Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2010 9:40 PM

Aug 2008
Decent end to a decent series.

I'll give it a high-ish 5/10, as its better than most 5's I give, but it just lacks the impact for a 6... At least it was better than K-On.

Rank 6/14 for the season (not including OVAs or short animes)... That in itself tells how mediocre the season was, with the exception of those I rated above it (FTR, that is Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Durarara, Nodame Finale, Katanagatari, Cobra)...
llamabenMar 23, 2010 9:44 PM
Mar 23, 2010 9:59 PM
Jul 2008
This last episode was truly the best episode in my opinion. I can't believe they pulled off a great ending with such a weak story line. Watching the final episode made it worth while, enjoying how Kanata played Amazing Grace and the Roman version of "The Maidens of Fire".
QuickfoxMar 23, 2010 10:06 PM
Mar 23, 2010 10:17 PM

Jan 2010
Maximatum99 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Was Aisha a boy or girl?

Does this help solve the mystery?

Thanks.

This gave me two solid minutes of laughing out loud.
Mar 23, 2010 10:26 PM

Jan 2010
Maximatum99 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Was Aisha a boy or girl?

Yeah thanks lol. I could have sworn the subs I watched for this episode referred to Aisha as a 'he'. Oh well.

Sometimes, you have to trust your senses. Oh, and don't believe everything your read.
Mar 23, 2010 11:41 PM
Nov 2009
Cheesy ending haha.
Mar 23, 2010 11:42 PM

Apr 2008
Hopkins was the best character in this show. In a better anime he would be flat and boring, a "lulz I'm the bad guy" villain. But here, a welcome change from entire episodes about a little girl wetting herself. Too bad he wasn't there the whole time and was kind of thrown in at the last minute.
Mar 24, 2010 12:10 AM
Mar 2010
francismeunier said:
Second part's best with the Takemikazuchi rest was impressive but unfortunate it did not use its missiles nor other features....though it was ridiculous that it go pounded yet still stood up and did minimal counter attacks. At least it proved to impress Hopkins, it's fast/versatile,has a 2 cannon armament and obviously out of the other's league armor.

If you'll notice during the startup sequence it also has some form of antigrav to lower its weight. That allowed the Old Era spider tanks in ep 7 to climb buildings w/o falling off and Tank-kun to leap tall armies in a single bound - the force field landing cushion was awesome. Aisha wasn't strapped in so they also must have inertial compensators.

I doubt the missiles worked. Didn't look like Hevetia used missiles and it's unlikely the propellant in the motors would still be good after 300-400 years.

Also take into account Tank-kun had a severely green crew. Felicia was the only member who'd actually ridden a tank into combat before and modern Helvetian tanks are pale imitations of Old Era Vector Zero tanks.

Did you notice that they got hit in the right flank exactly like Felicia's tank back in ep 7? Old Era armor is much tougher than the stuff they use in the modern era.
Mar 24, 2010 12:15 AM
Mar 2010
TAB said:
Ignoring the 10 episodes of filler, the last 2 were actually pretty good.

Also hate it when japanese people try to speak german.
Aisha's VA actually hails from Austria. From all accounts of German-speakers I've talked to her accent and diction were pretty god.
Mar 24, 2010 12:40 AM

Sep 2009
I'm surprised at this episode....just wish all of the episodes were at least this good. Decent anime overall....not the best...but I've seen a lot worse.
Mar 24, 2010 1:54 AM

May 2008
Boy this was garbage, 2/10.
Mar 24, 2010 4:31 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, despite this ending being totally cheesy, pretentious and plain stupid, it was also quite touching. Pretty much like the whole series I'd say, a lot of slice'of'life mixed with some serious moments and a plot that lasted 3 episodes or so.

Overall there were some nice moments and I liked the themes used in this show. But the execution was flawed so it wasn't as enjoyable a it could've been. A lot of things were left out too. 5/10
Mar 24, 2010 5:34 AM

Oct 2009
OrionCA said:
francismeunier said:
Second part's best with the Takemikazuchi rest was impressive but unfortunate it did not use its missiles nor other features....though it was ridiculous that it go pounded yet still stood up and did minimal counter attacks. At least it proved to impress Hopkins, it's fast/versatile,has a 2 cannon armament and obviously out of the others league armor.

