Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 24, 9:52 PM

Jul 2023
Damn Kana really got a nat 1 on that charisma check

Jul 24, 10:29 PM

Jan 2011
This is becoming one of the best shows.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 24, 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Softhenic03
It’s actually baffling how that play, which we barely saw two seconds of in each of the episodes it had screentime, managed to change the views of people… to a vast extent lol. Happened with Aqua last episode, and now even made this uncompromising mangaka into compromising sooo many things lol. We actually do deserve an entire episode over that play after this xD

Jokes aside, not sure how and why this entire drama with script writing took three and a half episodes to get to a conclusion when it was easily the least interesting part of this arc, but yeah, somehow we’ve again started the rehearsals. Also yeah, the usual reminder of how deeply hurt Aqua is with whatever happened with Ai has to be there right? I mean that helps or will help in his acting.. somehow, I mean the perks of ptsd do wonders. Though, this one scene I’ve been waiting for finally made it into the adaptation… Akane FIGURING OUT EVERYTHING. That is as scary and as creepy as it sounds, but yeah, she works on a different wavelength.
@Softhenic03 I like how Raida trying to act like a genius when it is legit his fault this started was a problem to begin with. Homie is like shocked that since GOA and Akibo worked together the script turned out to be even better.I have never seen someone up their own ass before.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 24, 10:45 PM
Oct 2019
Finally Abiko and GOA talk to each other directly without any middle man, and it worked.
What a surprise lol

Oh boy that PTSD kicking in, and it was Kana who brought it back 😭

It's crazy how Detective Akane already figuring it out.
davidyodo24Jul 24, 10:50 PM
Jul 24, 11:00 PM
May 2023
Best ep of season 2 so far, excited for more.

Nice little easter egg for manga readers at the end there as well.
Jul 24, 11:04 PM
Apr 2023
wonderful the drama of the mangakas.
Jul 24, 11:12 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Narizor
What an episode and what a spectacular contrast. First, we see something beautiful like GOA and Abiko reconciling and having fun while working hard to deliver an excellent script for the play. Then, something so sad, sinister, and painful like Aqua's situation and everything he has had to go through and still has to face.

Akane could easily be the protagonist of a detective anime, the way she connects the dots so quickly is incredible. From the viewer's perspective, it wasn't that hard to figure out, but I imagine it would be very different in a real situation. I'm more of a Kana fan, but the support Akane gave Aqua at that moment scores big points for me.

Also, seeing that kind of specter when Aqua had an anxiety attack while remembering Ai's death makes me think it's Aqua himself from his past life haunting him.

P.S. If anyone remembers, because I don't recall it being mentioned, does the director who is Aqua's tutor know that Aqua and Ruby are Ai's children? Please, no spoilers.
@Narizor I don't think it's revealed in anime it does. But he was very close to entire family. And has mentored Aqua the entire time he could have figured it out.
Jul 24, 11:30 PM

Jun 2023
Starry eyes are back on Akane
Jul 25, 12:32 AM

Feb 2016
It's all this acting stuff really necessary? Feels like filler to me, Aqua's mission is to find the one behind Ai's death, and doing this job will help him, but again, doing this job is just somthing in his way, we can call it a side quest? lol, so, why is this even necessary to be so long? All this drama with the script, it sucks, if it wasn't for that all the important parts about Aqua's story could heve been told in like 2 episodes, yet here we are in episode 4 starting from 0 with this shit.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jul 25, 12:32 AM
Jun 2022
Very shocking the second half of the episode
At the same level of how it was shown in manga
Jul 25, 12:35 AM
Jul 2024
Script done!
PTSD for all :(
Jul 25, 1:11 AM
Jun 2022
there is some cut content but finally tho we saw how doga kobo animated the PTSD episode, also might be subjective but when arima gives advice to aqua i think that the manga showed the expressions better than the anime but they animated this episode good. 8/10
Jul 25, 1:14 AM
Mar 2024
I'm blown away every time by how great this anime is.
All the feelings that I usually experience when watching anime manifest themselves 2 (or more) times stronger.

Also, I usually can't stop myself from eating while watching, but after watching this episode I still had half the snacks I prepared :)
That's how engrossed I was in this episode.

