Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 18, 1:03 PM
Jun 2017
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Neneaux said:
And since Mahiru was critical of her own art it's ok to make a social media account to expose people's private life to torpedo their career cause it makes her fefes feel better.

I'm not seeing where she said to Mero that it was okay or a good thing. Just that she can somewhat understand and relate to it because she has had the experience of her own feelings being misdirected in a destructive manner due to lack of self-confidence over her identity and talent. She sees a kindred soul in Mero, who maybe would have made different choices if she had the experience that Mahiru had. It's easy for Mahiru to imagine an alternative version of the recent past where things happened differently - she never met Kano, never rediscovered her love for her art, etc., and that version of Mahiru would in her eyes be a much worse person than she is now.

You can place yourself in a person's shoes to better understand their situation and why they did what they did without necessarily supporting or agreeing with their actions and choices. This seems like a case of that.

Stalaktik said:
Also, I don't get where that part about LGBT stuff comes from, all of a sudden.
I mean, me, a grown ass man using a female character PFP doesn't mean I wanna cut my peepee off right? Your avatar just reflects what you like, not your gender. I just hope they won't do a 360° shift to now present us Kiwi as a supposed trans character or something like that, given the end of the episode

It's a little more than that because since the VTuber avatars are interactive, she plays the role and uses a somewhat male persona, more masculine voice and apparently in Japanese more masculine or at least gender-neutral/ambiguous phrasing in terms of referring to herself as opposed to the feminine variants (just the sense I get from what I pick up on by ear from listening and then also reading some others' comments addressing this - don't know enough Japanese myself to break it down in detail).

But in the arcade scene, she also said, during the meltdown and argument, that "It's not like that" when one of her former friends asked her if she wants to be a guy now in an accusatory manner, so I don't get the impression that they're going to go in that extreme direction. Not with the type of show that this is and with the amount of time they even have left. That's why I was surprised in that scene at the end when Yoru/Mahiru described Kiui to Yukine as her friend who's "a girl and a guy". And just playing a male VTuber character isn't enough to portray her that way, since think of all the female seiyuu for anime playing young boy characters. It's basically acting.

The way the series has portrayed it up to this point has always been that Kiui's a tomboy type not interested in talking, dressing, and generally acting girly. And at the most asexual. You can as well, as a boy/man, not be interested in acting stereotypically hyper-masculine and as a girl/woman, not be interested in acting stereotypically hyper-feminine without actually wanting to be be or believing you're a different sex. I'm a male who has little interest in a lot of stereotypical masculine BS and yet would never entertain any notion that I'm secretly a girl inside.
@WatchTillTandava Yeah that's what I was thinking too, she never was anything more than a tomboy type of girl and that's why I like her
Jun 18, 10:12 PM
Oct 2019
Kiui, you are so cool!!
Miyu Tomita went hard on this episode, she is amazing!!

One more episode left, I don't want this to be over yet 😭
Jun 20, 11:00 AM

Jan 2011
Kiui is just that fucking girl. Wow...
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 20, 11:02 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
😭 we only got one episode of this left man I can’t say goodbye to these girls. This needs to become a multimedia project. People saying the show nosedived are tripping, show got way better with the angsty drama. That’s exactly what I wanna see in my lesbian romances. Perfect contrast to Sasakoi where main ship instantly gets together.

Sorry GBC, but this has regained the number 1 spot after this Kiui masterclass. This episode was directed by Fujita Shounei who’s worked with SHAFT for over 15 years and it definitely had a distinctive SHAFT vibe, especially during Kiui’s “coming out” scene. A ton of good stuff in this episode before that as well.

For starters, love that Mei continues being there for Kano not just as a stan, but a genuine friend. Helping her focus on who and what she wants to write music for. There’s a nice dichotomy in this episode with Mei and Kano and Yoru and Kiui, both pairs have known each other longer than Kano and Yoru, so it allows them to connect in a different way.

Now in my opinion, Yoru did redeem herself today by the end of the episode in terms of the Kano situation by helping Kiui and also putting in a word for JELEE to perform with the sundolls next week. But at the start of the episode when Yukine was cooking her art and just being an asshole I didn’t feel bad. Never should’ve been working with her in the first place.

The last 10 minutes or so are just some of the best seasonal anime stuff you’ll see and Fujita’s handprints are all over it. Kiui going back to Omiya to confront her past and finally move forward took a lot of courage.

This is a girl who’s had to change her whole identity, stop going to school, move away from home.. then she makes a new identity and it’s doxxed, mocked and almost taken from her.. that pain would’ve been too much for a lot of people

And here go these lame ass losers who’ve never accomplished anything in life, making fun of someone pursuing their dream. So glad Mahiru was there to take a stand for her best friend and I love the scene going back and forth between the video game screen with the character fighting off a bunch of enemies.

