Forum Settings
Forums
New
Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Feb 2024
Are there any anime you ut on hold with the intention of continuing in the future yet you never did?
Yesterday, 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
I either complete or drop anime. I never put them on-hold.
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

May 2019
Just like @Serafos I either complete or drop anime. I never put them on-hold.
Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31035/Inferno_Cop_Specials

Because I only found 1 of 3 episodes, if anyone knows where to find the rest, please let me know.
ZarutakuYesterday, 12:41 PM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Dec 2018
DragonBall (I still want to finish this).
One Piece (too long and I'm probably going to drop it).

Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Aug 2011
Quite a few, but the ones that I've had on hold the longest are Hajime no Ippo, Hidamari Sketch, Joshikousei: Girl's High, and Tokimeki Tonight. They've all been on hold for more than 10 years.

I'm pretty mad at myself about Hajime no Ippo. I actually really enjoyed it, and I watched 53 episodes, so I put a lot of time into it. At the time, I only intended to take a short break and then go back to it. Now, it's been so long that I'm not even sure I could follow the plot if I jumped back into it.
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

Oct 2022
HunterXHunter

i tried to watch it long time ago, dropped it. Last year my brother watch it and pressure me to watch it, i give it a couple of episode and then put it on hold. Is not that I didnt like it (otherwise I would drop it) is just.. I want to see it, but I never just give it time.
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

Jan 2020
I think I might never finish or pick up again Beastars..... simply because I really dislike looking at animals or anthromorphobic (or however you spell that shit) figures..... it's not my cup of tea, even if the anime is probably really good
Yesterday, 12:33 PM

Apr 2021
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, been in hold for 3 years iirc, i forgot the majority of the plot, its very likely that i drop it. Plus i have heard the quality of the story in the ln takes a dip so i dont have that as a motivating factor.
Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Apr 2024
Turn a gundam and g-reco, I will finish them but I'm not in a mindset for it yet
Yesterday, 1:05 PM
May 2024
Detective Conan is still on my PTW list and I have no intentions to pick it back up any time soon. I put it there after episode 830~ish mainly because I got bored of the never ending fillers but there are multiple other reasons for why it ended up there. I initially wanted to take 1 or 2 days at the end of every year to quickly look through the wiki, find which episodes actually progress the story and watch at least those but in the end I never did.

The show has been stuck on my PTW list for roughly 6 years now and will probably stay there for quite a while longer. Especially since the movies have started to loose my interest as well, I haven't seen the 26th yet, can't even remember what the 25th movie was about and the 24th was just kind of disappointing given the hype around it. So since I don't even know if I'll keep watching the movies, I'll potentially never pick the series up again.
Yesterday, 1:17 PM
Dec 2020
I can't find the second episode of the kill la kill specials that's why i can't complete it (´;ω;`)
Yesterday, 1:41 PM

Jul 2016
I currently have 3 shows in my on-hold list:
- Mugen no Juunin: Immortal (I watched 6 episodes and found it incredibly average. Will resume it when I feel like watching some violent/edgy samurai stuff)
- Saber Marionette J to X (This one is a sequel but since I barely remember anything from S1, I would have to rewatch everything from the very beginning. And that thought alone is making me postpone this indefinitely)
- Sakamichi no Apollon (I tend to hate love polygons and it seems this show is more about that rather than about music)
Yesterday, 1:52 PM

Jul 2022
I'm unlikely to ever finish DBZ now that I'm watching Kai, but I don't have the heart to "drop" it since I watched so many episodes out of order as a kid.
Yesterday, 1:58 PM

Nov 2020
Probably Golden Kamuy, would’ve said One Piece but I think I’ll continue it later on
Yesterday, 2:20 PM

Feb 2022
I've had Naruto on hold for a while, I want to go and finish it but honestly nowadays I've kinda lost the motivation to get through super long shonen series that I used to have... maybe someday though.
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

Jan 2021
I've had Cowboy Beebop in my hold list for like 2 years. I have no idea why, I just haven't got around to watch it again XD
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Yesterday, 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
I would say One Piece because there are simply too many episodes to watch.
Yesterday, 4:22 PM

Oct 2017
A lot, I will get around to some stuff on my on hold list...eventually. Eh Fire Force, I literally put on hold when the Kyo Ani fires happened (crazy that was 5 years ago), if it gets finished I will at least finish that lol.