If you'll notice during the startup sequence it also has some form of antigrav to lower its weight. That allowed the Old Era spider tanks in ep 7 to climb buildings w/o falling off and Tank-kun to leap tall armies in a single bound - the force field landing cushion was awesome. Aisha wasn't strapped in so they also must have inertial compensation.

Yeah it looks like it did have that I noticed it but to have inertial compensation is so out of this era......who knew....just thinking about it gives me shivers of the evolution.
OrionCA said:
I doubt the missiles worked. Didn't look like Helvetia used missiles and it's unlikely the propellant in the motors would still be good after 300-400 years.

Well it might have worked depends on the propellant used. Some propellant last forever likes missiles in spaceships.
OrionCA said:
Also take into account Tank-kun had a severely green crew. Felicia was the only member who'd actually ridden a tank into combat before and modern Helvetian tanks are pale imitations of Old Era Vector Zero tanks.

Ok, yes that's true but they still had Noel who figured out everything and they got virtual simulations so they might have gotten used to it faster than I though.
OrionCA said:
Did you notice that they got hit in the right flank exactly like Felicia's tank back in ep 7? Old Era armor is much tougher than the stuff they use in the modern era.
Yeah I noticed that but the armor just proves that the ammunition standards are pretty low to use if that's what it takes to blow up another tank of the modern ones......notice also that they used the tank only to damage the other tanks when it attacked if they wanted to they could have blown up all the the tanks they aimed at.
Mockman said:
Maximatum99 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Was Aisha a boy or girl?
Thanks. This gave me two solid minutes of laughing out loud.
Well I think the GIF is better of this scene:

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 24, 2010 7:00 AM

Jan 2010
Most bullshit ending ever, I'm glad this shit has finally fnished.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Mar 24, 2010 7:19 AM

Apr 2009
Malestel said:
Cheese, cheese, cheese ... oh and more cheese!

Yep.
All I have to say is ZOMG TEH FRENCH SONG

The rest was "well, yeah, ok". Except for the Aisha forgiving Noel part, that was quite touching.
Also, lol at army-stopping music. I understand it's Amazing Freaking Grace, but come ON.
CenedessMar 24, 2010 7:24 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 24, 2010 7:24 AM

Dec 2006
I wanted that evil general to slaughter the townspeople (since he is called a "demon" he most have done something similar).

Hearing Amazing Grace for the nth time just doesn't that special anymore.

Rio selling her body for peace XD .

Mar 24, 2010 10:53 AM

Oct 2009
Cenedess said:
Also, lol at army-stopping music. I understand it's Amazing Freaking Grace, but come ON.
I am telling you it's God in the form of the sun/light....
loli_slayer said:
Hearing Amazing Grace for the nth time just doesn't that special anymore.
Sure it is with light/sun it's all good.
loli_slayer said:
Rio selling her body for peace XD .
Guess even sex stops war from a crazy dictator.

Mar 24, 2010 12:03 PM

Sep 2009
I'm absolutely torn on how I feel about this anime. On one hand, I love slice of life, although it has too much 'plot' for a slice of life. I also enjoy watching female badass-ery with a deep plot, but this didn't have enough of any of that to call it as such.

As soon as she started playing Amazing Grace, I literally cursed out loud. No, really.

"Oh, fuck this shit. If this song ends the war..." I'm so relieved something sensible like a peace treaty did that instead.

I suppose it's earned a 7/10 from me. It was average with some really dumb moments, but the ending two or three episodes bumped it up from a 6 to a 7.
-
Mar 24, 2010 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
Too bad it's only 12 eps, this anime would be much better if it had 24...
The last 2 episodes were really great, but the first 10 looked like K-on or sth like that.

I'll give a 7/10 .
And also this:

ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Mar 24, 2010 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
That army guy managed to pull a Houdini there.
What's more amazing that the fact that he had a hidden James bond shoe knife was that he managed to cut the rope binding his hands behind the chair with a knife that was attached to the front of his shoe. How in the hell did he manage that?! Somebody's been practicing Yoga.....
AidanAK47Mar 25, 2010 6:54 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 24, 2010 2:54 PM

May 2009
OrionCA said:
TAB said:
Ignoring the 10 episodes of filler, the last 2 were actually pretty good.

Also hate it when japanese people try to speak german.
Aisha's VA actually hails from Austria. From all accounts of German-speakers I've talked to her accent and diction were pretty god.

That they were. Best German I've heard from a Japanese yet. More than that, there weren't any errors in her grammar either. Only the u feels wrong in some words (grandmother sounds like the plural).
Really one of the few positive points from then onward.

