Forum Settings
Forums

Have you an objective linke with anime in your life?

New
5 hours ago

Apr 2024
Personally i have the goal to watch the more anime possible and read the more comics possible , that maybe the reason of my toxic relationship with it and the frustration that create (funny for an entertainment) , i just love it sm that i want to watch a very very very very big lot , it will be an honor to die with at least 1000 anime days , it would make me really proud and btw , i do like manga more than anime (depend on the genre etc) but i really don't care abt this on MAL , manga days basically value nothing bc you can take 5 or 15 min to read a chapter so who cares , i also want to die with at least one room in my house totally FULL of comics and manga , that's another goal , those goals maybe value even more than having a wife for me bc tbh with creating a family the most important thing for me would be to have a son.

Between raising a son lonely or just having a wife , i'd take the first option everyday.
Currently madly in love with my babygirl Laura Kinney๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› (yes i'm horny)
5 hours ago

Feb 2020
"Personally i have the goal to watch the more anime possible"

Same here.

5 hours ago

Jan 2009
is this famous last words?

anyway action speaks louder than words so time to act
5 hours ago

Feb 2020
I want my lists to be at a more comfortable level to me, but I don't exactly know what that is? I do want to watch more Anime, but also want to keep up with some wrestling I'm behind on.

As for Manga Days though, it can depend on what your reading. 4 Komas add lots of time for a relatively short read, and some things just break the Days completely.
I read one sole vol Light Novel that added +17 days lol.
5 hours ago

Apr 2024
Reply to Little_Sheepling
I want my lists to be at a more comfortable level to me, but I don't exactly know what that is? I do want to watch more Anime, but also want to keep up with some wrestling I'm behind on.

As for Manga Days though, it can depend on what your reading. 4 Komas add lots of time for a relatively short read, and some things just break the Days completely.
I read one sole vol Light Novel that added +17 days lol.
@Little_Sheepling the fact is just that not everyone read as the same speed , it's not like anime where ep last the same length for anyone
5 hours ago

Feb 2020
Reply to Zakatsuki_
@Little_Sheepling the fact is just that not everyone read as the same speed , it's not like anime where ep last the same length for anyone
@Zakatsuki_ That's true, although some can watch Anime sped up, so the overall watch time would be shorter ๐Ÿ˜…
I get what you mean though.
5 hours ago

May 2020
If I had to say I guess my ultimate goal is to make my own manga. The older I get I am starting to think its just way too much work, however writing it in a book form first is doable so long as I work out the details, then I can illustrate at my own pace and even if I don't ever finish drawing, the story will still be in the book.
5 hours ago

Jan 2021
Yeah I want to complete more than 1000 anime and 10000 manga.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

5 hours ago

Apr 2024
Reply to FZREMAKE
Yeah I want to complete more than 1000 anime and 10000 manga.
FZREMAKE said:
1000 anime
why not 1000 days , it's way more representative
5 hours ago

Apr 2024
Reply to Little_Sheepling
@Zakatsuki_ That's true, although some can watch Anime sped up, so the overall watch time would be shorter ๐Ÿ˜…
I get what you mean though.
Little_Sheepling said:
ome can watch Anime sped up
Total insult to anime and art himself , i will make a thread on this disgusting way to watch art
5 hours ago

Apr 2024
Reply to Anjuro
If I had to say I guess my ultimate goal is to make my own manga. The older I get I am starting to think its just way too much work, however writing it in a book form first is doable so long as I work out the details, then I can illustrate at my own pace and even if I don't ever finish drawing, the story will still be in the book.
@Anjuro why not engage an artist it will be expensive and if your work doesn't explode , you will lose a lot of money for nothing but greater is the risk , greater is the reward
4 hours ago

Jun 2010
Time will tell if your "objectives" will change..
4 hours ago

May 2020
Reply to Zakatsuki_
@Anjuro why not engage an artist it will be expensive and if your work doesn't explode , you will lose a lot of money for nothing but greater is the risk , greater is the reward
@Zakatsuki_ Well seeing as this is more of a personal goal spurred by a desire for self-fulfillment hiring an artist to draw it for me defeats the purpose. Also, given that I am also an artist my pride will not easily allow it (of course if I do end up drawing manga as a job I will accept help, but I will definitely seek to be the creative lead).