I think these days,I like to focus more on complete stuff or things unlikely to get a sequel for this reason. I start series and just never follow up on them.
Yesterday, 6:21 PM
Jul 2024
Really only one. Bleach. After 350 episodes, I started to feel a bit tired of it, Aizen was defeated, etc. So I stopped watching it. I had streamed most of the series on some site back in 2010 but had been following it on Adult Swim for years. But I even stopped recording those episodes to watch. Never have been back.
Yesterday, 6:35 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Brunilde
I can't find the second episode of the kill la kill specials that's why i can't complete it (´;ω;`)
@Brunilde it's a recap it's why it's not online.
Yesterday, 6:36 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
I would say One Piece because there are simply too many episodes to watch.
@DesuMaiden still way less that Sazae-san 2740 for Sazae-san vs 1113 for one piece.
Yesterday, 6:38 PM

Dec 2021
I'm terrible with this, I have 75 entries on hold that realistically I am never going to go back to. I just end up putting them there instead of dropping them because I didn't dislike them enough to say I would never go back to it. But there have only been a handful that I've actually gone back and finished.
Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Jun 2024
I was never on hold or drop Once I watch I will finish it but my problem is I forgot to update my list to finish.
Yesterday, 7:30 PM

Mar 2024
Trigun: Stampede was on my list forever and I really want to watch it, but somehow I can't bring myself to watch it.
Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Jun 2024
Fairy Tail, I guess. I watched a couple of episodes and said to myself, never mind, and put it on hold forever.
Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Mar 2023
Nope, nothing ends on hold for ever.
Though I use on hold either for:
- high priority stuff I wanna watch (non-seasonal usually get moved from PTW to on hold for a few months before they go to watching)
- movies that came out and there's no good subbed version to watch yet
- shows that went on hiatus ( like https://myanimelist.net/anime/54233/Sasayaku_You_ni_Koi_wo_Utau ), but I'll eventually drop them if they don't come back
Yesterday, 10:45 PM

Apr 2018
I finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan this year as my 500th anime. I started it way back in 2014... Yeah, took me a while. Space Dandy has been on hold since it aired in 2014 too
Nivo3041Yesterday, 11:01 PM
Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Apr 2024
Detective Conan. It's been more than a year since I put it on hold because people keep recommending me anime. I don’t wanna disappoint them plus I don’t like watching multiple series at a time so all I can do is stop watching DC and give a shot to what they told me to watch
Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Jan 2021
There's a couple I keep putting on hold and I'm not sure why. I've restarted watching FMA like five times over the years, and always just kind of forget about it a quarter of the way through. Same with Black Clover, Kaguya-sama: Love is War, and Spy x Family.

I struggle to really find a reason as to why I've never returned to some of these shows. It's happened more than above and I just end up listing them as dropped some months/years later.
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

May 2018
yeah just about all 20 of them. I'm seriously considering picking up bleach though. I think I left off around 100 eps in
can't yuck my yum

4 hours ago
Dec 2020
Reply to Otakupervert890
@Brunilde it's a recap it's why it's not online.
@Otakupervert890 do you know where i can find it?
4 hours ago

Jul 2021
its been almost 3 years since i put to your eternity in my on-hold list. there are some that have been there for more than 2 years, 1 year and recent as well. recently i put dbz on-hold about 4 months back.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

4 hours ago

Aug 2016
I think everything on my "on-hold" list has been there for a couple of years now

More topics from this board

» Your Favorite Videogame-To-Anime Adaptations

Moshimochi284 - 11 hours ago

12 by Saku33 »»
4 minutes ago

» Lots of Donghua are just animated manhua?

zkl - 4 hours ago

3 by Sheol01 »»
5 minutes ago

» So is there any chance of any future anime taking 1 on MAL anymore? ( 1 2 3 )

00002019 - Nov 7, 2013

119 by hazecloud »»
5 minutes ago

» Does peoples are REALLY in love with their waifues or husbando?

Zakatsuki_ - 5 minutes ago

0 by Zakatsuki_ »»
5 minutes ago

» why is netorare/ntr so overhated?

based_reviewer - 5 hours ago

44 by mshfqtny »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.