Kiui’s impassioned “Normal people like you have no idea what it’s like to get mocked for the things you love” is something that everyone should be able to empathise with and feel. It’s also exactly what Mahiru needed to hear and gave her to courage to be herself and finally attach her real name to a piece of artwork. So happy for both of them. One episode seems like such a short period to wrap this all up.. I really hope DG can give us a great ending ❤️
@Marinate1016 I am trying to wonder how did this show nosedive. It's such an emotional trip. This is truly labor of love with strong production values.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 24, 11:07 AM
Nov 2022
God, this anime teaches more about valuing yourself than the courses that supposedly do it for just a monthly fee of 250 usd xdddd
Jun 24, 4:11 PM
Feb 2015
Imagine being so pathetic in life that you have to tell others that your friend, who isn't actually your friend, did amazing stuff and boast about it like you did it, get a life Mayumi, you're probably gonna be one of those girls in the future who hop onto different boyfriends because they realize how much of a fake bitch she is lol
Mahiru's final art felt somewhat uwu I don't get why 😭 but that proposal was somewhat not expected ngl
Jun 27, 2:04 PM
Feb 2021
Sometimes you need to be loud and cringe, I fully support Kiui's rant! I really love that her and Mahiru spent time together revisting their past and confronting those nasty brats.

I am less mad at Mahiru now but I really want her and Kano to just talk already!! Talk things out pleaseeeee. I hope Kano's lyrics are for Mahiru ♡. Also it's cute that Mahiru got away with showing her own art in the end but 🥲 unfortunately doing the edits that they told her to and making it "not her art" is the true reality of that kind of job 🤷‍♀️.

I'm sad to see this go! And I kind of doubt it'll get much gayer than this but who knows, I hope so!
Jul 9, 2:13 PM

Mar 2013
Cringed so hard, that why you never talk with normie outside of weather
Jul 18, 11:27 AM
Jul 2015
These amazing episodes don't seem to stop.
Aug 3, 9:15 PM

Jul 2023
Kiui resolved her arc well, and this has led to Yoru desking with
her artist's block.

Also, it looks like Kano has her breakthrough by deciding to sing for her mother.
Aug 16, 12:16 AM

Dec 2023
In retrospect why did no one suggest snaggle tooth tomboy (not a streamer at the time) transfer schools? Are the adults stupid for not realizing an all-girls prep school was not a good fit? The most disappointing thing about snaggle tooth streamer's escapades was finding out speed dot com does not redirect to an internet speed site.

This is why you can't praise Yoru too much. It goes to her head and ruins her flow, resulting in the disastrous behavior of ep 10. Hag and supreme commander of Jelee's blood enemies, sunflower dolls, may not be the best parent but she knows this art stuff inside and out. As a parallel to last episode it's not the main pairing that gets each other out of their funk. Meanwhile, Kano is still in her "what am I fighting foorrrrr!?" phase.

This has become a doxing fetish anime.
Yoru - Listen up normies! You can dunk on the pervert piano hapa all you want but when you BESMIRCH the honor of my snaggle tooth streamer wife you've officially crossed the line! I've beaten a bitch with my drawing tablet before and I'll do it again! Tsk, normies think not going to school is some sort of own. Wait, behind you. Gamers are rising up!

Snaggle tooth streamer - Unblock your oomfie, you dare say to me? I'll shove that beanie down your throat, you finnicky broad! When Jelee takes over the normies will have to be exiled on top of the 15-minute timeout from chat.

Listen up hag! Before I hand over the goods Jelee has a score to settle.
Aug 20, 7:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m surprised with just one episode left, we got nearly an entire episode focused on Kiui because she got doxed, I honestly thought her episode near the beginning of the show was enough regarding her past but I guess we weren’t done after all lol, I’m fine with it tho, I always thought Kiui’s personality conflicted with her whole shut-in thing going on so I like getting more on that. And damn she really popped near the end, she told those dumbass “friends” exactly how it is, a bit of an unfortunate location for it but a great moment, the girls from Girls Band Cry would be proud, tho this show hasn’t surpassed the amount of public arguments in GBC lol.

Although I was a bit surprised that Mahiru referred to Kiui as both a girl and a boy at the end, I didn’t get any indication that this had anything to do with gender, Kiui even denied that during the arcade scene, so I’m not sure why Mahiru said that, unless it was just referring to her V-tuber persona which I guess makes some sense. Either way, really enjoyed Kiui’s character arc here, I think with this she can truly move forward, I’m definitely more of a fan of her now than I was at the start of the episode too. There was also some stuff with Kano in this one trying to find her reason to sing, and I get why she’s conflicted with it, but imo she should just sing for herself, ain’t nothing wrong with that, sing because you want to! And lastly, although Mahiru’s art got cooked by Yukine at first, Mahiru somehow got her approval even after ignoring her critiques, and at the same time tried getting JELEE a spot at the Sunflower Dolls performance, well I guess we know what the last episode is about now lol, I’m still salty in regards to Mahiru but she is at least using her position to help JELEE.

And with one episode left, I think something rushed is definitely coming, but hopefully it’s fun regardless.
Aug 24, 12:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was nice to see Kiwi stand up against the bullies. Also good that Yoru finally finished her work, I wonder if the band will be able to perform in December though
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

132 by Assassin2112 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.