, 2015 2:07 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
Then why doesn't she say anything, when Shirou talks about him? I remember one of the scenes where her face implied that she knew about Kerry's past, but then I thought that maybe she made that face, because she was worried about Shirou's injury in episode 10.

Jan 15, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:

Jan 15, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:

Because the Kiritsugu Shirou talks about is someone Saber never met.
CookingPriest said:
tsudecimo said:

There was no way for Shirou or Saber to notice that or for Rin to warn them unless she would ignore her own self-preservation which well, no normal person can.

Rin even voices her concerns to Shirou after boundary field incident saying that Archer is acting strange and they should not give any reason for him to do something stranger. She already has a precedent of Archer intentionally trying to kill shirou AND of Archer indirectly trying to kill Shirou(which would technically circumvent her second command spell) AND she has only one spell left so she can't just waste it because then she has no way of stopping him.

So she does her best at trying to not have Shirou and Archer in same place.

I am sure that line is in the anine.
Jan 15, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
tsudecimo said:

Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

708 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.