K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2014 9:51 AM

Feb 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:

Your taste is subjective. The quality of the animation and the voice over work are not.
The quality of anything is indeed subjective, my friend.
the animation quality of K-on is objectively better than the animation quality of low budget SoLs
Apr 14, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
This thread is dumb. The OP had 1 post when this started and likely created the thread to troll, and half the posts are people defending/insulting K-on for dumb reasons that don't even really have anything to do with the actual show.
Apr 14, 2014 9:57 AM
Sep 2013
romagia said:
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:

Your taste is subjective. The quality of the animation and the voice over work are not.
the animation quality of K-on is objectively better than the animation quality of low budget SoLs
You clearly don't know the definition of the word "objective."

You can list every example of a low budget SoL in the book, but that wouldn't change the fact that whether or not they are of quality is subjective; a matter of opinion.

SolviteSekai said:
This thread is dumb.
Then stop posting.
Apr 14, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
romagia said:
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:

You can list every example of a low budget SoL in the book, but that wouldn't change the fact that whether or not they are of quality is subjective; a matter of opinion.

SolviteSekai said:
This thread is dumb.
Then stop posting.

People who say everything is subjective are idiots who want to sound profound.

Everything is not subjective.

Speed is not subjective. Weight is not subjective. Two Bananas are objectively more bananas than one banana.

It's the same people who try to sound smart by acting pretentious on mal who bash anime unless it is pretentious.
Apr 14, 2014 10:09 AM
Sep 2013
SolviteSekai said:

People who say everything is subjective are idiots who want to sound profound.

Everything is not subjective.

Speed is not subjective. Weight is not subjective. Two Bananas are objectively more bananas than one banana.

It's the same people who try to sound smart by acting pretentious on mal who bash anime unless it is pretentious.
Where in my post did I claim that everything is subjective?
Apr 14, 2014 10:30 AM

Feb 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
romagia said:
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:

i was obviously talking about the animation quality;
huge differences in animation quality should be obvious even to people who don't know anything about animation
Apr 14, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
romagia said:
LoneWolfRain said:
romagia said:
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:

huge differences in animation quality should be obvious even to people who don't know anything about animation

People on the internet don't even realize that art style and animation aren't the same thing.

There's no point in even opening that can of worms.
Apr 14, 2014 10:58 AM
Sep 2013
romagia said:

No shit you were talking about animation quality. All I said was that the quality of animation is subjective; just like it is for characterization, plot, music, and any other aspect of the animation medium.

I never denied that more work is put into some anime than others and some anime are more fluid, accurately drawn, etc. than others. However, it's still subjective because an argument can be made against why something is the way it is, regardless of the noticeable differences.
Apr 14, 2014 11:02 AM

Mar 2013
I wouldn't know seeing as I haven't watched it. Seems like a stupid waste of time SoL anime though.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 14, 2014 11:05 AM

Jan 2014
From what I've read here on the forums it's pretty much the equivalent of "Tea Time: The Animation", right?
Apr 14, 2014 11:06 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Thread moved.
Apr 14, 2014 11:10 AM

Feb 2012
Lol, the hate is real in there. OP, give it a try and watch it if you like it, if not, move on with another show! :)
Apr 14, 2014 11:47 PM

Feb 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
romagia said:

No shit you were talking about animation quality. All I said was that the quality of animation is subjective; just like it is for characterization, plot, music, and any other aspect of the animation medium.

I never denied that more work is put into some anime than others and some anime are more fluid, accurately drawn, etc. than others. However, it's still subjective because an argument can be made against why something is the way it is, regardless of the noticeable differences.

no it's not; k-on is objectively better animated than inferno cop

whether you like it or not, that's a different thing, and it's up to each viewer to form an opinion, but i don't think anyone will disagree K-on has very nice animation, while inferno cop does not
the content of the show is irrelevant, the animation of k-on is clearly better
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.