Masterpiece.
Jul 25, 1:59 AM

Jul 2023
Great ep!! never fails to deliver
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 25, 2:29 AM
Feb 2021
it was heartbreaking
Jul 25, 2:44 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Abiko agreed to work things out with GOA after Raida went out of his way to persuade her. Thanks to his efforts, both Abiko and GOA got along extremely well and their result with the script is what will be used for the Tokyo Blade stage play. Abiko should smile more, as she looks really adorable while doing so! =D

However, the drama is always around the corner and it struck hard during the rehearsal scene with Aqua. Kana was doing her best to help Aqua tap into emotional acting for his part, which seemed to be working fine, including a sincere and sweet smile from Aqua himself, before the PTSD of Ai's death was triggered.

Akane did really well in making sure that Aqua got some much needed rest, even taking him to Gotanda's house so that he can rest there. It was here that Aqua muttered Ai's name while in the middle of his restless sleep, not knowing that Akane was watching over him and heard exactly what he said. It didn't take long for her brain to switch gears and started putting more pieces of the puzzle together. I think it's only a matter of time before she figures the whole picture, so that's something to look forward to if, or when, that happens.

Overall, this was another great episode. =)
Jul 25, 3:18 AM
Apr 2023
literally incredible, the representation of Aqua's past trauma of not letting him smile gives great depth to the character, and when Akane connects the dots at the end I don't even know how to describe it
Jul 25, 4:22 AM
Jan 2020
"Authors have the right to maintain integrity as part of their moral rights"

I really need to know and someone please say if this applies to anime
Jul 25, 4:26 AM

Feb 2014
Abiko-sensei finally come into terms with Goa and they are not able to make a script that works for both of them. Now it's time to transform that script into an awesome stage play.

That PTSD, It's like Aqua's past life is saying to his present that he's not allowed to have fun and live normally because he failed to protect Ai.

Yeah, Akane really is smart and was able to connect all the dots. We are on the part now where she figures out who Aqua and Ruby's mother.

Jul 25, 4:51 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
damn, great episode. the last scene with akane was so good
Jul 25, 5:02 AM
Aug 2015
I loved the PTSD Scene, it was really dreadful and got my chills...

But I find it stupid that Acqua Inner Voice said "You can´t be happy, you should have protected her"

I'd be fine with "You can't be happy, you have to avenge her" or something like that, how is a 2/3 year old supposed to protect a person from a SURPRISE KNIFE attack?

It's not like he had a chance to realize before that something was wrong and could do anything about it
Jul 25, 5:08 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to Spookydokii0
Beautiful episode, we finally get the conclusion with Abiko-Sensei’s revisions and i really thought we were gonna see her revision if the script but im glad we got both a mix of GOA-San and Abiko’s. Plus all that hype they were talking about including the main cast praising it has me REALLY hyped to see Tokyo Blade script, this sub/main plot of Aqua has really gave me insight into what the real life world of acting can really be like, very passionate and moving. Aka Akasaka knows how to write a story.

Towards the 2nd half of the episode, Aqua couldn’t grasp how to do emotional acting until he asked Arima for a little bit of advice. Basically told him how she does it, in her case think of someone dear to you and for Aqua that hit like a dart right in the heart and couldn’t keep composed no more. Later on goes to his another director friends house to rest and there is where Miss Akane connected the dots slowly and it finally hit when Aqua was saying ‘AI’ under his breath while having honestly really sad and terrible nightmares about his mom. The most crazy part about his interpretation of the intruder behind him telling him she should’ve done something but Bro he was literally a baby he couldn’t have done nothing. and finally when he comes to Akane shows she actually very much cares for him and thats where I think there relationship can actually blossom. Good ep
Spookydokii0 said:
The most crazy part about his interpretation of the intruder behind him telling him she should’ve done something but Bro he was literally a baby he couldn’t have done nothing

Yes! Glad to find someone else calling out this

It really took me out the episode, he is not delusional enough to believe there was anything he could have done to prevent the attack or save her after

It his dark thought would have say something among the lines of "You can´t be happy, you must AVENGE Ai" that would be totally reasonable and in character for Acqua
Jul 25, 5:54 AM
Mar 2023
The way that the PTSD was represented was marvellous.
Jul 25, 5:56 AM

Jun 2020
Another great episode. The way they delivered about the PTSD was amazing. I remember the same feelings I got when I read the manga at this part. Very nice adaptation.
Jul 25, 6:12 AM

Jul 2022
Abiko tries to see a real good, professional stage play by Tokyo Blade. She didn't expect that today's stage plays were like that, very different from the traditional stage plays. Despite this, Abiko liked the show very much, which was written by Goa, the talented scriptwriter.

