Forum Settings
Forums
New
Yesterday, 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
Do you have any special food preferences? How often do you eat fast food or any trendy food brands? And finally, are you trying to somehow control your diet and lifestyle? For example, as I have already said a lot, my mother is a very bad cook. Therefore, since childhood, I have been accustomed to either fairly simple food that is easy and quick to prepare, or to snacking on fast food and local Eastern European street food once a day so as not to think too much about it. Considering my taste preferences, this increasingly leads to the fact that I have to make a big stop and live for some time as an ascetic hermit in order to get my stomach and body in order.
Yesterday, 3:21 PM

Sep 2016
Dishes with pasta, cheese, tomatoes and bell peppers.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 3:45 PM

Feb 2020
I kinda prefer whipping up something quickly if I can, so things like salads and mushroom stroganoff is good for that.

I mainly make my own food and can make a fair few dishes. Although since I live on my own, I often have the same dish over several days, so not sure if that's entirely good or not?

I don't often get fast food. My most amount of times would be twice a week (but not every week) if I've been out somewhere for the day and am too tired and/or too hungry to make anything myself.

I don't tend to buy fancy or expensive brand food items. More often than that I browse the reduced stuff and plan my meal for the day from that.

I think my diet is okay-ish, although I definitely eat a lot, and big portions too, but this mainly was because of poor nutrition absorption from my illness, and it hasn't really caused any issues with my weight until fairly recently. Can't be arsed to change though lol, no point.
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Feb 2024
I have only 3 food preferences:
- it's served by someone else
- it compliments my drink
- it doesn't distract me from reading

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Dec 2021
Just two.

1. No spicy foods. (I'm a pussy with that shit)
  2. No seafood.

Otherwise, I'm okay with just about anything (Within reason) served in any way. (Again, within reason)
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Sep 2019
Not really as long as it's tasty to me. I usually only eat fast food maybe once a week, home cooked meals all the way.
Yesterday, 4:59 PM

Sep 2024
1. Hot sweet coffee (with a little milk in it)
2. Honey Peanut butter
3. White bread
(I often go days just with these 3)

As for Fast food/restaurants... they cost a lot of money and a lot of effort to get there, and I don't like doing that (also, public transportation here sucks)
Yesterday, 5:28 PM

Apr 2018
When it comes to preparing food myself, I aim for whatever takes the least amount of time and effort to make. This isn't an issue if someone else makes the meal. I quite like Italian, Indian, Thai, Chinese, and Japanese cuisine. Spaghetti Bolognese, pasta, pizza, Chicken tikka masala, butter chicken curry, chicken korma, chicken fingers, Thai green curry, sweet and sour chicken, sushi, ramen. All delicious (especially ramen and Thai green curry). I'm also fond of Shepperd's pie (and I insist it's different to cottage pie), fish pie, and pork sausages. As for fast food, there's the aforementioned pizza. I also like burgers and fries, chicken nuggets, and sometimes even hotdogs (not often). A classic British dish I like is Bangers and mash (sausages with mashed potato). I like that with baked beans. My mum made her own recipe where she adds onion to mashed potato, and it's great! One of my favourite pizzas is this spinach pizza. I can tolerate a level of spiciness in my food, but some things are too spicy for me. I'm definitely able to enjoy more spiciness than the average British person, though (I once knew a guy who thought Bolognese was too spicy and couldn't handle anything apart from tasteless plain fish and chips (he wouldn't add salt, pepper, or vinegar), so that's probably what the average British person's spice tolerance is like).

Edit: Whoops, almost forgot the most important part! I have a serious sweet tooth! So I love cake, chocolate, cookies, chocolate brownies, and ice cream. Warm chocolate brownies go well with nice cold vanilla ice cream. Strawberry cake and chocolate cake are both wonderful. Chocolate chip cookies are good if I'm feeling peckish. Biscuits go well with a nice warm tea or coffee. I also really love Dorayaki. I think I also like mochi, but I wouldn't have it too often.

Another edit: Forgot to say I also like Korean barbecue and American barbecue. I also like Mexican cuisine, like tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas. It's crazy I forgot this since my mum would probably say my favourite of all the dishes mentioned, apart from deserts, is the fajita. It's probably either that or ramen, honestly.
Purple_Gh0st24Yesterday, 10:47 PM
Yesterday, 5:35 PM

Sep 2023
I like foods with a citrus-y taste. So whether it is citrus fruit or food marinated/season with citrus or even candy. I have a massive bag of Lemonheads sitting on my desk. I eat fast food irregularly. I can go two months without eating it and then eat it three times in a week. Do not really buy fancy or trending food brands. Most of the time I will go with store brand or something a little above it. I will though spend money to get good water without taste. So either companies like Aqua Panna or Zephyrhills. And no lol

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Yesterday, 5:54 PM

Apr 2020
Dilute sweet and/or concentrated drinks, often times juices or even sodas, with water.

Quantity over quality...
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Yesterday, 5:54 PM

May 2018
I have been successfully programmed to dislike anything with: a bunch of added sugar, a bunch of trans fats, food coloring, artificial flavors, or ingredients that will overall make me feel shitty afterward..... other than that, I will eat anything you put in front of me (including a variety of bugs) and I will eat a lot of it.
can't yuck my yum

Yesterday, 7:12 PM
Dec 2022
It's simple like these.