I also feel like an artist cannot easily convey what I have in mind. I have many images and feelings I want to put to paper, I don't know how someone else is supposed to telepathically perceive those and draw them for me. They can probably draw something half decent from my descriptions but that's not really good enough for me.
4 hours ago

Apr 2024
Reply to Anjuro
@Zakatsuki_ Well seeing as this is more of a personal goal spurred by a desire for self-fulfillment hiring an artist to draw it for me defeats the purpose. Also, given that I am also an artist my pride will not easily allow it (of course if I do end up drawing manga as a job I will accept help, but I will definitely seek to be the creative lead).

I also feel like an artist cannot easily convey what I have in mind. I have many images and feelings I want to put to paper, I don't know how someone else is supposed to telepathically perceive those and draw them for me. They can probably draw something half decent from my descriptions but that's not really good enough for me.
@Anjuro
Anjuro said:
I also feel like an artist cannot easily convey what I have in mind.
there are mostly two methods , the comics one and the manga one.

The comics one: You write what you want to see on each panel of the page and where is the panel how many panels etc

The manga one:You do a storyboard with stickman and the artist "interpret it" the best he can

The comics one is obviously the best but requires more effort for both the artist and the writer (even if some writers give a lot of liberty but it doesn't seem to be our case)

(OMG i can finally put that knowledge somewhere thanks bro)
4 hours ago

May 2020
Reply to Zakatsuki_
@Anjuro
Anjuro said:
I also feel like an artist cannot easily convey what I have in mind.
there are mostly two methods , the comics one and the manga one.

The comics one: You write what you want to see on each panel of the page and where is the panel how many panels etc

The manga one:You do a storyboard with stickman and the artist "interpret it" the best he can

The comics one is obviously the best but requires more effort for both the artist and the writer (even if some writers give a lot of liberty but it doesn't seem to be our case)

(OMG i can finally put that knowledge somewhere thanks bro)
@Zakatsuki_ Honestly I feel like this approach only works for simple things that are easily understood. For example, if I tell the artist, "this is an office shot, this person is saying this with this kind of expression, that person is doing that etc." that'll probably work fine. But what do you do when you have something unique in the story? Like say, how do you explain with words or stickmen to an artist how to draw the hougyoku from bleach? I mean you can tell them its kinda like a crystal ball, but is that good enough? I don't think so. And when you get to subtle expressions language is too coarse to really explain things precisely, you really need to watch the artist over their shoulder and try to correct them and push them in the right direction.

Basically all of the really unique aspects of a series are difficult to communicate, and those are the things that arguably matter the most. I think the end result is, inevitably, you have to let go of the reins and let the artist do their own "take" on the material. For a personal project that's not really good enough for me.
4 hours ago
Jul 2017
My goal is to watch more - My pace is already quite quick through the years and I want to keep at it. Right now I watch older stuff before I start seasons from 2024. There was a time of few years where I watched seasonals weekly, but my taste is so broad that it quickly went to watching 25 or more anime weekly - right now I prefer watching full seasons than waiting for the ep's - still my plan to watch list is quite large but well I have a ton of time in my life
4 hours ago

Jun 2024
I guess my goal is to watch the final episode and read the concluding chapter of One Piece before I die.
4 hours ago

Sep 2016
My goal is to stay alive at least until The One Piece remake will finish airing ^^

@deg gz for 100k posts milestone!
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
4 hours ago

Sep 2008
complete 200 anime each year
complete 2000 before this year ends.
at this moment, it's entirely possible at a normal pace.
้ฆฌ้นฟใ’ใŸๅ€ซ็†ใ€€ๅ…จ้ƒจใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚ฏใ‚ฟใง
3 hours ago

Jan 2009
Reply to Zarutaku
My goal is to stay alive at least until The One Piece remake will finish airing ^^

@deg gz for 100k posts milestone!
@Zarutaku thanks i will try slowing down on posting now though lol

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite English dubs of all time?

Rally- - Yesterday

16 by ZXEAN »»
34 seconds ago

» Subbing of Chinese/Korean Names in Anime

Quadruple_Oi - Yesterday

20 by Quadruple_Oi »»
2 minutes ago

» Whatโ€™s up with sticking to just a few genres?

Pokitaru - Yesterday

46 by juanlqr »»
3 minutes ago

» ๐ŸŽƒ AD Summer 2024 Best Girl Contest ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Shizuna - Oct 1

239 by SouthRzVa »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What type of couple from these two opposites do you like more in anime?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

7 by Zakatsuki_ »»
42 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.