Overall quite decent series, too bad plot and pacing were a lot worse than the graphics and sound.

And on the edge of sanity I stumble and fall.
Mar 24, 2010 3:02 PM

Feb 2009
Saint_ said:

Haha, made my day. :)
Mar 24, 2010 4:37 PM

Sep 2008
Not a perfect ending, but nice story and nice build.
Glad that they didn't stop just because of 'Amazing Grace', but it did give Rio enough time to arrive on the scene and actually end the battle.
The enemy being confused by her playing their 'cease fire' would make sense for buying time too.

Rio coming back at the end fit well as well. Though for how long we don't know. The country's princess and fiance/peace delegate as a war officer?

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 24, 2010 5:01 PM

Sep 2009
Great ending. I loved it.
Mar 24, 2010 7:10 PM

Nov 2008
Saint_ said:
Too bad it's only 12 eps, this anime would be much better if it had 24...
The last 2 episodes were really great, but the first 10 looked like K-on or sth like that.

I'll give a 7/10 .
And also this:

Now, that's what I call "Bad company". lol
Mar 24, 2010 7:57 PM

Jun 2008
Not great, Not bad, all in all a very average anime with mild thrills and OK entertainment.

GOODBYE WINTER SEASON, HELLO SPRING SEASON
Mar 24, 2010 8:30 PM
Mar 2010
AidanAK47 said:
What's more amazing that the fact that he had a hidden James bond shoe knife was that he managed to cut the rope binding his hands behind the chair with a knife that was attached to the front of his shoe. How in the hell did he manage that?! Somebody's being practicing Yoga.....

Yeah...that was swiss-cheesy bad (full of holes). Unless Hopkins was a contortionist all a spring-loaded boot-knife was going to do for him was let him carve his initials in the flooring. I would guess he also had one up his sleeve, which he could have used to cut himself free. They should have shown something like that instead.
Mar 24, 2010 8:57 PM
Mar 2010
francismeunier said:
OrionCA said:
francismeunier said:
Second part's best with the Takemikazuchi rest was impressive but unfortunate it did not use its missiles nor other features....though it was ridiculous that it go pounded yet still stood up and did minimal counter attacks. At least it proved to impress Hopkins, it's fast/versatile,has a 2 cannon armament and obviously out of the others league armor.

If you'll notice during the startup sequence it also has some form of antigrav to lower its weight. That allowed the Old Era spider tanks in ep 7 to climb buildings w/o falling off and Tank-kun to leap tall armies in a single bound - the force field landing cushion was awesome. Aisha wasn't strapped in so they also must have inertial compensation.

Yeah it looks like it did have that I noticed it but to have inertial compensation is so out of this era......who knew....just thinking about it gives me shivers of the evolution.

DE-evolution, you mean. I'd think we could have something like the Vector Zero tank towards the late 21st century/early 22nd century. We already have spider-walking vehicles though not nearly at that scale. Add in some way to negate the weight and keep the crew from flipping end-over-end when it moved and it would be well within the grasp of our tech today.

OrionCA said:
I doubt the missiles worked. Didn't look like Helvetia used missiles and it's unlikely the propellant in the motors would still be good after 300-400 years.

Well it might have worked depends on the propellant used. Some propellant last forever likes missiles in spaceships.

Missiles in spaceships would be stored in a sealed, airless environment at subzero temperatures. Takemikazuchi sat in a high school gym with a hole in the roof above it for Niven-knows how many years. Noel was a genius just for getting the drive train and main gun to work - from parts she scrounged around Seize. However I don't think she'll have any trouble getting government support to get the other systems working now, do you?

If there's a 2nd season I would see it revolving around dealing with their other major problems: The seas are dead and apparently so is most of the planet. There's a heavenly host/alien battlefleet that got sweet-talked into stopping the Old Era war before they finished wiping humanity out but with humans starting to emerge from the rubble they may rethink that decision. The Flame Maidens have a lot on their plate now that they've established themselves as protectors of the world.
Mar 24, 2010 10:53 PM

Sep 2008
Just realized that was somewhat of a questionable. In the openings, Rio was one of the 'Flame Maidens' but she didn't actually play the part. She brought in the actual peace, but as a princess, not as the Flame Maiden.