1. No pork, but I accidentally ate some in the past
2. When it comes to bread, quality bread at all cost
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Aug 2012
Little_Sheepling said:
I mainly make my own food and can make a fair few dishes. Although since I live on my own, I often have the same dish over several days, so not sure if that's entirely good or not?

Same here. I will cook and eat at home more now. I try not to eat too much out besides maybe 1-2 times a week. It used to be waay more. As for me, I honestly prefer my breakfast foods and can skip lunch tbh.

Yesterday, 9:28 PM

Oct 2017
Not particularly. I don't eat pork very often I guess?

I prefer cooking, though at times you just feel tired, and then you get some boxed stuff, or fast food. Honestly I hate fast food, there are a few good sub places, a few pizza places I know etc. Most of it just doesn't go down well and it's unhealthy for you anyway. Plus the cost is kinda crazy these days.

I really like Italian and Cajun food. Dirty Rice is probably my favorite dish to personally make. Parboiled rice, beef, some hot peppers, onions, celery, garlic, beef broth, red pepper flakes, cajun seasoning (not hard to mix yourself, if can't get it in stores). Not hard to make and very tasty.

Ah yeah, I usually get these massive jars of Kalamata olives, dipped in red wine vinegar, that I usually snack on, that or dried cereal (usually honey flavored). Don't know if that is "abnormal" lol.
BilboBaggins365Yesterday, 9:33 PM
Yesterday, 9:39 PM

Jan 2008
I prefer foods that taste good and I avoid the icky food.
Yesterday, 11:12 PM

May 2024
I try to avoid fast food as much as I can. I'm on a strict high protein diet cuz I workout and wanna build some lean muscle mass. I rarely cook myself, even when I'm alone I generally eat at some cheap restaurants. I guess you could say I prefer meat and dairy these days in order to hit my protein goal, but that's it.
Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Jan 2009
fast foods are expensive where i live so we rarely eat there

my special food likes are adobo and dinuguan
Today, 5:27 AM

Jul 2021
My life is a cycle of forcefeeding and I just switch between phases when I forcefeed normally and when I forcefeed a lot.
11 hours ago

Aug 2012
deg said:

It's gone up here too, and I use the mobile apps to get deals if I wanna really order and get it

10 hours ago

Apr 2012
Reply to Yuno
deg said:

It's gone up here too, and I use the mobile apps to get deals if I wanna really order and get it
@Yuno What is street fast food made from in your countries? Slavic and Tatar fast food is full of meat and baked goods, so overdoing it can really harm your stomach.
10 hours ago

Aug 2012
RobertBobert said:
What is street fast food made from in your countries? Slavic and Tatar fast food is full of meat and baked goods, so overdoing it can really harm your stomach.

In the USA here, so stuff like McDonald's and the like is what I get. Street food is kind of like a thing depending where you're at in the US

10 hours ago

Apr 2012
Reply to Yuno
RobertBobert said:
What is street fast food made from in your countries? Slavic and Tatar fast food is full of meat and baked goods, so overdoing it can really harm your stomach.

In the USA here, so stuff like McDonald's and the like is what I get. Street food is kind of like a thing depending where you're at in the US
@Yuno How different is McDonald's from your average American family restaurant? Here, McDonald's is considered a very trendy temple of American pop culture, whose burgers or fries are considered much tastier than in ordinary European cafes of this kind. Perhaps due to the fact that before McDonald's we never had such food at all and most "burger" shops clearly follow the example of the USA.
9 hours ago
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I only dislike the following kinds of food:

> kakanin (rice cakes)
> champurrado (sweet chocolate rice porridge)
> anything with ube, although I can eat some bread with it
> seafood, minus some fishes. I can't stand crabs, lobsters, squid and shrimps
> tasteless stuff that works well with vinegar, probably beer too

So I'm good with almost everything. I like condiments on my food, particularly gravy

┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ཐི♡ཋྀ «•«━━━━┙
9 hours ago

Jan 2009
Reply to Yuno
deg said:

@Yuno yep its global because of greedflation from the pandemic and ukraine war
9 hours ago

Aug 2012
Reply to deg
@Yuno yep its global because of greedflation from the pandemic and ukraine war
@deg Yes, true dat. It is why I've stopped ordering out besides a few times or so a week.

3miL said:
I only dislike the following kinds of food:

> kakanin (rice cakes)
> champurrado (sweet chocolate rice porridge)
> anything with ube, although I can eat some bread with it
> seafood, minus some fishes. I can't stand crabs, lobsters, squid and shrimps
> tasteless stuff that works well with vinegar, probably beer too

So I'm good with almost everything. I like condiments on my food, particularly gravy

I like gravy too. Depends on what sorta gravy, but have done brown gravy, turkey gravy, chicken gravy, and even country gravy. Maybe called something else depending on country etc.

5 hours ago
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Hamburgers should not have cheese on them.

More topics from this board

» How do some people actually like Reddit? ( 1 2 )

Tropisch - Sep 7

84 by vasipi4946 »»
6 minutes ago

» Which sports do you practice as an adult? ( 1 2 )

-YUMMY- - Sep 14

73 by Lost_Viking »»
41 minutes ago

» Trying to find Hentai, but dont remember title

ChrisM72 - 42 minutes ago

0 by ChrisM72 »»
42 minutes ago

» How does it feel to have a crush on someone?

Zakatsuki_ - 10 hours ago

21 by Mualani »»
4 hours ago

» auditory hallucinations

LenRea - 8 hours ago

9 by Mualani »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.