Later then, the producer of Tokyo Blade, Raida, tried to negotiate with Abiko to continue working with Goa. Abiko agreed to do so and then started to rewrite the whole script together (with the author, scriptwriter, editor, and also producer). Luckily, Goa and Abiko understood each other and had more or less the same writing ideas, so the rewriting went very smoothly and well.

After hours of rewriting the script, they finally agreed and were pretty satisfied with the results. And so, the cast of characters began rehearsing their stage play. Most of the actors feel quite comfortable with Goa's writing because they're used to it. However, because Goa's work plays more on feelings and emotions, Aqua couldn't act optimally. That's because Aqua can be said to be emotionless.

Therefore, he was taught by Kana how to act with feelings and emotions. When he tried to express his emotions, he was hit by PTSD after remembering his mother's death. And because of this, he became dizzy and weak, so he was forced to stop doing the rehearsal.
Jul 25, 6:41 AM
Oct 2021
This is getting interesting between Akane and Aqua
Jul 25, 6:51 AM
Sep 2020
bangers after bangers every week
Jul 25, 8:42 AM
Oct 2020
Awesome episode, BUT Kana scene was tragically badly executed, why didn't they make it with the impact that at least the ptsd scenes or Akane's connecting dots? Manga was so much better with this :(
Jul 25, 9:08 AM

Jan 2024
Yes, here we go! The first three episodes of S2 were okayish at best, especially compared to S1. But this episode was amazing and on the level of the S1 episodes. I hope it stays like that or gets even better. Wonderful episode, very gripping and emotional.
Jul 25, 10:13 AM
Nov 2022
Damn, what a good episode...

On the one hand, the issue of the script for the play has already been resolved, but on the other hand...

I already foresaw that the feeling that Aqua will feel for AI's death is not simple hatred and desire for revenge, it is also guilt, a gigantic guilt that obviously torments him...

Akane, with her enormous talent for deduction, was able to come up with a conjecture that we all know is true, it is good that Aqua, beyond everything, has emotional support other than his family and the director.
Jul 25, 11:11 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Akane ist the best girlfriend, my god what a good girl.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 25, 11:32 AM

Aug 2022
Kana brought up some major trauma with that comment. Still best girl though. And it seems like Akane has figured out Aqua's past.
Jul 25, 11:40 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Hoshi_Iishraq
That PTSD scene got everyone including Aqua off-guard, I believe everyone who watched episode 1 ending still has the PTSD of Ai's death.

Arima Kana trying to help Aqua in emotional acting back-fired as she reminded him about Ai's death.

Oh Man this scene where his spirit speaking to him brought me chills.

Akane connecting all the dots was something from the word "Ai".
@Hoshi_Iishraq yes... it's really hurt when i remember it.... but thats make it good show... xD
Jul 25, 12:21 PM

Nov 2020
God, the solution to the script problem was so simple and you could have actually done it from scratch and this whole problem wouldn't have happened XDD ok but in the end, the understanding between the author and the screenwriter was really lovely and satisfying. Quite an emotional episode, in this one scene Aqua will have to remember the most terrible day of his life and feel these emotions again, I really like this theme. Does Akane really know that the AI ​​was Aqua's mother just because she heard Aqua mutter her name in her sleep and then connected the rest of the facts? yyy... well, I don't really like this solution, it would be better if she found out about it from the director or someone (I don't remember who he was exactly)
5/5
Jul 25, 12:29 PM
Jan 2016
Without spoiling too much from the manga, what were those "files" on Gotanda's computer?
Jul 25, 1:52 PM