The Roman soldier (forgotten her name) played that part better.. at least she was with the other four at the time.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 25, 2010 2:39 AM

Apr 2008
OrionCA said:
AidanAK47 said:
What's more amazing that the fact that he had a hidden James bond shoe knife was that he managed to cut the rope binding his hands behind the chair with a knife that was attached to the front of his shoe. How in the hell did he manage that?! Somebody's being practicing Yoga.....

Yeah...that was swiss-cheesy bad (full of holes). Unless Hopkins was a contortionist all a spring-loaded boot-knife was going to do for him was let him carve his initials in the flooring. I would guess he also had one up his sleeve, which he could have used to cut himself free. They should have shown something like that instead.

They didn't have the budget to animate how badass he is.
Mar 25, 2010 3:06 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked the series. Had some episodes that made me go meh etc, but it was great in general. Lovely (:
This last episode was really touching and fun to watch. Personally i don't think there's any need for season 2, this show was wrapped up really great in my opinion. It felt like Kanata's playing brought a hope in people's hearts.
ThePuisiitisMar 25, 2010 3:20 AM

Mar 25, 2010 3:54 AM

Dec 2007
Maybe the range of the series I've finished isn't wide enough, or maybe I'm just too forgiving, but I thought that this was by no means bad. Per the general consensus, the art and music were good, and I personally found the whole thing enjoyable. I do agree with some of the complaints mentioned, such as the pacing, but they didn't bother me enough to make me dislike the show.

noteDhero said:
The way music was portrayed in this show is downright laughable, and borderline offensive to anyone who's ever played an instrument.

I honestly can't say that I agree with that. I, for one, found myself able to understand and "feel" what the glass blower was getting at.
bambooXZXMar 25, 2010 4:24 AM
Mar 25, 2010 4:42 AM

Oct 2009
OrionCA said:
francismeunier said:
OrionCA said:
francismeunier said:

DE-evolution, you mean. I'd think we could have something like the Vector Zero tank towards the late 21st century/early 22nd century. We already have spider-walking vehicles though not nearly at that scale. Add in some way to negate the weight and keep the crew from flipping end-over-end when it moved and it would be well within the grasp of our tech today.

Strictly speaking in the anime setting of this series at first evolution then lost of technology due to Apocalypse of Angel then evolution once again in present day of Kanata with the Vector Zero rebuild first model, which Noel did. I meant it something like that.
OrionCA said:

OrionCA said:
Missiles in spaceships would be stored in a sealed, airless environment at subzero temperatures. Takemikazuchi sat in a high school gym with a hole in the roof above it for Niven-knows how many years. Noel was a genius just for getting the drive train and main gun to work - from parts she scrounged around Seize. However I don't think she'll have any trouble getting government support to get the other systems working now, do you?

I would say the Emperor might grant her that but I still disagree about the storage simply because I think the missiles are far from being conventional and besides a test fire would have been able to prove that but they did not do that at all so not sure of either of us can be of this.
OrionCA said:
If there's a 2nd season I would see it revolving around dealing with their other major problems: The seas are dead and apparently so is most of the planet. There's a heavenly host/alien battlefleet that got sweet-talked into stopping the Old Era war before they finished wiping humanity out

You mean the Angel's friends...hmmmm....interesting but you know it would turn into a sci-fi thing with war and the cute stuff would have to go out completely....not sure if they are willing to do that.
OrionCA said:
but with humans starting to emerge from the rubble they may rethink that decision. The Flame Maidens have a lot on their plate now that they've established themselves as protectors of the world.

Once again not sure with the sci-fi in all this to be done like that for this series.

Mar 25, 2010 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
Bastion said:
The Roman soldier (forgotten her name) played that part better.. at least she was with the other four at the time.

Actually, she "played" the part of the Angel, I think.

The Angel came from the heavens as a destroyer, as Aisha came from the Romanian Empire as a soldier; seeing as the Romans were the threat to Seize's safety, and the angel was a threat to world's safety, this would be accurate.

Next, the Angel was wounded, as was Aisha.
The Flame Maidens protected the Angel (an enemy) from the people of their town, the Flame Maidens V.2 (Kanata and the rest) protected Aisha (an enemy) from Treize's platoon (or whatever it's called, I'm a noob when it comes to military) - which should theoretically be allied with them.
The people burned the Flame Maidens, as Hopkins' army would have done if they became involved in the war. And the Flame Maiden who played the tune "with her last breath" was, of course, Kanata.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 25, 2010 10:06 AM

Aug 2008
bambooXZX said:

I honestly can't say that I agree with that. I, for one, found myself able to understand and "feel" what the glass blower was getting at.

If that conversation were in a different context, then I would agree. But for that conversation to be the only reason why she knows how to play is absolutely ludicrous.
Mar 25, 2010 12:25 PM

Oct 2009
Cenedess said:
Bastion said:

The Angel came from the heavens as a destroyer, as Aisha came from the Romanian Empire as a soldier; seeing as the Romans were the threat to Seize's safety, and the angel was a threat to world's safety, this would be accurate.

The Flame Maidens protected the Angel (an enemy) from the people of their town, the Flame Maidens V.2 (Kanata and the rest) protected Aisha (an enemy) from Treize's platoon (or whatever it's called, I'm a noob when it comes to military) - which should theoretically be allied with them.
The people burned the Flame Maidens, as Hopkins' army would have done if they became involved in the war. And the Flame Maiden who played the tune "with her last breath" was, of course, Kanata.
Interesting way of putting it.....I for one will agree with you on that one. It's very logical and sound.

Mar 25, 2010 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Cenedess said:
Bastion said:

Interesting way of putting it.....I for one will agree with you on that one. It's very logical and sound.

That is the most reasonable explanation of the ending ive seen, it makes a lot of sense
AsunyanMar 25, 2010 9:22 PM
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Mar 25, 2010 5:51 PM

Nov 2007
Well that series ended. 7/10

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 26, 2010 9:28 PM

Feb 2009
great ending to a very good anime, I really enjoyed it.

also, I was spot on about Rome being "The Holy Roman Empire"
Anime makes me smile!

:-)
Mar 26, 2010 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
Haha well Rio returns...
Mar 27, 2010 10:21 AM

Dec 2007
It was a good ending, I especially liked when their tank beat all the other tanks like it was a Tiger Tank in WWII or something. And when they ended the battle before it started, it was a nice scene.

Although I have seen better anime I would like to say that I think Sora no Woto really is one of the better anime this season.
Mar 27, 2010 11:48 AM

Jul 2009
Asukai-san said:
francismeunier said:
Cenedess said:
Bastion said:

That is the most reasonable explanation of the ending ive seen, it makes a lot of sense

Wut? needed explanation? i thought that would have been obvious xD
Hmmm, if you don't get that, then the "fairy tale" they are telling at that moment wouldn't make any sense, i see.
Even if our opinions differ, you are awesome!
Mar 27, 2010 2:12 PM

Dec 2008
I really enjoyed this anime, looking forward to more in the OVA's.

The tank was awesome, have'nt seen a decent mecha for quite sometime.
Mar 27, 2010 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
I really hate it when I come into these threads and the first few posts are so much different than my opinion. Kinda makes me feel embarrassed that I enjoyed the series.

The final episode was good for me, and I liked the way it ended. I do wish they could somehow fit in another season as I would be willing to watch that as well. Maybe if they did a prologue with Princess Ilyia it would work? Oh well.
Mar 27, 2010 9:47 PM

Mar 2010
I'd say that it has a fitting end, very good

Mar 28, 2010 12:36 AM

May 2009
There was much to like about the final episode: spider-tank, Kanata's powerful rendition of "Amazing Grace" and Rio's memorable entrance on the battlefield, among other things. More importantly, the story wrapped up nicely enough.

As a whole, the series didn't quite do it for me, but it wasn't bad either.
Mar 28, 2010 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
Rathma said:

^ this xP

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 28, 2010 6:48 AM

Feb 2010
What a great episode! What a great series!

I made a 9/10 score before the last episode. Then after seeing it, it made me change it to 10. Such a good way to end the series, I was so entertained that the episode flew by really fast.

One thing I could comment on this: "History repeats itself"
Mar 28, 2010 12:17 PM

Oct 2009
Cenedess said:
Rathma said:

^ this xP

It's better to get the view of someone else.....we can understand this but sometimes it gets so confusing that I am not even sure it's what I understood.

Mar 28, 2010 10:35 PM

Jul 2007
lol @ "Why wasn't it K-ON! WAAAAAH THIS SHOW SUCKS!" comments.

First half was solid gold. Noel's freakout and Felicia going into Mama Bear mode was just glorious. Ending was predictable but solid nonetheless with reasonable execution.

8/10. Haters can suck it and watch their retard girl bands.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 30, 2010 10:46 AM

Jun 2009
Not bad, a little overdramatic and lame but not bad...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.