Oct 2023
Seems like Akane has figured Aqua's condition out, and luckily Abiko decided to get along with GOA, since there's no way she could've written the script on her own.
Jul 25, 2:12 PM
Sep 2023
What an episode, what an episode… It was really a very good episode, as we're used to every week since the start of this new season, which is really starting to get more and more interesting. Honestly, the beginning is just cool to watch, and it's great that GOA understands the manga creator's vision of the theatre scene. And, the scene that really makes this episode something crazy, Aqua's post-traumatic syndrome… Honestly, it did something, the vision of ai's death completely turned my stomach, it's very well done, the horror is so well shown, and to see Aqua in a situation of absolute weakness is very intriguing, he who is always unmoved by complex situations, always thinking before acting, can't do anything about the vision of death he's already encountered.

I can't wait for the next episode!

Jul 25, 2:25 PM
May 2024
incredible episode, it was beautiful to see Akane hug Aqua in such a desperate moment as he was at that moment
Jul 25, 2:29 PM
Feb 2020
Dude... What the hell was that? Great episode.
Jul 25, 3:14 PM
Jul 2024
This has to be the best episode of the season so far! Seeing GOA and Abiko have a civil meeting about the script, even laughing and getting along was wholesome. I know there were complaints about Abiko's storyline, but i loved it, and it ended well ♡

Then...we cut to aqua, and holy shit did it hit HARD! Aqua getting flashbacks and then the panic attack took all the happiness i had watching the first half of the episode and made me tense up in intrigue and sorrow. By the end when akane hugged aqua, i thought back to the previous scenes of the episode, and the tears started flowing.

I loved episode 4 and its right up there with episode 6 (i think, the episode where akane...y'know..) as one of the top episodes of the entire series ♡
Jul 25, 3:40 PM
Oct 2022
i like the representation of ptsd
Jul 25, 3:41 PM

Dec 2018
Abiko and Goa problem are finally solve. I guess this is the best way to made both side agreed and satisfied.
They said Mangaka are the 'boss'... so that's mean... some mangaka that their anime adaption turn horrible and different from the main source because they didn't actually fight back the anime production just like Abiko did? Hmmm..
In this episode, Mangaka seems like been treated so mighty by other company.... But they actually stress and have no any power by their editor and their own company boss.

Kana is so horrible... Well, yeah, she doesn't know Aqua mother got murdered... She's a harsh one... She seem likeable in season 1... but in this season 2... Kana become unlikeable... She's Jealous of Akane, and suddenly proud saying she know Aqua longer than her.. and their literally childhood friend.... As if they actually friend with her bratty personality during her childhood.
While Akane actually showing her good side in this episode, she's giving love to Aqua, very caring to Aqua.

While Aqua remembered his happy memories with his new life friends and sister (It's look kinda kimochi warui when after Ruby image appear, he's actually blushing...........)
His past life shadows appear and made Ai scene got murdered appear....
This episode is very good since I almost forgot that dark scene... since Aqua already live his new life normally and not so bad life.

Jul 25, 4:38 PM
Aug 2023
So that was the best episode of the season so far. Finally this is actually getting good again. Really hope it continues to trend in this upward trajectory
Jul 25, 4:56 PM
Jun 2024
That's incredible!!!
Jul 25, 4:56 PM

Dec 2007
another great episode. and that Ending always hits the spot.
Jul 25, 5:40 PM
Dec 2023
Best episode so far this season imo
Jul 25, 6:28 PM

Dec 2012
akane going into overdrive...
Jul 25, 6:59 PM
May 2024
good interpretation of panic attacks
Jul 25, 8:32 PM
Mar 2023
BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON
Jul 25, 8:32 PM
Mar 2023
BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON SO FAR
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Akane Best Girl for Aqua

Mr-DYNAMIC - Yesterday

46 by no_comparisonBM »»
4 minutes ago

» They Honestly tried too hard with the opening for this show

Neolightveo - Yesterday

34 by XfireMhm »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

145 by OxFrieren »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 3

255 by Rinrinka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Season 1 opening or season 2 opening? ( 1 2 )

TASM18 - Jul 17

52 by Alpha-Nine »»
Yesterday, 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.